Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #106  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

So, I took Robby to the neurologist yesterday. I love this guy, he's soo thorough!! Background: He's 2.5 y/o, did everything pretty much on target the first year. By two, he was only saying mama, dada, sucky (paci), puppy, and a couple other everyday things. He is my baby, and I figured part of it was me babying him.

I contacted Early Intervention in March (he turned 2 in Jan). In May they came and evaluated him and qualified him for services. He had a speech therapist and a teacher go to his daycare and work with him once a week each. He did not click with the ST becuase she just wasn't a "kid" person. He's doing great with the teacher.

The Neurologist evaluated him yesterday and said there's no way he could ever say he was autistic, not even a little, because he has great eye contact. He said that the only thing he could come up with is that it's a severe language delay. But a rare one, because he has the words, and quite a few phrases, he just isn't good at expressing himself. Basically he's stubborn. When the dr. asked him to point out the duck, or whatever in a pic, he just sat there and said "There". He was looking at the duck, just didn't want to point to it. Little stinker. I told the doctor, he knows every single thing you asked him, he just doesn't want to point! He could tell. He said he's got quite a personality and he's a piece of work. He must tell all the kids that, because he said the same thing to Peter. Either that or I've just been blessed with 2 wacky kids!

He wants to see us back in 6 months, and said he'd like to see him in a developmental preschool program come January when he turns 3. So in the meantime, I called EI and left a message for our coordinator telling her we need to get a different speech therapist in to work with him a couple times a week, someone that clicks with him, like the teacher.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #107  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--Kaylee has been diagnosed with expressive language delay but her receptive language ability is normal..She is just now starting to talk..I have to say "Use your words" and with some difficulty I can understand her..others have problems--DH sometimes doesnt have patience..The new ST is awesome..We are doing sour spray on a stick--it makes her move her tongue around and around her mouth to make her understand that it can..She has tongue weakness--oral weakness but no feeding/swallowing issues...Socially, she is a jewel..My mother says she feels better around K with language problems then her "smart" other grand daughters that are snobby little bi$ches that can't even say hello in public cuz "mommy says I only have to talk to whomever I want to"
Other things--use party blowers, harmonica, little horns of all shapes(from party stores) and it teaches mouth placement for consanents, etc..each horn has a different mouth shape--they just cant bite it---We have learned alot in just the 3 weeks of class..
With EI--they do group speech--it was a disaster cuz there was an autistic child,and a Fragile X child that scared her because they screeched the entire time and ran around the room..She gets that aggressive behavior with her sister and didnt need it on her spare time..
We all really should talk on the phone in a group discussion!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #108  
aka Anne Marie

S/C/G: 232/222/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I saw the thread about kids, and had to jump in. My DD turned 5 in May and is going to be starting Kindergarten this fall! I can't believe that's already almost here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ktbooweb.jpg (94.6 KB, 7 views)
principessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Anne Marie ~ she's beautiful. What pretty hair!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #110  
LBH

Ann Marie! She's gorgeous!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:26 PM   #111  
aka Anne Marie

S/C/G: 232/222/145

Thanks IrishJoan and Lauren!
principessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #112  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

I have 2 beautiful daughters, who are shown in my avatar. Haiven is 6 & started kindergarten this year. Raelin is 2 & my spitfire. Love them both so much & if we could afford it I would have another one! lol
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:43 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi, I have two mine and two hubby's: 11, 9, 3, 2 = chaos at home but I am in love with my smallest baby. I cannot live without him! (although he is typical two-year-old, getting into everything and his favorite word is "noooo")
Sometimes I wish they would all grow up and move out...sometimes I wish they would just skip teenage years...and sometimes I wish they would always stay babies.
This sounds as if I have ADD myself! LOL

Greetings everyone!
imagda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #114  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Well, hello again!! I just read through this whole thread!! I thought I would give an update on my 3.

Samantha got braces in August. She has a herbst appliance in her mouth too, to move her jaw forward. She is a true metal mouth! She just started 5th grade and it loving it, and doing very well. She's awesome in so many ways!!! She's a tomboy- loves sports! She is just finishing cheerleading and starting basketball. She also does softball and wrestling, and wants to play lacrosse. She's LOVES to read and plays the sax too.

Will got glasses in May, and has had braces for almost a year now. In the spring he was also diagnosed with ADD and is now on Focalin, although he fights me everyday and doesn't want to take it. I don't usually give it to him on the weekends but then I pay because he's just awful. He is classic "middle child"...cries constantly, has horrible social skills, lies, etc. We are looking into bringing him to a counselor. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with him. He is 8 years old and in 3rd grade, where he is actually doing pretty well. He plays tae kwon do, bowling, and is starting basketball too.

Colby is in 1st grade. He doesn't like "group sports" but begged us to play basketball, so we will have 3 in basketball!! He also does tae kwon do with Will. He's a cutie, my little sweetheart. But, oh!! He is something lately... his temper is out of control. He actually told me the other day that I should have knife in my throat...where is that coming from???? So odd really. Same day he told us a girl on his bus is "hot"...oh boy!!!!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 230/228/150

i have three girls. 9, 14, and 18. my 18 year old is expecting in april and i am sooooo not old enough to be a grandma
1970baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #116  
LBH

Just thought I'd post a little update...

I took the boys to the dentist Monday - it was the first time for both of them!! Peter did awesome, as I expected he would. He was completely facinated with the whole experience. Robby flipped out, as I expected he would! Actually, he was better than I thought he'd be, but I still had to hold him and lay his head in the hygenist's lap to get the job done.

They both have good, strong teeth, aligned acceptable, etc. She did flouride treatments on both of them, which surprised me, but not with the trays, she just used their new toothbrushes and brushed the flouride on, while using the sucker-outer-thingy. They got stickers and their pics taken with a polaroid. I have to figure out how to scan them, so I can post them.

In other news, on Friday, 12/14, I have to go to the school for the eligibility meeting for both boys. I'm pretty sure Robby's a shoe-in, but I'm doubting that Peter will be accepted....he's soo friggin' smart, they'd have to admit him on behavior alone. We'll see...
Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Lauren ~ just wanted to wish you luck with the meeting on Friday. Keep us posted as to how everything turns out. Will Peter start Kindergarten next fall? He'll turn 5 in January or February??? My youngest DD will turn 5 on January 11th.

Also, glad to hear the dentist experience was a positive one. I took Liam to our dentist when he was 5 and it was a horrible experience! He was diagnosed with Aspergers until he was 6 so we didn't know what was going on with him. The dentist had zero patience and I felt embarrassed about the whole thing. I never took him back there. I don't even go him any more, I switched dentists for myself after that. Our pediatrician suggested that we start taking Liam to a pediatric dentist. I love this place that I now take all three kids there. They look *so* forward to going to the dentist. This place is so cool and the staff are great ~ I wish I could go there LOL!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #118  
LBH

Joan, yup, Peter will be 5 on 1/23 and will start K in September. Robby will be 3 on 1/13!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 218/183/160

I have a 14 year old daughter, that takes all my clothes & cute boots and a 10 year old mommy's boy. I know, I know, his future wife will hate me.
tamely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #120  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I have two children Daughter 17 going on 90 and son 20 going on 15 ( he has adhd, asberger, tourets, and a few other things. Don't we just love docs who give us meds to keep us out of labor but have no idea what they are going to do to our baby's. Thank heavens they no longer give those drugs to woman in labor.

The other day I over heard my daughter plotting with the dog and cat my sons murder ( I can't swear to it because I didn't over hear but I think she has the rabbit, the fish and the hamsters in on it to ). WHAT, all he did was tie her bra to the cars back bumper right before she went to work. She called home and told me she had honks and hoots and people laughing at her all the way to work. She didn't know why until she got out of the car and went into work. One of the woman she works with came in behind her and told her about the bra.

I think. God made baby's warm and sweet and wonderful so we will take care of them. He made toddlers full of laughter and wonder so we don't go nuts looking after them. He made grade school and jr high kids the way he did so we see the world with new eyes and ears. He made teenagers the way they are so when they decide to leave home we are glad they are going lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-14-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote