Old 12-05-2005, 03:52 AM   #121  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default I've finished day 4!!!!

It's kaput. I've done those @@#$%@% crunches in between doing my cardio circuit workout. I think I am going to have to add some more in as 20 doesn't get the abs working like it used to. Maybe another five in the rep and see how that goes.

Stagemom
Well done on getting to the big day - No soda for 21 days.

YEE HAAA

I didn't get to early gym this morning as I simply couldn't be bothered getting out of bed so I did my thing tonight after work.

It's amazing to see so many new people hopping aboard the wagon. We've lost a few but gained lots more. Welcome to all our enthusiastic new people.

I see that at least one of you has given up smoking - eesabella I think. I'm dead proud of you. I gave up 16 years ago. I never want to go back to it although I must admit there are times when a newly opened pack of ciggies smells good. However...... the dirty ashtray definitely does not!!!! and the smell one peoples clothes and breath fair turns me up these days.

Right, well hello to Carla, Red, apple, Silly, Fish, Chai, curly et al. I've gotta go do somethings around the place and a shower would be good. It's bad when you can't even stand yourself.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:15 AM   #122  

Hi guys!
I've been amazingly busy so haven't had time to post, but I am on day 6 and still going strong!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:54 AM   #123  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Day 7 done!!

Hello, all! No time to post now. Just want to say a big congratulations to all who have gotten through another day of success on their challenges! And, stagemom, a big round of applause! Hurrah!!! Hurrah!! Hurrah!! alteon, I have no idea what this is! I think it's cute though. Perhaps it's the Michelin man.... CBETA, you're most welcome. If anything I say is a help then I feel great! You're doing fantastic! Keep up the good work!!...pat...pat...pat

Well, I knocked out my crunches at the gym this morning so Day 7 is done! Also ran 5K! Hurrah for me. Will try to catch up tomorrow. Then it's off to Hong Kong and perhaps sporadic posting while I fight for a terminal and can't really say too much if others are sitting next to me and see me NOT doing racing stuff!

Ok, later!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 AM   #124  

Red, if we don't hear from you for awhile, we'll carry on! Have a great trip!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:07 AM   #125  
Exercise Queen

Abs Day 15
No Chocolate Day 4
No Soda Day 21 Challenge Completed

Goodmorning. I'm going to keep my no soad counter up for awhile, because my goal is to get to Christmas with no soda, so I have 20 more days to go! *sigh* I hope everyone has a great Monday!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:54 AM   #126  
Egy Kis Lany

I did it!! I did it!! I did it!!

That's right, everyone... I -started- my pilates/lifting challenge.

DAY 1 FINISHED!! After getting up early and popping in the DVD,. Hurrah.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #127  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

stage mom! wait & see soda will taste yucky to u now!!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:15 AM   #128  
prepare for the BEST time

I wrote a lovely post, welcoming the new folks and individually congratulating many and told Carla to put her Gazelle with the rebounder......AND MY COMPUTER spit me off line!

grrrrr, annoying......back later.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:05 AM   #129  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day 18 Done!

First and foremost - CONGRATULATIONS to Curly and StageMom for finishing their 21-day challenges! Way to go ladies

Wow! We have so many new people posting here! I don't get online over the weekend and came back to 5 pages of posts! Welcome one and all!

Let's see. Today I am working on day 19 of ACE. It *should* be day 20, but somehow yesterday turned into a pizza and red wine binge. I ended up eating over 2200 calories. But, I am back on track today. I am scared to get on the scale tomorrow, and I think I may have to move my tracker back up a pound or so, but I am determined to get to 135 before my cruise. I have 34 days in which to do this.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #130  

Hey ya'll

I haven't been on this board for awhile. I completed a 21 day no soda challenge back in September.

I got a little too confident in myself and I thought I could continue on my own. Silly me.

It's easy to control sodas in the house when hubby is working out of town, but then he came back home (very dramatic music in the background), and the sodas came back home too.

Such is life and I have to learn to deal with what ever comes and not use (insert whatever event you like) as an excuse to fail at my weight loss goals.

I am back and ready to go!!

Anyway, I am starting a new no regular soda challenge.

Tina
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #131  

Day 5 SWN, Day 4 WALK, done!
I love walking. I wish I had time to do more.
CBETA, your mushroom hunt sounded like a lot of fun! I didn't know there were mushrooms out at Ft Ross. Were thet morrells? I love those. Yum. I would love to be able to spend more time out on the coast.
Oh, for Christmas I would like MORE TIME!!!
Anyway, it sounds like you know what to do to succeed! Keep at IT!
Yea Stagemom!!! Congrats on 21 days of no soda!!!
Derry, wow! You've almost made it through that first, most difficult week!!! Way to go!!
Red, don't worry about posting, but do try to read up daily, or you'll fall far behind! We're posting here like mad!!!
Hello to everyone else!!!Keep up the great work!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:45 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Blossom
CBETA, your mushroom hunt sounded like a lot of fun! I didn't know there were mushrooms out at Ft Ross. Were thet morrells? I love those. Yum. .....!!
Not sure how they are called. I believe I've mentioned I have a russian background and we used to pick them there. So when we went we looked for the same ones we knew. I only know their names in russian. But I will try to look for picks, names and translation tonight and will report tomorrow what we saw.
C.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Just a quick note to say that I made it through Day 3 of under 1800 Calories!

Also, the mushroom hunt sounds like so much fun CBETA!! I don't know anyone who has ever done that before!! How do you go about doing that?

Tina - I totally know what you mean about your husband making your diet difficult. It took many tears and fights, but now my boyfriend hides any chocolate he buys!

Have fun in Hong Kong Red!!!

Thanks for the Kudos Shad on quitting!! Right back atcha!! 16 years?!?! I can't wait!

K Bye for now!!
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:56 PM   #134  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh I'm sure you can last for 16 years Eesabella. It's the initial bit that causes the problem, and you are doing it better than me because you are thinking about the weight as well. I didn't do that and consequently to fill the time that used to be taken up with cigs I ate. I think that is the best and the worst of giving up - the sensation of more time. There is a program on the web somewhere which tells you how many cigarettes that you have not smoked and how much money you have saved. One of the ladies on my other thread uses it and she occasionally comes back with the fact that she is 3429 cigs down and has saved $1500 or figures similar to that. If you are interested I can find out what the site is for you.

Cbeta - your mushroom hunt does sound like fun. I knew you were not strictly American but now I know that you are Russian - your English is very, very good. My family used to go mushie picking in New Zealand all those years ago. I loved it. Nice fresh field mushrooms for breakfast. Yum Yum.

Well I am on to day 5 and I forgot to bring some coffee in this morning so my water intake will be up at least for this morning. We are having a hot spell here, yesterday was 36C or 102F and today is promising to be even hotter. My poor plants will be suffering. Since we are on water restrictions due to drought, I will have to take buckets of water to them tonight. Hate lugging buckets and watering cans. Still I can do my washing and pump the wash water out onto the rose garden. That at least will be something that I don't have to lug around.

Keep up the good work all you lovely people. There are some so close to finishing their challenges. Well done. Keep on keeping on.

Red, if you don't get back to post, have a great time in HK. Behave yourself, they may be just as bad as the Japanese police if not worse. Keep smiling.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #135  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day # 2 total calories= 1222
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote