Old 03-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #301  

Good day...just posting to keep the thread from disappearing....more post more tonight.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #302  
northernclipper

Hello everyone

I started a low carb diet today that seem to work well with ww a friend show me how it helped her lose 7lbs in 2 weeks. I'll cross my fingers and hope for 2 to 5 lbs.

Cat bravo on the loss. I'ts nice to hear a site motivator and all around nice person get her just rewards(4lb loss) keep up the great work.

Susanne 1 1/2 inches gets you into a smaller size faster than a 1 1/2 lb loss. So lose the scales and keep the tape measure close. Stay op because your doing great.
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:43 PM   #303  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Hey Everyone!

Just a quickie post.

I did 5 miles of walking yesterday. Completed them in one hour!

Didn't do too well on Saturday at our party. I had 2 cans of pop (I can't remember when I last had just one can) and had some of the wonderful food. Sunday was another party, but I kept to drinking water and coffee. I had 3 slices of pizza, but I also had a big plate of salad. Didn't have any dinner tho (party was over lunch time).

Today I tried on jeans that didn't fit me even yesterday. Today they fit! AND I've been wearing them around all day! Will wonders never cease!

OT--I'm a really proud mama today. Today my son (age 6) was sworn in as a Canadian citizen (we adopted him from Guatemala). He was so proud. We were actually very lucky because since he is under 16, they usually just mail out the certificate. BUT our file had been randomly chosen for an audit. The lady doing the audit arranged for us to meet special with the judge who swore in my son and then we were taken to the "ceremony room" where we could take pictures with the judge by the flag. I just thought it was very nice for this lady to go out of her way to do that for us. Plus she was just SOOO nice! we were given bookmarks, flags and pins. A very nice experience.

GLEN--Keep working hard and you'll lose that pesky pound and a bit. I've never read that about the muscles and water. I've been exercising for a while now but the scale still stays the same. Wonder why I haven't lost weight from the water going away

Ok, better go. I've got so much to do this week. My head is spinning just thinking about it!!
Zanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:16 PM   #304  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Thanks NC what a nice thing to say Good Luck with the new diet

Susanne, WTG a 12 minute mile i dare'nt even attempt to jog at the moment my foot is hurting so much i'm practically limping around the house i seem to be getting one injury after another at the moment what a lovely story about your son how exciting for him.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:51 PM   #305  
"I'm working on it!"

CAT--I wasn't jogging- I was only walking! Maybe it's the shoes you are wearing or aren't wearing that are making your foot hurt. I was limping around too a couple of weeks ago. I had foot and calf muscle pain. I must have been compensating for those pains and ended up with hip pain as well. I went to the Running Room and had a person help me choose shoes. OH MY GOSH! almost instantly after putting on the shoes (I tried on about 10 pair but kept coming back to one particular one) the hip pain went away. The foot and leg muscle pain were gone within the next 2 days. the shoes weren't cheap--$150 plus tax, but I figure my feet and the rest of my body are worth it. Now that I know I really like these shoes, I will probably try to find them cheaper elsewhere. But I feel the service and attention given to me at the Running Room was worth the money.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:22 PM   #306  
northernclipper

cat take it easy til the foots 100% better, otherwise it takes forever to heal.

Susanne congrats on your son's citizenship it sounds like you had a lovely day. Hope the future holds only the best to all of you.
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:52 AM   #307  

Susanne, Congrats on your son's citizenship..I have family that have taken their and it is so heartfilling

Get the best shoes you can. I have had to wear orthodics for about 4 years now, and if I don't wear them for a couple of days, I can barely walk without pain, I pronate and my inner knees, and hips and lower back used to ache all the time.. $240 in orthodics, and custom fitted ugly shoes...$130... and no back pain, no sore knees, you really do need a professional to check it out,
because it is so important to get is done right... I know, I went through two pairs before I found the perfect ones....and make sure you don't use them too long after they breakdown, because the problems come back with a vengence

I am being good..did strength training tonight and 30 minutues of cardio, then I went out for chinese..so there goes all my good intentions lol\\Have a great night all..
Deborah17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:43 PM   #308  

Hello everyone!!

I'm here!! I have been sooooo busy the last week or so, but I'm back and ready to go...lost .8 week befor last, but went up .6 last week...its all the processed food I have been eating b/c there was just no time to cook!! I've missed you guy, you're a real help with the whole "dieting" bit...and I appreciate it!

Sorry that my come-back post was so short...still a little busy..but will MAKE time for you guys..

Cheers,

M.
MeRoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #309  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Susanne, i did'nt mean that you were jogging i just meant that i can't gosh that is moving if you can walk at 5MPH anything over 4.5mph puts me into a jog

I walked 2mls this morning the first since Saturday and i'm paying for it now this is just so annoying because i was enjoying my little routine up until this happening. I don't think its the shoes because my right foot is just fine it just seemed to collapse on me while i was walking at the mall i think NC is right i'll just have to rest it.

Deborah, "then i went out for chinese" sounds just like something i would do
Old 03-20-2004, 06:24 PM   #310  
stbakd

has everyone lost all their lbs. and don't need post again? i stayed the same at the scale
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #311  
"I'm working on it!"

GLEN--staying the same is better than a gain!

I haven't weighed in a while, or measured. This has been a BAD week with March Break and parties. I've had way too much junk food and know I'm bloated. Haven't done a lick of exercise either. Today's 6 mile walk is gonna be a killer And it's real windy here just now too.

Gotta get some coffee and breakfast then off to the track for my walk.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:23 PM   #312  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi

Glen, I HAVE'NT lost my lbs yet thats for sure i don't know where everyone is

Susanne, i'm sitting on my duff too and its very frustrating i so want to treadmill but i know that i'll suffer if i do the boredom also leads to overeating too I really need to get back OP here.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #313  
"I'm working on it!"

Cool Hi All!

Well, I still haven't weighed or measured, but got on some jeans that didn't fit a couple of weeks ago, so I guess I'm doing ok

My 6 mile walk yesterday was BRUTAL! That blasted wind! It was cold and strong. My back and shoulders ache today from hunching against the wind. My legs are good tho. My DH who is running, asked me if I wanted to cut it short (he was finished his 6 miles). I was going to, but DH and DS were snug in the car watching me, I just kept on going around and around the track till I finished my whole 6 miles. So I was quite proud of myself for not finishing early!

I'm glad that March Break is over and I can get back to my routine. My eating was better today and I'm drinking more water. I feel so much better! Tonight I may get on the elliptical, although it's supposed to be a rest day after my long walk yesterday.

CAT--c'mon! We can do this. Can you do any crunches or anything else--a bit of weights and if you don't have weights, you can use canned food for weights. I hope rest is all your foot needs. I had pain in only one foot and then I got my *magic* shoes and now I'm walking on sunshine!

Last edited by Zanne; 03-22-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #314  

well I certainly haven't lost either! I can't seem to get under 230...

I do so good during the day, but then I eat after the gym..... not good...and carbs too lol surprise surprise...I am a carb craver after all lol

But, I am determined and will just have to push through...

Did abs, triceps, upper back and legs at the gym before my 30 mins of cardio. I am determined that something will give and I know I can do it... as long as it isn't me giving out lol

have a great one...tomorrow is the opportunity to make a positive impact
Deborah17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #315  
Gym'll fix it!!

Susanne, what a trooper you too Deborah you are both putting me to shame you're right Susanne i could find something else to do i have a weight bench and an exercise bike but i never took to them like i did my treadmill wonder if it was the $2000 price tag that makes me love it so much i have done a lot of work around the house today..removing old tiles with a hammer and chisel so i'm sure i burned off some cals tomorrow i'll make sure i do my stability ball workout or something