Old 08-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #1261  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hiya HotCup............

Here's the recipie for the Hummus, I don't know if I ever mentioned that I'm Canadian....but all the measurements were in metric!! I finally converted it to regular everyday measurements for you but it was so funny to see it......

1 can of chickpeas (drain and rinse)
3 cloves of garlic
half teaspoon of salt (pinch)
1/4 Cup of lemon juice
1/2 Cup of tahini sauce (sesame paste)
1 tablespoon of parsley
2 green onions
half teaspoon of soya sauce
pinch of blk pepper
1.5 tablespoons of olive oil

Whirl all of ingredients in a food processor or blender. Serve with pita bread or cut up veggies.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #1262  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Toodles from work PIC's

Hello. Ahhhhh this is more like it! I so so so so love my job. And today is even more quiet than normal. I actually had a bit of real work to do and churned that out right away. I've read my email, posted in other's journals, wrote a few friendly emails, did the daily crossword and jigsaw, had my "lunch", logged my food and now I'm checking in on my PIC/Chick Divas. How goes it with you all? Ready for the week end? I work one more day and then I'm off Sunday and Monday. Pooh Bear hasn't seen me in a week and has plans to camp/bike/campfire/or anything fun. But sadly, that's sort of how we start off each week end. It just doesn't always come together. But just in case, I think I'll drag all my camping gear out to be ready.

Angel-eyes: Thanks for the recipe. I may just try that. Sounds great! And that's Phase I acceptable, right? Hope so. I bet it goes great with raw veggies. And it's raining here too. But I like the rain.

TeaElleBee: Wow, you're doing great on all that walking! I hope the tootsies feel better soon. How 'bout a nice bubbling soak for them? you deserve it.

Curlylocks: Thanks you for all the kudos. I couldn't have done it without all the help from YOU all! Thank you.

Lisa_WY: What Richard Simmons tapes do you do? I have so many and I recently tried a few of them. After doing WATP which is basically the same steps over and over (but easier to follow) I wanted a change. But haven't come across one I really like yet. Sadly, I still have some I've never even watched

MomX3: I'm sorry you're feeling low. I hope you get your wind back soon. I can't even imagine caring for a baby. I'm far too selfish to me a Mommy. I tip my turtle hat to you. I don't know how you function on that wee bit of sleep.

Okay, I'm off to cruise the South Beach forums. I love looking at other people's menus. That really helps me. I like to look at the recipes too, even though I don't cook. I'm always on the hunt of "NO COOK" recipes too. TTFN Chicks. Ciao Bella PIC's. Java Turtle
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:02 PM   #1263  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

I am so glad that we all have each other... seems like we each take turns "feeling low" It is such a boost to have all this support!!!

Turtle... make sure when u get to P2.. that u try that smoothie .. it is outta this world!!!

heres a good SB site to check out
southbeach-diet-plandot com

Last edited by curlylocks; 08-26-2005 at 07:13 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:16 PM   #1264  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Lightbulb Someone is missing

We seem to have a few PIC's missing. Should we send out a search party?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 PM   #1265  

Turtle - I am NOT a cook either but once I got to phase II I started making muffins and yesterday I made no bake cookies. If I don't make them then I don't know for sure they are okay for me and I am actually finding I like to bake. Whooda Thought. Great job on the weight . Keep up all of your hard work.

Curly - Yeah it would suck if we were all having a bad day at the same time. Somehow though I know we would still be able to help each other.

Angel - I think I will try the recipe without the onions. I HATE onions. I really wish I did'nt it would make life easier but I can't help it. I wish I could sleep when the baby naps but it is the time I take to exercise. She is going through bad seperation anxiety so me and dh can't leave her side most of the time. Oh well she won't be this young forever and I want to enjoy it while I can so this will be for awhile longer .

Lisa - I think I will weigh on Friday's. My weight this Friday was 218.8 so round it up to 219. I think I am slowing down now on the loss. That's alright it will come off.

Tea - I used to get horrible blisters on my feet as well. I have very high arches and that is where I got the blisters . I went out and got the stetchy ankle braces for both feet to help protect them and that helped alot.

Petra - You are really getting into the exercise thing. You go girlie!!! Your boys sounds so cute. I found mine laying in my oldest dd's lap with his head on a pillow. Too cute!!

TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:46 PM   #1266  

I just went to edit my siggy and realized I am down 50 pounds. Yeah!!! I still have a long way to go but hey at least I finally made the start .
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 06:26 AM   #1267  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default Saturday.... getting tuff

way to go Mom!!!!! just imagine a 50 lb sack of potatoes.... thats a lot!!!

oh BTW.. if u guys have "sheetz" stores near u they have some fantastic salads! salad with roast chicken etc.. if u bypass the option of the cheese many come in under 6 grams of fat...

OK .. I am tired of the scale see sawing on me!! Must get "boot camp tuff"!!!!! My mission as always... along with getting healthy... is to reel in that " sweet southern hunk o'man" hehehe ...( who by the way has found every lb ive lost... but i like Big guys)

ok back to the "boot camp" its 8 am and ive walked 2 1/2 miles already.. heading to my work out...( think i will do a double there) then i really should go get in some over time at work... but... but... I dont wanna go to work.....

what i wanna do is go get one of those leslie sansone walking dvd's for inside..

Oh and somewhere along the line i decided that i want a tatto.... I will be 45 on my bday... shhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone.. i tell everyone i am 42.. but now i cant decide if i wanna do it for my bday or when i get to onederland??

OK hope everyone enjoys the weekend... I am sure i'll be back before the day is over!

Last edited by curlylocks; 08-27-2005 at 08:26 AM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:38 AM   #1268  

Howdy PIC's
today is my WI and I am feeling better about it.My scale at home shows a loss so I will have to see what WW scale shows. I did mow the lawn last night and M and I went on a 3 mile bike ride. She did good and is getting used to her new bike. I am hoping we can go for a long one today.

Turtle: My favorite RS tape is Dance your pants off. I have 5 or 6 of them. BOught most off of amazon.com for less than $3.00 each. I like the Broadway sweat but the moves are a little harder. Disco sweat is ok but I still like DYPO the best. It is a 50 minute workout and has both high and low intervals. I love the music on it and sing a long. DH laughs at me althugh he says he is laughing at Richard. LOL I need these tapes for the winter when I can't get outside or to the gym.

Mom: Congrats on your loss!! We will get there. 50lbs is great!!

Curly: On another thread we just got done talking about tatoos and piercings. I do not want either. LOL I am a big chicken. LOL Hate needles and pain.

Angel: thanks for the hummus reciepe.

We do need to send out an SOS on our missing members.

I need to run..WI started and I haven't showered yet. Talk to you when I get back!!
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #1269  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default G'morning all!

Hello there. It's a glorious Saturday morning in "The Mountain State" perhaps a bit over cast, but it smells wonderful. It's my "Friday" and there's just one shift of work standing between me and the Pooh Bear. I stayed up late again last night grilling a chicken boobie and making tuna salad for my lunch. This should afford me some extra time this morning and I'll clean some more and perhaps get an exercise in.

Lisa_WY: Here's hoping (toastin my coffee to ya) that WW's scale shows a loss like your home one. I looked through all my RS tapes and I don't have that dance your pants off one, Geesh, I have a ton of them though. Enjoy those bike rides, I know we do. We've got such wonderful trails here. They used to be railroad tracks and are now converted, so they call them Rails to Trails.

Curlylocks: My sister swears that once you get a tattoo, you'll go nuts wanting more. She's only got one so far. I, on the other hand, went for the piercing option. Yep, several as a matter of fact. But see, I can always take them out later if I change my mind. There's a Lt on day shift that is always giving me grief about them and suggesting I take them out, but they interviewed and HIRED me with them in, they can't make me take them out now. LOL. No, they didn't really hurt. I like the shock value they present. People look at me and being 40, short, fat, AND in uniform, it just doesn't quite fit my persona and it keeps people guessing. LOL

I'll have to check Sheetz out. But you know, around here we had that sickness scare from the salads having uhhh, no I'd better not say. No one here would eat a salad from a conveinence store again if I did. But I have to pass at least one on my way to work. I'm sure I could work it into Phase I.

Good luck with that boot camp I have to laugh every time I see this little guy. Same color hat as WV State Troopers (which I worked for, for 12 1/2 years). Green weenies.

MomX3: Awesome on the fifty. Yes, pick up something that weighs that much, it's inspirational and UNBELIEVABLE. You really MUST do this. Trust me.

I will be checking in from work later today. Again, I so love this site and value each and every one of you here. Thank you for being here and being you!
Old 08-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #1270  
soon to be goddess

hey hey hey.....the gang is all here!!! I'm the last one to report in I think.

Hotcup......good job on the late kitchen duty. It helps so much by having food ready to grab. Last night I got a head start on boiling some eggs, for an egg salad sandwich for lunch today. Hey?...you could have that couldn't you? eggs and full fat mayo?....I know Atkins could. Piercings huh? do tell....

Curly.......I shared the same sentiment. I marked turning '40' by getting a tattoo. Funny though...although we had never talked about it, dh and I decided to get one almost at the same time. He scoped out a reputable tattoo parlour, got his first...and then I went and got mine. I usually forget that I have one as its on the back shoulder. A really pretty cluster of lilies, only about 2" in size. Dh waited awhile and then got another one and yup....he's dying for a third.

Mom.......AWESOME JOB!!! Just yesterday I took the time to actually count all your flashing flowers.....FANTASTIC!!! BTW....I usually make the hummus recipie without the onions also. Too much with the burp repeats!!! ohhh too gross, sorry!!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #1271  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone. I didn't get home until 1 am from the Eagles game. We left in the middle of the 4th quarter. Eagles were winning 27-3 but there was a ton of traffic. The weather was absolutely perfect and the seats were great. It was a great experience to be at a live game. My boys actually did well too-no surprises for me when I got home. Unfortunately, they still wanted breakfast at 6:30 this morning. I didn't make it to yoga this morning at 8 but I am going to the gym for a workout.

If we are using our regular weigh in day, I was 209.6 yesterday, which I have rounded to 210. That puts me at 30 lbs. I'm into the smallest clothes in my closet. I smell a shopping trip in my not too distant future.

I don't know about you guys and the onions. I LOVE onions. Never met an onion I didn't like. Vidalias especially. I like them raw, cooked, any which way. BTW Turtle, Tahini is kind of expensive and doesn't have too many other uses besides making hummus so unless you are planning to make a lot of it, I would still buy the hummus. Well , I suppose if you were into middle eastern cooking you might find some other uses for tahini but I doubt that you are. Some people substitute peanut butter for tahini. It has a similar texture and somewhat similar taste.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #1272  

Wahhooo...I lost another 2.4 this week!!!!! I am at 221 and it feels good.

I went to the Y and worked out this morning. I spent an hour on the eliptical and anotehr 20 doing weights. I feel great.

M has gymnastic competition this afternoon and afterwards we probably will go on our bikes. Supposed to be a beautiful weekend.

Went to the Farmers market and got lots of fruits and veggies. We are going to have steaks tonight with fresh corn on the cob on the grill.

Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #1273  
soon to be goddess

Petra.........Congratulations!!! You are doing such a great job....30lbs is quite the accomplishment!! **sniff sniff**....I smell a shopping spree also!!

Lisa......You rock girl!!! Notch another 2.4 lbs lost on your belt. Excellent job!!
Old 08-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #1274  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

The shopping spree is my reward for breaking 200 lbs. I haven't been below 200 lbs since I was in medical school--over 10 years ago now. I've already picked a day at the end of October to take off to go shopping.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:15 PM   #1275  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Talking Turtle in a cheerleading outfit

Petra and Lisa::::: Great JOB!!!!!