Old 09-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #1396  

Howdy all,
I am working on laundry..

Petra: My neighbor is a firefighter and he is in NO now. sad state..I am still watching the news coverage too. My tummy is upset too..but I took something today to help with my problem and it has helped.

Curly: Once upon a child sells some really cute charms..I like the idea. I bought M one awhile back..so maybe I will get me one.

Angel: I did get the receipe..I will have to try it out. I haven't cooked much this week. LOL

TEB: Slow down..life is passing you by. LOL Check in when you can. Hugs.

Jennie: I was so happy to see you post. Happy Bday from me too! Now get back on track and you will be fine! Missed you!!!

Momx3..how is it going?

L2L..you need to post..we need laughs. LOL

Ok..I am going to fold another load of laundry.

LIsa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #1397  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
well my OP day yesterday got derailed by the left over birthday cake. But last night, I threw it away so no more chance of eating it. I am going to go to my meeting this week and just not look at my weight. Its my TOM so even if I had gained a few pounds, now its like 5 and I don't want that to get me down like I know it can.
I have been walking to work trying to get in at least some activity, not a real work out but better than sitting on my butt. Luckily, my son's school is on the way to my work so we can both walk.

Petra, I wish I had power yoga at my Y, we had a sub teacher for Pilates who was also a power yoga teacher and it was the best class ever

curly, the charms look cute. I found an old charm bracelette from my grandma maybe I should put it to work.

angel, my job isn't a whole lot more money but its some so and that is always good. the people that were in my office left it a total wreck so once I get it cleaned up, I'm going to bring in snacks and things but right now, there are ants and all kinds of gross stuff.

TEB, I have been trying to get up early and excersise but I just can't seem to get it done. hmmm, let me know if you figure out how to do everything!

Lisa, thanks for the b-day wish, I have some laudry if you run out of yours and need more to do!

Hotcup, I was readying some of the old post and that is great news about the doctors. try and not let past experiences influence this one too much. keep up the good work.

L2L, Mom, and everyone else, hi! Miss ya,

Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #1398  

Put my last load of laundry in this morning..YIPEEE it is done for now. LOL

And I took all my coffee cups upstairs from downstairs on the desks, then I loaded the dishwasher and cleaned and vaccumed my livingroom. LOL I was busy this morning!!

Got to work and continued it. I have most of my filing done from yesterday. I promised myself I was going to clean off my desk.

Jennie: So glad to see you post! Good for you for getting rid of the cake. LOL
I am close on points today..feeling a little hungry?? I planned my menu out so hopefully it will work.

TEB: I like to exercise in the afternoon after work. I have my rountine down now. LOL I love to exercise. I am challenging myself to do more strides at a faster rate. It is working. LOL

Petra: I listen to K-LUV a lot. M has a CD that is from Kids bop that is Christian music..we listen to that ALOT. My niece and her sang to me all the way to church and home last Sunday. (at the top of their lungs of course. LOL) I would like the receipe for the cheese cake. I am wondering how many WW points. LOL

Curly: Have fun hunting for the charms. THe ones I seen at OUAC were cute. THey even had some colored ones. M got a Tinkerbelle one.

Angel: We go to bed early everynight. DH likes to be in bed by 8:30. LOL I will watch tv in bed but normally will fall asleep before 9. LOL I got up at 4 this morning and go so much done!

Turtle: stick your neck out..where are you??

Momx3: where are you?

L2L: I am sending us the rescue squad.
Lisa
Wyoming
Old 09-09-2005, 11:22 AM   #1399  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

The cheesecake is really good Lisa. FitDay says it has 228 calories a slice but 20 grams of fat! And I used reduced fat cream cheese! 8 grams of carbs per slice which isn't bad.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #1400  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Howdy all

Not much new to report today. Weight is starting to creep back on. I have to DO something about that.

Home game tomorrow, but I have to work inside on the radio. Whew, outside details are fun, but I'm afraid when they have me directing traffic. I DID get a new winter Stetson that finally fits. Looks just like this but it's navy blue. I feel like an idiot in uniform, but that hat makes me look RIDICULOUS!

I work alone tonight and should be able to check in on all you fine ladies from there. Welcome back Jennie.. where is everyone else? Talk more later. Yay! It's F*R*I*D*A*Y*! Oh wait, I have to work Saturdays S'okay, I might get to see Da Pooh Bear this week end, it's been a while.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #1401  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

blah... just waiting for 5 o'clock to get here!! I am taking monday off.. mental health day... tho i still have to work tomorrow... i see the scale is doing the up and down thing on me again... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! hopefully by monday it will be down!

ok clock speed up!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #1402  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Curly......get off that darn scale!!! You are going to drive yourself crazy with it, just do your best and wait until your weighin day. Why are we sooo scale obsessed? We should be asking ourselves.....how do we feel today? are we eating OP? did we get all our nutrients in....protein, fibre, water, fruits? are my clothes feeling loose? geez, I hate when it comes down to a numbers game!! gosh...sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now LOL

Hotcup.....hehe, you mentioning the winter stetson and the cute little trooper icon...makes me think of Celebrity Fitclub with Drill Sergeant Harvey!!! Just don't start barking orders at me!!! lol

Lisa.....Just reading your post made me tired!! lol.... I like to get alot done too in the morning. Dh got home last night from an overnighter, so I stayed up chatting to him. Mornings before schoot stuff is always my most productive times. I am also done with my laundry and?.... all put away!!!

I headed to the gym again this morning, and although I completed the stepclass was almost ready to toss in the towel. The routine this morning was quite the challenge with alot of new steps I had never done before. Obviously others thought so too because we started with 6 members and then by halfway, there was only 2 members (myself and Miss Fitqueen who always adds the high intensity to any move). She's sort of like Hotcups sister...the excercise ****. Yoga was interesting as well. More moves I had not done and couldn't for wrist reasons (carpal tunnel) no way on earth I can do the downward dog ,table top and salutation sun. uh uh...no way. E for effort though, as I stayed the whole class. Yeah for me!! Whats everyone having for supper tonight? I think we're doing porkchops. yum yum with applesauce!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:01 PM   #1403  
Staying in 1derland!

HAHA that reminds me of the Brady bunch........ PORK CHOPS AN APPLE SAAAWS (thats how they said it) I guess i better eat up some of that chili i made... when i get back from my workout...

yeah i am scale obsessed... but it really doesnt bother me i know i will fluctuate... BUT i also know that when i make my goal i am gonna have to stay scale obessed .. cuz i lost from 322 down to @ 180 and it all snuck back on me... this time its not comming back!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #1404  

TGIF and almost time to go home!!!

Angel: I never said I put it away. I have 10 laundry baskets in my huge laundry room..they never make it back upstairs. LOL Good for you for sticking with the class..I have my gym stuff packed and going afterwork although I am tired..still going to do it..yup..I am.

Petra: Post the reciepe. I might try it during the holidays..20 grams of fat..wow! I can have a little little piece. LOL

Turtle and CUrly: we are scaled obsessed. I can't keep my big butt off of it either. Driving me crazy... it still says I gained this week..YIKESSS. I have exercised my butt off too. Don't know what that is all about..I will keep on keeping on.

Ok..I have an hour and 10 minutes left..Please go quickly.
LIsa
Wyoming
Old 09-10-2005, 08:44 AM   #1405  
Staying in 1derland!

Question saturday

well... i am sitting here procrastinating... i could have been at work an hour ago... BUT.. lol I am trying to figure out my plan of attack for today.. which really means i am searching for a good reason not to go in to work)

oh just to a share an observation with u guys i was so happy when i went to work out.. and the one machine that used to bump my tummy... i now fit in with some space... How cool is that?

whats everyone got planned for the weekend??

ok i guess i should stop sitting here and get myself in gear.. i will go work out... then head to work for a while..

i really wanna go to the flea market! ~looks around... hmm maybe i have enuff junk already~

I am like Petra... threw the old furniture out ... all i have is one moon chair & a futon.. and the tv & stand

ok have a great day PIC'S
Old 09-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #1406  

Okay, you asked for it. This is George Stella's Cheesecake recipe. He's the low carb chef on the Food Network. Notice this cheesecake does not have a crust. I made one out of ground nuts but you can do whatever you like. You will have to make the crust first, bake it in the bottom of the pan and let it cool.

24 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup extra fine ricotta cheese (process in food processor for 1 minute)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups Splenda
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 8 inch springform pan

Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 400. Spray the springform pan with cooking spray.

Make a water bath so the top of the cheesecake won't split as it bakes: Pour about 1 inch of water into a shallow roasting pan beg enough to fit the springform pan into and place it in the oven to preheat.

With an electric mixer on low, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream, and sugar substitue for about 1 minute until well blended.

In a separate bowl, whisk the cream, vanilla, lemon juice, eggs and egg yolks until well blended.

With mixer on medium, slowly pour the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Beat just until blended; be careful not to overwhip.

Pour the batter into the greased springform pan. Place the pan in the heated water bath. Bake for 15 minutes at 400, then lower the oven temperature to 275 and bake for an addition 1 1/2 hours. The cake should be a light brown on the top and be pulling away from the sides when it is done. Turn the oven off and leave it in the oven to cool for 3 hours (this will prevent the cake from falling) Then remove the cake from the oven and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Cut into 12 slices.

This cheesecake tastes so good, you wouldn't know it is sugar free. I checked it on my points finder last night. It's 6 points per slice without the crust!

I went to power yoga this morning. Angel, I hate to say this, but you miss a lot of the class if you can't do the sun salutation. That's sort of the "meat" of the class. Maybe you should ask the instructor for modifications for your wrists.

I need to work on my Internal medicine module today. I've been procrastinating on this for some strange reason which really isn't like me. I only have 20 questions to go but it is due by the end of this month so I really need to get it done.

Hotcup-are you sticking to your program and gaining?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #1407  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning Partners.

Had a quick minute while I'm enjoying my morning so thought I best check in.

I am off to school today, 9-4, and then off to a BBQ. Tomorrow I have school from 9-12, then I have to go into work. I worked for about 11.5 hours yesterday (that's management for ya !!) and have to go in on Sunday to finalize some info for a big wig meeting on Monday. So I am sure by tomorrow night I will be ready to crash on the couch.

Otherwise things are going well and I am just plugging along.

Petra - the cheesecake sounds yummy, thank you for sharing the recipe.

Hope everyone has a great spooktacular WI this weekend. I had a sneak peek at the scale and it doesn't like me this week... although I can probably blame TOM for that !!

Okay I must go have that all important first meal of the day and get my butt off to school.

Have a great day !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:18 AM   #1408  

Morning Everyone. Sorry I have not been around alot. The kids started back to school and this tends to make my schedule alot more difficult. I am going to chucky cheese today for my nieces B-Day party so I have to eat before I go (I love pizza).

I weighed myself this morning because I forgot to yesterday and I am down to 216 which is 1 pound for last week but TOM has come to visit so hopefully when I get on next week I will be happier.

I did Tae Bo on Wednesday to mix things up a little and spent Thursday morning in the chiropractors office . So Thursday no exercise but 65 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. I don't think I am going to go to curves today because my back is still bothering me and I don't want to make it worse so I will do the treadmill again or take the baby for a walk later.

I hope everyone is doing well and I will talk to you ladies more later as I have to go make sure the baby is not into anything.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #1409  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
just a quick check in, I'm packing and movie packing and moving and myson in a retaliation is making a mess in every move I finish. so then I have to clean and force him to help. ahhhh....no fun!
I'm gonna go to my ww meeting and just not look at my weight until next time. I dont' think I can face it.
OK, talk to you all later,
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 06:56 PM   #1410  

I was mostly a good girl today. I did 10 more of my questions today and ran some errands. I got some more fabric samples in the mail to look at for my dog proof furniture so hopefully I'll be able to order that sometime this week. I've been struggling with my eating too lately. I've been having a few too many carbs per day but not necessarily eating illegal foods. I need to get a handle on that soon.