Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut View Post
I did the opposite of staying on plan this week...ugh.
Same here! Ugh! This week will be better though, right?
Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg View Post
Yes! *inspiring music plays in the background of a workout montage*
Old 07-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #243  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Bleh...pretty crappy week, but considering the fact that I'm on TOM and just spent a weekend visiting a friend with plenty of booze and debauchery, I really can't complain.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

I've just joined! I hope I've entered my data correctly and am not messing up the system. Good luck everyone. :-)
Old 07-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

Ergh! Only managed to lose 0.25lb this week wtf. I did overeat my calories twice however I made sure to work out enough to burn it off... however TOM is round the corner so it's probably bloating and water retention. Gehh.. hopefully next week will be better!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg
Yes! *inspiring music plays in the background of a workout montage*
Oh I need that inspiring workout montage so badly! I am mortified. After being super-proud of myself for week 1 and saying no to biscuits and cake - I totally lost it last week and ate EVERYTHING that was offered. As a result I've GAINED nearly 4lb this week. Ugh, I really thought I'd managed to get out of the 140s for good, but alas no, I have no self control and have jumped (or rather plodded) totally back there.

Quiet Ballerina I'm doing the Spartan Sprint in July - it's pretty similar to Tough Mudder but not quite as tough. It's only 5K, but I'm still absolutely petrified about it! Need to step up the training I think. :-/

Last edited by themilesawaygirl; 07-02-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #247  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
Bleh...pretty crappy week, but considering the fact that I'm on TOM and just spent a weekend visiting a friend with plenty of booze and debauchery, I really can't complain.
You won't be saying that shortly...
Old 07-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #248  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Week 2 results everyone! I won't be able to post week 3s results next Monday as I'll be sunning myself in Menorca. So you'll have to hang tight until I get back on Friday 13th! Please be careful with the spreadsheet when I'm gone, I won't be able to monitor it as I won't have the internet.

The spreadsheets I use to compile the charts are available to view via the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet. See how close you were to making the top 20!

Challenge Chart

Week 2 Chart

Overall Chart

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-02-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #249  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
As a result I've GAINED nearly 4lb this week. Ugh, I really thought I'd managed to get out of the 140s for good, but alas no, I have no self control and have jumped (or rather plodded) totally back there. it's pretty similar to Tough Mudder but not quite as tough. It's only 5K, but I'm still absolutely petrified about it! Need to step up the training I think. :-/

Speaking of Tough Mudders, I'm supposed to be doing one in October. Starting to seriously regret that particular decision, but even if I crawl to the finish line I'll be there Did a 5k mud run, kicked my butt. yikes. Need to figure out a creative way to carry water with me on it.

Plus a not so great (at all) last week, Going to be needing that workout montage!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

On paper it appears I'm doing badly, but I assure you fine people that I'm actually losing inches (Tiny, small increments of inches lol). I'm still adjusting from starting weight lifting and switching from low carb to calorie counting (While trying to stay low carb).

This weekend was pretty bad though, so I'm hoping it doesn't mess me up too much for the rest of the week.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #251  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

AhHH. Im going the wrong way!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Woo, I made it onto the top 20 last week! So motivating
Old 07-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #253  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

While I'm not even close to the top 20, I'm glad the weight is going off. Slowly.

I have to be honest *every* summer I lose weight... since I was probably in junior high. Then, every winter I'll gain it all back (most of the time +some). I've never reached my healthy BMI range, the smallest I remember the scale being was in high school at 135. (My BMI is 98-128)

Every summer since I can remember I've gone on this "TIME TO LOSE WEIGHT AND DO IT!" Thing. I've done Atkins (which was life threatening to me), I've done fasts, I've done the deal a meal diet, I've done so many diets I lost count! I've done so many work out routines and ideas: Tae bo, Jillian Micheal's, Yoga, Pilates, sports, Zumba, Running, joining a dance group (belly dancing is pretty fun actually), working out 20 minute EVERY day to working out 2-3 hours a week doesn't matter when.

I've discovered the best way for me to lose weight and stick to it. Calorie counting with simply working out 3 times a week. Whatever work out I feel like and volleyball in the park with friends counts. That's what I'm doing this summer. Only difference is I'm JUST calorie counting for now and not beating myself up if I slip a little and eat a burger instead of a salad.

I'm hoping this time it works and I can stick with it. I think that's what I need, a plan I can live by instead of something for someone who has a lot of time on their hands. I also can't give up certain foods. I don't have to eat these EVERY DAY but I can't take them off the menu for life. I just can't.

I've also recently discovered a thyroid issue my doctor has me medicated for, I know that is helping this round of weight loss. Because so far, I haven't been giving it my all like I usually do. So far, I just try to stick with my calorie range calculated by myfitnesspal.com If I work out, I usually do eat more and just keep the number green. I have gone over, a lot. I don't stress the health part. I do lean towards fruits versus candy, water versus soda, but I don't focus on that, and I'm losing. Is it wrong for some reason I feel guilty? Like YAY! Weight loss!? But... how am I earning this? I figured if I go to a platue I can maybe step it up, but for now... maybe this is a good thing?

*ANYWAY*

Daki I know how that is. The scale won't move, that's why I mark measurements as well. It's almost more thrilling when inches are gone, Then you can feel like people will SEE the weight loss. Either way, good job!

Kay7jay I love your avatar. I also want to complete the C25K and maybe be brave enough to actually participate in a marathon. So far, I'm not brave enough to even run in public. >< (I bought a treadmill because I loathe working out in front of people).

Riestrella Have fun while you're gone!

Em123
I've certainly has small gains even though the math said it should be a loss. TOM has a way with screwing us, also some weeks I do it all right and get a no loss or a gain, then the next week is a DROP. Good luck
Old 07-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #254  
Fellow cyster!

S/C/G: 170/170/150

Height: 5'10"

Ugh this week sucked! And for no reason! My TOM ended late last week, so I'm hoping my weight gain from that will drop soon. But it hasn't yet. I've been following my amylose-free diet to a T (okay, 95% but that's pretty darn close to perfect) for almost a month now, which as been a pain in the you-know-where. But I'm proud I've really stuck to a regimen completely for more than a week. We'll see if I can adhere to it during this 4th of July week. I'm sure I can, this thread has got me motivated!

And drinking has finally taken it's toll on me. I don't drink very often, but when I do, I usually end up going a little overboard (which happened Saturday). Even though it's not super-excessive, I ALWAYS get hangovers now(even if I have 2 beers) and my hangover cravings are RIDICULOUS. I don't think I can even call them cravings, it's more like necessities. I always need the saltiest fattiest foods imaginable after I drink. I NEED it. And these cravings don't go away now for a few days...like I have a neverending hangover that can only be quenched with an unlimited supply of hamburgers and french fries! I didn't give in this time, and I was miserable. But hopefully my waistline will benefit!

Okay, I'm done ranting
Old 07-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

woot woot top 5 overall that makes me want to really push it!!! Love this contest! Congrats girls!
Closed Thread