Old 09-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #1411  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi PIC'S !!!

How was everyone's day so far? I headed out to the gym also today but alas missed the classes. Thats okay, the treadmill is good for me also. I walked a total of 40 minutes with...**drumroll please**,.... another 10 minutes of running!!! This is a milestone for me, as I'm not that light on my feet. But to tell you the truth, I put on a great disco cd and the beat just made me want to run. Do you all remember Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive" ? After the gym, we went to a civil war re-enactment including campsites and a battle. The cannon's booming was a bit too much, but the boys just loved it.

I had another little mini success,....who loves Costco? Well, we went just in time to sample (I was hoping they had stopped so we could just shop) but every isle still had those darn women!!! The boys feasted.....ravioli, smoothies, chicken wings, chips, chicken pot pie, halloween candy.......and the whole time, I didn't have one little sample!!! WOOHOO for me!!! All I thought about was, "do I really want this for all those extra pts?" hehe, then came home and had a nice yogurt. Nice to see everyone here today and I'm also expecting TOM on Monday.....anyone want him? no really, I can skip him anytime!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:20 AM   #1412  

Howdy All,
WOW! I had a busy busy day! Started off with WI this morning. Last night I decided I didn't have enough time to go to the gym before we left for the farm so I decided to ride my bike to WI. IT would of been ok but the wind kicked up...and I had a rough time coming home, then my petal decided to come apart..not an easy trip..I made it home..lucky the last 1/2 mile is ALL DOWNHILL! We did fix my bike. :-) WI...I loss .6 lbs....a little more than 1/2 pound. Can't change my tracker..DANG IT!!! I was disappointed..I am working so hard on activity points.. where is my results..dang it! I know it will come..I have to be patient. I am losing inches.

Anyway...we went to the farm and we went to McD's before we left..ummm..I wasn't OP today..but that is ok..I will be tomorrow... I honestly feel you can do that every once in a while and jump back on and you will be fine. Probably wrong attitude..so if I gain next week and whine..you can tell me about it. LOL

We got a ton of veggies!! Anyone know what to do with hot peppers?? I did go down the big slide 3 times with M..she loved it and I had a blast. In our group..I probably got the dirtest. LOL I was so embarresed when we went to Cracker barrel for lunch. My shirt had dirt on it and not just a little bit. LOL Then we went to Target. I did buy me a new pair of capris..actually 2 pairs..one was in a juniors.. umm..didn't know they sold them that way. Good news I could get them zipped but they are not as roomy as the other pair. I also bought some jammie sets.. one has Curious George on them...LOL THey are an XL..not a XXL. LOL They fit fine..the other pair I got real cheap.. $5.00 for shirt, pants and boxers. LOL I love them..they are made out of tshirt material. I also bought a cheap tshirt to change into. LOL

We had a blast today and I am exhausted. I will check in with everyone tomorrow and do personals. We are having a pig roast at church..not sure we are staying for it..I think Dh wants to come home and make stew. I sort of agree with him.

Hugs and Blessings,
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:10 AM   #1413  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

i have a pair of capri's that are size 19 juniors .. i love them the 20's are too big but the 18's are still too small... I bought them off ebay and asked the girl who sold them where she found them... she said walmart but the walmart here doesnt carry the size 19..

i bought some size 18 old navy jeans but cant get my butt into them yet... well i can just cant zip them up and breathe at the same time... lol

p.s. dont feel bad about your loss... looks like i have gained even tho i stayed OP all week.. i swear it seems like the scale goes down when i eat more..

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-11-2005 at 08:51 AM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #1414  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I stayed the same this week but my eating has been less than perfect so I suppose I know how that happened. I'm just happy I didn't gain.

My day got off to a rough start. I have invisible fence for the dogs and this morning Buddy ran out into the street and attacked another dog walking by with it's owner on a leash. Fortunately, the other dog wasn't seriously injured. He had a scratch about a 1/4 inch on his nose but I felt terrible about it. Buddy will run through my fence sometimes for unclear reasons--usually after male dogs walking by. I guess a territorial thing. I think this started after he had cancer so I think it may have something to do with him having a high pain tolerance. I called the fence company and left them a message that they need to do something about this, like increase the shock on his collar because I can't have him doing this again. I'm going to get a new battery for him today whether he needs it or not just to be sure.

Hopefully my day will get better.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:07 AM   #1415  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Morning

Hello and welcome week end (well, it's MY week end). The Mountaineers won big against Wofford (the terriers of SC) and it was a very stressful night in the radio room for me. I got pretty cranky with people and I ate two small bags of pretzels (what I didn't have to share with Patrick). I felt bloated and huge last night and still feel that way this morning. I slept in and noticed my power was off. Hmm

I'm going to have my coffee and play on line a bit and then I'll start some chores. I plan on getting a lot done around the house and maybe throw some things together for the upcoming yard sale. Curly, I don't believe I have Kiss The Girls. I did have Along Came a Spider, but I don't see that one. I must have sold them last year.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, relaxing Sunday. I toyed with the idea of packing a bag and going down to see Jay, but I think I'll spend my week end alone. I know I'd have a good time, but I can't justify spending that much on gas to turn around and come right back (Squeak needs her daily meds).

I'll write more later. I know I ask every day, but when is our offical Spooky weigh in?
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #1416  
Staying in 1derland!

mine is gonna b spooky 4 sure!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 12:05 PM   #1417  

I ended up going to curves after all. I felt guilty about missing Thursday. It was'nt as bad as I thought it was going to be and I actually feel good today except for my toe. My big toe has been sore after walking (and jogging) on the treadmill. So yesterday ds and I were moving the couch and he pushed it up onto my toe OUCH!!! Last night I thought I would cut my toenail to see if it helped and when I did blood came rushing out!! If it's not one thing it's another.

Hotcup - Just weigh yourself on your regular day and post your results. I think we all have different days.

TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:58 PM   #1418  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
well I went to my meeting. I couldn't find my book, I know it has to be around but I just don't know where. Luckily I always go to the same meeting and they remebered that I had a season pass and didn't make me pay again. Anyway, we have a new leader and she was acutally in my meeting the first time I went, 4 years ago. I remeber when she hit goal and became a receptionist. She did a good job, much better than the last one we had. I hopefully she will stick around. I didn't want to get weighed because, I havn't been doing well, I don't feel good, and its TOM, my home scale is reading a 5 pound gain. I told the woman at the scale to onot tell me how much I gained, I knew I'd gained and I'd look at it later but I actually lost. so either their scale is wrong or mine is wrong. I'll see next week if I'm still down.....

Hope everyone enjoys their sunday. Pittsburgh is a ghost town because the steelers are playing, we went to a movie and were theonly ones in the theater!

ttyl
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:43 AM   #1419  

Good Morning!!!
Today is Monday and only 5 days of the work week left. You can feel the chill in the air and fall is approaching!

We went to church yesterday. We skipped out on the pig roast. Something about seeing a pig on a grill with an apple in its mouth makes it very unappealing. DH decided we wanted beef stew instead with all the fresh veggies we got at the farm instead. Good choice for us. LOL So much better for us.

M and I went to Walmart yesterday to grocery shop and look around. We took our time and were there for 2-1/2 hours. Got my walking in. LOL M's best friend next door was sick so she went over and sat with him and wanted to bring him juice in these cool paper cups she bought at Walmart. IT was so sweet. They hung out together so now she probably will get sick.>URGGGG.

Tonight is open house at school. I am trying to figure out how to get my AP's in. I want to go to the gym but would have to cut short my exercise plan so I can shower and pick up M from gymnastics. Then we would still have to deal with homework. I know dh won't make her do it afterschool although I am going to suggest it.

Yesterday at church someone that hasn't seen me in a while said, WOW, you lost a ton of weight. LOL Yup..I feel like it was a ton but have a ton more to lose. I wore a pair of capris that actually fit me. LOL IT makes a big difference. I have gone down 4 sizes already. Most of my former pants I don't have to unbutton to take off. It was time to get a few pairs that actually fit. I feel so much more confident. IT has been awhile since I was in this size but I still want to be smaller. LOL I will get there although my WL has really slowed the last few weeks. I am keeping on with my exercise and watching to make sure my points are in line. Weekends are hard for me. Everything we do centers around food. LOL Next weekend...it will be fence time again. We wanted a week off of helping. Then the following week we are going to visit my stepson and family in the mountains of Colorado. Dh said the trees will start to change by then, it should be a beautiful drive.

Well...everyone have a great day!! Stay OP and drink your water!!!!! I am going for my 150oz today.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:01 AM   #1420  
Staying in 1derland!

spooktacular Weigh in: crap i'm up 2 lbs.. 246 i didnt do anything different... ate op all week exercised every day..

i do see on the calendar tom is suposed to be here this week.. sigh
Old 09-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #1421  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Gals,
just checking in, I'm on my luch break.
Curly, don't get to upset about the 2 pounds, TOM can through off any loss. Wait until next week and you will probablly see better reults.
Lisa, wow, 4 sizes that is so wonderful. I can't wait until I can say something like that. I really want to be able to shop in a regular size store.
Got to run, hope every one is having a good monday!
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #1422  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Hi PIC Chicks

I exercised today! My sister came over and we did a "Lumps Circuit" and took a coffee break and then did a WATP DVD. She did it all, but I quit after 2 1/2 miles. It was the first time in a long time (other than a few five minute sessions on my stepper, which left my thighs terribly weak and shaky). And we had a nice lunch of tomatoes and a surprise cucumber from my garden.

I'm going back on South Beach in the morning. I've been stutter stepping my way back towards it, but tomorrow IS the day. After many false starts. I spent my day making 13 or 14 bottles of sugar free Kool-aid (and various generic brands) to drink IN JUNCTION with water, daily.

Where is everyone? Our page was almost on page two. How is everybody? Answer up, y'all
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #1423  
Staying in 1derland!

i took a mental health day off from work today

my mom and i went to the thrift stores.. i got 5 paris of jeans , a red wool blazer, and 4 tops for 11$ the jeans range from 20's down to 16's so i am prepared!!

then we went to lunch at the chinese buffet, i had a few egg foo young patties and then picked the vegetables out of the other entrees.. lol i am so stuffed with brocoli i dont think i want any dinner

i just got back from my workout.. need to do some laundry.. and take chai out for a bit... have a good evening!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:52 PM   #1424  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Boy....just ask and I show up!!! How's that? LOL

I had a 1 lb loss for my weigh in, could have been worse as TOM is knocking on my door. I'll ask again....anyone want him? Last night I had dinner at my friends house (after dh spent the day helping her husband put up the framing studs in their basement). I was very good or so I thought. She had pizza and salad. I knew to bank some pts and was very careful throughout the day so I could have 1 slice. WEll....I had 2 servings of salad and thought, wow this salad dressing is really good. YUM YUM...It was a sweet vidallia onion dressing, and although I have one like it at home, it was a different brand. While at the grocery store today, I looked for the same type, it turns out to be loaded with a WHOPPING 14 GRAMS OF FAT!!! NO WONDER IT WAS SOOOO GOOD. LOL....mine at home was 60 cal and 0 fat grams. Next time I'll serve myself before she mixes the dressing in....

Mom.....ouch!! uch: I was cringeing, while reading about your toe. Hope the blood gushing has stopped by now and is on the mend.

Lisa......YOU GO GIRL!!! Wow...4 sizes down in your clothes!!! Its a wonder you aren't mooning anyone!!! Glad you've got some new pants. If it was me?...would not be a PRETTY SIGHT!!! lol

Curly.....Don't give up the goose just because TOM is here. With you sticking to OP and all the excercise, its just a fluke. Next week will be even better. Hang in there for the big whoosh!! Great shopping for you on the bargains!!

Hotcup......You are the workout woman of the day!!! WOOHOO....good luck with gearing up for day #1 of South Beach tommorow.

Last edited by angel-eyes; 09-12-2005 at 06:56 PM.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:01 PM   #1425  
Staying in 1derland!

oh yeah nothing will deter me from my mission!!!!!