Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:53 PM   #181  

Geographical location: New Hampshire (land of ice and snow!)

Marital Status: Living together

Children/Ages: none

Pets: None...unfortunatly!

Hobbies/Interests: knitting, reading, World of Warcraft (ok..that's an addiction) and studying the middle ages

Height: 5'5'

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes, brown hair with purple streaks

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: About 2 years ago with this one

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 154

Goal Weight: 120-125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Comfort/boredom eating.

Following any specific plan: None at the moment, just better eating habbits,

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Now I need to lose some for medical reasons. I need to take weight/stress off on my knee joints so I can avoid replacing them in the near future.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can not spell. Please do not take it personally!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #182  

Smile

First name (if you want to tell): Kat

Geographical location: Evansville, IN

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: 1 Abbi 8 years old

Pets: 1 fish...his name is really long so will go with China. That's his first name I think.

Hobbies/Interests: I love to read. I like to knit, crochet, and cross stitch. I also like to work out while pretending to be a much better athlete than I really am.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Last March

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 200

Goal Weight: 165...but really I would be happy with 175 if I knew that my health was the best that it could be

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am a text book stress eater. It's a battle I am always fighting. When my stress level rises, I cannot reach for the Ruffles fast enough!!!

Following any specific plan: No. I am checking out several of the plans on the forums. This place is so informative!! Other than that I just try to eat the best that I can and exercise regularly. The exercise thing is very easy for me because I like it. My trouble spot is again..stress eating and portion control.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Anymore it's not so much about being thin. Yes that's a plus...but I want to be healthy. I know that if I can change my habits and improve my health now, I will have a much easier time down the road.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really excited to meet all of you. I'm sure that I will need some cheering on, and I hope I can do the same for you!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:26 AM   #183  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

First name: Julie

Geographical location: Washington state

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Andrea, 4; Kaitlyn, 3

Occupation: doing dishes, changing diapers, doing laundry, cooking...

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, reading, internet

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: i'd say since the birth of my first child, but i didn't really get into it, and reeeeeally want to do it until recently. and i used the start of the year as the perfect opportunity to start.

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 140... just 5 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight. yeah, i could live with that.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: let's see here...taco bell, pizza, chocolate, wendy's... well, i'm sure you get the idea hehe.

Following any specific plan: exercise and good eating habits. just the basics

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i really want to do this for myself this time. i don't care what others think about me. and a big part of me realizing that was my husband still thinks i'm attractive and tells me he loves me just the way i am.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #184  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Wink All About Demeter

First name (if you want to tell): Danielle

Geographical location: Nebraska

Marital Status: live with BF of over 5 years

Pets: one beautiful seal point siamese mix cat (female)

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, camping & swimming (summertime), reading (but I never have the time), traveling, (I hate to say it but it's true) - cleaning, going to the gym (especially classes)

Eye/Hair Color: brown/light blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan. 3rd, 2006

Starting Weight: 191

Present Weight: 181

Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have been very thin my whole life, could eat whatever & whenever I wanted & actually tried to gain weight. Once I hit 18 I gained about 40 lbs in a matter of months & I've been slowly adding to the fat each year since then. I'm still having trouble with the realization that I can't eat whatever I want anymore & I'm still not used to this new "fatsuit" I'm wearing. My biggest hurdle used to be that I smoked but I've just recently quit on Nov 1st so now nothing's holding me back baby!

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet & Exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am so sick of having an old lady body when I'm only 23 years old and I am finally going to enjoy my age & the body I can have. I've been in denial for a long time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad you're all here & I look forward to sharing support with you all!!!

Last edited by Demeter; 01-20-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:05 AM   #185  

First name (if you want to tell): Julie

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: apt with a roomate...moving in w/ my bf in may

Pets: getting 2 cats in MAY

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, shopping, dancing, going out, watching csi, greys anatomy, working out, going on walks, going to movies, reading

Height: 5'4.5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time (2nd time) November 2005?
Starting Weight: 172

Present Weight: 168

Goal Weight: 125-130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating fatty foods, sweets, and drinking pop...I stopped drinking regular pop, and even caffeine- most of the time...I have mostly cut out the fast food. I also have to stay CONSISTANT with exercise. I love it and so does my body, but for some reason I quit doing it for stretches at a time...I need to make it a lifetime thing

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting, eating healthy, cardio and weight training...yoga and pilates

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I lost weight and was down to 152 for a long time, and my bad eating caught up with me again, and I told myself I never wanted to see 160 ever again...and I broke that promise...I want to go past 152 and tell myself I'll never see 140 ever again (unless pregnant or something)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so glad I found this site! It's hard living with an anorexic who doesn't accept help anymore...so it's nice to go somewhere and talk about weight loss and not feel uncomfortable talking about low cals and exercise...thank you everyone!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #186  
Size 8 Here I Come!

Cool Hey!

Geographical location: GA

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 daughter

Pets: 1 pug, 1 pekingneses, 1 rottweiler, and some fish

Hobbies/Interests: reading, horseback riding, working out, cooking, watching tv

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1st...it's a new year baby!

Starting Weight: 289

Present Weight: 285.5

Goal Weight: 140 (for the time being)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Eating when I'm bored, resisting junk in general, portion control.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories and working out like a fiend.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm doing it for myself and not for anyone else! I'm doing it to be a healthier, happier mother to my five-year-old.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been thin--in my teen years--and I miss the active, fun-loving me!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #187  
PrestonsMama

S/C/G: 253/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile

First name (if you want to tell): Jennifer

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status: Married to Justin for 4 years

Children/Ages: Preston, 7 months

Pets: 2 cats, Percy & Oreo

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, reading, working out, playing with my son, message boards

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2, 2006

Starting Weight: 208

Present Weight: 206

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I like food a lot, especially in social situations (like to go out to dinner, etc). I put the blame mostly on my husband who is also a food lover, he introduced me to it. I never used to be like this, but NO EXCUSES now. I have gotten past that hurdle. Now it is just trying to say no to the cravings.

Following any specific plan: I'm following the Weight Watchers diet and I just joined a gym this past week. I've gone 3 times this week and I plan to go at least 3-5 times per week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I realized that life is too short to spend it unhappy. I also realized that I need to set a good example for my son. I need to be healthy for myself too. I am 23 years old and it isn't going to get any easier to lose weight as I get older, so now is a better time than ever.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 142/140.5/125

Height: 5'2

First name (if you want to tell): Nicole

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: reading, working out, watching tv/sports/movies, message boards

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (This time?) January 8,2006

Starting Weight: 143.5

Present Weight: 143.5

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating out with my coworkers, candy dish at work, tv watching munchies

Following any specific plan: No I've tried WW and SBD. Both worked when I followed them, but I'm just watching calories right now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Just going to take it one day at a time. This time I have the workout thing down. I've been in the gym 3-6 times a week consistently for the past 6 months and unfortunately I've gained 3.5 pounds.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #189  

Smile A Rookie Here

First name: Jen

Geographical location: Massachusetts

Marital Status: Married with children

Children/Ages: Stepdaughter Jill -7
Daughter Maddie-1 1/2

Occupation: Videographer/Editor/self employed/freelancer/fulltime student/full time mom/ chief cook and bottle washer lol

Pets: Do my kids and husband count??

Hobbies/Interests: movies at home, playing with my kids, going to the gym (yes I actually like to go, can you believe it?)

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown (dyed)/dark brown (notdyed lol)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 15th is the start date...this time around

Starting Weight: 177

Present Weight: 177

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Welll number one is, unlike smokers who don't need cigarettes to live, I need food. I love food. All types of food. The hardest question for me to answer is, "what is your favorite food?" my answer to that is "I have to choose just one?" Having kids makes it tough because less healthy convenience foods are always easiest. And I am always super busy and rushing around so I really have to plan out my day ahead of time to make sure I have the opportunity to eat healthy.

Following any specific plan: Staying away from empty calories and carbs. Trying to stick with whole grains, fruits and veggies and lean meats. Cycling calorie counts to prevent plateau

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am the heaviest my husband has ever seen me...I'd love to look like we did when we met

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm gonna need all the support I can get

Jen

Last edited by The Fat Friend; 01-11-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #190  

First name (if you want to tell): Jaime

Geographical location: Southern Ontario at present... four more months till I'm in Washington DC again!

Marital Status: Spoken for (living with fiance)

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: none as of yet... may get a cat next year

Hobbies/Interests: the standard stuff: reading, watching movies, listening to music.... plus photography, knitting, and walking

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this time? (ha!) January 9th.

Starting Weight: 204

Present Weight: 201.5

Goal Weight:155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sugar cravings... serious sugar cravings

Following any specific plan: Kind of WW. Kind of Low GI. I'm on a diabetic diet for hypoglycemia, keeping WW principles in mind.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I now have confirmed health complications to help in the mental butt-kicking. Before it was pretty much only aesthetic. Now it's serious.

Anything else you would like to share with us: not really... I think that was all for now!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #191  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

First name (if you want to tell): Alaynna

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status: Married for a year to a wonderful husband

Pets: 2 precious kitty cats (lemur and monkey)

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, internet, hanging out with friends, bowling, church, playing with my cats...and spending time with my husband

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 1, 2006

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 169

Goal Weight: 130-135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My husbands family is lebanese and they always cook a lot of food and good food....

Following any specific plan: I am exercising every day for about and hour to an hour and a half...I am also using fitday and having no more than 1500 calories a day and drinking tons of water

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am exercising more than i did before....

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope that I can reach my goal with the support of everyone on this board!
Old 01-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #192  

First name (if you want to tell): Kim

Geographical location: Maine

Marital Status: Married since 2002

Pets: 1 Cat

Hobbies/Interests: theater, music, reading, surfing the web, walking and snowshoeing, hanging out with friends, swimming, working with teens and young adults, camping, roller skating

Height: 5'4" when I'm standing really tall

Eye/Hair Color: blue/green/gray eyes-depends on my mood or outfit, naturally blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Began my change in lifestyle Jan. 1, 2005, fell off the wagon for a bit but jumped back on in July 2005

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 167

Goal Weight: I'd love to get down to 140 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Hating to cook and a loving husband who loves to take me out to eat.

Following any specific plan: Walking for 30 minutes most days of the week (or doing 30+ minutes of other exercise such as Tae Bo) and thinking before I eat!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel better when I'm not lugging around so much extra weight and I feel better when I exercise regularly.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Chocolate is not the enemy.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #193  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default Stephies Bio

First name (if you want to tell): Stephie

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Married to College Sweetie since April, dating 5

Children/Ages: Love them! As long as they belong to someone else!

Pets: I am a yuppy my cocker spaniel Chipper is like my kid

Hobbies/Interests: music, movies, working out, and ofcourse photography is my life!

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown/hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well I guess today

Starting Weight: 133

Present Weight: 133

Goal Weight: I am 1/4 japanese and on a very very small frame, 105 was the best I ever looked/felt so that ism my goal.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I always joke that I am on the 'fatkins' diet - all carbs all the time, my weakness is pasta and bread.

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet... I also have a gym membership that I am trying to substantiate

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just found out my DH may have diabetes. He need to work on his eating habits and just his health in general. I am hoping to lead by example and be his 'rock'.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:03 AM   #194  
Learning to love myself

First name
Emma

Geographical location
Christchurch, New Zealand

Marital Status
Partner - Stu

Children/Ages
No children yet, but TTC

Occupation
I'm a full time student, studying towards a BA in Gender Studies, and I work part time for a company called Ticketek, which is a ticketing agency - we sell for musicals, sports, concerts, seminars etc

Pets
A Golden Labrador - Dusty, a mangy grey & white moggie cat - Baldrick, a grey bunny - Slim, but they are all at my parents house

Hobbies/Interests
the internet, swimming, cross stitch, reading, the occasional night out on the town...

Height
5'0 foot

Eye/Hair Color
Blue/Naturally blonde, but brunette now

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey
17 January

Starting Weight
105kg

Present Weight
105kg

Goal Weight
70kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss
Having PCOS, making it harder to lose weight - and easier to gain weight! And keeping up the motivation to do this

Following any specific plan
Not really a plan, just eating more wisely & exercising regularly

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past
I am at a dangerous weight now - I could be at serious risk of a heart attack etc, and i'm TTC - and being overweight can make it harder to conceive... and i'm just sick of feeling so unhealthy, and looking disgusting. I've also told my parents & partner this time though, and they are being really supportive of me
Old 01-17-2006, 06:52 AM   #195  

Geographical location: Chicago, Illinois

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, singing, songwriting, sewing.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 30, 2005

Starting Weight: 310

Present Weight: 308 Lost 2 whole pounds!!

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting into the habit of excercising and no regular sodas!!!

Following any specific plan: Not really. Doing the lower carb thing.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am motivated and determined this time around. I want to FEEL better about me , not just look better.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am presently very unhappily single but I refuse to let that keep me from my goal.

Last edited by Karma27; 05-08-2006 at 05:47 AM.
Closed Thread