Old 08-31-2005, 12:14 PM   #1321  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

hi everyone.. just checking it.. still not doing so good on my diet, but i only ate half of my dinner yesterday.. i;m getting ready to nuke the rest for lunch... and i did not have hot fudge brownie sundae for breakfast today, I had 2 cups of coffee with low fat cream and fat free milk... not so good, but not as bad as i have been..

MomX3 and LisaWY: WOW... congrats on the weight loss.. I am soo proud of you...

that is awesome.. and really motivating.. and somehow still a little saddening as well because it makes me realize that I should have stuck with it and wouldve been down there with ya'll.. and everyone else is doing so well..

Ok guys.. so heres my plan.. right now I have so much food in the house and since I've gone part time at my job I cant afford to restock with super healthy food, I dont have any really "BAD" foods, and cooking at home is alot better than the crap i've been eating at restraunts, especially since I will not fry food when i cook.. its too much work and oh so messy.. :-) ha ha well.. I plan to only go out to eat like once a week.. and only have 1 cheat day per week.. I'm not going to track my fat and calories yet, but I will keep a food journal.. and back to excersizing... its funny how I became addicted to it, but when i stopped it was so easy to not do it and now im dreading it.. I bought these pink stretch jeans when I first posted PIC they are a size 8 but will probably stretch to a 10.. so my goal is to fit into those pants by Easter... I will weigh in every Saturday, and post my progress for ya'll.. sorry to keep this so short, but my dogs are anxious to go outside.. I'll try to get back to ya'll later..

wish me luck

love ya
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:41 PM   #1322  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Deleted my rant

I'm sorry for posting that rant and I have since deleted it. This thread is not the place for me to vent about my journal and/or problems with chicks. I'm sorry to have pushed that on all of you.

I took today off also and I'm probably going to have to simply go to bed and sleep and/or nap to prevent over eating. Thanks for all your support and PM's. You guys are great. And DOING great. Awesome job.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:21 PM   #1323  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

we have to do 5 hours a week of mandatory overtime... and since i have procrastinated all week i only have today and tomorrow to cram the time in.. lol i still need 4 hours and 15 min.. BUT i am not gonna give up my workout time, so wheni get off at 5 im gonna go workout and then come back at 630 and stay till 8, if i do that today and tomorrow i can make my 5....... GRRRRRRRRR

I need a husband!

p.s. I finally whipped that scale into submission... but since i am not supposed to be lookin until next monday my lips are sealed!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:35 PM   #1324  
I deserve it!

Unhappy

Hello everyone. As you can see by my ticker, I am basically back where I started. Went to the doctor on Monday, never looked at the scale number, and I didn't want to hear it. Well, I called him and asked what it was 280 while wearing a paper dress!!! It's gotta be that paper dress!!

So, I wanna lose 30 pounds by Halloween. I think I can do it. I am praying that I have a lot of water weight (edema in my legs are really bad and none of my rings fit)...

I drank myself ill with water today...104 (add a little) ounces (64 ounces for an average person, and then 8 ounces for every 25 pounds over (130 pounds over - 5, for an extra 40. WHOO HOOOO!!!! i did it though.

I totally busted myself eating one of those baby chocolate covered doughnuts. Get this....I put the whole thing in my mouth and chewed it at once so others did not know I ate it. WHOA!! Is that like a binge-eating-in-privacy habit or what???!!

I just scared the daylights out of myself with that one. Serious time for the L2L. I need a serious kick in the pants, but they don't have a smiley for that.

Just wanted to check in with everyone to say hello, and let you know I'm thinking about you.

Love & Hugs to all...Keep posting, keep moving, keep breathing, keep strong!!!
looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:31 PM   #1325  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default a mini success.....

Hi everyone.....

Well I dreaded going out today for lunch with the girls as I only knew 2 friends and was meeting 3 more for the first time. The dread part is going to a chineese buffet restaurant. This restaurant has over 100ft, with 5 mini stations of food, food and more food. They even have a chocolate fountain!!! My success is that I stayed to a selected list of food that I looked up and calculated pts for, before I left to meet them. I WAS LEGAL FOR THE WHOLE MEAL!!! The best part was one girl said about my plate...."oh, that looks healthy". YES!!! I DID IT!!! They all went back for seconds and thirds and I slowly munched on my steamed dumplings, beef n' broccoli and steamed spinach. Then when it was desert time, I stayed cleared of the chocolate fountain and just had fresh fruit....watermelon, strawberries and pineapple. AGain....some of the girls had 2-3 desserts also. This is a real mini victory as I'm ALWAYS the one going back for more servings. YIPPIE!!!! bEST OF ALL....I STAYED TO MY PT LEVEL !!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:42 PM   #1326  
Staying in 1derland!

Angel Eyes: FEEL THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:39 PM   #1327  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Everyone !!

This is going to be really quick as I am in between meetings, but I haven't had a chance to get on here all day to see how everyone is doing.

Things are going well for me.. still getting up at 5:30 to walk the dog on my work days. Yeah for me I have been studying each night this week, so probably won't be back to check in till some time tomorrow.

Keep on keeping on my partners in crime and I will TTYS.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #1328  

Howdy Everybuddy!!!

Turtle: Don't worry about your rant. We understand. This isn't all about losing weight...this a friends helping friends!!! We care about you!! I am on some parents lists and you ought to hear it when you say your spank your child. YOu would of thought you commit a deadly sin. Big difference in spanking than beating..same with a kitty. ALthough my older one responds well to the newspaper. All now I have to do is pick one up and crumble it...and he straightens out. You might want to try that. (PS it doesn't work on M.....she just looks at you like, yea mom....)

TEB: YEa for getting your exercise in. THis has been a strange week for me exercise wise. I got in a lot of AP's early in the week but the last few days I have been really busy and they are non existant.

CUrly: Good for you for not letting overtime get in your way of exercising.

L2L: Yea..must of been the paper dress. LOL Don't think about it being 280...think about losing the first 10..and then break it down into 10's or 5's..what ever you need to do to stay focused. Post often here. We are here to support you on your journey. This isn't a race...we will all finish in our own time frame. Give yourself rewards... make it a game and you can be a winner or loser (which ever way you look at it) Good on the water...YIPPPEEEE I honestly thinks it helps ALOT!!!

Dee: You picked your plan now you have to let us lift you up to start on your journey. Like I told L2L...stay focused and your race will be won in no time. Focus on the first 10..then the next..then the next. I sent another friend of mine my new picture of me in my "non fat ladies" clothes. I put a note in there that said I am a 1/3 of the way there. It didn't register with her I needed to lose 120lbs total to get to WW goal. I am not sure I will get down that small. I am focusing on the next 10. I may never get to 144(WW goal) ...but I will get to the 160's. Then I will see what my ultimate goal will be. One of the things I do is read the success stories everyday on http://www.wwfamilyforum.com They motivate me to get to my next level which right now is to get below 220. My feeling is if they can do it...so can I.

Angel: Great on knowing what to eat before you eat it. LOL We went to chuppers(church supper) last night. They now hired a chef to prepare the meals. He had chicken/rice soup.. I left out the chix..don't like it anyway. He also had egg salad and deli sandwhiches. I wanted another 1/2 but didn't do it. LOL Desert was fruit salad (they brought out some cookies for the kids) plus they had a lettuce salad too with the meal. Very well balanced and healthy. Dinner was enjoyable and cheap. LOL

Petra: Our church had a concert last night and that was very enjoyable. IT was a young group that goes to the elem. schools to sing about the good things. On Wed and Sun...they sing in churches. Beautiful voices. I was sad by the amount of people there but school started yesterday in the public schools so I think many stayed home. I do have a question for you. I started a multi-vitamin...would that change my bowel movements?? The last few days I've had trouble going?

Jennie: How are you doing???

The last few days have been hard for me. I need to exercise but really haven't had the time. I am drinking my water and luckily I can pull my pants down without unbuttoning them which really helps with the dash to the potty. I am exercising as I go to the potty and coming back at work. I know I look strange but normally no one is there.

Some of you might know I have mentioned my sister before. She has cancer. She went through WL surgery and now can't stop losing weight. SHe is down to less than 100lbs. She is in the hospital today. She is not doing well. Mentially it is taking it toll on me. I want to be there but can't right now. I can't take the time off work, I really don't have the money to go to Fla, and I honestly can say...I don't want to see her in this condition. I also have Dave and Mallissa to think about. Mallissa can't be out of school for a week. IIf I went without her, Dave can't get her to school etc. HE leaves for work at 3am... My sister is living with my mom. I know it is hard on my mom, she is almost 70, although very healthy, I am concerned about her too. She has spent her life taking care of others.(7 kids, my grandmother in her last year, and my dad was sick for 10 years) My niece and her baby live with her too. My parents raised my niece and now my mom is helping raise her great granddaughter. I talked to my niece yesterday and gave her the lecture of stepping up to the plate and helping out. Nothing else matters now but helping her mom and grandma and taking care of her baby. I know in my heart it is toward the end. She is not there more than she is there. I have gone through several deaths of cancer and she is showing signs it is the end. She had her kidney out last year due to cancer and they think it has spread to her colon and other kidney. Please put her in your thoughts and prayers. My family has a habit of not telling you the whole story. A few weeks ago my mom mentioned hospice was involved. My niece said yesterday on the phone that the hospice nurse told her it was getting toward the end. I guess I figured that out when my mom told me about hospice. If you talk to my niece she says..oh mom is getting better. My mom says she has good days and bad days but I have noticed the bad days are more and more. They are in denial. It is hard being so far away but in reality if I want there ..there is nothing I can do. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

I am sending vibes that everyone stays OP today and everyone has a great day.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:10 AM   #1329  
Staying in 1derland!

Lisa: sending you a big and i will keep you and your family in my prayers..
Old 09-01-2005, 07:47 AM   #1330  
I deserve it!

Smile Good Day All!!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Lisa - I have sent prayers and angels your way to you and your family. Stay strong.

All - congrats on the exercise and staying OP. This week is tough. Apparently everyone and their brother things we need more donuts, and Krispy Kremes, and cookies, and cakes, tarts, pies, tortes, mousse, i'm about to scream Why do they have to the put it on the counter next to the same refrigerator my healthy snacks of veggies and my turkey wrap are in!!?? Somedays I hate being a cube-farmer! That is why I wore these tight pants to work. They just fit me so I can sit in them. I figured it would be motivation to not eat junk!!

Hang in there Divas...we can pull together and get through anything!
Love & Hugs,
L2L
looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #1331  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Arrow The start of September

Morning all. I'm still feeling "punk" as my late Mama used to call it. But I'm trying to fight my way out of it this time, instead of my usual shutting down and shutting out mode. I could just kick myself for even whining, when I see all the other problems in the world (and those close to home as well). My problems are just minscule and ridiculous in comparison. But I still feel like crap (maybe because of that fact). I HAVE to go to work today, so getting showered and dressed is a good start. Maybe getting out is what I need.

Lisa: My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm so sorry you're not only in pain, but torn. That's a painful thing. I wish you all the best. I wish you all peace.

To all the other PIC's:Curlylocks, TeaElleBee, Angel-Eyes, Petra,. Hang in there. You're all doing great. It's wonderful to have L2L and Dee back. If I missed anyone, it was just an oversight. I'll check in from work.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:39 PM   #1332  
Staying in 1derland!

lol here at work when we have a big ta do and everyone brings in food... they used to tease about everyone wearing their BUFFET PANTS... ya know the kind that stretch out easy.. so u can get more food in ur tummy..
Old 09-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #1333  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Lisa-I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope that she is comfortable and glad to hear that she has so much family with her now. Those are the important things. You are right, it does sound like the end.

I think you all have misunderstood my distress about the hurricaine. Yes, I'm disappointed about my vacation being cancelled but that isn't what has me so upset, I"m not that selfish. I truly love the city of New Orleans and watching what is happening there is tearing my heart out. I have actually decided that when I get my refund for my plane ticket I'm going to donate the money to the Red Cross or Salvation Army or something to help with the relief effort. I don't know how many of you looked at my website but the majority of the pictures on it were taken in that region. The giraffe pictures were taken at the Audobon Zoo in New Orleans, even the Magnolia blossom on the first page was taken in New Orleans, all of the wildlife pictures were taken in the Louisiana bayou. I also have a lot of pictures of a famous neighborhood (the Garden District) which has probably been destroyed if not at least seriously damaged. When I get a chance, I'm going to add them to my website as a tribute to the city. Most of those houses are from around the time of the civil war and many of them, I"m sure, will have to be torn down. This was a truly beautiful, unique place on earth. Under normal circumstances, there was an unusual sense of racial harmony there. What is going on right now is nothing short of a national disgrace and you will have a hard time convincing me that race has nothing to do with it. Even conservative news shows are outraged and that says something.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:55 AM   #1334  
Staying in 1derland!

I agree Petra it just makes me sick..and disgusted that in a country with the resources that we have that it takes 4 days to finally get some drinking water to these people....and 3 days for the government to get legislation to get some money together for them.. for craps sake look how many companies we have in the US selling bottled water... dont u think they could provide some?????
Old 09-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #1335  

I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words. I am surviving and staying OP. I think I am going to have a small loss this week. Atleast I hope so. I have decided to wait and see in regard to my sister. These illnesses can take a while. They did figure out her shaking was her blood sugar. The HIPPA laws are making it hard for my niece or mom to find out info. Mom did say the nurses have been great with her.

Our other piece of news this week is my stepson (M's bio dad) is moving to Colorado. About 3 hours from us. He got a job in the mine. The pay is wonderful and great benefits. He has been playing Mr. Mom with his other 2 kids b/c he couldn't find a job here. We are sad they are moving away b/c he was finally in our lives again. I am keeping the 2 year old this weekend. They wanted me to take the baby but she is sooooooo much work. LOL We are also going to my sis in laws Saturday to help build a fence.

Petra: I understood and realize you love the city. They are in my thoughts and prayers. Dave talked to a Fox News reporter on his show that is in NO on Tuesday...he said it is unimaginable what is "really" going on. He has chased hurricanes for 30 years and he said this is the worst one. The destruction is miles and miles..he compared the area from Cheyenne to Kansas City. I know Red Cross does good work, I used to work for them before we got M... but after the media spin they did after 9/11... my bet it with the SA. I think right now "everyone" is so confused they are unsure of what to do. This is massive.

Turtle: Stay our of your shell and you will be fine!! Put some of your nervous energy into exercise. That is what I am doing. I feel better and I am sleeping better. I am determined to go to the gym tonight and tomorrow morning. I need it for me mentally. I need to focus on me for a few hours.

L2L: I am glad I am normally the only one in my office!! I control the frig. LOL My coworker said to me the other day when I gave him some mini plums...I hate you healthy eaters. LOL He finally noticed I loss weight. Could it be the fact my pants are falling down?? Good for you for staying away from the goodies.

Curly: Keep your eye on the prize...LOL(might it be the man?) and you will be fine!

Dee: Hoping your picked your plan..picked yourself up and dusted off and now back OP.

Momx3: How are you doing?

TEB: I may be getting my exercise by walking or biking to work if gas continues to go up. Great for you that you are getting your exercise in early!!

Jennie: Still thinking about you girl. HOpe all is well.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote