Old 07-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 195/140/130

Height: 5'2"

First name: Jane

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Chihuahua/JRT mix named Wrecks

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, playing guitar, dirt track open wheel auto racing, hockey, baseball

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2004

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 140

Goal Weight: Somewhere in the neighborhood of 130/135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of time

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers - Core

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Devotion
Old 08-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 150/146/129

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I am very new to this website (long time reader, recent poster) so I thought this would be a great place to start.

First name (if you want to tell): Amber

Geographical location: St. Paul, MN

Marital Status: Living with boyfriend of three years.

Children/Ages: none yet, but I wantm lots!

Pets: None yet. I'm working on the boyfriend to allow it!

Hobbies/Interests: Going to movies, reading, working out/running, making dinner with friends

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well this is sort of a recommittment. I have been on and off since January so I hope to stay on track starting now!

Starting Weight: 158 is the highest I can remember.

Present Weight: 146

Goal Weight: I say 129, because I just want to see myself out of the 130's.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated and not falling off track. When I have a bad day it's really bad! I usually only make it three good days before I have a "binge" night. I need to be healthy minded about treats to avoid falling off track.

Following any specific plan: Sort of. I follow the Weight Watchers point system, tracking everything I eat, and I try to exercise most nights of the week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm focusing on becoming healthy minded instead of just weighing less!
[/COLOR]
Old 08-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #318  

First name (if you want to tell): Katrina

Geographical location: Central California

Marital Status: Blissfully Married for 2 1/2 years, together for 8

Children/Ages: none, but when the weight goes, I'm getting knocked up!

Pets: 2 dogs (a chocolate lab & miniature dachshund) and 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, Sleeping, Exercising and eating...*lol*

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started on Monday! 7/31/06

Starting Weight: 162.7

Present Weight: 160.8

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My husband & I are VERY social...we eat out with friends about 2-3 tiems a week! That's going to be the hardest obstacle to overcome

Following any specific plan: Yes. Weight Watchers. It works for me, now I just have to stick to it and watch the pounds melt away. I was sucessful earlier this year in losing 15lbs in about 10 weeks!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want a baby really bad! But, I want to be in shape and at a healthy weight before that happens, so that way I won't have such a big battle afterwards...oh, and I'm just plain disgusted with my body. I cannot believe what I have let happen to it!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing really
Old 08-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #319  
Br00ke

S/C/G: 212/209/145

Height: 5'3

First name (if you want to tell): Brooke

Geographical location: Ohio

Children/Ages: Keira, 4

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: movies, music, going to concerts, online games, reading, tattoos, piercings

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The current one...today

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 209

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Changing all the habits I have about what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, etc.

Following any specific plan: No, just cutting down on portion size, working in more fruits & veggies, & exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Any other time I started a weight loss journey, it was a result of me being angry/sad about some situation that happened because of my weight. This time, I just really want to change, for myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'll be 23 on August 11th lol.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #320  
Back on Track

S/C/G: 173/153/140

Height: 5' 8"

First name (if you want to tell): Stella

Geographical location: The land of 10,000 lakes

Marital Status: Widowed

Pets: Two cats: Tundra (a little evil) and Friskie (she is 22 Years old) a dog: Tavish (a little crazy) she is a mut we found on the side of the road. a Goldfish (it has no name) and two horses: Ruby and Rebel.

Hobbies/Interests: I really hate to be so vague... but I really do find an interest in everything... I guess lately I have been reading a lot and enjoying the outdoors, I like music and working with my hands (drawing, gardening, creating ect.) And I just subscribed to NetFlix so I am on a huge movie rant right now. Hummm...

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Well, I have been through this once before when I was 15 I topped out at 202 lbs. Over the next 2 years I lost 72 lbs. bringing my weight down to 130, I was able to maintain that weight for about 5 years. Then after the loss of my husband I lost control, gaining back 43 lbs. in less than 7 months bringing my weight to 173... My Starting date this 2nd time was in mid. June. since then I have lost 15 lbs.

Starting Weight: 173

Present Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 140 but who knows I may want to return to 130?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am an emotional eater and I crave food all of the time.

Following any specific plan: not really I just eat in moderation mostly healthy foods fat/cal counting... and I alow my self one "Bad Meal" a week but I have found that even then I don't go crazy.

What is difference this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I find time is a big factor for me now (lack there of) when I was 16 and 17 I had time to make healthy meals and I was always active with my friends. Now I run a business and it is just easier to grab a bag of chips and go. I find now I really have to push myself, motivate myself set aside time for working out and planning meals, this time I really have to make an effort.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I know I can loose the weight we all can, but now I know just how easily I can gain it all back. It's not just a diet it's a whole mental and physical change.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 293/256/140

Height: 5'10

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: Chicago, IL

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Fenway my Boston Terrier, a pair of Lovebirds Kiwi & Mango, and a 45g tank of African Cichlids

Hobbies/Interests: Going to concerts, music, photography, art, friends, being outside, my pets

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2006

Starting Weight: 293

Present Weight: 268

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Alcohol, and eating because I’m bored

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I will be graduating this spring and only want to buy smaller sized clothing for work. I would also like to be able to start taking horseback riding lessons again.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

First name (if you want to tell): Jennifer

Geographical location: new brunswick, canada

Marital Status: married 4 years

Children/Ages: 4 (3 girls, 1 boy ages 9-2)

Pets: Chocolate lab (Buddy) 1 Cat (Cassie) 2 Kittens (Garfield & Thomas)

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, working out, watching tv, surfing the net

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: after birth of 4th child (2 years) just got serious about it 5 months ago

Starting Weight: 183

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat ,I have a major sweet tooth

Following any specific plan: exercise and watching calories somewhat bout to start slimfast again

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:nothing really just trying to stick to exercing

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 08-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #323  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

First name: Shari

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: not yet

Pets: two mutts: PoohBear and Shadow; fat, lazy behind cat: Blackfoot

Hobbies/Interests: watching and *****in about soaps, surfing 3FC, daydreaming, reading, writing, hanging out with friends on the rare occasions that I have time
Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/brownish black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm gonna say July 30, 2006 because that's when I started my one year challenge. Before that, I have been on and off. Now, I'm going to try my damnest to stick with it.

Starting Weight: 248

Present Weight: no idea.....let me run and check real quick....248.6....one lbs less than last time I weighed! YAY!

Goal Weight: right now, ultimate goal is 150. I still want to be curvy. But when I get there, we'll see.
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: definitely emotional and mindless eating. I'll just eat crap for NO reason at all.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers all the way baby!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not in such a rush. It used to be that I would tell myself I just HAD to be this weight/size before this time, like 20 lbs in a month. Stupid. Now, I set goals but they are reasonable and I don't drive myself into depression if I don't make them.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Ask me whatever. I like chatting with new people and joining/creating new challenges. I LOVE 3FC!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #324  

First name (if you want to tell): Jessica

Geographical location: (east) Texas

Marital Status: Single-ish

Children/Ages: 2 yr old son

Pets: one miniature weiner dog named Woody

Hobbies/Interests: nothing sticks out...I lack passion in a lot of areas of life apparently, hah

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hmmm we'll say right after my son was born but I haven't stuck to any kind of anything in the past 2 years
Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 148

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and finding time to eat right

Following any specific plan: Not really. I'm trying to drink mainly water, not eating late, yadda yadda.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm just starting so we'll see. I'm hoping to not only lose weight and change my lifestyle but to find some energy!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have a small addiction to pizza. any kind.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:14 PM   #325  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default About Fabulous Me

First name (if you want to tell): Christine

Geographical location: Indiana Go Hoosiers!

Marital Status: Single girl

Pets: None... I've kept a few plants alive for months, that is an accomplishment for me

Hobbies/Interests: I like to read, especially biographies lately. I like crochet, listening to musicals, watching movies,and sitting around talking with my girls.

Height: 5'7" ?? I should check this some day. I don't think I've checked since I got my driver's license

Eye/Hair Color: greenish hazel eyes, brown/red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I started when I moved, so around May 15, 2006. I really started getting serious about counting my calories and using FitDay July 17, 2006.

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 186

Goal Weight: 135?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am really bad about cooking, so I eat out a lot. Making wise choices when I eat out can be hard.

Following any specific plan: I am carefully counting my calories right now. I started out saying I would do only 1200 a day, but I think 1400-1500 is more realistic and keeps me feeling full. Cut out liquid calories, and trying to replace diet pop with water. I am also biking!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am incorporating excercise. I did the whole Adkins thing last year, and lost 25 pounds, but quickly gained it all back when I stopped. This time I FEEL better, which helps me feel motivated to exercise more and keep up with the smart eating choices.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would love to support and be supported by all of you! Love these boards.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #326  
Try and try again.

S/C/G: 184.8/186/130

First name (if you want to tell): Christina (Chris)

Geographical location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: Gavin, 2 on Aug. 28th; Chloe, 9 months

Pets: Cat, Sneakers

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, researching random things on the internet, organizing things, spending time with my family, going for long walks, playing pool and darts, going to movies and watching TV, listening to music and singing.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brunette, for now

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The first time, a long time ago...this time, today.

Starting Weight: 184.8lbs

Present Weight: 184.8lbs

Goal Weight: 130lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Changing all the habits I have about what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, etc.

Following any specific plan: Planning meals and trying to stick to them, switching Pepsi for diet pop with the hope of cutting it out entirely, working out at least 4 times a week, drinking at least 4 glasses of water a day, to start, planning to get to 8-12 glasses a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm getting severely depressed with the fact that nothing I own fits anymore, I get winded walking up a short set of stairs and I want to have my choice of wedding gowns for my wedding, not have to choose something because of my weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm getting married on September 20th, 2008!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:01 AM   #327  

First name (if you want to tell): Sabrina

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Married (10 months!)

Children/Ages: None

Pets: One cat, Hobbs

Hobbies/Interests: Internet, reading, video games, Sci Fi/Fantasy, and I run a message board

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Um... this time?? Thursday, August 10, 2006

Starting Weight: 410 I think give/take

Present Weight: 410

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm a boredom eater, and it's very easy for me to have a bad week and get discouraged.

Following any specific plan: Thintuition/Intuitive Eating

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not on a diet!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'll be 30 in 4 months. I guess I'll be kicked out of here then...
Old 08-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #328  

Lightbulb Getting to know you...I am brand new~

Just joined today!

First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Portland,OR

Marital Status: Married.

Pets: Two kitties a mean old cat(Zoya) and the brand new kitten(annyong)

Hobbies/Interests: playing snes,reading, doing crafts(wow i sound sad)

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/14/06

Starting Weight: 240
Present Weight: 240

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My love and need of food, I have an emotional attachment

Following any specific plan: Well I work at gym so I have started working out for an hour m-f, and just trying to eat healthier and cutting out the bad stuff fries, soda etc

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am getting older and am realizing i dont want to be fat forever and now that I work at gym i've lost a lot of excuses I had before about having time to work out etc

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want to lose this weight the right way and keep it off, I have been yo-yoing for almost 10 yrs now and I just want to be normal
Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 PM   #329  
I can do it this time.

First name (if you want to tell): Sara

Geographical location: Hawaii

Marital Status: In A relationship, December makes 3 years.

Pets: Just fishes for now, I want dogs!

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, movies, scrapbooking,

Height: 6'0"

Eye/Hair Color: brown sometimes green / black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 9th

Starting Weight: 285 (but not my highest)

Present Weight: 279

Goal Weight: Short Term 255, Long Long Term 155.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE FOOD. I've been working on lately non - emotional eating

Following any specific plan: No just eating healthier and plenty of exercise!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually want to lose weight instead of everyone trying to force me into losing it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love meeting new people, and hopefully will make a lot of new friends on this journey
Old 08-16-2006, 04:34 PM   #330  
Nat

S/C/G: 199/161/133

Height: 5'4"

First name (if you want to tell): Nat

Geographical location: Leeds, UK

Marital Status: married (since 2nd April 2005)

Children/Ages: just the one, see my sig

Occupation: housewife/mam/temporary leaver from uni (most likely going back in September)

Pets: none at the moment

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching films, spending waaay too much time on forums, computer games (rpgs, the sims, etc).

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time round, Monday 14th August

Starting Weight: 189

Present Weight: 189

Goal Weight: 133

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My husband's good cooking, plus a shared love of takeaways, and my obsession with milkshake.

Following any specific plan: Just calorie counting for now

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm now battling against a post pregnancy stomach which has totally stretched and is refusing to go back. I still look pregnant nearly 11 months on!

Anything else you would like to share with us: not right now but I'm sure something will crop up
Closed Thread