YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEe

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:15 PM   #1247  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hotcup.......WOW....HOLY COW TURTLE!!!....or is it Holy Turtle cow? ....that is fantastic!!! 5 lbs gone? already?.....WAY TO GO!!! I'm doing the happy turtle dance for you. (if there is such a thing!!)
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #1248  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

GO TURTLE... GO TURTLE ... GO TURTLE!!!!!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #1249  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

My dogs are crazy. They are both up here with me but Kobe is licking Buddy's face to death. I think sometimes Buddy wishes I never got a second dog, LOL.

I had an unexpectedly long day. You won't believe this one. I had a patient show up without an appointment and refuse to leave until I saw her. I wish I could say this never happened before but that wouldn't be true.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #1250  
Staying in 1derland!

lol i have the same problem but its chai(dog) licking my male cats face... and when my mom comes over chai licks her clothes... weirdo!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:53 PM   #1251  
soon to be goddess

okay since we are all talking about our pets......my cat LOVES to rub her face and lie/roll over my shoes after I've taken them off !!!
Sorry you had an extra long day Petra. Hopefully tommorow will go by faster since it's FRIDAY!!!

Hotcup......I have a question for you. Are you allowed garbonzo beans? (chick peas) Because if you are.....you can make some Hummus. Just another good thing you can eat. I love hummus, esp. with GARLIC!!! yummmmm, although your friends/co workers might not like it!!

I sure was 'snack-y' today!! Must have been all the rain and feeling trapped inside. My only saving grace, was that I 'hid' in the bedroom to do a whole load of ironing!!! Lucky me eh? Out of the kitchen....out of mind. I ate within my pseudo points and stayed OP. HOpefully tommorow will be a better day and I'll get to the gym also. Have a good night everyone. THE KITCHEN IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:19 AM   #1252  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Cool Evening/Morning all

I was so busy at work I didn't get the chance to peek in or post. The nerve of those people, actually making me work and full on cutting INTO my Internet/3FC time. I mean really!

Angel-eyes: Yes, I can have garbanzos (chick peas) I ate some today as a matter of fact. I've never tried humus. I bet I'd like it if I knew how to fix it. I don't cook AT ALL. I don't even have a stove (yep, really).

MomX3: Thanks, I didn't realize that about the peanut butter. I should have, the recipe mentions that this peanut butter goes towards the daily allowance. Thank you. Tonight I had it without the peanut butter. Equally as good. But I really want to stop having it. Just because I think I shouldn't have it. Long story. LOL. But thank you for your advice. I need all I can get.

Petra Sorry about your rough day. Gosh that makes me think of that Bill Murray movie, what was it called? Something about Bob? No, "What about Bob"? Well, a patient follows his shrink (no offense, just lack of better word and fear of mispelling) on vacation, because he can't function without him.

Thanks for the cheers, everyone. I'm still a bit shocked. I know it's not a true loss, but it was fun to see a lower number for once. When I got home, I changed out of my uniform tonight and got right back on that scale to see if I was dreaming, but it's still there. (the loss, that is).

I got a sweet card from my TOPS chapter, it had a turtle on it and they didn't even realize that I'm crazy about turtles! It was very kind and sincere of them, but they basically wanted to know if I was coming back. I called one of the weight recorders and told her I'd been ill (I had told them I needed a leave of absence prior to even starting the meds, but I guess they forgot) but planned on coming back. They're a very kind group. Okay, a few chores and then it's bed time for Turtle. I'll check for posts in the morning and will hopefully get more Internet time at work tomorrow evening.

Hang in there PIC's we can do this.

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 08-26-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:22 AM   #1253  
Staying in 1derland!

is our weigh in sunday or monday?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:35 AM   #1254  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good question curly. Whichever day, it may look like I lost a lot but I didn't lose any last week because of TOM so it is really two weeks worth.

Turtle-you can buy commercial hummus in the grocery store. It's a pain in the butt to make so I suggest you buy it. If your grocery store has one of the olive/mediterranian bars, you may be able to get it there or they sell it in small containers elsewhere. It's also a great source of fiber. Even I can eat hummus so I'm pretty sure it is South Beach friendly. I love hummus, it's great for dipping cut up veggies into.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:05 AM   #1255  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hey PICS - just a quick check in before I get started on my work for the day. I tried to get on yesterday to post, but just didn't find the time.

Turtle - go girlfriend !! This life on the beach is really agreeing with you.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.. the WI results should be interesting this week. We have all been so focused.

I have managed to walk every morning this week.. my feet are sore and I have a big old blister on one heel.. but I will keep going. May just do a few shorter walks this weekend to get them healed up !

Would love to stay and chat all day, but must get some work done.

Have a spooktacular Friday
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #1256  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Ooops, made a mistake

Sorry PIC Chicks. I was wrong. It's not five pounds in three days. Oops. No, it's seven pounds in four days I just don't know how to act. I sure hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging. I'm just so (squeally) excited. I'm trying not to let it go to my head because I know it's normal at the beginning of ANY diet to drop a chunk, normally water weight. But you see, I'm a different case. I've been on a diet most of my life. So whooshes don't really happen for me. This is weird.

I stayed up last night getting LOTS of things done. Grilled another chicken boobie, made sugar free Kool-aid, washing dishes, partially packing my lunch etc. Today, I'm going to clean some, on top of all the other things I have to do. Pooh Bear hasn't been up for like a week and I want the place spiffy for my buddy-boo.

I work alone tonight so I'll probably be on 3FC most of my shift, commenting in journals and checking this thread for posts.

Good luck to everyone. Smell that? It's the week end, here it comes! I've got PLANS!!!!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:29 AM   #1257  

Howdy All,
I figured we could use our regular weigh in day. With me it is on Saturday morning. I am not sure I loss this week and it has nothing to do with TOM. I just didn't get my exercise in as I would like. With M starting school...are evenings are pretty busy. I haven't figured out when I need to exercise. I didn manage to go to the gym 1 day this week and tonight I will mow the lawn. I did a RIchard video twice this week but not as much exercise as I would like. I haven't felt right this week for some reason. I normally know when i am going to lose. I hope I am wrong. LOL If not..I will be more careful and account for more next week. I am not giving up!!!

Petra: In my old life. LOL I had a Austrian Shephard/BLue healer mix. Best dog I ever had. I also found a litter of kittens (2 were still alive) in the rafters of a building. The little kitties had to be hand feed. WHoopie(the dog) loved the kitties. I would take her to work with me everyday and when we came home she would lick the small kitty until she was weight. One of the kitties didn't make it and the one that did died after 2 years. Sorry your day was long and stressful. Take a bubble bath and enjoy your weekend!!!

Turtle: sounds like you are back OP. I tried humus but didn't like it. I think what I bought was old or something...I might try it again. I found it at Albertson's near the deli stuff. You are not bragging. kudos to you!! Hugs!

Angel: My one cat is almost human. He can open the screen door and he talks to you. His favor place to sleep is right next to me. He knows dh doesn't like him on the bed so he tries to hide on my side. My female kitty is M's kitty. They are the same age and she used to sleep with M when she was in the crib...always careful to stay at the bottom. NOw M uses her as a pillow. This kitty puts up with too much. LOL M always carried her around upside down and sideways. Never gave her peace but she always came back for more. I have snack-y days too. Yesterday I decided to snack all day instead of eating meals except dinner. So I had fruit and some popcorn. I stayed within my points. What I try to do is eat something every 2 hours even if it is just a piece of fruit.

TEB: There is a blister thing that Eckerds sells that is like a rubber bandaid. When I did a lot of walking..it really helped. Congrats on staying OP this week and getting your walking in.

Well, I need to get some work done! Everyone have a great day!!
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #1258  

Well everyone seems to be doing great here. I am so glad. I have also been feeling off this week. I don't want to exercise I am just to tired. I have been doing by minimum. The baby has been up alot the past few nights so maybe that has something to do with it. I hate it when I feel like this because I feel like I am not losing if I don't give it my all. Oh well hopefully next week will be better. DD #1 got her provisonal license and was driving with an instructor yesterday. Clear The Roads People!!! Her instructor told her she should be a race car driver. She is nervous because she is a perfectionist.

I will talk to you all later. The boss just walked in so I better at least act like I am working.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:16 PM   #1259  
Staying in 1derland!

I am so excited for u MIss Turtle!!!!!!!! U should be bragging!!! thats awesome!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #1260  
soon to be goddess

Hotcup........Hummus is sooo good but it is an acquired taste. Basically it is puree'd chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste), lemon juice and garlic. I have a killer recipie that I will find for you. It is so good, as I'm writing this my mouth is watering!!! 7 lbs? YOU GO GIRL!!!

Lisa......Hang in there girl. You got some excercise in, maybe its not what you had in mind, but you still did some! Don't be too hard on yourself.

Mom......Those nights when you are up with the baby? they are killers!! Try to rest/nap when the baby goes down for its nap. Nothing wrong with that. YIKES....you have a new driver now? CLEAR THE ROADS!!! haha...too funny about the race car driver comment.

TEB.......I sure do feel for you. I hate blisters. Great job on the walking though. I bet your dog sure likes the daily walks.

I'm having a good day so far. Its raining again, (bleck) 4th day in a row. I'm glad the grass is getting back to a nice green colour but boy, does it ever make me depressed lately. Dh is home today as he leaves tommorow for a Sat-Wed trip to Kansas City. I don't like the weekend work he does, but its a requirement at certain times of the year. Well I'm heading out to the gym.....gotta get pysch'd up about that dreadmill. I'll check in later y'all.