Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #1  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

Default C25k?

So I just started the 30DS (she is kicking my butt by the way) I was thinking of adding the C25K plan also.

I was just curious has anyone tried it? Have you finished it? Did you have success? Did you lose and weight/inches on it?

Any feedback good or bad would be great!
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I have started it twice now. I love it. It is so empowering. I am a lot leaner when I run, although I do not have EXACT measurements. When I run, I feel better, I look better, my clothes fit better, and that is enough to keep me doing it! I totally recommend it!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #3  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I was also thinking of starting the c25k. I'm thinking of running a half marathon in november and I'm wondering if c25k would be a good way to start training
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I've started it a couple times. I never stick with it more than a few weeks though because of the weather around here. I'm trying to get a gym membership for at least a few months to get a jump start again and then I might be able to do it since I'd have a controlled environment to run in.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Ive started it and then went too fast.. im thinking of starting it again slowly this time.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Going slowly is so important. I tried it for the first time years ago and injured my knee (bad shoes and pushed myself too far.) I restarted last year and completed the program, and I'm running a half marathon soon. It's an amazing program and really works! I credit C25K with teaching me to love running

Just take it slow and repeat weeks if you have to, and don't let week 5 intimidate you.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Guys, I'm doing both 30DS and C25K (I started week 6 today) and I was kind of wondering, would it help to have a thread like the 30DS where we keep up kind of a running log of our progress?
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #8  

i think a C25K thread is a great idea brooksrm! and by the way - congrats on getting to wk 6!

im such a quitter! i really like the program, and i made it to week 3 a couple of times. but i always get lazy... and maybe a little bored.

im def interested in starting up again though. ive always wanted to "be" a runner!
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/206/130

I just started going to the gym again recently. I ran into a girl that I used to see and didnt even know that it was her. I was sort of embarrased because she said hi to me and I didnt even recognize her. She used to be significantly overweight. When we moved beyond recognition, I asked her what she was doing to lose so much weight (she has to be a size 5 or 6). She said that C25K got her so comfortable and totally into running that she does it everyday. She thought she would never be able to do it and now she does every day! It motivated me to get started. This coming Monday is the day I will start. Good luck
Lovlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #10  
Meow

I am on Week 4 Day 2 (just finished this morning) I can easily run the five minutes that is in it, but I think I need to slow down. I had been running at 6 mph, but I am going to drop that to 5.7 or so because at the end, I was panting pretty hard...
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #11  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm doing it! I have repeated a week or two, because I didn't feel ready to move on. Technically I should be on week 6, but I'm on week 4, working my way up slowly. I agree starting out slow is the best way to do it. I was really gung ho when I started and got shin splints right away...ouch. I run slow at 4.6 mph because I'm still terribly out of shape, but I think C25k to supplement a strength program like 30DS is great. 30DS will be great because it will strengthen your leg muscles... I have a DVD that is divided into upper body and lower body work outs and since supplement c25k with my DVD, I notice I can run a lot longer because I'm building the muscle in my legs.

Anyway, if you have any inclination to run, do it! I love the way it makes me feel. Right now I have been limited to the gym treadmill because of the weather, but when it's nice out, there is nothing like running outside. It's awesome. I love the feeling! And it definitely helps me shed the weight/inches.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #12  
hittin the trail in 2009

S/C/G: 148/127/123

I'm encouraged to hear that c25k is getting such good recommendations... I've been thinking about giving it a try. I just feel so BORED getting on the treadmill lately lol, maybe a structured program like c25k will give me something to work towards.
MtnChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #13  

I started out listening to Robert Ulrey's (sp?) podcasts because of the run/walk prompts, but when the running got longer I switched over to my own music to keep me going and to keep me from getting bored. The last day on week 5 was the worst so far, that was a 20 minute run and I thought I was going to die. I found ONE song on my playlist that day that I was in the mood to run to and I swear I listened to that song like 8 times.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #14  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Did day 2 today. I feel awesome. I haven't ran in years. I didn't think I could. I was pretty terified of it. But I can do it and I feel good doing it and I'm pushing myself more each day when I'm doing it.
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #15  

Keep going! I'm doing mine on Wed, Fri, and Sun so I'll be running tomorrow. Sometime's it's hard for me not to want to run faster or farther at the end of my workout but what's working for me is to just stick with the program so I don't get burned out on it.