Flabulous 2 Fabulous!

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5'6

Red face

First name (if you want to tell):Kristy

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: Boyfriend

Children/Ages: Mikayla/girl/2 1/2

Pets: None yet... A two year old is animalistic enough!!

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, hanging out with my munchkin, going out for a few drinks

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well I have started a million times before but TODAY... Feb 6th is my LAST start Date!

Starting Weight: 181.8

Present Weight: 181.8

Goal Weight: 135-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it... I am motivated for like 2 weeks and then I lose it and eat whatever I want to again in LARGE amounts. Also I am an emotional eater and I eat like crazy when I am stressed out... and I am always stressed out over my weight... so catch 22

Following any specific plan: I start Jenny Craig tomorrow.. I got all of my food for the week today! I am so excited

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have made a real commitment this time.. and not only have I invested time but money as well.. I think I have found a plan that is easy enough to work with my schedule and keep me motivated!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am happy that this web forum is here it is great to know you ahve support!

Kristy
Old 02-07-2006, 03:20 AM   #212  
Try and try again.

S/C/G: 184.8/186/130

Height: 5'5"

Lightbulb

First name (if you want to tell): Christina

Geographical location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Marital Status: Common Law

Children/Ages: 2 --> Gavin, 17 mos; Chloe, 3 mos

Pets: cat named Sneakers

Hobbies/Interests: playing games online, watching tv/movies, playing pool/darts, crafts, writing, reading, going for long walks, spending lots and lots of time with my family, shopping (not anymore)

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue...currently red, but it changes OFTEN

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today, I guess...my baby was born in Nov. and I have been unhappy with my appearance ever since

Starting Weight: 175 (i think) I'm going to be weighed at the doctor's on Thursday as I don't own a scale...

Present Weight: See above.

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I don't eat properly. I'm lucky if I eat one meal a day. Usually I just snack.

Following any specific plan: Not really...trying to find a walking partner in my area and trying to better my eating habits, lessen my Pepsi intake, and drink more water.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not old, but I'm not as young as I once was, anymore, and it's getting more difficult just to maintain my weight let alone lose it. So, instead of staying one weight, as I have in the past, I'm gaining it much more easily.

Anything else you would like to share with us: this is going to be a LONG, HARD ROAD!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #213  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

First name (if you want to tell): Becca, Becky

Geographical location: Cheyenne, WY, USA

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Stepson, JJ, 10 years old

Pets: 2 cats, 11yo Lucky, 3yo Tucker

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, photography, walking, music of any kind, movies, concerts, cooking, playing with kiddos, education, etc

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March '05

Starting Weight: 356

Present Weight: 297

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating all my meals rather than skipping them, drinking adequate amounts of water, and EXERCISE. It should be a four letter word sometimes

Following any specific plan: I count calories and keep track of my fat/carb/protein ratios. I also keep track of all the minutes I exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm recently married, we want to have children together, and I want to be a good example to my kiddos. I have an extensive family history of heart problems, lung disease, cancer, etc and I really don't want to mess around with it. If I become fit and healthy now, I have better chances when I'm older.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm long-winded when I actually talk, and very stubborn :P
Old 02-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #214  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'6"

First name (if you want to tell): Emma

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: two black lab mutts at my mom's house, a gorgeous calico cat at my dad's

Hobbies/Interests: swing dance!, reading, cooking/baking (though not so much anymore), working out, travel

Height: 5'5.5"

Eye/Hair Color: blue or green or grey (depending upon what I wear)/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 20, 2006

Starting Weight: 164

Present Weight: 161

Goal Weight: 125-135, I need to see how I feel when I get there

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i like food a lot, and tend to snack alot when I'm at home. I'm trying to stay away from my apartment as much as possible to counteract that though. I also tend to "treat" myself with food, and I need to break that positive, reward association.

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and try to eat well: vegetarian, with fish allowed ( I stopped eating meat because I don't like the texture) but I don't eat it all that often. Trying not to snack mindlessly.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am aware that this is a lifelong change, and have committed to it. I am aware that I feel significantly better all day when I work out, and that I feel very sluggish when I don't eat right (but the eating part is much harder for me to change).

Anything else you would like to share with us: My mom has stuggled with her weight my whole life, and was just told by her doctor that she really needed to lose. I would love to show her that I have taken charge and that she doesn't need to worry about me having the same problems.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 185/185/130

First name (if you want to tell): Crystal

Geographical location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Marital Status: Common Law

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Two cats named MacKenzie and Chloe

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Movies, Television, Pets, Writing, Cooking

Height: 5'5.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Febuary 13th, 2006

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The biggest hurdle for me will be to stick to it even though my boyfriend keeps bringing awful food into the house. He's becoming more aware that I need to make this change for my health.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:57 AM   #216  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

First name (if you want to tell): Tish

Geographical location: Hackensack, NJ

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: No pets.. I used to have some fish, but they slowly died off... something about them not being able to breathe..?

Hobbies/Interests: I like reading, computers, sleeping, Law & Order: SVU, South Park, Family Guy, The Boondocks, and if you can find me an equally offensive/incredibly funny show, I'm sure I'll like that too.

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It's been an ongoing thing, you know? I first REALLY started working out when I moved to NJ from the Virgin Islands two years ago, but that stopped as I got a full time job. I haven't officially started up yet, but I'm gonna say the start of February to be on the safe side.

Starting Weight: 343

Present Weight: I'm at 321 now. I got down to about 296 or something when I was working out two years ago, but that weight slowly came back on. Atleast I didn't regain ALL of it, right?

Goal Weight: Right now it's 200. I haven't been under 250 since like junior high school.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting out of bed and exercising. That and stop relying on the convenience of fast food, and find healthier, cheaper alternatives. Another problem is that I've never been a big eater, I just make the wrong choices when I DO eat. I tried a modified 3 hour diet before and had success, but eating that often was more of a bother to me. I'm the type of person that would go all day without eating something, then at 9 at night decide to go get some McDonald's or something equally fattening, then drift right off to sleep or something like that. I still find myself doing that to this day, and it's hard to break the habit. Even harder since I work 4p-12a, so I sleep during the day then at night at about 8 or so we're ordering out for dinner.

Following any specific plan: Nerp, not at the moment. When I do get my head on straight, I plan to do a combination of some things. I found a couple months ago, that eating every 2-3 hours actually let me lose a few pounds in a few days. So maybe a really modified version of the 3 hour diet. Maybe with Slim Fast?

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I realize that I'm holding myself back from having a life by being overweight. I mean, I've been told that I carry my weight well since I'm fairly tall, but the fact that I'm carrying the weight at all has ALWAYS held me back from feeling "equal". I've always gotten the dreaded "you have such a pretty face" line far too much. I know you shouldn't plan to do all these things when you lose weight, but I truly feel when I do lose the weight I won't magically be outgoing, but atleast I'd feel like people aren't looking at me and secretly worrying about being eaten or something

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nerp, just damn glad to be here, Bob! Back to you guys in the studio
Old 02-16-2006, 04:11 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 229/224.5/160

Red face

First name (if you want to tell):

Geographical location: Oregon

Occupation: Community Development Representative for a Financial Institution

Pets: Felix the Cat!

Hobbies/Interests: Saving to buy a house, ummm....just graduated from college, I need to find more mature hobbies that boozing and hooking up with Football players :-) I'll get back to ou

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October, and I have only lost 5 pounds, talk about being MAD!!!

Starting Weight: 178

Present Weight: 173

Goal Weight: Well, I was 145 a while ago, and looking at those pictures, I would say I looked really good, so I am shooting for that

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE food, I like to go out to eat with friends, I love to cook and bake, and when I get upset, I'm one of those people that eats rather than not eat.

Following any specific plan: I am still on LA Weight Loss, and I learned a lot, but the people @ my center are LAME, and I have only lost 5 pounds, and they aren't very encouraging, so I think that I may just drop it

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have learned a lot about portion size, and eating more veggies

Old 02-16-2006, 04:32 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

First name (if you want to tell): Erin

Geographical location: Tennessee

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: watching sports (especially college basketball), reading, doing anything outside (especially at the beach)

Eye/Hair Color: brown/green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2003

Starting Weight: 286

Present Weight: 169

Goal Weight: 145, but I'll be satisfied with 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: binge eating when I'm mad or sad or bored

Following any specific plan: I'm a calorie counter.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm in final stage of a looooooong weight loss process. Prior to starting in February 2003, I had never made an attempt to lose weight before.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

First name (if you want to tell):Kayley

Geographical location:Southwestern Michigan

Marital Status:Long term relationship.

Children/Ages:NONE!

Occupation:RA in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. I'm also a full time Law student.

Pets:2 cats...Buster and Sassy.

Hobbies/Interests:Music, going to movies, swimming, going to concerts, just being with my b/f.

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color:Blue eyes, and dyed black hair...although I have BAD roots coming in...I'm trying to decide what color to go with next...I've done all different colors/mixtures/patterns...lol

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:I've tried several times, but this time was on December 12th, 2005.

Starting Weight:350 horrid pounds.

Present Weight: 311

Goal Weight:200...by my 21st birthday. I've got about 15 1/2 months!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Everything? Not giving up.

Following any specific plan:South Beach Diet, and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually exercising! And really really trying. This is the time I know I will succeed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I WILL NOT GIVE UP THIS TIME!

Last edited by kayleystar; 02-16-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:35 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

First name (if you want to tell): Mirabelle

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: single. Over v-day, I was discussing with a friend how I just want to have a boyfriend for Friday nights, too busy for one on a regular basis.

Children/Ages: nope

Occupation: college student, childcare coordinator, research assistant, yeah, I work a lot.

Pets: a very stupid, very fat cat

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, magazines, books, travel, especially European travel, literature, journalism, painting, working out

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: just this week, actually. I’ve always watched what I ate but somehow it crept up on me.

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 163, weighed myself this morning, my stomach looked so flat I couldn’t resist checking.

Goal Weight: I don’t know, I just want to wear a size 8, I wear a 10-12 now.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: tendency to obsess and overdue everything, which leads to physical/mental shutdown.

Following any specific plan: Sonoma diet somewhat, just paying attention to portions and following my five day a week gym schedule.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am not going to starve myself, I will eat healthily and not obsess. Counting bones is not pretty, fairly slim and in shape is.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #221  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

First name (if you want to tell): LJ

Geographical location: Boston, MA

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Astrology, Palmistry, Tarot, Characterology, Graphology, Forensic Science, Mysteries, Reading, MUSIC, Journal & Letter Writing, Travel, Linguistics & Foreign Languages, Crafts, Maps

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Very Dark Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 15, 2005

Starting Weight: 273

Present Weight: 258

Goal Weight: Not sure; American size 10 or 12, with muscles!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I dislike routines, fruits, vegetables, and telling myself 'no'

Following any specific plan: I am not on any sort of official diet or exercise plan. I have my own little thing where I gradually ease into a healthier lifestyle -- I began walking to work last month, then I added weights to my walk, now I am starting yoga and a food log. My next step will be to go dancing once a week, and that is as far in the future as I am willing to plan out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have been sticking to my plans enough that I have little successes, and the achievementsgive me the belief in myself to continue.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope to start school this fall and eventually major in Linguistics.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 196/156/150

First name (if you want to tell): Sandy

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: married 6.5 years

Children/Ages:3 boys Bradon 5 Cameron 4 and Ethan 18 months

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, working out, watching tv , sewing

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2005

Starting Weight: 196

Present Weight: 156

Goal Weight: Well my first goal is 150 but I plan on reassessing when I get there

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The hardest part was actually be real with myself to start this. I knew I could do it as I had lost weight int he past but never the amount that I was up against. It was a battle of the mind to stop convinceing myself I didn't have the time..Needless to say I am making the time and I want to pat my old self on the back for actually doing it!

Following any specific plan: based on weight watchers...basically lower calories, better carbs, lower fat diet..how's that?

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Well for starters I have stuck with it waaaay longer. The longest I ever stayed on a diet was about 1.5 months and second runner up was probably 3 days. I am excerising and I have educated myself more on how my body works.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #223  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

First name (if you want to tell): Jen

Geographical location: Colorado
Marital Status: Not married, but I have had a cabana boy for 1.5 years

Children/Ages: Someday, but not today (EEK!)

Occupation: Super senior, supervisor for ice arena, Clear Channel intern

Pets: my fat old cat, Puck

Hobbies/Interests: Music FREAK. The outdoors, concerts...

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:March 10, 2004

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 134

Goal Weight: 130 (I was there not that long ago...)
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not sabatoging myself
Following any specific plan: lots and lots and lots of fruit and vegetables. Watchin' those simple carbs.
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hormonal imbalance... and, uh, appetite imbalance!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #224  
Oohh Ooh WORK IT WORK IT.

Unhappy

First name (if you want to tell): Lala

Geographical location: Chi-town , IL.

Marital Status: I love my baby kurby

Pets: nothing just my lil bro'

Hobbies/Interests: Listening to music... going out with my girls... being with my man... cooking and just having a good time basically when i can and i'm in the mood =/

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2005... but this time itz foreal lol... so Feb. 2006 it is

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 260

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I get lazy and say imma go to the gym and most of the time i dont end up going because 1.. i'm lazy or 2 my friend isn't able to go with me sooooo.... main thing would be that i dont wanna go alone =(

Following any specific plan: na just eat better.... not eat after 7 and excercise everyday =D

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm gaining and had gained like 60 poundz since last january and now i'm at a breakin point that i just need to because i get down when i got shopping because **** dont fit me no more =[

Anything else you would like to share with us: na thatz it....
Old 02-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #225  
soon to be skinny ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

First name (if you want to tell): Cara

Geographical location: GTA, Ontario, Canada

Marital Status: Single baybeeeee.

Children/Ages: none.

Occupation: I work as a service worker for an organization that assists developmentally challenged adults.

Pets: Dog - Calvin, Cats - Terry and Mortimer.

Hobbies/Interests: I work with youth, I'm a singer/songwriter, I play guitar, I love to shop... eek. *bites fingernails* hah

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes blonde hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Approx. 2 mnths ago. I joined WW in the summer but then went on hiatus because I couldn't afford it.

Starting Weight: The highest weight I was ever at was 285 lbs. in 2001. When I joined WW in August I was 252.

Present Weight: 228 lbs.

Goal Weight: Not sure exactly...

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional healing. Also, I have never been a "normal" weight. I don't even know what that feels like.

Following any specific plan: I'm basically doing WW Core plan. No refined carbs or sugars, lots of veggies and protein, water, exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I desired to lose weight but I didn't think I could actually do it. It seemed like an impossible task. I am more focused this time. I know that the weight holds me back from living my life to the fullest, and I am not willing to settle for mediocre anymore. I realize I don't have "the future" anymore. I have to do this now, or never really live. Also, I have the motivation of a few health scares that have come up in the last couple of months. ALSO (heh), I am older now and more independent. In the past, my family would unknowingly sabotage my efforts to lose weight. Now I can prepare my own meals and shop for my own foods.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited to connect with a group of such supportive, caring people I look forward to sharing my experiences with you guys and helping you all out, too!
Closed Thread