Old 06-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

lol ....see thats were abigail get everyone really it is the other way around abigail has been the hardest one yet. but she is the baby and the last. they sure do keep me on my going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Miller, your girls are beautiful!! Madeline (in tree?) looks like she could cause some trouble! And Abigail just looks all cute & innocent.
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 190/185/140

Height: 5' 5"

New here...got three little monkeys that keep me hopping though!

Lauren - 12 1/2 going on 20
Colin - 8 1/2
Jonathan - 4 1/2

They keep me WAY busy with activities, etc...but I wouldn't have it any other way!
ScrappingMommyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

OM Goodness.

I have one son age 7, 8 in august..... WHINNY

im bored!, i dont want to!...

GOD HELP ME!

Last edited by lendingheart; 06-20-2007 at 04:22 PM.
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #94  

I only have 1 child (unless you count the furball cat). Savannah will be 5 in August. She's a spitfire!

Playing vet at the Children's Museum in Cincinnati:

Pretending she is "Sweet"

leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #95  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Leigh, she's beautiful! Yes, I think I see a gleam of evil in that sweet expression!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #96  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Leigh: Oh surely not!! There can't be a speck of mischief in that child!! She's beautiful.

My boy is learning to read!! We have the Bob books and he read three of them to me the other night. I was so impressed. I've been trying to hold him back because I don't want him to be bored in kindegarten, but he is begging to read.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #97  

Over the weekend I stepped on the scale while she was in the bathroom. I rarely weigh myself at home but it was funny because she starts giggling hysterically. I looked at her and she goes "GEE whiz mommy. Your scale moved a LOT!!!" I couldn't help but laugh.
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:06 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

My Favorite Subject
My husband and I were married 9 years when I found out I was pregnant. We tried and tried for 8 years and no baby. We had every test imaginable and they could find nothing wrong with either of us. We gave up and started looking at adoption and Invetro . Our Pastor was preaching a series on miracles and the last service he asked if there was anyone who believed in miracles and wanted to specifically ask God for something. I didn't move and as several folks went down to pray I still waited. They were about to begin praying, at the last second I slipped out and went down and asked for a child. Well the rest is history I found out about 4 weeks later that I was expecting. Woo Hoo!!
He is 4 years old now and so incredibly smart and as spoiled rotten as you can imagine I will never foget that day.

Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #99  
LBH

Tiffanie, what a great story!

Leigh, LOL!! Hopefully in the right direction, right?!
Old 07-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Tiffanie ~ I'm so happy for you. I always love hearing stories like that as I just can't imagine not being able to have children. Would you like to have more?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #101  
LBH

I took Peter to see a new Neuologist yesterday. The other one didn't take our new insurance (Aetna), so we had to switch. What a blessing!! This guy was awesome!

The office is actually at the hospital, which kind of sucks, because you have to either pay to park, or find street parking, which sucks. He was really nice though. He chatted with Peter a bit, then asked me his history. He gave Peter a tennis ball to play with in the meantime. The appt. was at 11:30, so Peter hadn't had his 2nd dose of meds yet...usually gets them at 12:30.

He asked Peter to write his name, which he did well, even though he didn't hold the pen correctly.

Then he asked him to draw a boy. Probably figuring he'd draw a stick figure, or something like that. Peter started working on his boy...we're all watching (doc, me & student). Finally doc asks him if he's drawing a boy. Peter says, "Yes, this is his hand!" I'm sitting behind him with tears rolling down my cheeks hysterical. Doc says, "Oh, that's a lot of fingers he's got". Peter says, "Yeah, and here's his arm", as he draws a line up. So the doc says OK, and that's done.

Doc says to me, OK, so he doesn't have a problem with attention. Uh, yeah, that's what I told him. He says he'll brb. Comes back with some papers. They have pics of shapes and line formations on them. Peter has to copy them, and does. Doc was impressed how he took the time to draw each one as well as he could to match.

Then he says it's time for an activity break. He opens the door and throws the tennis ball down the hall and tells Peter to fetch it. Of course Peter was like an over active Lab chasing it down the hall. Doc was checking balance/coordination, I guess.

Back in the room, Peter & I play catch with the ball while doc & student go get more tests. This time it's a flip book with 4 pics on each page. The student says "tell me which is dancing", etc. for each page. Doc flips pages, Peter gets them all right. About 6-7 pages into it, Peter annouces, "I'm just too tired", and falls backwards onto the sofa and starts snoring!! Doc sharply tells him to get up. He does, but won't answer him, "I just don't want to tell you". Um, OK, ODD boy... Finally Doc says, OK, real fast, Student talks fast, Doc flips pages fast, and Peter answers the rest of them fast.

Then Doc wants Peter to follow the flashlight with his eyes...Peter is being silly and follows with his head. So doc gives him the flashlight and tells him to shine it on the red dot on the wall. He turns the office lights off. Peter's still being silly, shining it in his eye and saying "I'm going to burn my eye". Meanwhile, Doc is looking at Peter from a side view through one of his little instruments. Doc tells Peter he's a real piece of work!!

So doc says we have a very, very bright child, he's just Hyper!! No, really?? He was very impressed with how bright he was, which made me feel good, because I didn't realize how bright he was since he doesn't offer anything, or do things on demand at home.

He suggested we try Daytrana. It's 10mg. of methylphenidate, the same med he's on now. His current dosage is 5mg 2x a day, but we have been giving him 2.5mg 2x a day. Sometimes on the weekend we give him the 5mg in the AM, and 2.5mg in the afternoon. So he'll really be at a higher dose, but I am hoping the patch works out OK.

Peter told the Doc that the pills were awesome, but he's OK with a patch too.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #102  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Wow Lauren. It really sounds like the doctor did an awesome examination. How wonderful it must have been to hear that your boy is bright! It always gives me a thrill to hear that about Alex.

I hope the new med works well for him.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 AM   #103  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--Hope it works!! Sounds like the MD was really good...
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #104  
LBH

Cute pics Katrina!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #105  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:26 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote