Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #211  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I confess:

That while reading this thread...I've laughed...I've cried (inside)...and most of all...I just wanna give all of you here a great big ol
Old 03-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Great thread!

I confess that I find myself judging other people who aren't trying to lose weight, or people at the gym barely working out (when I know in my heart of hearts there are reasons).

I confess that I'm very disappointed that so few people have noticed my weight loss.

I confess that I eat too few calories a couple of days before weigh in if it looks like I'm not going to meet goal.

I confess that I fear going out to eat with family and friends because I won't know *exactly* how many calories I've consumed.

Last edited by Silverstar33; 03-06-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #213  

Location: Near the OK/TX line- I travel between two different homes.

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

More confessions:

I am secretly thrilled that my best friend has lost less weight and started before I did and since he is a guy that really gives me a boost.

I am glad that my parents have decided to get on board with losing weight though neither of them on as strict of a plan. It bugs me that my mom is size smaller than me and I keep hoping that I'll drop another size soon so we will be the same size.

I find it easy to be strong and say no to foods that will mess up my points for the day when I am around other people but when I am alone it is a huge struggle and I don't always win.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

I confess that I don't like this thread. Reading about women hating their thin friends and hoping thin people gain weight and all this catty stuff makes me feel distant from this forum and makes me feel uncomfortable around women that are bigger than me. I feel like they want me to fail. I feel that as women we should raise each other up, I feel that as people struggling with weight we should be supportive, not hateful because WE are unhappy with ourselves. The thin friend didn't force feed us bad food, it's not the thin person's fault we're not happy with ourselves.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

I want to lose weight because my boyfriend is shorter than me and I feel like our height difference would be more forgivable if I was thin
I want to lose weight so I can feel like I'm more attractive than any of his exes..

Last edited by summerlove; 03-10-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinasGoal View Post
I confess that I don't like this thread. Reading about women hating their thin friends and hoping thin people gain weight and all this catty stuff makes me feel distant from this forum and makes me feel uncomfortable around women that are bigger than me. I feel like they want me to fail. I feel that as women we should raise each other up, I feel that as people struggling with weight we should be supportive, not hateful because WE are unhappy with ourselves. The thin friend didn't force feed us bad food, it's not the thin person's fault we're not happy with ourselves.
To be fair, I said in the original post that this thread was NO JUDGMENT, meaning that people could come in here and say those things they feel bad about feeling w/o being judged for it. I personally think it IS supportive for us to see that we're not the only ones who have those thoughts from time to time. Does it make them right??? No. And nobody ever said it did. But this is a confession thread and it's so we can get out those little things that we sometimes think and feel bad about.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 187/183/143

Height: 162

I confess that I was 81 Kgs when I started my weight loss journey 3 years back and now with numerous starts and restarts am 87kgs!!!

Last edited by fatmommy; 03-10-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #218  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

I confess that I will not allow snacks to "live" in my house. Even if its a healthy one, it can't stay here. They all have a nice home in the trunk of my car. I never used to be like this. I could have a pantry full of snacks and not feel tempted but as my weight got lower... No dice!

I also confess that if there is something (healthy or not) that I feel that I am getting carried away with (like peanut butter, almond butter) I will open the jar, spray it with cleaning spray and then throw it away. Why cleaning spray? So there is no way I will go in the trash to retrieve it. LOL!

Yea.. I'm sick... but dedicated to my goal.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 173/170/125

Height: 5'5

HI Everyone,
I confess:
- My health is suffering from my weight, because I have let it go for so long. ( high blood pressure)
- Sometimes I look at myself and really think that I am much to fat to leave my house.
- I HATE my stomach. I have three kids and one was c-section, my stomach looks like a giant raisin. It will only get worse the smaller I get.
- I am terrified of what my boobs will look like after the weight is off. I am afraid that one of my best features is going to be ruined lol.
- I worry that doing this 2nd diet in front of my kids is going to scar them for life. ( my mom was a chronic crash dieter).
- I secretly wish I would get the worlds worst stomach flu and drop ten lbs in a week lol!
- I have trouble celebrating my little goals. Last year when I went from 184 down to 150 in 6 weeks, I kept telling myself I was fat the whole way and not believing the compliments I was receiving. It wasnt till I went to high 140s that I let myself " be happy" about the loss. ( then I went right back to gaining
- I am afraid that I will just gain the weight back, because the emotional reasons i started gaining are still effecting me.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #220  
is determined!

S/C/G: 208/194.5/130

I am terrified that I will never have a healthy relationship with food and my body. I was skinny, effortlessly so and I hated myself then, too. I think secretly I sabotage myself and don't commit because I don't think being thin again will change a thing. I will still hate my body even though I know, logically, it -- when not cloaked in 70 extra lbs of fat -- is a beautiful thing.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #221  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

I have never tried to lose weight before, probably because I was afraid of failing.
I'm afraid I'll fail now. Or worse, succeed and the regain, plus.
I'm obsessed with weight loss now that I've decided to do it. (like in an all-consuming OCD way)
I've avoided doctors for the past few years - partly because I onew they would tell me to lose weight and I wasnt ready.
I may be the most stubborn person I know. That was bad when I was resisting weight loss but I'm secretly counting on it now that I want to.
I am afraid to let people know I am trying to lose weight. I think there are many reasons, but one of them is that when other people try and do lose weight I've noticed they can't shut up about it and act so holier than thou and it is really annoying - I don't want to be "that" person. Plus think I secretly want people think it is easy/no big deal for me. Ha!
I am afraid that right now I see returning a healthy weight as a "cure all" for everything that is out of control in my life. Like once I beat this all my other anxiety issues will be a piece of cake. Even though I know better.

Ive got plenty more, but that feels like a good start for now.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

I confess that although I have the funds and the space for a home gym, I am embarrassed to go try out the machines in the store.

I'm worried that losing weight will make me look old.

I don't have any idea how to handle attention from men - losing the armor is terrifying.

I avoid taking trips to visit my sister by myself because I can't fit comfortably in an airplane seat. Last time I suffered the entire 5-hour flight home because I was too proud to ask for a belt extender. I will fly with my 7 year old because I can put the armrest up to have more room. I pick flights based on which aircraft is flying - some models have wider seats than others.

Everyone at work has been losing weight and I don't want to be the last fat one left.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

I confess that I am still, for some reason, self-conscious when exercising in front of others b/c I always wonder if they're thinking "who does that fat girl think she's kidding???"

I confess that I tried C25K and did well until it got to where I was running around other people. Anytime someone else could see me, I wussed out and quit.

I confess that I am the happiest w/ my appearance that I have ever been but still can't wait until I get further along in my goal.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 262.5/249/135

Height: 5'4

-I confess that I give my husband bigger portions and add fat (like cheese and sour cream) to his meals because he's went from 180 to 150 mooching off of my Weight Watcher's diet. Now people tell him he is too skinny! Meanwhile I'm still struggling!!

-One day I want to weigh less than my husband.

-I see a lot of Before/After pictures where I think "man, she was prettier when she was fat."

-I'm super scared of my kids being fat. I didn't let them eat any sugar, fried foods, fast food, junk food, even juice, until they were over 2 years old, and look/ed down on parents who do. (Sidenote, a friend posted on FB wanting recommendations for sippy cups that don't leak. A mutual friend recommended one brand that "has never leaked on me except when it had carbonated beverages", UH, WHY ARE YOU GIVING A KID WHO STILL USES A SIPPY CUP SODA?? My sons are almost 4 and have maybe had a combined 32 oz of soda in their life (all thanks to gma and gpa). (Oh, and my BIL and SIL's 6 month old weighs 23 lbs...more than my boys at almost 2 years old...and they feed her girl scout cookies!!) Makes me so mad!!!

-I worry that my one son loves chips and chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni,, candy, etc. (His twin brother loves fruits and veggies. They are both the exact same size.) I feel like a failure because he likes those things, and worry he'll get my metabolism (instead of his father's who has never had weight issues, yet lived on meat and potatoes and fast food growing up).

-I'm worried that my obsession with the boys' being a healthy weight will lead to an eating disorder when they are older. (yes, guys have them too).

Last edited by amkenkent; 03-29-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #225  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Need to confess!!!

- I sabotage myself because I'm afraid I won't succeed at weight loss even through I really really tried.

- Am afraid of actually really really trying.

- I've been stuck at this weight for 9 months now The only thing I've lost lately is my motivation.

- I am really, really PO'd that I can't run faster then 5k (3 miles) in 45-50 minutes.

- Everything I've read says you can either train to run faster or run further, but not both at the same time but I'm trying to.

- I compare myself to everyone elses height & weight

- I've been thinking lately that I'll probably never get to 130, partially because of my build (very broad) and I'm thinking about changing my goal weight but wondering if it's a cop-out.

- The last time I was 130 or less I didn't eat much at all.

- I don't think I'll ever be happy with my weight or my body.

- I have tried to make myself throw up after eating and probably the only reason I think I can't is because I really hate throwing up.

- I'm not really looking forward to maintaining... I see it as a life of deprevation and it doesn't appeal to me.

- Lately I've been wondering if it's worth it.

- I'm really looking for support but I know I'm in the wrong thread for that. Everyone is here to get stuff off their chest, so to speak.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 03-29-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Closed Thread