Old 08-30-2005, 07:52 AM   #1306  

L2L,
I have heard conflicting reports too on how much water. I try to get in 4-5 liters a day. Someone posted a while back ago on water somewhere and I remember looking to see what I needed. This is when I was approx 100lbs overweight. As I remember and have nothing to back this up..a 150lb person needs 150 ozs...and someone who is 100lbs overweight needs another 50ozs. So that would be about 200 ozs for me in a day. I know I am not getting that much..I average about 130-150ozs and I am losing. I had a diet pop on Saturday when we went out for lunch..that was a first for me in months. Even the diet tasted sweet to me. I stopped buying it at the house. I only buy bottled water.(although I do refill them at times) There are good things about this. My young daughter doesn't get pop anymore...and it is a lot cheaper. (more $$ for me when I need new clothes) I honestly do think you have to get your water in to lose weight. I think it is more important than the exercise but I might be wrong.

Lisa
Wyoming

Who is serious thinking about giving up my cigs. I have really cut down since I started exercising. I hardly smoke at work anymore. My tough time is now..early in the morning... I am slowly working on it.
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:02 AM   #1307  

TEB: here is a good site about PCOS. There is a quiz on there that helps you determine the factors of PCOS.
http://www.pcosupport.org

Petra: You really can drink too much water? WOW!! Sorry about your vacation. We only had to cancel one vacation and that was on 9/11. We were at the airport in Denver to fly to Orlando... and they closed the airport on us. A very scary day and confusing too. Dh and I were talking about that last night. Honestly, I "know" what happened that day but it was hard to comperhend because we didn't see news reports for hours and hours afterwards.

Curly: I didn't mean to forget you. For some reason in my mind..you and TEB are the same. LOL I confuse you often!! You are doing great too. You will reach your challenge. We set our sights high and we are flying with the WL angels.

Ok, I am getting ready to go to work!!! Have to get M up and make breakfast. She wants omelets again!!! I will check back in later.

Hugs and Blessings,
Lisa
Wyoming
Old 08-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #1308  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

hello everyone.. I really am trying to stop in every day and get back on track.. it's just taking me a little longer this time...my new weigh day is going to be on saturday's.. and I am at least going to post every saturday to let you all know where I'm at.. ok.. so now I have a question for all you PIC chick's... how much weight have you lost or gained since starting up with PIC? Im trying to catch up on all the posts, but I started on page one and i;ve only gotten up to page 15. Well today I'm not doing so good.. I had a brownie sundae for breakfast at 8:30am.. I dont know why, but I just wanted it so I made one.. and now my stomach is trying to kick it out... I feel horrible.. well.. i have to get back to working, but I will try to stop by again later today...

Have a great day
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #1309  

Deerod:
I have lost 33.5lbs since starting with PICS.(40lbs total) It is not only this group but a big motivation for me that comes from within. I want to suceed and know that I can't always be on track but when I do mess up..I jump right back there. I don't allow myself the excuses. THere are weeks that I know I haven't done everything right and for whatever reason I keep losing. THe reality of that is not good because unless I told myself otherwise..... I could cheat all the time. Many weeks there are more things I have done right than wrong and I think that is the key to my sucess. I am hoping I am making sense.

I have said this many times and will continue saying it... WL is more mental than the physical exercise and the better eating choices. You have to really want this..not 1/2 way... but 110 %. You have to decide which program is right for you rather it be SB, WW, Atkins... or just plain old...calorie counting. It doesn't matter as long as it is working for you. Then you have to decide your plan of action. L2L was happy yesterday she didn't drink pop. Pop is a "red light" food in my house..so I stopped buying it..now 4 months later..I don't miss it. I found out that I could have one with lunch the other day and I wasn't worried about going home and drinking a case of it. I used to put tons of sugar in my coffee. I bought splenda and really can't tell a difference. I used to use milk in my coffee..now I use no fat creamer or just drink water instead. None of these changes happened overnight. The more I got into the program...the differences I can see. Tonight for dinner I am making pizza from WW magazine. It has tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms plus ff cheese. I know the ff cheese doesn't melt like I want so I will use some regular cheese and add a few peperonis on the pizza. That is ok, I have the points for it. Difference is..I would never think twice about ordering pizza from the neighborhood resturant.

My other change in attitude is I enjoy my daughter. We love to ride bikes, walk and the other day played follow the leader at the playground. I think I enjoy that more than going to the gym. You don't need expensive gym memberships, special shoes, or anything else to get your AP's in. YOu can play a game in the yard...toss the ball with your kids... jump rope..etc. Take them to the park. Not only will you be healthier so will your kids. I know the days M exercises with me..she sleeps better too. She is eating healthy and I am teaching her things that will be a lifetime for her too. Involve your kids they also hold you accountable. When I come home from WI everyweek, M will ask how much I lost and give me hugs and high 5's.(better than stickers and keychains) She also tells everyone in the grocery store what I lose too.

If you have foods in the house that are not healthy for you...clean out the cupboards. On my bday..I made a cake.. I sent the rest home with my stepson and family...I can't have it around. I rarely buy any junk food anymore. I find if it is not in the house..we ALL will eat fruit and veggies. This lifestyle change has not only effected me but my whole family. Even dh is down 11lbs and says he feels better than he has for a long time. This is a family decision and does effect the whole family.

I know losing weight is hard..we are all in the same boat and we didn't get to these weights because we were happy/healthy people. That is what I want for myself..to be happy and healthy. I may never reach WW goal of 144... but I am not going to the fattest mom in kindergarten....and I am going to enjoy my family in the process and be a healthier me.

I did not say these things to upset you or make you angry. Sometimes we all need a reality check. Start today but changing one thing in your life that will help you suceed. I remember what was the loud mouth weight loss guru..Susan Powter? I read her book many years ago..she said the first day I only made it to the corner and each day after..I went a little further. THat is what you have to do....

Hugs and Blessings,
Lisa
Wyoming
Old 08-30-2005, 11:27 AM   #1310  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning !!!

Just a quick fly by for me. Unfortunately time seems to be getting away from me these days... working.. studying.. getting up early to get the exercise in .. and going to bed early because I am tired.. doesn't leave too many free minutes for fun !

Glad to see lots of posts and everyone did so well in their first week of the challenge.. let's keep it going !

Petra - sorry to hear that your trip is cancelled. You were looking so foward to it

L2L & Dee - good to see you again... stay with us girls !

Lisa and Angel - thanks for the info on IR. Looking at the list I don't know how much of it applies to me.. I think I am just fluffy in the middle

Hotcup - hope you are enjoying the time with your poohbear.

Curly - how you doing girl !!!

Hope I got everyone Have a great day and TTYS !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:40 PM   #1311  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Wink Hello all

I had a really crappy night. Squeak was all better and back to sleeping with me, she'd earned my trust back that she was all better and wouldn't be peeing on things and bang. 0630 this morning, she not only pees on the bed, but pees on JAY! He was not pleased. He rubbed her face in it, over and over and whipped her. I thought he was way too rough on her, but I didn't step in. She looks awful now. I don't know, I guess having your face soaked in your own pee, might make for a bad day, but she looks bad. I feel bad for her. I guess I'll have to start closing the bedroom off again. I also redid her litter box just in case that had anything to do with it. Cleaned it, switched out the litter with a new brand.

I was sitting here, reading my email, posting my journal and when I looked at the clock, I just COULDN'T make myself get in the mindset of going to work. So I CALLED IN AND TOOK THE DAY OFF!!!! I NEVER do that! Can you believe it? It felt GREAT. It's sort of wasted though. Jay is out of his blood pressure medicine and has to go home to get more. He lives far too far away to come back, so he'll simply leave. But I'm going to clean house, move stuff around, work out, just have a Mary day. I might haul all my camping gear out and have it on the ready. My sister is planning a family camping trip for the holiday week end. This has disaster written all over it. We'll see.

I'm going to work out today. Either with the "Exercise ****" or alone. But that's my goal: to get back to my daily exercise (and hopefully nightly track visits). I hope you can help me keep with it. I need all the encouragement I can get.

I'll check in on you, on my one of hopefully MANY house cleaning breaks. Buh bye for now. Chin up everyone. We CAN do this. Glad to have L2L and Dee back. Missed you gals.

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 08-30-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:44 PM   #1312  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone!!

Lisa....HOLY COW!!! You sure said alot and it brough a tear to my eyes. You said it so well... ..just start doing something and then keep adding something else. Its the cullmination of doing alot of right things for me also. I haven't lost that much but then I was MIA for over 2.5 months. (but I didn't gain!!)

For me its the conscious effort to eat more healthy foods. It's almost second nature now to reach for a fruit (large bowl on the table) than to open the pantry and find something to eat. Better food choices are whats it all about. I plan my meals better and although I get some looks when dinners on the table, I'm not afraid to mix things up and try new foods. I had to laugh...the other day I made rice and for the liquid I added a can of diced tomatoes. I loved it and my boys said..."where's the rice we know and love?" haha...sorry I said, we're trying something new...italian rice! They ate it but picked out the chunks of tomatoes (this from boys who absolutlely love spag sauce with the same chunks)

I am more mindful of how I spend my time....I try to keep moving, either hitting the gym or doing a tape, walking with the dog, skipping with a skip rope...(yes you read correctly, 10 minutes skipping rope is supposed to equal 30 of treadmill work) and the biggest change is not eating past 8pm. I think you've seen once or twice in my posts....'THE KITCHEN IS CLOSED" well its true. oh...and water water water. I try to keep a filled bottle in the kitchen, the car and take it everywhere with me. Hot water with lemon....warm water....club soda.... I thank my stars that I was never a big soda fan. I think I still have a bottle I bought for Memorial weekend!!! Would it still be good? haha...
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #1313  

Turtle
An article on water.

http://www.inch-aweigh.com/water.html
Old 08-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #1314  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys!

I had a great day, my union was having a convention.. and they needed seat fillers to make the audience look full so i had to sit and listen to a bunch of speeches.. and then at noon we got the rest of the day off with pay... Oh and a free lunch..

I am very proud of myself.. .. picked out a slice of turkey, a slice of cheese, some sliced tomato, lettuce & rolled it up into a wrap..
looked at the potato salad the macaroni salad and mounds of bread and had no desire what ever to eat those....

as far as the soda.. no one could be as addicted as i was.. tho i always drank diet... I guess its been 3 weeks now that i have switched over to only water and occasionaly crystal light lemonade.

but i have to agree.. even the diet soda tastes like syrup to me now...

Oh and then i went with a friend and we took the inflatable boats out on the creek for @ 3 hrs of paddling... only this time the patch i had put on it didnt hold so .... i also got to go swimming!!

dee... its a vicious cycle... the more sweets and sugar u eat the more your body wants... u might wanna try the beach.. phase 1 will get rid of those cravings .

I think i may have discoverd why my weight was see sawing... i didnt really notice till the other day.. i dont usually eat salt on my food but thats the only way i like a boiled egg with lots of salt.. sooooo no more salt on the eggs..

yep i am determined to make my goal (not sure what is yet) but under 180 for sure! cuz the guy that i want is awesome.. and i dont want him to just think im cute.. i wanna be jaw dropping sexy! lmao oh and i wanna be healthy also.. and happy ..
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:27 PM   #1315  

Dee!!!!! Your here!! It's okay if your not ready to jump in all the way. I'm just so glad to see you back. How's the job at home going? Are you happier? I hope so. So far I have lost 50 pounds. Sometimes it is overwhelming if I think about how much more I have to lose but I just take it one day at a time. I am now doing South Beach because I just could'nt handle the cravings and it is working really well for me. I am so glad you are posting even if it is only once a week.

Curly - I was lmao at your comment about the swim. I hope it was hot where you are. I'm glad to hear you had an easy day, you need it with your job.

Angel - Thanks for the idea on skipping rope. I think I may try it if I can find a way to strap down the girls.

Hotcup - Sorry about Squeak but I am glad you got the day off. Sometimes you need to do that just to have some time to gather yourself. How goes the diet? Don't worry if you have to many nuts at least you are eating foods that are legal on the diet. Better than ice cream.

Tea - I know what you mean about the free time. DH is working from 3 pm to 11:30 pm so guess who gets to handle everything. Yes it's me .

Lisa - Give up the ciggy's girl!! I want you around for a long, long time and so does your dh and M. Change my total to 25 pounds and I have lost 1. I know it is going to be hard but I have to push myself especially on the exercise . It is getting harder and harder.

Petra - I am so sorry about your vacation. That sucks!! I feel so bad for all the people effected by this. I can't imagine having to go through what they are going through. I am also sorry to hear about the bad week at work .

Lookin - I hope everything is going great for your girlie!!!

TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:47 PM   #1316  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

The death toll from the hurricaine is starting to climb which is making me very sad. The pictures are very upsetting. I tried to cancel my plane reservation tonight and this was funny. The airport is in Kenner which they have said repeatedly on the news is under water. Kenner is on the southwest shore of Lake Ponchartrain. The airline said that so far, they have only cancelled flights through Sept. 3rd and so they were not able to refund my money at this time. I pointed out that even if I were to go to NO as planned, where would I stay? This is ludicrous! The lady couldn't answer my question, just that they had only cancelled flights through Sept 3rd at this time. I guess I have to call back later in the week because I'm sure that airport is not going to be open to commercial flights by the 6th. Here is an even stranger thing. I have a car reservation I can't even cancel because there is no phone service in New Orleans--yeah, like there are any roads to drive on in New Orleans right now!

This has not been a good day for me. I didn't eat any illegal foods for me but I had about 50 grams of carbs which was significantly over my limit. I hope I"m not sorry tomorrow. Surprisingly, it was also a relatively low fat and low calorie day as well. Between the stress of work, and me being stressed over the hurricaine/trip thing, it has not been one of my better few days. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little slower for me.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:00 PM   #1317  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Not a great day here either

I almost feel guilty saying I'm having a bad day, after reading Petra's post. But I guess I'm just blue and a bit stressed. I'm worried about my cat Squeak and I too have eaten poorly. Nothing illegal, but too much of what IS legal. But the good news is I finally got myself motivated enough to work out. Well, I had the help of my sister, "The Exercise ****", to get me going. We did the three mile WATP. I also plan to do a few weights on my new exercise ball. I had to replace the one we had, it mysteriously exploded while I wasn't here. Still haven't figure that one out. But the new on I got is bright yellow and covered with nubby spines (looks like a sea urchin). They call it a Shiastu ball. But once I've got my huge butt on it, I don't feel the nubbies.

I've gotten a good bit done around the house. It helps my cleaning when it's garbage night. But don't you hate getting the garbage out to the curb (uhhh we don't have curbs in WV, but you know what I mean) and finding garbage you missed or making more? Don't ya hate that? Okay, I'm off to make and pack my lunch (yep, that'll make more garbage). I'll check in before I go to work tomorrow. That is, if I go. I took today off and surprised even myself.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #1318  

Petra,
As I said in an earlier post. We were planning to fly on 9/11. Within minutes of the 2nd plane hitting the Twin Towers. They will refund your money..don't stress over it.... because I am with you..I doubt you will be able to fly in to NO. The airlines believe it or not understand diaster. I also spent 3 hours on the phone trying to cancel my car reservation..um.... didn't need too. There is no cars there that are not flooded. I am sorry your vacation was canceled. It is sad about the looters.

Lisa
Wyoming
Old 08-31-2005, 09:10 AM   #1319  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone.....

Petra......My heart sure does go out to all the people in the NO area. I am 100% sure that your travel plans will be cancelled. Are you kidding? The area is a disaster. They will have no choice but to refund it. Lisa is right, don't stress over it. Could you make other vacation plans? You should try to still take the time off and go someplace else, or your days will be spent at home (also a nice break) but somewhat of a let down. I know....come on down and visit me!!

Hotcup.....Put yesterday behind you and start fresh today!! So what if you had a little too much of the good stuff, you said it was legal and with your AP from your excercise with the ****....you were probably okay anyway. I think we beat ourselves up too much with ..............(fill in the blanks.)...regret, what ifs, guilt and failure. Its a new day and make the most of it. Good job on the excercise btw. You know my trick with the garbage? I pay my 11yo son as part of his chores!!! LOL....best thing I ever did!!

Curly.....this guy must be something else....one hot dish!! you are so fired up....and....**sigh** in LOVE!!! Keep at it, and way to go on the 3 hours of paddling. That's quite the upper body workout.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:05 PM   #1320  

Turtle: Pull yourself out of your shell today and exercise you will feel so much better!!

Petra: come enjoy the wilds of Wyoming. LOL You can visit me!!

Momx3: I am trying real hard to give up my cigs. I am down to about 4 a day during work..if I could stay off the computer at home in the morning..I would be doing great. I know I have to make up my mind to do it..and do it cold turkey. I just have to make up my mind first.

Curly: A man..WAHHOOOO> LOL .. ahhh..do it to be healthy and happy and the men will come along. LOL

Angel: I read on someone's sucess site about time management and how to spend your time. Computer time...LOL is a big waste. I know this in my mind.. and know I need to spend more time exercising. But if it wasn't the computer it would be TV..I actually hadn't turned on my tv downstairs in months until last night to watch the hurricane coverage. I am not looking forward to winter..I will have to be creative in my exercise.

TEB: Hope you have a great day!!

Well..I am off to do some "real" work at work. LOL Talk to you all soon!
Lisa
Wyoming