Old 10-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #1051  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'6"

First name (if you want to tell): Erin

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Happily married

Children/Ages: Logan, 2

Pets: one kitty

Hobbies/Interests: Playing with my kid, reading, playing rock band with my hubby

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: again... officially September 16, 2008

Starting Weight: 174

Present Weight: 164

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating crap(fast food) and controlling portion size

Following any specific plan: Strollercize type program

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

I'm in a class now and the instructor is extremly motivating. She makes me want to do my best.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love my family, they are my entire life.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #1052  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

First name (if you want to tell): Maaike

Geographical location: Netherlands

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: student (medicines, I'm in my 4th year so I'm doing internships)

Pets: None (though I'd love to have a cat, but I have no space / time for it)

Hobbies/Interests: reading, listening to music, social occasions, cooking, food, anything medical

Height: 5'6''

Eye/Hair Color: brown-green/brown-red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I believe the last week of August.

Starting Weight: 167

Present Weight: 156

Goal Weight: 143 (but if I see my body before that and I'm happy... I might stop.)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: When I'm doing social stuff with friends, there is always much food, chocolate, crisps, all kinds of treats. It's hard for me to moderate what I eat on those occasions. My dietist has given me some strategies... but it's not going very well yet. I think it will stay a weak point and that I'll have to compensate for it by excercising more.

Following any specific plan: 1 x bread plus yoghurt plus fruit in the morning. 4 x bread plus lots of water plus possibly fruit for lunch. A lean evening meal with 1/2 vegetables, 1/4 grain product, 1/4 lean meat and some yoghurt after. Between meals I can eat fruit and drink tea and coffee and stuff, and one small snack a day. This allows me to have some leniency at social occasions about once a week. Also, I try to swim or run every day (and when it's not possible I try to do something else, cycling). Oh, and I use stairs instead of elevators.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have never tried this seriously before. It was always like "um well I'd like to be some lighter" and I didn't have a good plan, so I stopped it after two weeks of not really adhering to it. Also, I always had boyfriends that thought it was stupid that I didn't want to have their crisps and cola any more. (This is one of the most important reasons I gained weight in the first place.) Being single definitely makes dieting easier for me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope you don't think I'm exaggerating for joining this forum for such a "small" weight loss (compared to some other people). I could really use some more support. Some people around me don't really understand, or they are overweight themselves which makes it hard to talk about. I tend to slack off after adhering very good for some time, which is the case now. At that point I have to do something extra to keep myself interested, and this is why I decided to join a weight loss community.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #1053  

S/C/G: 203/189/155

Height: 5'7"

First name (if you want to tell): Nichole

Geographical location: Missouri

Marital Status: serious relationship

Children/Ages: Hailey/almost 3

Pets: 2 dogs Fluffy and Digger, kitten Stomper

Hobbies/Interests: Playing with my daughter, reading, watching tv

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde (or whatever it happens to be at the time, I was a hiar dresser so I change it a lot.)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Which time? The last time I had success I started last October and went from 203 to 184. I have gaing back 3lbs since.

Starting Weight: 203

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating crap(fast food) and controlling portion size, I keep eating when it tastes good. Cooking healthy for a picky family. I don't exercise, need to find a program that fits me. The last time I lost weight I used weight watchers.

Following any specific plan: Starting weight watchers again.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know that I need to get this weight off to be healthy. I also want to be able to go shopping and like what I see. I am tired of being overweight!!! I was diabetic while I was pregnant and according to the doc if I stay on the same track then in about 6 years I will more than likely develope type 2.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Since I am new here, I don't really know how things work. I need support and that is why I am here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to make some life long friends.__________________
Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 AM   #1054  

S/C/G: 112/104/55

Height: 5'4

First name (if you want to tell): akanksha

Geographical location: New Delhi,India(i am probably the only indian here)

Marital Status:seprated

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: reading, Hanging out with Friends, Road Trips and Watching TV

Height: 5'4''

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, Black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time october 13, 2008

Starting Weight: 104 kgs

Present Weight: 104 kgs

Goal Weight: 60 kgs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i get demotivated after a few days,and cannot follow a routine

Following any specific plan:nah,just controlled calorie and Jm 30 day shred for now

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have huge motivation,i want to lose weight before my final divorce court date

Last edited by loose2gain; 10-14-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #1055  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

First name (if you want to tell): Angel

Geographical location: Maine

Marital Status: Taken but not married!

Children/Ages: 1 boy, 2 yrs old

Pets: 1 dog, Red Nosed Pitbull, Kitana

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with family, reading, going shopping, cooking, traveling.

Height: 5'2'

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time September 1st 2008

Starting Weight: 229lbs

Present Weight: 220lbs

Goal Weight: 155lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing motivation too soon and getting discouraged with slow weight loss!

Following any specific plan:Calorie Counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I am really DONE with being fat. Also I had GD while pregnant and my OB told me I am more likely to get it later in life.

Last edited by AngelMae; 10-14-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:58 AM   #1056  

S/C/G: 205/203/154

Height: 5,9

First name (if you want to tell): Camilla

Geographical location: Reading,UK

Marital Status: live in sin with BF

Occupation:Health care assistant,going to start nursing degree next year

Pets: not allowed in place we live,but would love to have a dog again

Hobbies/Interests: music, going to music festivals and clubs, reading, shopping, being outdoors, going out with friends,yoga and some gym classes

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown,Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This current journey?? October 10th '08

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 203

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My BF is great at cooking and is lucky to eat anything insight without any weight gain. Trying to fit more exercise in.

Following any specific plan: Health eating(following the Jillian Micheals way) and exercise!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm being more serious,think of going on a massive beach holiday next year and want to look good.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think of something later to say

Hope to chat to you all soon
Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #1057  
trying to find my way

S/C/G: 215/210/155

Height: 5'4"

First name: Anna

Geographical location: Arkansas

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 3 children, 12, 9, 5

Pets: i have 3 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: shopping/ i love rock music & I'm a concert junkie!

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/11/08

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 211

Goal Weight: 155 to start, from there I'd love to be 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: FOOD! I love junk food, fast food, and sugar filled desserts!

Following any specific plan: I'm trying Atkins, really missing my carbs!!!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never really wanted it. I'd try for 2 days here, 3 days there, but always said "forget it, i'm eating what i want." But my 29th birthday made me think, and working at my c-store with all the typical deep fried, greasy foods (burritos, crispitos, corn dogs, etc) and looking at the people buying these foods on a daily basis opened my eyes ...... I want to be healthy!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #1058  

S/C/G: 216/213/140

Height: 5"6

First name: Jyenna

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Divorcing

Children/Ages: 1 child, 2 years old

Pets: I have 2 dogs and 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: I love reading, driving up to the mountains and sleeping, which I never get anymore and Hugging my son.

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/8/08

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 188

Goal Weight: 150, I would live to be in the 130's

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying away from Mexican Food and people that want to feed you all the time.

Following any specific plan: MRC

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never tried anything in the past and then when I got pregnant I went into the 200's and after I had my son I did not lose any weight and I was tired all the time and now that he his 2 years old and has so much energy and I could not keep up with him I knew that I had to change. He is my inspiration and he is what keeps me focused everyday.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #1059  

S/C/G: 190/181/160

Height: 5 ft 7 in

First name (if you want to tell): Fallon

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: married 5 1/2 years

Children/Ages: Blake 5 , Alyssa 4 , Logan 1 1/2

Pets: A border Collie named Katie ,a pembroke welsh corgi named Dahlia , & a cat named Molly

Hobbies/Interests: fishing , camping anything outdoors

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: just restarted for about the hundreth time today 10/16/08

Starting Weight: 192

Present Weight: 192

130-150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: To stop eating when I get stressed and to make time for exercise
Following any specific plan: no

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to be a good example for my kids sitting on the couch and eating junk isnt doing that.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #1060  

S/C/G: 247/210.7/180

Height: 5'7

Hey Everyone!!

I am so thankful that I found a weight loss forum. I have come a long way already but have been stalling out lately and could use the support. I'm 24 years old and am a full time graduate student, studying elementary education. I am also a nanny for a 20 month old and work at a teacher store.

Here's my story. I have always been overweight and in 2006, I decided to take some measures and went to a bariactric doctor. I was on a strict diet of protein shakes, protein and veggies for a year and a half. I went from 247 pounds to 195 pounds before I stopped. I couldn't handle the program and it was aggravating. I went off the diet and gained almost 20 pounds back. In August of 2008, I joined a place called Transformations Advanced Weight Loss- where you are on a 800 calorie diet and take HCG shots. I loved it because I could eat every food group and lost weight. I got down to 202 and became frustrated. In June I went off and tried Weight Watchers, but i ended up gaining weight. So, yesterday I decided to go back on Transformations and weighed in at 215! I never want to get back to 247 pounds. The highest I've been is 219 since 2006 and I don't want to get back there.

It's hard to find support, especially when all of your friends eat whatever they want and don't understand. So, I am looking forward to find all kinds of support here!! I feel accomplished though...I did work out today on the elliptical for an hour and burned 670 calories. I would like to lose 30 pounds by November and I know If I stay motivated (and don't get frustrated) I can do it!!

Oh and I live in Florida!!

Can't wait to talk to everyone!!

Danielle
Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 PM   #1061  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

First name (if you want to tell): You can call me Lackie

Geographical location: Minnesooooota

Marital Status: Married 3 years in December

Pets: Almost 3 year old Min Pin

Hobbies/Interests: reading, studying, playing with my dog, sports...

Height: 5'2 3/4

Eye/Hair Color: brown/whatever color I decide that day.. lol usually brown though.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Was December '07 and now again tomorrow..

Starting Weight: First time 214 and now 196

Present Weight: 196

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating healthier and breaking the habit of just quick eating.

Following any specific plan: nope just plan to burn more than I eat and clean up my eating ways

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My DH is gone and I need to look good when he comes back.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope, but I probably will think of something
Old 10-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #1062  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

First name (if you want to tell): Tasha

Geographical location: 20 minutes from Gateway Arch, Illinois side

Marital Status: Married to John, 26, 7/29/06

Pets: 4 dogs (Louie and Kovu are 9 year old yorkie mixes, Jambi is a 3 year old akita mix, and Wyatt is a 1.5 year old italian greyhound/min pin mix) and 4 cats, all DSH rescues.

Hobbies/Interests: animal and animal rescues, sewing, movies, music, musicals, gardening.

Height: 5'6:

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: present journey started May 07.

Starting Weight: 289

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 180. At that point, I'll decide if I want to push to get down an extra 45lbs to a "healthy BMI"

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding a way of eating that works for me and sticking to it. The big realization in this came to me when I figured out I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and had it checked out by a doctor. Since then, I've been active talking to other girls my age and my weight with the same disease.

Following any specific plan: Low Glycemic Index Diet, 1000mg cinnamon, 100mg chromium, one-a-day vitamin.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have more knowledge on why I'm overweight and a better idea of how to fix it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've lapsed the past month, but I'm ready to get back to the gym and back to feeling good and losing weight!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #1063  

Height: 5' 8"

Well...this is my first post, so here!

First name (if you want to tell): Sarah

Geographical location: Metairie, LA (right outside of New Orleans)

Marital Status: Married

Occupation: Administrative Assistant (but will be promoted soon...yay!)

Pets: 1 Cat...Miss Kittykins (Kitty for short)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, watching movies with my husband, losing weight, keeping weight off, crocheting, vampires (I'm obsessed with the Twilight saga and Moonlight...yeah, haha), etc.

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: blueish-green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well, THIS particular weight loss journey is starting today, but I've had several over the years.

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 187 (ugh)

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Junk food...what can I say. I love it. Pizza, fast food, potato chips, chocolate...yep. *sighs*

Following any specific plan: I just joined the yay Food site. The first month is only $4.95, so I decided to try it...why not. It's basically calorie shifting. I've tried this before with success, but I'm going to do it more diligently this time.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I'm just starting again today, so besides having lots of motivation from seeing the HIGHEST weight I've ever been on the scale this morning...nothing yet, lol.

Well, thanks for reading!

~Utterly Absurd~

Last edited by Moonlight Mistress; 10-22-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #1064  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

First name (if you want to tell): amanda

Geographical location: birmingham, al

Marital Status: not married...?

Pets: my precious little chairman meow

Hobbies/Interests: all things involving strings (crocheting, knitting, embroidery, sewing, cross-stitching), all types of music, stuff and things...

Eye/Hair Color: gray-blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: about 2 weeks ago...october 6th, 2008-ish

Starting Weight: 200

Present Weight: 197

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: losing focus...eyes on the prize, i'm ready to keep it up this time.

Following any specific plan: nah, not really.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm going to stick to it. this website is going to help. it's going to happen!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #1065  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First name (if you want to tell): Tarryn!

Geographical location: Gold Coast QLD Australia

Marital Status: in a relationship

Pets: sox the cat and lucy my jack russel!

Hobbies/Interests: touchfootball, shopping , the beach!

Eye/Hair Color: blondey brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1 week ago!

Starting Weight: 200

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stop eating when im bored!!i love chocolate waaaayyy to much.

Following any specific plan: not really- just eating healthy and a bit of calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: im 90%determined rather than about 2%
Closed Thread