Old 08-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #1276  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Sorry

Wow, that was like seriously BIG! Oops. Sorry
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:56 PM   #1277  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hey Kids !!

Well the dreaded studying has begun. I started this morning at 8:00 and just put my books down for a break. I have my first class on September 10, but in that first weekend we cover our first module, so trying to get ahead while I can.

Petra and Lisa - great job on your spooktacular start !! I hope I have equally good results to post on Monday.

Everyone is doing so well I hope we all keep it going. It would great if we all met our halloween goal and all treated ourselves to something special !!

Yesterday I popped into the mall at lunch to see if I could find some casual pants to wear to school. I have decided that I was not built to be fat. Clothes do not fit me very well. Pants fit in the waist, but the crotch feels like it hangs to my knees and the room in the butt and thighs could be used to as a parachute. My frame structure is an inverted triangle.. very broad across the shoulder and smaller in the butt and legs...and carry most of my weight in my mid section. And then there is that muffin top... you know the one girls...that pouch below your belly bottom that looks like the top of a muffin that overhangs the paper cup I will be so glad when I can fit into smaller pants.. < she steps down off the soap box>

So after all that I did get a few pairs of pants that are rather big in some places... but I will have to take what I can get at this point. If it were only acceptable to go to work/school in pajamas... then I would be a happy camper.

Now that I have rambled on, I better get back to it. Hope you all have a great day and enjoy the rest of your weekend !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:11 PM   #1278  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Since we are on soap boxes, accumulating fat around the midsection is a sign of insulin resistance and a hint that you might do well on a carbohydrate restricted diet. ?Core?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #1279  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Petra & Lisa woooo hoo!!! Tea im with ya girl.. jeans are baggy and the hips are huge and the waist is cutting me..
we must be shaped sorta the same way.. for some weird reason i also tend to be heavy across my back at the bra line.. tho the ladies workout express has helped me there a lot! no butt, and wide shoulders..

try the just my size semi stretchy pull on jeans.. i usually wear a 20 but they run big i have shorts in the same brand that are 14/16 's

ahhh petra found a site u may like dogsterdot com

Last edited by curlylocks; 08-27-2005 at 08:18 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #1280  

Curly-great site. Did you check out some of those pictures. Some of them are hysterical!
Old 08-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #1281  

Howdy PIC's.

How is this for an NSV. I went to Wally World last night to get groceries and misc other stuff. My workout shorts are falling off of me. LOL I am going to tuck the sides so I can keep wearing them for WI. I made a deal with myself...I am wearing those shorts for WI until I get to my goal. LOL I needed workout clothes for the winter. I went to the "fat ladies" dept. I know that sounds horrible but I have always called it that not trying to offend anyone. I tried on 18-20W which were too big and way too long. My ? is do clothes makers really think "fat" ladies are 10 ft tall? So I went to the regular ladies dept and found a pair of XL pants and jacket. They fit me nicely. I could lose more weight and they won't fall off but they are not tight. I bought them. I also tried on a pair of 18 jeans. They fit nicely too but I didn't buy them. I just wanted to see if I could get into them. I know my closet has many clothes sizes so I will dig in there. LOL My jeans I am wearing now I don't need to unbutton to take off which makes all that water drinking easier to go to the potty.

I will be back later to update our challenge and address everyone personaly but I am heading for church.

Hugs and Blessings,
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:26 AM   #1282  

My pants fit everywhere but the waist. When I sit down you can see down my pants. That's how my mom found out about my tattoo.

I am doing a challenge on another site and I had to weigh myself on Fri., Sat. and Sun. I hate doing that because it's depressing but this time I am really bummed. I actually went up a little everyday . I am hoping that it is just water weight. If not I will never make my Halloween Goal .
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:38 AM   #1283  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning Partners ! A rather overcast day here on the coast, I think we are due some rain, which wouldn't be a bad things as we haven't had any for quite some time.

I have more studying to do today anyway, so better that it not be glorious and sunny outside !

Petra - thank you for the information.. I definately know that I need to restrict my carbs. Is the insulin resistance something that you can be tested for ?

Curly - thanks for the tip on the jeans. I don't know if we carry that brand in Canada, but I will have a look for it.

Lisa - congrats on your purchase...must have felt great getting out of the "fat" ladies section. I wish the clothes up here were made for people who were tall !! I can never find pants that are long enough.. try finding clothes in plus sizes that are "tall" is next to impossible.

Mom - I hate that .. that is why I try to stay away from the scale during the week, although the advantage of it is that it really keeps you in check.

Well I better go have some breaky, my stomach is grumbling !

Have a relaxing Sunday and TTYS
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #1284  
Staying in 1derland!

Petra... turtle.. if u see something fly by your window... it will be my scale! yesterday morning i check 247 !! today it says 251 #$%%^%&&%!@#$$ flinging scale into the air..... so MOM i feel ur pain..

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! but tomorrow will be my offical WI so who knows what it will say tomorrow!!!

tho i'm thinking its becuz my cycle is all messed up with starting my BC on the 2nd week of the month so now i will end up with 2 tom's this month....

oh BTW i bought myself a "dance your pants off" tape on ebay for 2.99!!

Tea: they have a website.. and catalog sales... also try ebay.. oh and walmart carrys them!

Last edited by curlylocks; 08-28-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #1285  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Happy Week End

Now I'm officially on MY week end too. But I slipped up a little yesterday. I ate way too many nuts and I didn't drink all my water. I'm up a pound this morning, but there's lots of butts with that. It's much later in the day for my weigh in, I have't uhhh gone potty etc. But today I'm going to be super strict and not let that seven pound loss get away from me. I don't have time to comment to you each, individually, as it's time for breakfast and a shower, but I'll check in tonight before bed. I so hope I can hold this day together. Happy Sunday to all the PIC Chick/Divas. Great job!
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #1286  

TLB-yes, there is a test for insulin resistance although usually the diagnosis is just made on the basis of clinical symptoms. If you have the symptoms, you probably have it. You can ask your doctor about it if you are really interested.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #1287  
Staying in 1derland!

i would suggest an endocrinologist if u have good insurance coverage.. my family dr would check my blood sugar and say it was fine.. but this insulin resistance doesnt show up in the basic tests..

it was a nurse practicioner, for a neurologist that i was seeing for migraines that discoverd it for me.. when she ordered a hemoglobin A1c test and then refered me to the endocrinologist who did more testing
Old 08-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #1288  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone!!

Sun is shining and it looks like not a 'too hot' of a day. I had my coffee sitting on the front porch this morning, and all is right with the world. I love those flavoured coffee's, so I've concocted my own....tasters choice and then I add half a pkg of a sugarfree hot chocolate pkg. YUM YUM.....thats one thing that I miss down here in the States......Second Cup's flavoured coffee's!!! Give me a choc. raspberry or a bavarian choc. coffee any day!!!

I've been thinking about the all the posts about carbs and lately, the insulin resistence topic. Does anyone know the .....average daily amount of carbs eaten per day?.....what amount is typically considered a low carb diet?......and Petra? how many carbs do you try to have per day? I've been thinking, even though I've cut back my carbs that I still have way too many. I think I need to have lower carbs and higher protein per meal. Just a thought. Anyone care to comment?

TLB.......Where abouts in Canada are you? We moved from Ottawa, 4 years ago to the States. I don't remember the name of the pants that curlylocks was talking about, but I used to remember that Additionelle used to carry pants in tall sizes and most Reitman's had a plus size section towards the back of their stores. hehe...can you tell I used to work in a mall? I know all the best places!!

Curly.....way to go on the tape. Don't you just love a bargain!! Poor you...TOM twice this month? YUCK

Mom......hang in there, today just watch your intake and for heaven's sake....go potty!! Personally, I never weigh myself BEFORE I go to the bathroom. That just isn't right!!!

Have a good day! Thanks again Lisa, for the upkeep of the challenge chart.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #1289  

Angel-it's almost dangerous to ask me too much about carbohydrate consumption. I'm not sure what the average american diet contains these days but probably well over 500 grams per day. Anything less than 100 grams would probably still be considered low carb. I eat less than 40 per day and a minimum of 100 grams of protein per day.

I don't know if you guys know about my love affair with the city of New Orleans. I've visited there several times and hope to live there some day. My goal is about 5 years from now. I'm actually supposed to go there on Sept 6th for a few days for vacation so I have been glued to the Weather Channel the past day or so. One of my closest friends lives in Pensacola, FL and has family in Biloxi. Her family is all coming to her house for safety. I'm not sure I will be able to go to New Orleans next week, we'll have to see what happens. I'm just praying no one gets hurt. I know what all the structures are along the coast so I can't imagine what the city will look like after this.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:33 PM   #1290  
Staying in 1derland!

sure would be nice if miss katrina would just keep turning out to sea.. looks like she may swipe alabama as well... tho Mr. macho southern man aint friad' of no hurricane!

Miss curly locks would like to be in GA or AL by next year!

Last edited by curlylocks; 08-28-2005 at 08:23 PM.