Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #346  
rai

S/C/G: 193/178/140? -->size 6 or 8

Height: 5'7

Default Let me introduce myself :)

First name (if you want to tell): Rai

Geographical location: Chicago

Marital Status: married (since July 2005)

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none. used to have fish. I'm scared of dogs (okay, I'm sort of scared of cats too..)

Hobbies/Interests: reading, drinking wine, running (training for my first Marathon ), reality TV (Survivor rocks!)

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: dkbrwn/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Seems like I'm always loosing and gaining weight. But I'm recommitting myself so I will say Sept. 10 is my start date

Starting Weight: 175 (was 180 a week and a half ago, so I'm happy!)

Present Weight: 175

Goal Weight: i say 150? (a perfect size 8) okay, 145 but I'm scared to say it

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating out is a social activity with my friends so I'm finding myself having to say no to a lot of functions. Also, not feeling guilty when my husband wants a snack and I don't.

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and try to eat well. i try to focus on whole grains, fruits and veggies and lean meat. (ditto). I'm monitoring my calories too, eating 1200 -1600 cal/day (I don't know if this is too low consider all the running I'm doing for the marathon, but right now it seems as if it is working. Plus, I tend to eat alot on the weekends so I know I'm over 1600 cal on Sat and Sun)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: nothing really....just really trying to loose and keep it off. I guess I'm more motivated. I want to be able to wear a bikini next summer (and look good in it)

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm glad to be here
Old 09-14-2006, 02:15 PM   #347  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

First name (if you want to tell): Nikaia (hence the username)

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Involved but semi-poly

Children/Ages: No, no, and no thank you.

Pets: 1 golden retriever named Kelly Ann, 1 white rat named Puka (pronounced pooh-kah)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, anything Italian, sailing, music

Height: 5'7" and a little bit

Eye/Hair Color: green/dark red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept 1st, 2006

Starting Weight: 198

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have a terrible sweet tooth - my body craves a dessert after EVERY meal, even breakfast. Also, I'm pretty lazy about exercising.

Following any specific plan: Currently, just cutting out sweets and walking with my Leslie Sansone DVDs.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more fed up this time? I actually have a plan this time? Not sure.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a full-time student, just moving into my first apartment with my best friend from college. I'm majoring in linguistics, love Italian, and plan to live in Italy someday.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 218/208/150

Height: 5'7

First name (if you want to tell): Lena

Geographical location: Ky

Marital Status: liveing in sin with BF

Pets: 9 dogs(pem welsh corgis and labs) 8 horses, and a cat

Hobbies/Interests:chillin with the critters

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/drk blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: uh..today

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: about 140-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightlossn depo which has helped me gain 50 lbs in the past 3 years, but without it I'll get endometriosis back

Following any specific plan: no... trying to watch what I eat and excercise more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just feel fat! and it's driving me nuts

Anything else you would like to share with us: not yet
Old 09-18-2006, 09:48 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 163/160/130

Height: 5'2"

First name (if you want to tell): Stephanie

Geographical location: Dallas, TX

Marital Status: been married exactly 1 year

Children/Ages: none, unless you count my furbabies

Pets: 1 boston terrier, 1 dachsound mix, 1 cocker spaniel/gordon setter mix, 4 female fancy rats, 1 female hairless rat, 2 freshwater aquariums, and 1 saltwater aquarium

Hobbies/Interests: aquariums, photography, graphic design, golfing, animal charity events

Eye/Hair Color: blue / brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The latest one was recently started on 9/14/06

Starting Weight: 163

Present Weight: 160

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sweets, especially chocolate. and I hate it when people at work bring tons of food up here, it's hard to turn it down....especially donuts in the mornings

Following any specific plan: Jorge Cruise's 3-Hour Diet , so far it's been easy and I haven't been hungry at all

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
Since being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I know it's time to make a change
Old 09-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

First name (if you want to tell): Heather

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Have a boyfriend of a little more than a year and a half

Occupation: Student at Univ. of St. Thomas, majoring in Human Resources Management

Pets: A chocolate lab named Putz, and two calico (sp?) cats Callie and Alice

Hobbies/Interests: Dance, shopping, reading, magazines, country music (but I'll listen to pretty much anything), celeb gossip magazines, going out with friends, and MOST OF ALL...spending time with my boyfriend

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh boy, there's a lot of those...I'll just start with my most recent...TODAY! (9/18/06)

Starting Weight: 150

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 120...but that may change. I'll see once I get around there if I want to weight more or less

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it. I have great motivation, and I have tons of resources and always research everything before I start, but after a couple days I stop doing it. So basically consistency.

Following any specific plan: Not really. I'm trying to focus more on the health benefits of losing weight, rather than just the physical benefits.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I will NOT look back. After seeing the scales tip 152, I knew I had to get with the program, and really stick with it this time. I'm starting to get a couple health problems, and seeing those start up in my mom too, I know I'm at great risk. So I need to do something now if I want to live a long and healthy life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: If I can figure out how to get pictures from my camera phone to the web, I'll hopefully have my dreaded "before" pictures up (with my face blurred out of course!). Anyone wanna share how to convert pictures from a camera phone onto the web?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #351  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

So many people to get to know here, it'll take me days to go through the whole thread!

Anyway, I was directed to this forum by futuresurferchick, and I guess it's time to settle in here, since it seems quite an appropriate place.

First name (if you want to tell): Isabelle. I also go by Yzabel online. Almost the same.

Geographical location: France

Marital Status: With boyfriend, not married.

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Part-time technical writer & newly student in English civilizations and cultures

Pets: A dog, Vulcain (half-Beauceron, half-German shepherd).

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, drawing, singing & music in general, lifting weights (aye), dancing

Height: 5'2" (or 5"1', I'm never sure. I'm small, in any case).

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/whatever strikes my fancy (probably has a very dark blonde - or very light brown - basis).

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Early 2005, but lots of setbacks in-between (nothing too bad, at least, I never regained it all).

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: Ticker needs to be changed If I remember well, I'm a 146 right now.

Goal Weight: 120-something, but I'll see if it's too low/about right/too high once I'm there. I've always been fat as an adult, so I have no idea about what my 'ideal' goal should be.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I just like having stuff in my mouth. Usually that's food. And a deep dislike for cooking combined with very quickly renouncing cooking healthy stuff as soon as I feel tired, go home late, etc.

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment. I plan on picking the healthy options at the campus' restaurant, and exercising at the campus gym as soon as I have my membershop card. In the meantime, I need to run everywhere for paperwork business anyway, so it helps.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not sure, in fact. I had never truyl attempted at losing weight before. The first time I was in college, 9 years ago, it sort of happened by itself. I guess that early 2005 was really my "true" effort to lose weight, and since then, in spite of slacking off, I haven't abandoned the idea. It's probably much different now because I know I won't have any money left to buy sweets, cookies and other crap. Not if I want to be able to pay my bills, at least.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Former student in History (license degree), studied graphic-design, entered the workforce, and now back to college to study English & North-American Civilizations/Cultures (if you see me make grammar and spelling mistakes, please smack me on the fingers ).
Old 09-23-2006, 06:23 AM   #352  
Mrsbryant03

S/C/G: 205/204/155

Height: 5'8

Default Intro

First name (if you want to tell): Christian

Geographical location: Germany

Marital Status: Happily Married

Children/Ages: 1 son (18 months)

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Continuing education, exercising, meeting new and ambitious people, travelling.

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11 September 2006

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 204

Goal Weight: somewhere around 145-160 depends how i look

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love sweets and I get really hungry after exercising

Following any specific plan: Using my gazelle edge twice a day for 20 minutes each with firming abdominal exercises

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i have a son, and I dont want to be the sterotypical mom who never wears the mini skirts again, or a bathing suit. Plus if I have another child, I want to be in better shape than I was with my son. The difference this time for me is I have no set date or outfit, I am taking my time and I am too young to be overweight...though I am tall, and the weight isnt easy to see, i can see, and i wanna do something about it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a military spouse and I wanna be able to run with my hubby one day...
Old 09-25-2006, 01:55 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

First name (if you want to tell): Kate

Geographical location: Denver

Marital Status: married (as of 5/19/06!)

Pets: two cats

Hobbies/Interests: going to the movies, snowboarding, working out, shopping, traveling (although since I got a "real" job there's not much time for it), just hanging out with my husband

Eye/Hair Color: brown/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: well, it's been going on for years now, but I'm starting over October 2 (I would start now but I'm going to Miami for a week and I doubt it's the best time to start) hopefully this time it will work

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 160

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my husband and I love to eat out, he doesn't cook and I hate cleaning up after cooking, also, eating at night--especially when i get off work at 10 pm i tend to binge afterwards

Following any specific plan: kind of--want to eat around 1600 cals per day, drink my 64 ounces of water (it's soooo hard for me!), eat healthy (more fruits and veggies), work out most days

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: not sure...just hoping I find some will power this time. The reasons are still the same--want to feel healthy, look healthy, gain some self-confidence, be able to shop for clothes without getting depressed
Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

First name (if you want to tell): Amanda

Geographical location: Lawrence, KS

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, spending time with friends and family

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2, 2006

Starting Weight: 303.5

Present Weight: 292.5

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercise. . . I just need to get off my rear and do something

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The doctor just told me that I have diabetes so I've decided that I'm doing something about it
Old 09-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

First name (if you want to tell): Stacia

Geographical location: Encintias, CA

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Carter is almost 22 months

Pets: one cat his name is Wally, and a turtle named Timmy.

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, shopping, shopping, and knitting.

Eye/Hair Color: eyes: hazel Hair: blonde and almost black.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Today is my starting date on here! Sept 25 so I hope this will be first day on this journey. But I have been working out for a few months and just started to loose, but I am now starting hardcore.

Starting Weight: 170

Present Weight: 166

Goal Weight: I want to get to 130 by Jan 1st and then loose another 10 somtime after that.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food. I love sweets.. bad things for me.

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and try to eat well.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I need to make a lifstyle change. I dont want my son to get into the same eating habits as me. I want to lead by example for him.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I wish everyone the best of luck with their goals!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Cool meee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First name (if you want to tell): Linda
Geographical location: cali

Marital Status: not married , but planning

Pets: ok this is where it gets complicated! 5 dogs: popeye,moose,sombra,shadow,cow. 3 cats:ratagain,satin,cutie. 2 turtle:donatelo,rapheal.1 snake:mr.pinkie eater.1 argus monitor:argus.1 bearded dragon:iggy.

Hobbies/Interests: Music. check out my band im the singer www.myspace.com/neverknown

Height: 4'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Light brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: everyday is its own journey

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:eating right and sticking too it!

Following any specific plan:eating well,enrolled in a soccer class twice a week and turbo jam baby!!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:i have you guys for motivation!!! it helps!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #357  
GOODBYE lovehandles!

Height: 5'6"

First name (if you want to tell): Katie

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: In a Serious Relationship

Pets: 2 Dogs, and 11 rabbits

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, showing/breeding rabbits, showing dogs, traveling, supporting the military, website design, myspace, this message board, etc.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: blbrown/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I started at least eating semi better like a year ago, but my official start really is September 26, 2006

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 158 (I weigh tomorrow...)

Goal Weight: For now, 138

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to bake. Brownies, cookies, cake, you name it. I have this problem with chocolate and sweets that I can't just have one little bit, or one cookie, or one piece, I need like 10 pieces or 10 cookies. I'm a sweets binger.

Following any specific plan: Exercise, eat healthy and less, cut out junk food

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time, I am determined. By setting goals for myself I am feeling like my progress will be definitely achieved at a better rate than my previous attempts. So again, mini goals, and long term goals. Also a big difference this time is this board!! There is so much motivation here, and for some reason the tickers are big motivaters for me. Just seeing the ticker slide over to a different number is incredible.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I weigh in on Tuesdays. I do at least 35 minutes of cardio per session right now, and am slowly gaining time. I just really want to get an overall better healthy lifestyle, and get the flatter stomach and trimmer thighs of my dreams! Oh yes, and this tummy muffin has go to go!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #358  
Sunshine Southern Belle

S/C/G: 156/148/120

First name (if you want to tell): Candace

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: A Chihuahua named Izzie

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, dancing, acting, shopping, going to the movies, watching Grey's Anatomy

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 23rd, 2005

Starting Weight: 156 lbs

Present Weight: 148 lbs

Goal Weight: 120 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I like food. I have to really stay strong when it comes to pizza and nachos. And I also have to make myself exercise, even if I'm feeling lazy.

Following any specific plan: Not really...just counting calories and exercising.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have specific goals. I know I want to lose the weight because my wedding is in a little over a year. I also want to be able to fit back into all my old clothes that are still hanging in my closet.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think that's good for now!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 183/183/153

Height: 5 foot 1

irst name (if you want to tell): Joy

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: Three cats Billy, Ani and Samantha, A turtle Tomaso

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking vegan foodm animal rights, playing with the kittens, photography, writing, reading, drinking tea.

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 5th, 2006

Present Weight: 183

Goal Weight: 153

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have severe food allergies so I need to be careful what I eat. I am vegan so meat/cheese, dairy is out, and I have a back injury that makes exercise difficult.

Following any specific plan: No, if anything I need to remember to eat more often instead of waiting until 6 pm and shoveling down dinner AND lunch.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The doctor said I needed to lose weight so that my immune system would be better.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I miss running and since I had to give that up it felt like every other form of exercise was BS...Have to get over that,
Old 10-10-2006, 07:41 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

First name (if you want to tell): Lindsay

Geographical location: Madison, WI

Marital Status: Living in sin with my boyfriend

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: Two chihuahuas - Mr. Big and The Cheat

Hobbies/Interests: sewing, knitting, learning French, movies, computers (yay i'm totally a dork), anything crafty

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brownish/reddish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2003

Starting Weight: 178

Present Weight: 140

Goal Weight: 130 by my birthday in Dec. (long term - 125)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I travel alot for my job and get to expense account most of my food

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment, I'm currently trying to come up with a plan that will work with my lifestyle

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's harder to find the time because in the past I was in college and had time to devote to exercises. When you work 60 hours a week sometimes it's hard to find time to exercise.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really do have a life outside of work.
Closed Thread