Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

hey everyone! just finished a 20 minute run and it felt good! the first 5 minutes i thought i'd die, and the last 5 minutes i got a terrible stitch under my ribs, but managed to finish my 20 minute goal. i hope to get back on plan next week, to start week 8...

Angel's Dust chest pains? yikes! do you think you should see a dr? it is awesome tho that you feel the "need" to run! these last two weeks of laziness made me realize that i was actually missing running, which is so strange for me to believe...i used to HATE running...

rocketbunny i hear ya on the fitness level thing. back on week one, when i couldn't finish my last interval. what was it? like 60 or 90 seconds? and now i can run 20 minutes straight! it's a HUGE improvement in a relatively SHORT amount of time.

talina and utgirl hi! i don't know if i've said welcome, but welcome and keep up the good work! it's incredible how quickly your body will adapt to running, even when it feels impossibel

skinnycow WELCOME! let us know how your first run goes!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #257  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

My friend and I met up at the park again this morning for W6D3. We jogged the 1.27 mile loop and then around one of the ponds. There were tons of soccer players out. It was already sunny, but the angle of the sun meant there was plenty of shade. The cool breeze was nice.

It's amazing how fast these runs are going now. The first half of the 25 minute run was gone almost before I'd warmed up. The second half felt a little longer, but I had no problem keeping my legs going until Ullrey said it was time to stop. Other than that one run a few weeks ago, Lucy-dog has had no problems whatsoever. I just wish I could get her to stop barking and lunging at other dogs on the trail.

On to Week 7!

Skinnywish - Yay! Glad you're back at it and feeling good!

Last edited by rocketbunny; 05-30-2009 at 01:24 PM.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 148/139/130

Height: 5'7"

I just got done with W1D1! I've been doing 30DS for over a week, so my body was feeling pretty good in general. I found the first workout fairly easy. I was sweating like a pig, but I wasn't out of breath or anything. I think I'm going to do this in addition to 30DS because they work very different muscles.
StarCarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:32 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

I did w3d1 today. At first I thought it would be hard, but I got through that first 3 minute run fairly easily. It surprised me, I thought I would barely make it. Then when I got to the second interval of 90 seconds, it was a breeze! I had to push through the second 3 minute interval though, but I made it. I have been using Robert Ulrey's podcasts, but I am thinking of changing it up a bit. I don't really like techno, but I like his encouragement and tips. I downloaded another week 3 podcast and will use it on Tuesday to see if I like it.

StarCarly - Good Luck with the program. I have been thinking of starting 30 day shred myself. I want to do both together as well.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #260  

I'm in the homestretch.

Feels like it at least. After having been up half the night (til 3am) on a work project, I was worried that the run wouldn't go very well.

Well, it was no problem. The sun was on it's way down when I left the apartment at 7:30. It was actually *cool* with a nice breeze. W7D1 down.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #261  

rocketbunny good work! i'm jealous that it's feeling easy for you!

utgirl sounds like you're going strong!

starcarly welcome!

after my 22 min wednesday and my 20 min friday, (also yoga on thursday) i did the Slim in 6 video that my sister in law had yesterday. ouch! my run today did not go so well...i had to stop and walk after 10 minutes for a couple of minutes, ran a few more, walked a few more, then finished running for 20 min total. i felt like i was gonna die!!

hopefully it was sore legs from the video still (that thing hurts!) and i know i didn't drink enough water today...

back at it wednesday!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:10 AM   #262  
Saving Myself

S/C/G: 199.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't done w6d1 again. It's been a busy week. My friend's close friend died and it was also her birthday this weekend. I'm very sore today because of all the gardening I did yesterday. Might be better tomorrow. If so, I'll try to do a run. It's so hot here right now and I'm stuck either doing it at 7am or 10pm. I'm not a morning person.
Angel's_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

Onto week 4. I think this is the first one that will really push me, so hopefully I can get over that. It's exciting and scary at the same time to realize that the end of next week is a 20 minute run.

I learned how to use audacity, and have been making my own podcasts for running. I'm definitely motivated by music, and I find my pace is faster if I'm using my music vs someone else's. I'm sure I'll slow down considerably this week though.
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #264  

Week 3 day 2 done! Today I actually used a heart rate monitor which I have not yet used. I found climbing the hills get my heart rate up much higher than jogging. I don't know what my heart rate was starting out, but I do believe it is not beating as fast as it was in the beginning. I still hate the hills (now I know why) but I am getting better at them. I can run up them now, whereas before I would pause the ipod and walk if I was about to do a running interval up a hill. I am seriously thinking of signing up for a 5k now. I will be done with the program mid-July, so I may try to sign up for one around then.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #265  

Got up at 7ish this morning for W7D2. It was overcast and muggy out, so no sunglasses needed. Still a bit of a cool breeze. No problems with the run after I started some light weight lifting last night. Phew! (was really worried about squats screwing up my legs for this morning)

utgirl09 - training with a HRM is really pretty cool. I've been fascinated watching my average HR during my runs drop with each workout. I'm still spending too much time in the "high intensity" category, but slowly dropping towards "medium intensity" (which is where I'd really like my runs to be).

Last edited by rocketbunny; 06-03-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #266  
Ray of Sunshine

S/C/G: 243/241/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey hey, can I join in here? I've just started C25K....today was W1D2. I'm exhausted and my thighs are on fire but I'm not giving up! I'm alternating running on M-W-F with yoga on Sunday and Tuesdays and either strength training at the gym on thursdays. Saturdays are off but we do a lot of hiking etc. so I'm still up and about. To say I'm exhausted is an understatement but if I just push through the next couple of weeks while my system adjusts I think I'll be ok! I am pretty sure I'll be going very slow and repeating weeks but my goal is to run a 5K in the fall.

YogaGal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 190/187/150

just wanted to offer encouragement and congrats for all the hardworking c25k ladies. I did the program earlier this year- i've gone from panting through week 1 and dealing with shin splints to running 3-4 miles straight. it works, stick with it!

Last edited by lobon; 06-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.
lobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #268  

W3D3 done. I cannot believe how easy it was! I am spending the weekend out of town ( going to Cedar Point!) so I won't do week 4 until either Sunday night or Monday, depends on when I get home Sunday. I am a bit nervous about the 5 minute run, but then again I never thought I would be able to do the 3, and I breezed right through it.

Yogagal08- Welcome! Stick with it! If you do have to repeat weeks, don't feel bad about it. I think it is a great program and cannot wait to be finished with it so I can get on the nice runs in the evening!

Lobon- Thanks for the encouragement. I cannot wait to be where you are at.

Rocketbunny - It really is fascinating to use the HRM. I did notice my heart rate was slightly lower than last time. It just makes me wonder what it was in the beginning. You are getting close to the home stretch. Keep up the awesome work!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #269  

hey ladies!

i did a run last night and did 25 minutes. it felt WAY better than my Monday run...must have just been an off day. i'm not really sure if i'm even following the program anymore, as this week was supposed to be my lst week, but i am not quite there yet.

i have officially registered for my half marathon in october, so that is HUGE motivation to keep running...i'm kind of scared that i won't be able to do it, but my husband has registered as well, so that will help.

not a lot of time for personals right now, but everyone sounds like they are on the right track! and welcome newbies!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #270  
Ray of Sunshine

S/C/G: 243/241/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks! I'm not worried about repeating weeks - I'm shooting for being able to do some 5k charity runs in the fall which gives me plenty of time. I'd rather be safe and slow than blow a shaky knee.
Today is W1D3 for me, I get out of work at 3 and am thinking that I might go do a hot yoga class and then do my run. It's supposed to rain but thats ok, if it rains I'll run in the rain (unless there is lightning in which case I'll run at the gym on a treadmill!) I'm feeling pretty good, my muscle aches from the start of activities are subsiding and I'm excited to get out of my office and move. Today is also day 7 of no smoking and I'm feeling great!
YogaGal08 is offline   Reply With Quote