Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #181  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Okay Ladies,

I thought I had already had the best of the soups and chili's ..................but oh no.....................

THIS WHITE CHICKEN CHILI IS OUTSTANDING!!!!!! NOW IF I CAN JUST STOP MYSELF FROM EATING THE WHOLE POT!!!!!! PRAY FOR ME GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-12-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #182  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! I don't think I've posted in a few days... but I'm still here!! Still on plan... even managed 2 more nights out at karaoke with coffee, diet 7 up and water! wooohoo!

My positive today is that I got another resume and application submitted. MUST FIND ANOTHER JOB! (i only work 'as needed' for the law office - as a legal assistant) The one I applied for today is 9-1 mon-fri so I could do afternoons at the law office. It would be sweet to have both. Wish me luck!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #183  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Gothick,
You don't need luck cause you are blessed. Pray about it, claim it and it is yours. But not to worry I have got your back, I'll be praying too.
Good job on going out and still staying on plan. You get a WOOT WOOT!!!!

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-12-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, this thread is really hoppin’ thanks to the new gals and our wonderful Learn who is back in the saddle.

HotWings -- that apple jelly sounds great. And it sounds like everyone on this thread is jonesing for a jar, LOL. And -- by the way -- you sound like you are the most organized person in the world. I am the kind of person everyone THINKS is organized because all the stuff I do is organized-looking in the END. But I really am constantly in chaos, which I don’t really like. Give me a clean desk and it will be filled to the brim in 5.2 seconds with ... stuff. I don’t know how I do it.

Nooch -- I hear you about weighing less than your husband. I have all these “mini-goals” and one of is to weigh less than my fiance. He’s actually gained a few pounds and is now 182, but you can see I still have my work cut out for me! I must tell you, though, that we were walking up to a store with big plate glass windows (the kind that act like a mirror, you know?) Anyway, I thought I looked pretty good next to him, not so overwhelmingly big like I used to.

Hi Katarina -- you’ve done so well with your eating, and your weight loss is phenomenal. That added strength training will be perfect . And your apple recipe sounds soooo delish, thanks for sharing.

Learn -- that is great news about getting your Mom into senior day care. Those things are a blessing. And your baby is going to be a TEENAGER! “Katie bar the door”, as my mom used to say! PS - I will say it again, I'm so glad you’re back.

Lost
... sounds like you did GREAT over the weekend. Congrats!

Oats
... 10 hours of sleep sounds grand.

Sara -- now I know you love winter and are soooo happy that snow is falling. But, Sara -- reality check -- it’s only OCTOBER!!!! Is October WINTER in Finland???? You have to understand I live in Key West, FL, where October is right in the middle of SUMMER, LMAO! I’m up in NY right now, and it’s in the 60’s I think (fahrenheit) and I’m FREEZING. I promised my fiance I’d stay up here until around Christmas, but then it’s back to the Keys for me and those beautiful warm island breezes. Congrats on the pretty new coat, BTW.

Ags -- I’ve loved reading your posts the last few days. They are full of life and love. I’m sorry I haven’t come up with more stories for you. I’ll have to do a search for the old “octopus” one. I can’t imagine there are too many threads on 3FC with the word “Octopus” in them. (Actually, I just did a search and there are FIVE pages of posts with the word “octopus” in them, HaHa.) Should I try the white chicken chili?

My YMCA update (and my positive).
Saturday, the first day I went to the YMCA, I just signed up and looked around. I didn’t do anything. Then, yesterday, I went into the fitness room and tried out all the cardio machines plus walked for 20 minutes on a treadmill. I also tried rowing and found I kinda liked it. I might do that for some of my cardio, and maybe it will help my back also. Somehow, even though everyone says the elliptical is wonderful, I just can't get into it. I think it might be my groin pull I had in my car accident is bothered by it.

TODAY I took a class called “Core and More”. It was one of those combination weight training plus cardio sessions, the kind where you never have time to catch your breath. Arghghghghgh!!!! It was great, there were only 3 people in the class but I just couldn’t keep up with everything. I did the best I could, some of the exercises I just did half time. And, with one of the exercises, I just stopped and waited until everyone was done.

The instructor came up to me after and that was embarrassing, but she was really nice and made me feel ok. (I am the kind of person who would rather not have anyone notice that I’m not quite keeping up as opposed to the kind of person who wants the instructor to try and make her feel better. But, she honestly was nice and motivational.)

TOMORROW I am going to do a class called “High Impact Water Aerobics”, apparently a water exercise class on steroids. The good thing about water exercise is you can kind of slack off if you need to and the whole class doesn’t know since everything but your head is underwater. I chose a water class, too, because I doubt I’ll be able to walk for a few days without hobbling because of the “Core and More” class. I certainly won’t be able to do another land-based class for a day or two. I had to hold onto the railing really tight just to make it down the steps. My thighs just kill me from those classes, but it’s all good ... right??? Right????

Anyway, this YMCA is great because all these classes are FREE and you don’t have to sign up for them. So I’m going to try a lot of different classes and stick with the ones I like.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #185  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

CJ, you are doing outstanding, but don't do to much all at once, take it baby girl. all those classes aren't going anywhere. One day at a time, one step at a time. Rome was not built in a day.

Yes you should try the white chicken chili, it will make you feel all warm and toasty way up there in NY.

I am glad you have enjoyed reading my post, glad they bring a smile to your beautiful face.

Alright ladies, your prayers must be working, I have not eaten the whole yet!!!!

Going to take a nap now, see you darlings in a little while, I think. LOL LOL

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-12-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 340/165/150

Height: 5'5

Hello gals, Enjoy the apple recipe! I LOVE to cook, so don't be surprised if I post many other recipes in the future.

Today I went through an old box of "important papers"...old letters, tax statements, etc. In the box I found my Before pictures, taken the day I had gastric bypass surgery. Now, I have had these pictures for almost 9 years, but it has been a long time since I looked at them.

The young woman in that picture looks miserable. I remember posing for a full on view and a side view that morning. My mom took the pictures. I remember how I felt when I went into the hospital. I didn't care if I got off that operating table or not. It was my last shot in my mind, after being heavy all of my teenage years and early adulthood...trying every diet I could find, and just sinking into the ever-deepening well of depression and self loathing.

My positive for today: I am no longer that person. My life is not easy, but I want to live it.

I had today off work for the holiday. Tomorrow I'm back to my normal schedule. I'm packed and ready for an early morning at the gym.

Another positive: despite Friday and Saturday being my diet "days off" I have remained mostly "on program" (is that what it is called?). And I have not had an alcoholic beverage in 9 days...so I've avoided the extra calories that have sabotaged my calorie deficit in the past.

Good night ladies. I wish you blessed sleep and pleasant dreams.

Kat

~Every day is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it count. ~
Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #187  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Kat.
your post brought tears to my eyes and as I read on they became tears of joy, you have come such a long way and you continue to be a positive force within your own life. I applaude you.!!!! You are such a beautiful girl, keep letting your light shine, you are an inspiration. So glad you are here with us. Self worth runs deep, keep it flowing.

Love to you,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-12-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:33 AM   #188  

Top O' The Morning!
Wow, did I really sleep till almost 5 o'clock? That's a major sleep-in for me, but boy oh boy is my back screaming at me for laying in bed for so long. No fear, I have already popped that ever so popular Vicadin and I should be set until bedtime. Now on to the more important stuff...
The personals!
Sara- I absolutely adore christmas time, especially since I had my son. Up until about last christmas I managed to keep the spirit of Santa Claus alive by going thru great lengths to make him believe in Jolly Ol' Saint Nick. I do hope you get your blanket of white very soon. Nothing would make me happier than to have Florida snowed in for the holidays.
Oat- Thank you so much for the bible verses. Just Awesome. Wow, I can't remember the last time I slept 10 hours straight. You lucky thing you!
Ags- The White Chicken Chili Monster. CJ is right, your post for the last few days have been awesome. You sound so up and I love it. It sounds like that of a person with harmony in her life. God must really be smiling down on you sweetheart. You deserve it too!
gothik- I do hope the job hunt turns something up for you. Especially with the holidays coming, the extra funds would really come in handy. Good luck to you!
CJ- WOW! Your gonna wear out the YMCA! The water aerobics sounds divine. My pool is closed down for the next several months, so I'm not getting as much exercise in as I'd like. Please be careful and don't over do it, O.K.?
Kat- You have come so far, I really admire you and the person you have become. Your stronger than ever and you can accomplish anything.
As for me my positives for yesterday are I'm on track with my eating. My mom and I had a non-confrontational day. I was a little worried about my son, he started a new math class today, a more intense one to prepare him for the Florida FCAT's. Well mom worried for nothing, he got thru it just fine. He was a little upset about it over the weekend because the school took away his favorite elective (art) to put him in this class. He's doing awesome though. Progress reports show 5-A's and 1-B, but that doesn't matter here in FL. You can make straight A's all year, but if you choke and don't pass the FCAT's you repeat that grade level the following year.

Here is a thought for the day,
"Life is not a matter of having good cards, but playing a poor hand well."
Well ladies, that is it for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful tuesday full of positivities and uplifting motivations. I will catch you all later. Remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn

Old 10-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #189  

I went t o bed late since today was my day off just now getting around to posting ..
Yesterday was a awesome day Hubby and I spent the day doing our weekly chores .. Then we sat down and watched a movie together that is a first in months .. We both have a hard time just sitting watching tv always have to be mulittasking ..
CJ .... I am so glad you are enjoying the YMCA ... We were apart of the YMCA here in Texas and our experience was not the greatest I am so glad that not all of them are a like ..

Learn so nice to have you back here posting this morning my friend... Sorry to hear you woke up to your back hurting .. Hopefully as you get up and get to moving you will find less pain for your day ..

Ag..... So glad you liked the white chilie it is one of my favorites thats for sure .. Hugs and prayers are sent for you and your family ..

Kat..... Pictures can sure be a good reminder of where we have come from and the mirror is a good reminder of where we are today . Congradulations on your successful new life style ..
My Positive for today is I wil be cooking hubby up some food for his lunches for this work .. He likes his food with peppers and I dont ... being organized is a very positive thing for me ...

“The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.”
Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #190  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey ladies, I am home for one more day, YAY !!! YAY!!!! Well as you can see, I survived, I did NOT eat the whole pot of chili, I have a little left over for today. And I do mean a little.

Learn, your darling baby will pass with flying colors, no worries babe. I am so happy that you are stayng on point but sorry to hear your back is bothering you again. This too shall pass, one step at a time. Wow a nonconfrontional day, hot dang babies, blessings coming your way.

Oats, how lovely you and hubby got to watch a movie together, that is so special. Daddy and I do that alot, we both love good movies. And you got to sleep for 10 hours, that is outstanding, Rock it momma.

Well as we speak I have the Pig Pinwheels in the oven. The filling tasted great and now I cannot wait for them to come out of the oven. Wooohoooo!!!! So far, on point for the day and praying for a great finish.

Everyone have an outstanding blessed pay it forward kind of day.!!!!!!!!Let your lights shine and make someone smile. As Oats says, make every day count!!!!!

Later sweet patooties,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-13-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #191  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Just a quick one today -

I was looking at a knitting pattern for a sweater I was considering making (but decided against - don't want to knit a sweater that won't fit soon) and usually when I look at the sizes offered I go straight to the largest one to see if it will fit. Today, I went straight to the largest one... too big! I went to the second largest... too big! I'd actually be a 1X in that pattern!

The days of automatically assuming I can't knit non-accessories because they won't fit (I don't have the skills to resize patterns for myself) are OVER!

Last edited by nooch; 10-13-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #192  

Height: 5'7"

I guess I have been beating myself up over the gain I have had in the past few months.I had a heart to heart with my older sister today and she kicked me in the rear and then made me look at the whole picture....I have lost 86lbs in a little over 18 months...I have nothing to be ashamed of!!!! So my positive is the change in my attitude.Now Im ready to lose the rest!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #193  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal View Post
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

Makes 9 cups
1 pound chicken breasts, diced
14 ounces chicken broth (1½ cups)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Pepper to taste
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 ounces canned chopped mild green chilies
2 tablespoons flour
28 ounces canned white beans, rinsed
14 ounces canned corn, including liquid
1 tablespoon vinegar

2 cups fat-free half ‘n’ half
½ cup low-fat sour cream
½ teaspoon Tabasco
Garnish with chopped cilantro
Cook chicken in splash of the chicken broth in a Dutch oven over medium heat until cooked. Heat remaining broth in microwave. Transfer chicken to a dish to hold.
Melt butter with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add onion, red pepper, garlic and chilies; cook until onion is soft. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in hot broth, chicken, beans, corn and vinegar. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for 90 minutes. Stir in half ‘n’ half, sour cream and Tabasco; rewarm but do not boil. Serve and enjoy!
NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per Cup: 261 Cal; 7g Tot Fat; 3g Sat Fat; 32g Carb; 5g Fiber; 1013mg Sodium; 44mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers 5 points
I want to make this next week.. but I don't want to use the corn. Would a couple of different kinds of beans work? I imagine so but if anyone has any specific ideas, I'm all ears. I'm not very bean - savvy. Also, is there a thickening agent other than flour I can use?

Last edited by gothik butterfly; 10-13-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #194  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola chicas!

Man oh man I'm so tired! TOM is here and I'd like to kick him right where the sun don't shine... but then that would mean kicking myself right in the hooha and I' m thinking that might hurt

so aside form the fact that I'm bloated, cranky, and cramping my positive for today Is I got off work early (low numbers with ltos of kids being out sick) woo whoo that means I can go soak in my nice hot jetted tub!

and..... I resisted the urge to weigh in today Because I just know I would have been depressed with the results since it's TOM! My jeans that were baggy on me just two days ago I can barely zip up today I am suppppeeerrr bloated. ugh!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 10-13-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #195  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good afternoon darlin's,

Nooch, what can I say other than you are doing fine and grabbing life by the horns and taking charge. Ride that bull baby.

Dgram, so happy to see. If all you needed was a swift kick, I'd have sent your sister my boot along time ago. You have accomplished so much, don't you ever play that down. I am wishing I was where you are, you have always been an inspiration to me, so don't play yourself cheap. You are a DAIMOND!!!!! SHINE BABY SHINE!!!!. As Jacque use to say, when she changed her attitude, her life changed, so Rock ON MOMMA!!!!

Gothik, you know nothing is etched in stone, so play with it and make it your own. I am sure you could use pinto beans, pink beans or black beans, you may just have to change the name of the recipe. LOL LOL LOL I must tell you though the corn really does this chili justice, it really adds to the flavor. Not sure about the thickening agent though, I am sure there is something you could substitute. But I gotta tell ya, this recipe ROCKS just as it is and chickie, I know my food!!!!

Maria, that good long soak sounds so tantilizing right now. Can you spare a jet or two. Now kick depression in the butt, suck it up, cause in a few days it will be gone baby gone. Now my little Princess Warrior, TOM may have won the battle for a few days, but the war ain't over yet!!!!!!

I am so excited at this moment, remember I told you I messed up my pumpkin smash, well all is not lost, I turned that lemon into lemonade, I rolled a thin reduced fat pizza dough, sprinkled it with brown sugar splenda, spreaded out that pumpkin smash over it, and rolled it up and sprinkled more brown sugar splenda on top, popped it into the oven and voila!!!! Pumpkin roll and it was good!!!! So you see ladies, you can always, always, turn a negative into a POSITIVE!!!! Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!!!

Now check this out, my Mali is coming over to spend some time with his Nana and Popa!!!! Hot dang, Life is Grand!!!!!

Oats, I need ya girl........I want a recipe for a really good lite lasagna and a spinach lasagna if you have one. I like cooking and touring the country. I have now a Cajun, Mexician, American, so now it time for a little Italy, send that Italian on to me. Wow what will be next, can you ladies help me choose, I am open for suggestions!!! Oats, hope your day was filled with love and blessings overflowing, but somehow I already know that it was.

Later cutie pies,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-13-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Closed Thread