UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 02:01 AM   #151  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Hi, from the voice of doom again LOL

Maintaining????, well I have tried to do it once or twice. It is SOOOOOO hard as when you are dieting you know you are dieting and what you should be eating etc. When you are at the weight you want to be (and I haven't been there often!!) its like you have been let out of a cage in an unknown land and you think to yourself, well, which way do I go now???? I think maintaining is harder than dieting as obviously you allow yourself a little more. With me, once I started to do that it all ended in tears.

Depressing again, sorry, but that's what happened with me. Anyone else??

The way things are going here, if I don't get my butt into gear, I'll never need to maintain again. Even with counting cals I don't really seem to be getting anywhere. Its the booze this time, I managed to conquer that before mom was taken ill. I found it so hard to do and now I have to do it all over again. I only have a couple of drinks each night but it just becomes a habit.

I have tried the step video. It is so hard. I am so out of condition not having done anything for about 6 weeks. All I could manage was about 10 mins, but that, I think is better than nothing.

Sarah, still have your add and will get the rebounder stuff to you just as soon as I can - I promise!! I'm not sure if any of the other girls found it useful, not from an exercise point of view, more from the aspect of what rebounding can do for you.

Weigh in tonight - I'll be back.

Old 04-17-2002, 03:00 AM   #152  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Jan - your experience of 'maintaining' is exactly the same as mine - but I don't want to go through all this hard work again in a couple of years time so I have got to figure out some kind of plan... but I haven't got a clue what! My sense of quantity on food is awful and I sometimes think I will need to measure everything and count calories for the rest of my life....

Jan - I'll look forward to receiving the rebounder stuff - but there is no hurry, especially while this weather stays so nice and I am getting out and about a lot. About the booze.... you can beat it - you did it before - just make sure you have got an alternative special drink you can have instead.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:03 AM   #153  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Default Maintaining Weight

The last time I got to target weight (1987-10st 7lb) I managed to keep within my target range of 7lb until 1994. I did go over this at times after holidays etc but got back to the same old boring calorie counting and sure enough i would be back at target, some times were easier than others and sometimes it was very hard but I loved being slim more than overeating!!

I used to eat /drink whatever I wanted from Friday evening to Sunday evening and stick to a healthy eating plan from Mon to Thurs. I got weighed once a week and if the scales were up my weekend wasn't as free as usual.

I did a lot of exercise too ! One of the major factors in keeping my weight off has to be that I worked for the diet industry and was a group leader for Slimming Magazine Clubs, weighing in up to 300 women a week. It was a good incentive for keeping the weight off, however I was very much a Human being and shared my trials of life each week with my members, I put the success of myself/my members down to this, it aint easy and no one is perfect....I have tried many times and failed

The losing weight is the easy part because we have a plan to follow, target is trial and error but you will all find your own way. We cant go thru life with food jornal in hand, i am going to have a week or two of experimenting but will probably go back to my old routine, it worked before!!

Enjoy the journey...it is the most enjoyable part as you will be reaching a wonderful destination, and I know cos if I can do it anyone can!!
Old 04-17-2002, 03:09 AM   #154  

i cant even worry about maintaining yet , losing it is a hard enough struggle one step at a time for me, ive only got little legs
Old 04-17-2002, 03:23 AM   #155  

BritinNJ BLACKPOOL???? If you win the big lottery we'll all come over to america and live with you you won't be able to get rid of us!
Old 04-17-2002, 10:06 PM   #156  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Bum Didn't win the lottery although three people did and one of them is in NJ. Maybe I'll go hunt them down and ask for a ticket to Blackpool?
Old 04-18-2002, 01:51 AM   #157  
Pending Email Confirmation

What about the begging letters LOL
Old 04-18-2002, 05:09 AM   #158  
Consistency + Balance

TQ - what made you stop being a diet group leader? I have always liked the idea of doing something like that. I also like the way you maintained your weight when you were at goal - I think it is probably about the most sensible suggestion I have heard so far. I am quite happy on my current 1750 cals a day during the week but not having to worry about what I am eating at the weekends would be ideal because that's when I suffer the most at the moment.

I think I will make a couple of permanent life changes though, the first is that I am going to give up booze for ever - I had a very small glass of wine last night and all my fingers are swollen up and tingly this morning and I feel a bit like I have got flu - this happens every time I have any alcohol nowadays - which is a shame because I really enjoy a glass or two. The other thing is that I will definitely keep up the exercise, it makes me feel so much better - not just physically but mentally as well.

THAT wedding.... does anyone remember my friend Adelle and her strange wedding plans.... well finally the invitations have arrived and there is no mention about having to wear any strange clothes... yippee!!! Kevin's best man so he's still stuck with wearing top hat and tails though! She put a slip of paper in with the invitation saying we can choose a present for them from a list she has given to Argos! What happened to the days when we were all able to put a bit of thought in to buying the perfect present to express our friendship for people??

Anyway... I'm off to do a little shopping ... on eBay of course!
Old 04-18-2002, 08:46 AM   #159  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I had to resign when pregnant as I had pre eclampsia. I did intend going back after my baby was born, but it didn't work out as I had no babysitter and couldnt take the baby along.
I rejoined the local slimming mag.club immediately but the lunchtime session closed and there was no way i was dragging harry out in the evening when he was bathed and ready for the cot.
I really missed it because I enjoyed it and it had been a big part of my life.However i needed help myself so didnt think I could be much of a motivator.
So here i am 6 and a half years later, still struggling but getting there!!!
We are all going to get there ............because we can !!
Old 04-18-2002, 09:15 AM   #160  
Consistency + Balance

I can clearly remember the last time I stopped being thin.

I met Kevin when I weighed somewhere about 8-9 stones (too thin for my height) - I gained about stone over the first three months of us being together (still a bit thin). Then, three months after he moved in, he got temporarily transferred to another part of the country with his work and I went with him for a few days and ended up working with him and staying in a beautiful 17th Century posting inn near Stratford Upon Avon for the next six months before the company made the transfer permanent. Six months of hotel food....and drink.... I gained half a stone each month that we stayed there! No bathroom scales.... Free food..... Free drink...... No hassle of preparing stuff - just ring that bell and whatever I wanted just appeared within minutes, usually on a silver tray and always delivered by someone with a smile.... The worst had to be the gooey chocolate gateau they had sitting in the fridge each week, especially for me! (Which I ate every night - warm with double cream!)

On the first anniversary of him moving in with me we got married and I weighed about 12.5 to 13 stones - probably the about the same as I do now. I got such a shock when I bought my wedding dress - I had this mental image of being about a size 12 to 14... not a 16 to 18! I haven't really been able to shift it ever since. I have had times when I have dieted and lost 2-3 stones but it has never stayed off, in fact it always slips quietly back on bringing extra with it.

This time is definitely different - I don't feel negative about it like I normally do - by this time on a diet I used to be saying 'Why me?' and 'Its not fair' and 'I never really overeat' or even 'I'm doing all the right things but I just can't lose it' - I am completely sure that this time is different because of the support I get here.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:26 AM   #161  
Consistency + Balance

Ooohhhh!!!! A bit of excitement.... does anyone fancy being on TV?

A researcher for LWT has contacted me - click on this link to go to the thread which explains it.

CLICK HERE
Old 04-18-2002, 02:12 PM   #162  
Theres no stopping me now

Hello remember me ??????

I returned from the wilds of Northumberland a week ago and can't believe I haven't caught up with up all in that time. I need to get back into the swing of this and get back to the heathly eating and the walking

First things first. I had an absolutely brilliant holiday. The caravan park was right on beach, the weather was dry and reasonably warm for April so I even came back with a hint of colour about me. We did nothing the whole time we were away. The part of the country I was in has lots of historical stuff and lots of beautiful interesting villages and coastline - we never left the site. All we did was take the kids to the beach, to play on the sand or climb on the rocks and even paddle - in April. The rest of the time we spent in the swimming pool washing the sand off the kids - it really was amazing.

The site provided entertainment but because it was early in the season it was bingo bingo or bingo. We had a laugh and managed to win a fiver, which brought the kids crisps. Between the bingo games there was dancing for the kids and me & Linda were up doing all the kids dances, superman, I am the music man and even the conga. definately had a laugh and will definately be going there again

Ray has found a job. A very low paid job but it is better than nothing but he is already talking about moving on to something else - to be honest we can't survive on what he is making and he isn't enjoying it. he used to be a scaffolder and is talking about goin gback to it - temporarily - I need to make sure it is only temp - don't want him throwing away everthing he has learned over the last few years.

I have changed jobs. I still work for the same company but am now working in the Business Transformation project on a fulltime basis. Is hard work and busy but should settle down in a few weeks and I'll catch back up with my posting.

The eating is doing not bad but my exercise is non existent. Not even managing to walk at lunchtime in my new job.

Need to go as the dinner is burning - will come back soon, you can bank on it
Old 04-18-2002, 02:26 PM   #163  

carol great to see you again

im glad things have improved for you at home, at least youve got a man that isnt to proud to take anything, some men would just sit at home and wallow in it

will catch up when you have more time for posting

take care xxx
Old 04-19-2002, 03:14 AM   #164  
Consistency + Balance

Lovely to hear from you Carol, we've been missing you! Your holiday sounds wonderful - peaceful... relaxing...

Kim's right - sounds like you have got yourself a good man there. Your new job sounds interesting, but you ought to make some time for yourself just to get walking about.

Did anyone contact that TV researcher??
Old 04-19-2002, 03:57 AM   #165  

Welcome back Carol

I was tempted to contact the TV researcher but then decided I couldn't live with the embarassment. I remember how Fat Club was edited! Anyone else?
Closed Thread