Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #61  

Good Evening Chickies !!
Internet was not connecting this morning !!!
AG... it may appearred you were here alone but I was here in spirit!! :-)
and we both know Learn is here in spirit also !!

Today was a very cool day was 54 degrees this morning !! Where is 80 degreee mornings!! I am wimping out with the cool temps...

Today was a good day there was a list given to our deptartment that needed to be done by sundown .. When I left all most all of it was accomplished .. That was a great big Positive for me !! :-)

Hotwings .. Sweet pickles with Splenda what a great idea !! Have one for me !! :-) Nothing like cooking and spending time with family .. What a blessing !!

CJ.... so glad to hear from our traveler !! Sounds like you are having a great trip !! Keep us posted on your journey !! May the travel angels keep you safe ..

Ag...
I didnt go to my WW meeting this week but plan to attend next week .. Hope I can get 2 recipes next week .. We have the best leaderr she is awesome .. I went and picked up some more vita muffins today .. They are the best little snack or even part of a breakfast and only 1 point.....
What kind of good soup recipes do you have .. I make the Taco soup alot ... I like thick soups... Think I need to do some recipe searching ..
Well I am going to go get some dinner and I will post again soon!!

I just want to challenge of of our friends that are just reading to surface and give up a shout!! We would love to have new friends so come join us !!

Are you waiting for external circumstances to prove that you are successful? It must come from within FIRST. Believe you are successful, act like you are successful...and everything around you will begin to reflect it
Old 09-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #62  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi Oats,

Sooo happy to see you. You had a great day, and tell the internet don't mess with you again.

I love thick soups too, I will post one for Roasted Tomato Soup with Pesto and Mozzeralla Dippers. I am going to make a light version of the dippers. Cannot wait to do it.

Sorry you missed your WW meeting, I went this evening and was down TWO more pounds. TEN more to go to make my 10%. I cannot wait!!!! I will be jumping up and down so hard you will feel the earth shift.

Your quote was awesome and I have been passing them right along.

Learn, thinking of you!!!!!

Missing all of you lovely ladies. Here kisses xxxxxxxxxxx coming your way.
Have a good night and I will see you tomorrow.

Sweet dreams, love and blessings,
AGs

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-24-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #63  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Ags & Oatmeal: Your perseverance is outstanding - you keep it rockin even when the lights are turned down!

Oatmeal: Way to whip that work into shape - I bet that felt GOOOOOD!

Ags: 2 more pounds!!! You slam dunked it! Here's a WOOT WOOT! for ya!

Ladies, if you like sweet pickles you really need to try this. It is SO easy and they keep in the fridge for 9 months! Extremely low cal & they taste fantastic on turkey burgers, etc... or if you are like me.. just toss some on your plate as a side dish They would also be awesome on any kind of relish type tray for the holidays. I'm going to post over in calorie counters forum, too.. but wanted you ladies to have it first!

This recipe is from one of the elderly ladies at a church I used to go to - she always had the best recipes.

Refrigerator Sweet Pickles

7 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
1 cup thinly sliced onions (I believe you could leave this out, but they taste great)
1 cup thinly sliced green pepper (I use only the onion & cucumber in mine)
1 Tbsp salt
2 cups sugar (replace with equal amount of Splenda)
1 cup vinegar
1 Tbsp celery seed

Combine cucumbers, onions, green peppers and salt. Stir and let stand 1 hour. Combine sugar, vinegar and celery seed. Heat just to dissolve sugar; cool. Pack cucumber mixture into jars and pour liquid mixture over. Keep refrigerated - will keep in fridge up to 9 months.

As for the jars, this is a great way to use old mayo, spaghetti sauce, etc. jars as these pickles do not require you to seal them as in canning. I would say these are ready to eat after sitting overnight in the fridge.

Provided you use Splenda, the only real calories in this come from the veggies and the vinegar (vinegar has only about 30 cals for an entire cup!). A great way to spruce up salads, too!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:30 AM   #64  

Goooooooooooooooood Morning!!!
I have to leave in 3 minutes for work !!! I just wanted to stop in and say Lets stay on program today !!! Look in the mirror and see all that good our friends see at each day !!!! You know we can do any thing we set our minds to do !! SO Lets DO IT !!!!!!!!
Hugs & blessings to Ag, Learn, Hotwings, Ink, ggirl, Nooch, UCLR, and anyone that is reading !! This is your day make it count!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #65  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Hi everybody, I've been MIA 'cause I don't want to bring my aura of funk in here...

However, my positive for the day is that my hair, which was thinning horribly on top, seems to have thickened a bit. I no longer look in the mirror and have my first comment be oh no, my hair is falling out.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #66  

good afternoon Chickies ..
Today was a great day ...It sun was out and 80 degrees .... The Sun is a good source of vitiman D so I walked the lake again today .It was beautiful .. I am so grateful for such a nice plase to walk ... I put my ear phones in my ears and turn on my ipod and listened to some good praise music !! Was a awesome walk!! ...

So glad you stopped by Nooch .. Glad your hair is starting to thicken up for ya !! Hang in there when the going get tough you can be tougher !! You will make it !!!

Ag.. Hope you had a good week and you have some good things planned for the weekend..

Learn
If you get online you will know that you are missed alot girl !! Hopefully you will be up and running in no time ..

Sending hugs of encouragement to Ink, Hot Wings, GGirl, Uclr, Ag, Learn,

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind
can see
Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #67  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey darlin's,

It has been one long and crazy day, but that is A-Okay, I made it thru. God was my pilot and I was in co-pilot seat. What a way to fly.

Nooch, happy to see ya no matter what mood you are in, so don't say away, come round and we will brighten your day. Hey that rhymed. Enjoy your weekend baby. By the way your hair is beautiful.

Hottie, Thank you so much for the recipe, I will try them this weekend, and I know that I will love them.

Oats, hey there girlie, glad your day was rockin', you spread so much enthusiasum and I am trying to capture it all. I think I may need a bigger glove. Wooohaaa!!! I want a lake to walk by. I love your let's make everyday count. Today's quote is soo real, I will be passing thos one along as well.

Hello to everyone out there in lurking land, smoochies to you.

Well ladies, see ya tomorrow. Going to play with my grandson Mali now.

Love and blessings,
Ags
Old 09-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #68  

Good Saturday Morning !!
Its almost 3 am here in the peaceful state of Texas .. What a calm quiet morning it is ... What a blessing to feel and hear peace before a busy day gets started ..

Ag I am so glad your doing so well .. Sure hope you had a great time with your grandson .. Memories with family are forever !!

Hotwings I am going to pick up the items to make your pickles this next week .. I just love trying new recipes ..

Nooch .. I sure hope you have a blessed weekend ... Do domething special for your self ..

Hugs and encouragement to INK, Ag, Learn, Hot Wings, GGirl, UCLR, and any lurkers!!

The Difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a persons determination

Last edited by Oatmeal; 09-28-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:08 AM   #69  

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp agave nectar
Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 1 oz • Calories: 63 • Points: 1.5 pts
Old 09-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #70  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

a little birdie sent me an e-mail like 6 months ago reminding me of this thread.

And I'm glad to be back!

Hello all! Good morning, sunshines!

I've been up a whole 20 minutes... but I would definitely say one positive thing today is that I am going to the Oktoberfest parade with wonderful friends. I have cultivated very special friendships and I am thankful and blessed.

Have a great and positive day!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #71  

Good Morning Sweet Chicks,
I managed to make it to the library as soon as they opened, which is a terrible 10 am. With all the budget cuts the library has suffered a lot and had to cut hours drastically. I am on a 30 minute time limit so I'm gonna skid the individual personals. I have managed to read them quickly and although turn out has been low, attitudes are great and that's what matters most. I am suffering a visit with Tom this week, apparently the contract I put out on him has not been honored yet. I guess I need to hire a better hit man. I did see a few recipes I must go back to and write down. Have always wanted to try making my own pickles. Love you gals and miss you terribly. Check back in a few more days.

Remember...
Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Old 09-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #72  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good morning and OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

Today is great day and not becasue I am alive, although that is a huge plus, but becasue I am seeing folks I have missed so much.

Gothick, what a pleasure to see you and know that you are well. Yes, you were missed and never forgotten. Enjoy your wonderful day, special friendships are to be cherrished so keep them close and being blessed, well that just goes without saying.

Oats, thank you drling for the recipe, I cannot wait to try that one. You ladies are going to keep me in the kitchen, and that is okay, cause I just love it.

Learn, my darling friend and neighbor, I am sooooo happy for your library I could just scream. Saw your face and got so excitied. I told you I would help find a hit man for TOM, he really needs to be put in his place. LOL LOL I have got a super easy pickle recipe as well, will share it too. I use them on my Asian turkey burgers. Hurry back again babe, these Learn Attacks are bad.

Well Ladies, for me today, I am spending all my time with my darling husband, Jimmy and my grandson Mali (Malachi). I gotta tell you he brings be so much JOY!!!! Last evening, I decided to try something that I had not done in years and I mean years. I have so longed to be able to get in the floor and play with him. Well, last night, I sat in my chair and sled down to the floor with the promise that daddy (DH) would get me up. I played with Mali for awhile and we took pictures, well then it was time to get up and this was a major event for me. Now you really had to be here to see it to get the full effect, it was soooo funnie, I could not get up, my legs had gotten so stiff could not bend them. At last my daughter and her friend came in and with the three of them, daddy, Morgan and her friend they were able to lift me after I rolled over on to the best of the two knee's. This was a major production LOL LOL, BUT BUT, IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT!!! I GOT TO PLAY WITH MY LITTLE DARLING IN THE FLOOR, and if I never do it again, I will always have that memory.

Now today for something different I will be making Horseradish Hamburgers and Chili-Spiced Thick Cut Oven Fries. Baby, I cannot wait, my mouth is already watering. You see I have got to mix it up or I will get bored. I have always liked trying to new and unusal things, you know varitey is the spice of
life and I do love life and to live it well. If anyone is interested in the recipe, just let me know and I will post it.

Alright my loves I will be back later to check in and let you know just how good the burgers and fries were. Remember as Oats says, this is a day we have never seen before and will never see again, make the most of it, make this day count. As Learn says, Guardrails up and always always look up and give thanks.

Love, hugs, smiles and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-26-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #73  

Good Evening friends!!!!!
Nice to meet you Butterfly glad you flew in today.. Hope to see alot more of ya!!
Learn ...Glad you found a computer to keep in touch!! You are missed bunches girl!!
Hope everyone had a good saturday !!
Hugs of encouragement to all Ink,Hotwings,GGirl,AG,Nooch,UCLR,Butterfly and any lurkers!!

Leaving yall with a positive for the day !!!
"It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.”

Last edited by Oatmeal; 09-28-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #74  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola mis amigas!!!!

I've missed you all so much! I am back from my new york trip! and it had it's ups and downs! TO make a very long story short I will only tell my positives!

* I got to see a city i never saw before!
* I did not get mugged my biggest fear about going to NYC
* I took a carriage ride through central park
*Learning the subway / train/ and bus system was fairly easy
*I took a double decker bus tour through the whole city and got to go to the top of the empire state building, see times square, and see where all the celebrities live
* and even though I love my mother dearly after spending that much time which her i could have put her in a straight jacket and locked her in a closet but did not now THAT is self control!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 09-27-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:54 AM   #75  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey Hey Hey!

nooch: We are all here to support each other so bring some funk & we will support it.. errr... I mean you!

Oatmeal: What a blessing to have YOU here! Your quotes are both outstanding and uplifting. I really enjoy your positive posts. Thank you so much

learn: Check in when you can - so glad you could get to the library and give us a shout! I went through the TOM thing this last week and only lost 1 lb. I really hate that guy. We need to hook him up with Aunt Flo so they can keep each other busy and leave us alone! lol

Ags: Awesome meals you are planning. I am making breakfast burritos tomorrow for the entire week per your inspiration Great that you could spend time with the little one and DH! OMG I could picture you getting up from the floor Only because I know what *I'M* like getting up from the floor! Thanks for the laugh

maria: What an awesome trip you had - you really packed everything into that trip - I really must vacation in NYC sometime. Glad to see you peek in here and give us an update Hilarious about your mom - I would feel the same about mine by the end of the trip!

For me: I lost another pound this week. Wanted it to be more, but I will take it! My other positive is that I am kicking it up a notch this week. I have my meals all planned through Friday and hope to stay on plan with what I planned. lol I realized (see ticker below) that in order to reach my mini-goal by Halloween (as originally planned) I need to kick this fat in the butt in the next month. Lowered my cals, making sure I get a small amount of protein in each meal, 5 small meals per day. Exercise at least 3x per week. Wrote it, now I have to do it.

Let's jump on this thing and JUST DO IT!
Closed Thread