Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 06:10 AM   #76  

Good Morning Chickies!!!

What a nice surprise to see more chickies out and about posting !!

Learn... We miss you !!!! Hugs & Prayers!!!

Ag.... Girl I read your posts and reread them they are so good!!! You are one busy gal on a mission ..With your determination you are and will remain Successful!!! You go girl !!!!!

Hotwings.... Girl planning meals ahead is a plan of success ... Congradulations on that 1 pound girl every once counts!! :-)
That 3 x a week exercise girl is a big one that will sure help you burn calories and build muscle !!!

Nooch... Hope you have a wonderful Sunday !! Just remember if you look close enough you can find something positive in all things!! Your going to make it !!!

UCLR.... If by chance your out there reeading !!! Post a little we would love to know whats whirling in your world !! I am sure there is alot of good stuff you could share!!

INK.... Hope your plowing straight a head and seeing all the positive things life has for you today!!!

Butterfly.... One day at time you know but dont get to busy in life to smell the Roses ... Life is yours today make it count !!

Maria... Nice to meet you .. sounds like you had a blast ... So glad you shared your trip with us!!!

My Positive for the day is ... I made my goal of exercising 3 times last week 2 days of over 4 miles of walking and 2 day over 5 miles ..
Journaling and writing down my goals keeps me on target and writing here twice aday keeps me accountable ..

You only live today once so do your best and make it a day that counts toward a healthier, thinner, brighter tomorrow !!!
Hugs & Blessings to all you lurkers please come a nd join us!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #77  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Rootin' Tootin' Cowgirls,

What's up???? LIFE!!!!!! SO let's get on our ponies and RIDE!!!!

This is the day that the Lord hath made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Today has been a wonderful, peaceful, and blessed day in my life and I am so thankful for it.

My litlle Mali took his first step today!!!!! He will be into everything very very soon , so I guess I better buy some new running shoes. WOW did I say running???

Ended up making the Horseradish Burgers and Oven fries today and I must say they were outstanding. the burger was juicy and the fries had a little kick with a dab of sweetness. If I had known the WW recipes in this book were so good, maybe I would already be thinner. YOU go WW's.. the fries has cumin, chili powder (I use Chipotle) and dab of sugar and salt and pepper. that was it, and they were awesome, and my kids loved the whole meal.

Oats, thanks for all the love and support and Lord knows I love the quotes.

Hottie, yeah babe the breakfast burrito's are good. I shocked my self. Glad I gave you a good laugh darling, life is short enough, we must remember to laugh. Proud of you, meal planning and all.

Maria, Howdy partner, glad your trip was such a blast. It is so nice to have to have my cyber daughter back. You had a full trip. The part about your mom, I should have had on a depend. I laughed sooo hard, I had to make a mad dash to the little's girl room.

A Nooch, here's a shout out for you girl. Heyyyyyyy!!!! Hope you are out of your funk, Miss Funkie Pants. LOL LOL

HI INk, UCLR, Butterfly, Lovely Learn, My Baby Girl Shia, Mainah my girl, Road Runner CJ, Betty, Sylv, Thighs, Fungirl, and all you cool cats out there. Be good, take care, and stay Positive.

Alright now, if you would like this recipe, just say so and I will post it. Okay ladies, it is back to the game for me. Check back in tonight.

I ain't got nothing but LOVE for ya babies!!!
Hugs, love, and many blessings,
Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-27-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:38 AM   #78  

Good Morning Chickies !!!
It felt so good to sleep in this morning and not get up at at 3 am ..
On my lunch break yeaterday at work on the table laid a decotional book someone had brought and left opeen for all to read .. I picked it up and was so encouraged .. Their was a article on Positive self talk verses Negative self talk .. After reading that articlee and being challenged to write positive statements to my self daily ..
I came away charged like an Energizer Bunny ...
My positive for today is I know with out a shadow of doubt that I seserve to be healthy ... I know I have the freedom to make good choices .. I know because of yesterday I am a better person today!!
I know that God has not brought me this far and will see me through ... I believe we all can be Successful if we only believe that for our selves .... There is power in numbers so lets all join hands and believe for each other that we can truly be a healthier thinner positive person because we believe that !!

I just wanted to give all of you wonderful Positive Chickies a big good morning Hug today !!!
That song ...Lean on me when your not strong I'll be your friend I'll help you carry one ... Thats true for us wwhen one is weak there is one that is strong so lets lean on our chicks here and have a bright and better day!!!

(((((((((((((((((Learn. Ag Ink . Hotwings, GGirl, Nooch, UCLR, Maria, Butterfly))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )
Old 09-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #79  
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone for wishing me well w/o braces. I had those things for 4yrs, 4mths! Ugh!!! I go this Wednesday to get the bottom ones off. Any whoo...

Learn - I did hear abt those two from DTWS breaking up. I pray that your pain subsides. We tend to take our everyday health for granted. Sorry to hear that your sister didn't tell you abt the bill! I'm happy you found your way to a library b/c you really do bring essence to this thread. I see why you all miss ppl when they're not here.

HotWings - Those Smart Ones canadian bacon/egg/cheese things, do they come like that or do you piece everything together yourself?

Nooch - Congrats on your hair thickening!

Gothik - Welcome back!!!!

Ags & Oat - Nice recipes, I might try them one day.

Oat - You are becoming quite an inspiration on this thread, aren't ya?

Inked - Congrats with getting your foot in the door of the School System!

GGGirls & UCLR - Nice to see you all here again!

Maria - Welcome back from your trip! Glad to see you had a nice time & came back unharmed.

My positive today...I'm gonna use a free trial today at Bally's after work. We'll see how it goes!!!

Last edited by nonabee; 09-28-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #80  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Hellloooo Ladies,

Just like Nooch I didn't wanna bring my bad aura in here lol. BUT the good thing is....I kicked it to the curb!!!

Now I am trying to stay positive!!!

A HUGE thank you to Oatmeal...your inspirational quotes actually made me cry!!! But in a good way. It made me look at things in a totally new way!

Last week my leader at WW had a really interesting to talk about. She said it's all in the "Dash"! At first I thought she was insane but then she explained...

"Last week my granddaughter and I were at a cemetary. And my granddaughter said look at how short this persons life was, and look at how long that ones was. I explained to her, we don't know how good the persons life was that was longer or shorter-it's all in what you make of it". So her lecture was about the Dash! If we are able to go from starting weight to goal in 1 week, what fun is that. Think about the "in between", the goals, accomplishments, hurdles and the milestones. Its what in the dash that counts like: being able to walk up the stairs, see your collar bone, no more cankles, feeling sexy, being able to fit in a smaller size etc.

I really hope this makes sense. Have a great day chickies!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #81  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hi darlin's,

It has been a really good day in the neighborhood and I am so pleased with it's outcome. Productive and positive and I am absolutely loving it.

Hey Oats, I am pleased as punch that your day was so great, I have come not to expect anything less. You are a force within yourself.

Nona, sweet Nona, I do love seeing your smiling face. Going to kick some butt at Bally's ugh, and it's free, work it out!!!!

Hey Rena is in the house, hey there girlfriend. Happy as heck to see ya. Girl, I know all about the dash, first time I read it I cried. I thought I still had a copy of it, but I could not find. I will continue to search for it and then post it here, I believe everyone will take it in. Glad you are back.

CJ, where is my litte road runner now? Be safe out there!! Sending you love and well wishes, take care.

Until later gators,
Hugs, smiles, love and blessings,
AGs

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-28-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 AM   #82  

Wow .... I woke up to 48 degrees this morning considering it was 95 degrees yesterday this is a nice surprise ..

I am late posting this morning I slept 11 hours last night ... It was much needed sleep that is for sure ..

Morning Ag.... Glad your weekend was such a positive one !! It sure makes one feel great as a result .. :-)

Morning Learn... Hope you can make it to the libary and post us a note .. I sure miss your early morning posting!! Hang in there you will be back in no time !! :-)

Betty ggrl ... aww thanks for sharing your conversation with your grand daughter .. I have to agree with you about it being what is in the dash that you experience !! Thank you so much for sharing this!! Its a good reminder for me for sure ...

Nonabee... Hope you enjoy your time at Baly's today ... You sure need an indoor place to exercise with that cold weather up your way for several months .. ILL is my home state got to love the winters .. :-)

*My positive for today is I have my grocery list all written out coupons all ready to go .. Ready to make some Taco soup today very good soup and great one for staying on program*

Learn. Ag ,Ink . Hotwings, GGirl, Nooch, UCLR, Maria, Butterfly, Betty, Nonabee.....Hope yall have a blessed productive day .. :-)

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”
Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #83  

Hi All,
Man do I miss my 3FC buddies! Please know that you are all in my thoughts everyday. I am staying on track as far as eating, but exercising is a whole different story. I am hoping my sister will pay the internet bill soon, so I can get back to my normal morning routine of coffee and 3FC.
I will be back in a day or two.

Guardrails Up!

Later - Learn
Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #84  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good morning ladies,

I am off to a very good running start.

Good morning Oats, you are so focused, plannig all done and list is ready. Now you know I want that Taco soup recipe, so let's get a crackin'. It is chilly here too, Man do I love this weather.

Learn, my neighbor, my friend, my gatekeeper, I am soooooo happy to see your bright a shining face this morning. I sure do miss you girl. Please know that the Assistant Gatekeeper Oats, is doing a marvelous job. I do love the double team at the gate. Learn, tell your sister, don't make me come to Florida and find her!!! Keeping you away from me. LOL LOL No seriously I do miss you sooo much.

Shia, Where in the heck are you???? I am having Shia withdrawls. Call me, you have my number. I am getting old and cannot keep up with anything, meaning your number, I do not know where I put it, sooooo CALL ME!!!!!

Bite, where are you, I miss you too girl???? Please stop by if only for a shout out........K???

Today is going great work wise thus far, I am in the red and that is a blessing. Gonna try to keep it that way all day. What a positive that will be for me. Hip hip whoorayyyy!!!!

See you chickies later,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-29-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! I finally made it up to NY. Thank you all for your kind thoughts during my long drive from the Florida Keys. I'm actually sitting in a Panera Bread restaurant because I like to use my own laptop (vs. my fiance's computer) and he doesn't have wireless internet yet. He is supposed to be getting it installed next week so I'll be able to post more easily then from my own computer.

The trip was great. I thought of your husband, Ags, when I was amongst the big trucks (he's a trucker isn't he?). Wow! Most of the drivers are really really good, but every once in a while there is one that is a little tired or crazy and it's scary. I saw one almost cream a car that was probably in their blind spot. He changed lanes right into the car which was (luckily) able to go off onto a shoulder.

Anyhow, enough of that. I am happy to say I lost 2 pounds since I started the trip. I really tried to watch what I ate all the time and, honestly, it wasn't too hard. I sort of made a rule of "no sweets". Sweets can be a downfall for me. I did have one bite of a dessert my brother ordered when I was visiting him, but that's all during the entire trip. I think if I can avoid sweets, it stops that food craving.

Anyhow, I will try to read everything later. Just wanted to report in to the positive patrol and let you know I am still on the radar! CJ
Old 09-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #86  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

CJ,
Am estatic to know that you have made it there safe and sound. Way to go, two pounds down, they just bit the dust, I am wondering in what state did their death occur. LOL Okay road runner, you can park those running shoes now and relax, take a break and enjoy staying still. Tell Mr. Fiance to take good care of you, you are precious cargo. Love ya and miss ya too.

Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-30-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #87  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Right now I'm at starbucks enjoying my coffee and oatmeal. Yummy!

Last night at weight in I lost another 1.2lbs! I was shocked because of my pity party I was having last week! Whoo hoo! I'm only 3.4lbs from my 10% goal! I'm so excited!

This week I'm gonna try to make it to the gym atleast a few times. I may even try a class or two. Plus, I'm gonna get to the park while the weather is still tolerable so my boys can get a good run in.

As for my quitting smoking* I have cut down quite a bit. So I think I'm ready now! After this package I'm done! I'm gonna quit. Its just too expensive spending $10 a pack! With Christmas just around the corner I would rather spend on presents than smokes.

Anyways darlings, stay positive and have a great day!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #88  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello positive people!

Oatmeal: Way to go on the exercise! That one is so hard for me. You are rockin' it. Good thoughts about the positive/negative self-talk as well. That was really my epiphany and why I know I will succeed in my lifestyle change this time. I had way to much negative self-talk going on in the past.. now I am replacing that negative with positive! Good going!

Ags: You are absolutely blowin me away with your perky positiveness! YOU are a blessing and I am so thankful that you started these positive threads. Keep on keepin on - I'm lovin' ya!

nona: A free trial at Ballys - that sounds awesome. Let us know how it went! I sense you will become a gym rat - a sleek, sexy one!

betty: Glad you are all de-funkified now! lol Kicked another 1.2 lbs to the curb - that is awesome. You are really gettin after your goal! I have about had it with smoking, too. I am not sure when I will cut it completely. I have about a pack and a half left. Maybe we can quit together? My main problem will be that when I step outside to have a smoke it's kind of my "break time" from the kids, etc. I'm not sure I will know what to do with myself. I am trying to figure out something to replace that with.

learn: We miss you! Kick your sister in the booty! You can tell her I did it if you want! Keep going on the eating part - that's the main struggle. Any exercise you do is just bonus!

CJ: So glad you made it to NY safely. And you lost weight in the process??? That is awesome! All of your hard work is definitely paying off.

For me: I mentioned before that I had kicked things up a notch and it is paying off. Can't wait to do my official weigh-in on Saturday. Yesterday I discovered that I am in love with butternut squash. That is a shocker for me, because I have never liked squash - it just always seemed mushy and tasteless to me. But, my dad gave me two from his garden and yesterday I decided to try something I had read about on hungrygirl.com - peel it, remove the seeds then grate it like hash browns. Use a paper towel to remove any moisture you can from it. Spray a nonstick pan generously with cooking spray and preheat the pan on a higher heat on the stove. Then add your squash and fry it up like hashbrowns (it takes about 2-3 minutes per side depending on how much you put in the pan). I was SO skeptical that this would even be near the taste of hashbrowns, but boy was I wrong. It was AWESOME. I would never have known it was not potatoes! Great thing is that the squash is lower cals (1 cup is about 80 cals compared to 1 cup of potatoes at around 115 cals) and it is quite a bit lower on the glycemic index than regular potatoes. Also, it tastes already buttered - so no need to add extra calories for butter! Now I am thinking of all the ways I could use this instead of completely giving up on the flavor of white potatoes - I think I will start by adding it to my breakfast burritos! I heart it

Let's do this thing, ladies!

Last edited by HotWings; 09-30-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #89  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

I've just become a Maid of Honor for the first time! wooo!

my positive uplifting thing about me today is that I am a good friend. And killer at planning weddings.. hehehe

have a great day everyone!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #90  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Hey everybody! I've been so busy, which has really distracted me from wallowing so I'm thankful for that!

I will be back with full personals tomorrow but just for today my positive is that I think I have broken my plateau
Closed Thread