Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #196  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post

Gothik, you know nothing is etched in stone, so play with it and make it your own. I am sure you could use pinto beans, pink beans or black beans, you may just have to change the name of the recipe. LOL LOL LOL I must tell you though the corn really does this chili justice, it really adds to the flavor. Not sure about the thickening agent though, I am sure there is something you could substitute. But I gotta tell ya, this recipe ROCKS just as it is and chickie, I know my food!!!!

yeah.. can't have corn on SB phase 1.5 i think...
Old 10-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #197  

Butterfly ... Girl try a differnt kind of bean.. That is the whole fun of cooking making it your own .. :-) Do it and let us know how it turns out!!!

AG..... I will go searching for the recipe ...If you happen to find one please post it ... Have a special evening with your sweet little Mali!!!!

Maria.... Just think it will be over soon girl!!! Hang in there I know its no fun ....

dgramie...... Way to go a change of atittude is sure life changing !! Set another goal and go for it !! Be sure and share your success with us .. We love to celibrate in everyones SUCCESS!!!

Nooch.... What a nice problem to have to trying to make it small enough to fit you !!! Determination
girl you can do it !!! You could always make it to small and shrink in to it in time !! :-)

Learn I sure hope you have a good day!!
Come on and post lets us hear from you bbybear, Betty, Sara, trying, Hot Wings, Nonabee, Katarina, CJ, and anyone out there reading !!!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #198  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal View Post
Butterfly ... Girl try a differnt kind of bean.. That is the whole fun of cooking making it your own .. :-) Do it and let us know how it turns out!!!
after some thought and chit chat I have decided to use pinto bean instead of the corn... and instead of the flour I will puree some of the beans and mix them back in. (SB friendly!)

I will certainly let you all know how it is with the SB tweaks!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #199  

AG............... I found this recipe will keep looking !!!

Weight Watchers Vegetarian Lasagna recipe
Makes 16 servings .... 4 points.
Ingredients
12 lasagna noodles
1 (19 ounce) can of worthington veggie burgers (you can also use another vegemeat like crumblers or gluten)
1 (300 g) package frozen chopped spinach
1 onion
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 lb firm tofu
1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or soy cheese
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes (optional) parmesan cheese (optional)

Cook lasagna noodles according to the package directions.
Sauté onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add vegeburger or gluten.
Stir in spaghetti sauce and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Combine tofu and spinach and yeast flakes.
Put a thin layer of sauce and vegemeat on the bottom of a Large baking dish.
Place on layer of (3-4) noodles (slightly overlapped) on top of the sauce. Add another layer of sauce (can add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese too).
Repeat the last step until you get to the middle layer (usually there are 3-5 layers total depending on the depth of your pan).
In the middle, layer the tofu & spinach, then continue with the previous layering of sauce & vegemeat and noodles.
The top layer should be covered in sauce with mozzarella or soy cheese sprinkled on top.
Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees Celsius.

WW POINTS per serving: 4 Nutritional information per serving: 218 calories, 7.7g fat, 3.4g fiber
Old 10-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #200  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik butterfly View Post
after some thought and chit chat I have decided to use pinto bean instead of the corn... and instead of the flour I will puree some of the beans and mix them back in. (SB friendly!)

I will certainly let you all know how it is with the SB tweaks!
I think that Pinto beans would be a great choice !! Let us know !!!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #201  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

You go girl, you have got a plan already. Excellent plan to mash the beans and then add them back in, you are so smart. Oh and I am a little computer slow with the lingo, just figured out what SB was, at least I think, SouthBeach maybe........??? Rock it girl, anyway you like it, it'a all good!!!

Ok Oats, if I find one I will post it!!!! Sooo upsetting............my white chicken chili is gone ....booooohooooo....a thing of the past, from now on I will have to a double batch, or just stop letting folks know when I make it!!! LOL LOL LOL

I'mmmmm outta here,
later gators,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 10-13-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Ags - this is a great lasagna recipe

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...o-noodles.html
Old 10-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #203  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Thanks Carol,

I may just give that a whirl.

Oats,

Yeah babe, keep looking for me and see what you can come up with, as I was reading thru the one above, I don't like veggie burgers or tofu and to leave that out would probably make a big diffrence.

Thanks darlings for looking out for a sista.

Ags
Old 10-14-2009, 01:41 AM   #204  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I make a lower calorie lasagna!

I take whole wheat lasagna noodle and use ground Italian spiced turkey breast instead of ground beef or sausage. and I take skim ricotta cheese and mix in some herbs . and i use a lower calorie marinara sauce like eating right tomato basil pasta sauce only 45 cals per 1/2 cup .mix in extra veggies if I want like mushrooms onions bell peppers. you could put in what ever you like . get reduced fat motzarella cheese and layer noodles, ricotta, sauce, meat or veggies which ever you use then 1/4 cup of reduced fat cheese and keep layering bake at 400 for 20 mins just to melt the cheese!. tastes pretty good.!

oh and If I can't find the whole wheat lasagna noodles I will use whatever noodles i can find that it whole wheat even penne and I still "layer" it like lasagna it for me it comes out to be about 420 cals per big square of lasagna

Last edited by mariamherrera; 10-14-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:07 AM   #205  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Morning all! Or afternoon/evening depending on your timezone!

Ags, sounds like you are getting lots of cooking time in. We shall all be round at dinner time for tasting Glad to hear your pumpkin didnt go to waste!

Maria, glad you got home for a little pampering time. Always makes me feel better too.

dgramieyou have done really well! Dont let yourself forget that!

nooch how lovely to see you need the smaller sizes, makes the project quicker too. Ive bought some lovely wool to make the same lacey hat as you, just need to get round to doing it!

Oatmealglad you enjoyed watching a film with your hubby. Its always good to get some together time in!

LearnIm glad to hear your son did well in the maths class. It is a mums job to worry though. Im only at the start of that path but I can see Ill still be worrying even when he is all grown up!

CJWow! You are doing so well at the gym! Hows the new classes going? Ive seen it wont be long before you meet that 50lb mark!

It is a bit colder than usual here at the moment, daytime is about +3oc at the moment, so thats 37F! They have already started ski season in Lapland.

Well my positives:

*Yesterday I did well with my eating and though a little sore from the gym and tired I climbed on the exercise bike for 30 mins. Watched TV at the same time

*I hope to get to the gym today, if not Ill be back on the bike!

*I realised with my parents over, hubby and I can have a little babysitting allowance. Ive suggested to him that we can go to the gym together one night and go ten pin bowling another as its years since we've done that. Ive tried to come up with something that is just not going out to dinner though that is lovely as a treat.

and now Ive really got to get off my bum! Me and the little guy have been up nearly 3 hours and done nothing but have breakfast and a little play. Im not turning my nose up at it though as Jaakko has been very cuddly and loving this morning. I think I need a cup of tea before I start the jobs for today though
Old 10-14-2009, 05:22 AM   #206  

Good Morning !!!
I just have a few minutes I laid in bed when the alarm went off this morning !! This is my monday back to routine ...
My positive for today is that I ate well my days off and will be going to my WW meeting tonight .. I really love the group I am attending now !! there is about 30 of them and they are all sharing new ideas and recipes every week .. They are kind of like a little family .. Hope everyone has a good day !! Ags I will search more for that recipe .. Learn missed this morning girl ...

"Your thoughts become your choices, your choices become your habits, and your habits become your lifestyle. If you want to change your lifestyle, change your thoughts!"
Old 10-14-2009, 05:25 AM   #207  

Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,
Well here we are into the middle of the week already. My oh my, where is the time going? Thanksgiving and christmas are knocking at our front doors. Let's get down to some personals here.
Oat- Look at you, getting the DH lunches made ahead of time. I'm with you, I'm not too fond of peppers either, but they do smell good while cooking!

Ags- So how did the Pig Pinwheels come out? Don't worry I won't call you the Pig Pinwheel Monster, it just don't sound as cute as the White Chicken Chili Monster. And look at you, turning Cinderella's pumpkin into a beautiful horse drawn carriage or a beautiful roll anyway.

nooch- We all go straight to the largest size I think. It's just our minds reminding us of what use to be. Your really kickin' butt on your journey.

dgramie- Your right, you have been beating yourself up. Do you realize your averaging over 4.75 pounds a month? That is awesome. I'm so glad you gave yourself an attitude adjustment and are back with us here on the positive thread.

gothik- I'm thinking the same thing about putting that chicken chili on my list of things to make next week. It sounds delish. Way to go on figuring out how to adjust it to your SB plan. Let us know how it turns out.

maria- Awe, you poor baby, Ole TOM is giving you heck this week. I'm so sorry your feeling bad. I do hope that jetted tub makes you feel better. I use to have a hot tub and I miss it terribly.

Sara- Oh how lucky you are getting such nice cold weather. I think you should definitely take advantage of the free babysitter service and get some Hubby and You time for sure. Hope you soaked up all that cuddle time with Jaakko, you must grab all that when available.

As for me...
I had a good day yesterday, stayed on plan. Actually stayed a bit too low on my eating, but I just wasn't hungry. I've been fighting a flu bug or something and I think it may be winning. Sore throat, congestion, yucky stomach. Maybe I'll get lucky and lose a few pounds since the scale hasn't moved in weeks.
I had one of my just me days yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with myself, I'm so use to being around to care and wait on mom and with her in senior daycare all I did was laundry and soap operas. Oh well at least I didn't sit around and eat bon bon's all day like Peg Bundy.
I'm also planning ahead for thanksgiving dinner and this year believe it or not I'm cooking my turkey breast in the crook pot. I do my chicken that way all the time and found a yummy looking recipe for crock pot turkey breast and I've been looking for a reason to buy a new crock pot. So WHOOP, there it is! I found an 8 qt. monster crock pot I want, so now I have the reason, right!

Here is my positive quote for today...
"The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."
Well ladies that is it for me, I hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #208  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey ladies,
In your a quick drive-by.

Maria, now that sounds pretty darn good. I will try this maybe the weekend. Thanks and I do like wheat pasta. Thank you for your positive input.

Sara,
Oh no snow storm, that's okay cause winter is a coming. Wow, you and hubby may get out to play, play nice now. And it is okay for you and your little man to just chill. Great bonding tim, cause they sure do grow up so fast.

Oats,
happy you ate so well this week, that means the scale will be kind to you. My WI is tomorrow, start praying ladies. I love the quote you posted today, it is oh so true. Makes you think twice, and maybe even third and fourth.

Learn,
Now don't you go and get sick on us, we just got you back, so pull out the vitamin C, grapeseed, flax seed, zinc, and all that stuff, and get better now, That is an order, Missy.
Happy your me time went so well, now let's have a do over and get some more pampering in for yourself. I want a crock pot too, have never ever used one, but I have heard rave reviews. Wow. love your quote too!! I will be posting both of them on Facebook.

As for me, it was back to work today and so far so good. I will make sure I make good choices and so they become my habits, hence a wonderful lifestyle. See Oats, I read, I learn, and I do!!!!

Back at cha later pooky pies,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 10-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi chickie-doodles --

Ags - don’t you worry about me and the exercise classes. I know when to take it easy. I just also know that I feel so much better mentally when I’m exercising. It’s like I’m telling my body I’m not ready to fall apart yet. I just wish no one would pay attention to me not keeping up with the class. At some point I’ll do okay, and that will make it all worthwhile -- when I see my progress. Thank you for worrying, though. It makes me feel good.

I also was so amazed at what you did with the pumpkin smash. You must be such a good cook, so intuitive about what works and what doesn’t. I used to have a roommate like that in college, she could look in the bare cupboard and 45 minutes later out came a feast.

Katarina -- I read your post from 10/12 about coming across your “before” pictures and how it made you feel. You have come light years from that sad but lovely girl, both mentally and physically. Bless you and keep you.

Hi Learn -- I went to the water aerobics yesterday and it was great! Very much like back home, but some different things too. Also - I love the thought of a monster crock pot! Just waiting to cook up “somethin’ wunnerful!” Hope you fight that flu bug.

Oatmeal -- what was your bad experience at the YMCA?

Nooch -- a fabulous NSV that you automatically went to the largest pattern, and it was way too big. After reading on 3FC maintainers forum about how difficult it is to mentally truly realize the changes in our bodies, I think taking pictures every so often and comparing them helps our brain understand the changes in our body. That’s what I’m doing when I take my swimming suit pictures.

Dgramie -- 86 lbs is absolutely great! My doctor says the slower you lose it, the better. The more likely you are to keep it off and it doesn’t stress your body. Your attitude is so important. You have done such an outstanding job. Congrats!

Butterfly
-- your take on the white chicken chili sounds grand. Do you like SB?

gggirls -- I looked at that lasagna recipe and it looks right up my alley. I’m trying to avoid wheat products and I actually like eggplant.

Hi Sara -- I’m trying a different class every day at the Y. First day was that kick-your-butt combo strength-cardo. 2nd day was water aerobics. Today was yoga for older people. Tomorrow will probably be back to the water aerobics (to let my poor sore thighs recover from the first day).

Friday will be pilates I think. I love that all these classes are free! Next week I’m going to try the kick-butt one again (assuming I can walk okay, LOL). I’m also going to get that book on “the New Rules of Lifting for Women” and start my weight training again. I think joining this YMCA was a really good thing for me.

Sara - I love that you are planning some fun alone time with your hubby as a treat. That is so wonderful. You sound like a wonderful person.

My positive -- well tomorrow night I am going to do a sleep study. I have suspected for awhile I might have sleep apnea (that’s where you wake up a lot at night because you’re not breathing right. You might not even know you do because it's just for a short time, but it really disrupts your sleep).

They are going to hook me up to electrodes or something and see if I do. You have to sleep away from home in this hospital. It will be weird, that's for sure. I guess that’s a positive for tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #210  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey there hot chicks!

Ags: That pumpkin smash roll you made sounds wonderful! Way to go figuring out something to do with that. I agree with CJ, I love reading what new thing you have cooked & put your own spin on. I bow to you, oh master chefette! And what is this reduced fat pizza dough you speak of? Something I can buy and just roll out, or something you make from scratch?

gothik: Great job figuring out how to make that chili fit on your plan. The bean substitute sounds like it will work like a charm. Wow, I need to try that chicken chili. It sounds so good right now - its in the 40s and raining here!

Oatmeal: Your group sounds terrific. So important to have people around you for support - especially when it feels like a family.

gggirls: That lasagna recipe looks reeeeally yummy. The only lasagna I have been having these days is the Smart Ones Lasagna Florentine. It tastes pretty darn good for a frozen meal and only 290 cals, but sometimes ya just feel like making something yummy from scratch!

maria: That lasagna sounds great, too - love the way you put your own spin on it and I like the idea of the whole wheat noodles!

Sara: I have days like that, too! Just can't seem to get it going sometimes. Awesome that you and hubby get that important time to go out by yourselves

learn: I hope you feel better soon! A new crock pot - definitely cause for celebration. Sometimes I do not know what I would do without mine! If I get myself planning ahead, I use it 3 or so times a week. It's just so easy to toss something in and let it go all day. My trouble is, I think of what I want to make for dinner too late. I had to laugh at your Peg Bundy reference. I used to love watching that show!

CJ: You are kickin butt and takin names at the Y! I wish we had one around here. Sounds like you are getting after the exercise - please rub some of that off on me. Interesting about the sleep study. My brother did that, but I don't recall whether he really found anything out about how he is sleeping. It was quite some time ago. Let us know how it goes!

For me: As per usual, I am busy busy. My son joined cub scouts and it seems like one thing after another - but it is sooo good for him and he loves it, so I don't mind. This week I have to finish the kids Halloween costumes and this weekend we need to carve pumpkins & make cupcakes. His troop is having a costume & pumpkin carving contest/party on Monday night. So the first positive, is that today I finished the harder costume. We are going as favorite foods this year, so my son wanted to be a package of Oscar Mayer bologna. The easy one is my daughter's - she wants to be a slice of pepperoni pizza. That one is started, but needs to be finished. Then I need to do their treat bags - my son's will look like a slice of cheese, and my daughter's will look like a pizza box. Should be an interesting Halloween this year and at this rate, we will be trudging through snow to go trick or treating! Grrrr! We also had to go up to the school today so the kids could take their yearly test (ITBS) to see what their progress has been. So positive #2 is that they both completely kicked booty on it! As far as eating, I am on plan and have lost another pound, but for some reason I am feeling like I am still retaining some water. It is bugging me! But I will keep on.

Question for you: We usually carve our pumpkins during the week before Halloween. If we carve them this early, I am not sure how to preserve them well enough for Halloween night? Or, will we just have to scrap them and make new ones closer to Halloween? Any ideas?

Keep movin and shakin it!
Closed Thread