Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #226  
Fellow cyster!

S/C/G: 170/170/150

Height: 5'10"

kurisitaru: OMG the weather is KILLING me. Conveniently, the air conditioning in my apartment building went out last week. It has been LITERALLY (no exaggeration at all) 90 DEGREES in my apartment! 90!!!! Arghhhh!! I am dying!

My friends and I were talking about going to Jazz in the Park that next week...I'll never ever go. No way. I can't believe that happened. So sad.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #227  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Jazz in the park is actually chill lax. A lot of people set up volley nets or games. It's really nice. (I also toked it up as everyone was fleeing the park and the cops were a little more occupied... love Denver and their non-caring ways).
To be honest, this is the first time it happened and if they have it again on Sunday, I bet it will be so guarded that it wouldn't happen again. I'm surprised a huge crime like that even happened in such a crowded area.

OH! But if you're into poetry (and I wasn't until this gem of a discovery) there is a coffee spot on 21st and California called the Mercury cafe, Sunday night is slam night. It's free with a recommended donation of $5 and the coffee is reasonable price. (Also, after 11 or so, the baked goods all go on sale). I LOVE the poetry here and I am NOT a poetry fan. It's AWESOME! You should consider it next time you're looking for something Denver like to do. I really recommend it.

How are we all on TOM at the same time? o.O That's so weird... I mean I heard of sinking with friends but we haven't had this thread open THAT long. o.O
Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #228  
Fellow cyster!

I went last year and it was...alright. I see many of the people who come to my center to donate there (and they aren't the best characters). But my sister plays volleyball there all the time. It all depends on which area you're in! lol.

I have been to Mercury Cafe! Love it!

I was unaware that having a chat thread with other women online induced menses...lol
Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

Philana- I have heard about the zombie run thing, it seems like they are doing them in every city! Thats cool that you did it.

Kuris- I don't have ac either. Though honestly this heat doesn't feel that bad to me, without the humidity it's not terrible. And it gets so cool at night! I heard that happened at Jazz in the Park! So crazy that you were there. I was there a couple weeks ago, glad I wasn't there this time. I was talking to someone I work with who said that JitP has gotten really sketchy in the last few years and she refuses to go anymore, which really surprised me. I think you're right though, I bet they will crack down and have crazy security next week. DUDE my new coworker/friend does poetry slam stuff, not sure if that's where he goes or not.

Oh right, weight loss. My weight for monday was actually up this week 132.5, but today I finally broke through my 132 plateau that I've been at for the last few weeks, at 130.5. I'm just hoping it sticks!!!

And I finally joined a gym this week! Too hot for running but now I have no excuse not to work out.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Tiger View Post
Philana- I have heard about the zombie run thing, it seems like they are doing them in every city! Thats cool that you did it.
Actually, I think Philana is talking about the app for your phone Zombies, Run! The thing you are talking about (I think) is the Run For Your Lives zombie obstacle 5K. Which I really, really wanna do very badly but I want to be able to RUN first hehe. Currently walking/running 2.5 miles in 30 minutes.. so I'm almost there

I'm gunna try out the Zombies, Run! app on Friday when my gym partner can't make it
Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #231  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Do you have to have a phone with an internet plan to play the Zombies game? Because I have an iPod touch but I can't get internet on it while I'm on a run =(.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #232  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I lOVE noodles and company... my favorite (the truffle mac) reg is about 1200 calories....

T.T

This is so sad for me. (eating half would certainly cut it in half... but still...)

ANYWAY

Zombie run?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 302/234/175ish

Height: 5'7"

Finally added in my goal.. I chose to make it 30lbs, which I think is do-able, especially if I kick up the exercising, which I started doing this week. So far since beginning this weight loss/new lifestyle, I've mostly just majorly adjusted my food intake and for exercise have been walking 3-6 times a week. I've been sick the last few weeks and only walked 1-3 times each week, but this week I've been walking every day and started jogging a little, and I'm working on incorporating some strength training. I think I'm going to start doing pilates to see how I like it.
I'm going to South Florida and Key West in September. I lived in FL for a few years and was embarassed when I went back to visit in January looking like so much of a blob. I'd really like for there to be an obvious difference in my size when I go see everyone again, PLUS I want to feel a lot better about myself so I can have a good time! So I'm definitely going to be working on doing more exercise in preparation for the trip!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #234  
I can do hard things.

S/C/G: 310/ticker,baby/160

I was going to skip my run today but found this challenge and changed my my mind. Now I can run and brainstorm all the naughty things I can be when I finish this challenge and Halloween is here!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

I did the opposite of staying on plan this week...ugh.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #236  
Fellow cyster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
I lOVE noodles and company... my favorite (the truffle mac) reg is about 1200 calories....
OMG the truffle Mac and cheese is heaven on earth! Especially with the Parmesan crusted chicken! *drool*

Speaking of zombies, that Miami face eater was NOT on bath salts! The only drug in his system was marijuana. I KNEW HE WAS A LEGIT ZOMBIE! lol
Old 06-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Zombies do motivate me to run faster. :P There was a Zombie Run here in March, but it was so expensive, I didn't do it. I heard that it was AWESOME from my friends who did though!

I'm a tiny bit worried this morning - I weighed myself to see what the damage was of not counting calories this week before my "official" weigh in tomorrow, but I weighed in at 181.8. Um...what? Last week I was 186.4. Two weeks ago, 190.4. I didn't even work out this week. I didn't go crazy with food or anything, I just didn't count, but I'm sure I went over on my calories. The only thing I could think of that's different is this week I have a cold. But no way that's the reason for me to drop like that....should I be a little worried? I'm running a 10K on Tuesday and I'm afraid I'm somehow super dehydrated or something.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 198/180.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Default I Hope I did it Right

I put in my starting weight. When I weigh myself on Monday which column will I put it in? Sorry, don't mean to be a pain.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

TheRainFalls The columns are dated. You aren't a pain for asking questions! Silly.

Daki Those look like SO much fun! I'm with you--I'd love to do one when I can actually run. The tough mudder also looks like so much fun!!

Rie I had the same question! I only have an ipod touch too.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 198/180.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Thank You! Everyone here is so nice!
Closed Thread