Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #91  

Today was a good exhaisting day had to be at work at 3 am this morning ... Glad the day is over ... Had to do inventory today was a good one numbers are looking good .. :-)

AG... I will post the Taco soup recipe today for ya girl would hate for you not to have some good hot soup if your cold !! :-)

Butterfly .. How nice to be choosen for the wedding party!! You go girl!! What color of a dress will you be wearing!!!

Nooch.... Cheers you have broken you plateau!!!! that is truly awesome

Hotwing.... Changing our self talking is a process for sure girl!! You will see how life changing Positive self talk is !!! I am blessed my grandma always said if you say a negative you MUST say 2 positives to cancel it !! That was my Grandma's way of teaching her 32 grandchildren .. I am a much better person because of her !!

Betty.... Congradulations on your 1.2 loss!!!! Thats is wonderful when your success shows up on the scales that is only one of the may ways our success will appear to you!!! I am happy for ya!!!!!!!

CJ.... Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! you made it safe , you lost 2 lbs!!! You are double blessed girl!!!!!

Learn.... Just wanted give you a shout .. Girl you are missed .. Counting the days till you return in the weeee hours of the day!!
Hope every thing is going smooth for ya!!

Nonabee... So how are the bottem teeth now that they been set free!!! Smile real big for us !!! :-) :-)

There never was a winner who wasn't a beginner.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #92  

Taco Soup Taco Soup - 3 Points
1 lb. lean hamburger meat
1 cup onion, chopped
3 16 oz cans chili or pinto beans (not drained)
1 can of whole kernel corn (not drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
1 can peppers (optional)
1 8 oz. Can tomato sauce
1 package Taco seasoning
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (do not mix the dressing use it dry)
1 1/2 cups water

Fry the hamburger and onion, drain off the excess grease. Combine all other ingredients, and add water to desired consistency, about 1 1/2 cups and simmer for 20 minutes. This recipe will freeze for three months. Makes 12 servings, 1 cup portions
Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #93  

Potato Corn Chowder
3 servings
5 POINTS per serving

Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min

2 t olive oil
1 c chopped onion (about 1 small)
1 c thinly sliced celery (2 med stalks)
4 c cubed or shredded potatoes (frozen works great)
3 c low fat or fat free milk
1 c corn
salt and pepper

1. Heat the oil in a 3 to 4 quart saucepan. Add the onion and celery and sauté over medium heat until the vegetables soften, 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the potatoes and milk. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Mash some of the potatoes in the pot with a potato masher to thicken the soup if desired. Add the corn. Cook until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Learn ... I cannot believe your sister didn’t pay that bill. I hope you will get connected-up soon. Coffee and 3FC ... sounds great! I always so look forward to your opening salvos on the positive thread!

Rena -- do cigarettes REALLY cost $10/pack??? Wow! I am lucky that I have never smoked, probably because both my parents did and I hated it. A big congrats on the weight loss!

HotWings -- I am going to try that butternut squash recipe. It sounds great! I have given up white potatoes totally and it would be nice to find a substitute. Did you know white potatoes raise your blood sugar faster than sugar does? How have you kicked things up a notch???? I haven’t gone back and read everything I missed on my trip yet. I did get the new Venuto book out of the box and will start reading it soon.

Hi Butterfly -- wow! Maid of Honor! That is so fabulous. And if you are a good planner, you deserve the “best friend of all time” award.

Nooch! You’re broken your plateau! Although I question how can you can say you've been on a plateau since you’ve lost 36 pounds since June? That’s a whole lotta weight in less than 4 months!

Oatmeal
-- I like your grandma’s 2-for-1 positive-for-negative rule. It’s great!

For me -- Spent all day reading a book sitting on my butt, but I will go for a walk today before dinner. Tomorrow I am going to look at the different YMCA’s and YWCA’s around here to see if I can find one with a good gym program.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #95  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello baby dolls,

What's going on???? From the sound of it lots of goodness going on!!!! ROCK IT LADIES, YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

Bettygirl, 1.2 pounds down, get it, get it, and get it some more. Great choice on giving up those ciggie's, you did not need them away. You deserve a great big WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!

Hottie, oh yeah will be trying that butternut squash, cause I love hash browns. LIke that hungrygirl.com, thanks for that info.

gothick, great positive, good friends are far and in between, the folks in your life are blessed to have you in theirs.

Nooch, yay!!!!!! You have kicked that blue funk in the sweet patootie!!!! You rock.

Oats, Good numbers at inventory time are always a plus, ugh job security. Yeah babe.!!! Thank you for posting the Taco sou recipe, sounds like a winner for this weekend. And ohyeah on the corn chowder. I love chowders.

CJ, take time and relax awhile and give yourself a chance to unwind. When you are ready, find a Y. Tell your other half hello from Virginia, a show nuff southern belle.

Today was a great day for me. I knocked it out of the ball park, productivity was off the charts. Guess I can keep my job for a little longer. LOL Guess I have still got it. OH yeah, and walking better too. Will be donating more food to the local food bank tomorrow at WI. and oh yeah, ordering my TRIKE THIS WEEKEND. Watch out cars cause here I come, ready or not!!!

Alright my lovelies,
Hugs, love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-30-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:28 AM   #96  

Good Morning Chickies ...
I only have a few minutes I have to leave for work .. Hope everyone has a Blessed day!! I will be back after work to see what yall are up to !!! Plow straight a head your going to make it !!!

“Laughter is a powerful way to tap positive emotions
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #97  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good morning!!

Just wanted to stop in, say hello and let you know I have officially started my weight loss journey today. I stepped on the scale for the first time and was pleasantly surprised to find out that I am 30 lbs less than I figured I was. YAY! No fat guilt wallowing today.. just determination!

have some hugs! Just cuz I'm feeling huggy today lol
Old 10-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #98  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Oatmeal - glad you had a good day at work! And THANK YOU for the recipes!

CJ - Don't you just love those reading-on-my-butt days! As far as my plateau, it was stagnant for about a month which isn't horrible but it had me in a tizzy. I also lost a bit of weight before I joined 3FC - I think I was 320ish when I joined here!

Ags - glad to hear you had a great day and especially that you are feeling good!

gothik - good for you! NO FAT GUILT EVER!

As for me, this is super top secret information (so duh, post it on the internet), but I am calling the MSW program I want to attend today to find out about some questions I have. We'll see... If this works out this will be the biggest positive of my life.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #99  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Heellllooooo Ladies!

Well I had a GREAT day yesterday!!! I actually went to a Body Pump class at the gym!!! Man am I sore today!!! THEN after that I took my pugs to the park for an hour walk!!! I was so happy I challenged myself to do it!!! Oh happy days lol.

Tonight, I'm gonna try the Zumba class. I'm terrible at coordination but after a few classes I should get the hang of it. Gotta start somewhere, right?

I'm off to work yet again. Have a great day chickies!!

Oh ya, CJ...the smokes that are $10 are mid price!!! The good ones are up to $14 a PACK!!! So I'm quitting tomorrow!!! I only have 2 smokes left and then thats it!!! *fingers crossed*
Old 10-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #100  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty grrl View Post
Heellllooooo Ladies!

Well I had a GREAT day yesterday!!! I actually went to a Body Pump class at the gym!!! Man am I sore today!!! THEN after that I took my pugs to the park for an hour walk!!! I was so happy I challenged myself to do it!!! Oh happy days lol.

Tonight, I'm gonna try the Zumba class. I'm terrible at coordination but after a few classes I should get the hang of it. Gotta start somewhere, right?

I'm off to work yet again. Have a great day chickies!!

Oh ya, CJ...the smokes that are $10 are mid price!!! The good ones are up to $14 a PACK!!! So I'm quitting tomorrow!!! I only have 2 smokes left and then thats it!!! *fingers crossed*
WOW... not nearly as expensive here. A carton of 10 packs in my brand is around $45. So.. about $4.50 per pack. It takes me almost 3 days to smoke a pack, though, so I'm not really a hard core smoker at this point. A carton lasts me about a month. Still would rather bank that $45 rather than spend it on smokes!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone --

Well, I finally unpacked most of my stuff (I am a horrible unpacker. At home I have been known to trip over my suitcase for 2 weeks before addressing it.)

It sure is a lot chillier up iin NY than it was in Florida. Of course, I knew it would be, but sometimes knowing and REALIZING are two different things. For example, I brought some SANDALS with me, why I don't know. I can tell I will live in socks for the rest of the year. I'll probably go buy another pair of "real" shoes with toes as the only ones I have are my sneakers and one pair or moccasins that have seen way better days.

My positive -- I have been exceptionally hungry the last 2 days (that's NOT the positive!), so my goal is just to stay below my 1550 calories. I've already plugged in my CalorieKing what I plan to eat for dinner and I'm good-to-go unless I have a snack later. Wish me luck!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #102  

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

Hope everyone had a blessed day .. My day was very busy and packed day so much to do and so little time .. I did see alot of progress before I left work .. :-)

AG.... you said you were ordering a Trike is that a motorized one or a bicycle ? Would love to have a motorcyle trike.... Donating food to the food bank is such a good thing !!

Butterfly .. What a nice surprise to be 30 lbs less .. :-) That sure is a great positive girl!!

Betty .... good for you that you went to a Body Pump class ... :-) There is always something new to try !!

Hi Hotwings ...hope you had a great day .. :-)

Hey Nooch.... I am sure hoping you had a great day . That you dont have to look very hard to find so many positives in your life.. :-)

CJ.... Did you finish reading your book ... Everyone needs some quiet time and reading is a good way to spend some quiet time .. :-)

AG..... What are you cooking this weekend gf ????? I have a scratch cake ( Chocolate ) in the oven hubby will take it to work tomorrow ..

Learn.. You have not been forgotten girl!! We a re all waitting for your return . Hope you are having a great week ...

My Positive for today is .... That I can bake a cake and not have to taste the batter ... What a feeling of freedom!!!! :-) Its so nice to be incontrol and not to be controled by food.....

Storms are headed our way this evening .. Hope everyone has sweet dreams and dont forget tomorrow is a new day a new begining so look forward to it !!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #103  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good evening all,

Gald to see everyone charging forward and taking life by the horns!!!

Gothk, what a wonderful start and the determination is such a positive thing. No fat wallowing today is right.

Nooch, go for it kiddo, if that is what you want, do it!..Now what is MSW??? You know I can be sloooooow?

Rena, what is body pump? I know Zumba, my daughter loves it. Work it girl, you are doing your thang!!

CJ, you are doing well, CalorieKing really keeps you on track. Now put on your socks and cuddle up and finish that good book.

Oats, I need your positive to be my positive. Oh what a freedom that would be for me. I do not want to be controlled by food, but sometimes I do slip. Oats, stay safe and away from the storms, but if they manage to come near, God has got your back.

today was good. I am up .6ozs, and I am okay with that. I had not had my medicine today before WI and it always affects my weight. There is always tomorrow. Thank God for second and third chances.

Oats, this weekend I will be making WW Gumbo and it is really good. I have made it several times and it always gets rave reviews. May slip in that taco soup as well. Sat. I will be preparing my breakfast burritos for the week, this time with turkey pepperoni for the meat.

Learn, sending you love and hugs and great big smiles from me to you.

Later gators,
hugs love and blessings,
AGs
Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #104  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening chickies,

Ags, Body Pump is like weight training. Its insane the amount of leg work they do...squats and lunges eeeek!!!!

Tonight I did the Zumba class!!! I was laughing just about the whole way through!!! It was hilarious!!!! I'm gonna try Zumba again on Saturday! As for Body Pump thats tomorrow. My body is still sore from yesterday...BUT I feel amazing!!! I'm only 3.6 (I think) away from my 10% goal!!! I'm so excited!!! I'm guessing it will happen in the next couple of weeks!!!!

I'm soooo tired, its off to beddy byes for me. Good night you sweet thangs!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #105  

Default Helloooooo!

Hello my wonderful friends,
I have some good news...
I talked to really nice man at Verizon today and I explained the whole situation with my internet being shut down and why and since it was not in my name I will be able to get internet service without having a home phone hooked up. I never used the home phone, I always used my cell phone.
O.K. now as you all know with the good news there is usually some bad, I won't be hooked up until 10/13. Which is a lot better than 3 to 4 months if my sister had any say in the matter.
Once it is hooked up I will have to catch up on all the hoopla around here at 3FC. I don't have but 30 minutes on the library computer. So bare with me my little chick-a-dees, this too shall pass. I can't wait for things to get back to normal.
All is well here and I am still staying OP. We had a few cool mornings here and I managed to get a little walking done.
I hope all is well and please know I miss you all terribly. I'll be back either tomorrow or tuesday, the library is closed on sundays and mondays.

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn
Closed Thread