Old 05-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Ran the 5k in 40 minutes, they didnt have official times so I just went by my cell phone. Didnt think about this til after but I couldve set the stopwatch on my phone. Gonna keep training cos I have more 5ks coming up in July

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Well done, burgundy!!!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:50 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Allison------ You amaze me everyday! You are the most dedicated person I have ever known!! I will be in detriot and up north but I can always make detours =)

Hey all! I jumped head first today. Spent 600 bucks to start Jenny craig today. I am so sick of trying to count cals or figure out food. Now... its all frozen and I add veggies and fruit. Easy as pie =)

I miss you guys soooo much.

Do you guys ever do challenges anymore?

**PS bought Zumba for wii today. Excited!**

Last edited by ajowens; 05-15-2011 at 01:54 AM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

YAY burgundy great job on the 5k!! What an accomplishment not long ago you were happy to run 3mins you must be so proud of yourself

I'm sore and tired the week really took it out of me I have been sleeping pretty well though the last few days. Going back to fit day to track calories I'm sure I am under eating, but I'm happy to be in a great workout routine

Happy Sunday
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

aj - love your new avatar pic - you look happy and gorgeous!

burgundy - wooooohooooo on your 5k! you rock!!!

marmalade - you are doing so well with your workouts - good for you!

Got in a good run this weekend and a bunch of yardwork but I'm still not really sticking to an eating plan. Have to get back in the groove....
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #111  

Ferumbras-thanks!!

AJ-Im glad I can inspire but I have plenty of bad days. Just try to make the good out weigh the bad. Im about 4 hrs north of Detroit. Maybe we can work something out. I tried zumba for wii, it was pretty fun but I am so uncoordinated. Let us know how Jenny Craig is.

Marmalade-I know I was stressing about that 3 minutes, granted I didnt run the whole 5k, but most of it.

Dance-thanks!! I've been the same way, doing good with workouts, just not sticking to an eating plan and I know thats why the scale refuses to move.

Today is mine and Chris' 9 year anniversary. Going out to dinner tonight and I am gonna make good choices. I got my 1st tattoo on Monday. Im not gonna post pics on FB yet cos I havent told my mom and sister. Dont want to tell them til I get to Alabama and they actually see it. Have to keep my mouth shut about it for 20 more days, thats gonna be hard. Its 8 stars that wrap around from the back of my shoulder to the front.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #112  

@Burgundy: Your tattoo sounds awesome, and of course, Happy Anniversary!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hey chicks! Happy anniversary burgundy 9years wowzers the tatto sounds great can't wait to see pics!

My week went from bad to worse having trouble with a bully in Ethans school. After complaining for weeks the rotten kid convinced him to do something very bad and they both got a days suspension yesterday. I did good yesterday food wise as I was at home with Ethan. Today however I got another call from the school they have now decided after speaking with his teachers that they need to pay attention and monitor the other childs interactions. They've decided to pair each of them with a adult for all outside play. I feel so bad for him now he gets picked on and get isolated from the other kids that is a great idea. I felt sick to my stomach all day hardly ate a thing beside a chocolate bar and a couple bananas *ugh* I know bad choice on the chocolate bar. Don't think TOM making our regular scheduled appointment this month helped out either haha
Making whole wheat spaghetti for dinner going to eat lots of veggies. Didn't get a work out in yesterday or today. Back at it tomorrow though started tracking my food on fitday again, so far so good besides today of course. Still trying to get under 200 the scale had better cooperate when TOM is gone or it'll be in some big trouble

Hope everyone had a better Wednesday than mine
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #114  

@Carved: Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble Ethan's been having. I suppose the good thing is that there's not much left to the school year and hopefully when the fall starts up the other kids won't continue to isolate him. Not sure that's much comfort, sorry. I hope things get better soon.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #115  

Thanks ladies, had a great day yesterday.

Marmalade-sorry to hear about the problems at school with Ethan. Dont get too stressed out. You are doing so good at dropping weight. Are you just counting calories?? I cant remember.

Did w6d1 c25k. I dont know what I was thinking when I decided to take the dogs with me. Never again. I will take them on walks but not when I run. Bandit wants to chase cars and Lizzy thinks I am gonna step on her and slows me down.

Gotta head to the boys house tonight til about 330 tomorrow. Might try to do w6d2 tomorrow evening. We'll see.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #116  

Got my hula hoop and arms hoops today! Okay, so I can only manage about 20 seconds with the hula hoop at the moment, but I'll get better. I've yet to try out the dvd that came with. As for the arm hoops, I can really feel them working my muscles. Here's hoping for some good toning after a month or two of this.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies! My name is Tia and I would love to join your group. I'm a part of another less active group. My buddies seem to have lost their motivation

A bit about me: I just came off a 3 month plateau. I am married and have 3 very entertaining boys 13, 8, 7 and I follow the Body for Life Program and eating plan. I envy people who run marathons and I even envy the people who have the desire to one day run a 5K or any K.
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #118  

Welcome, Tia! Glad to have you with us.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies, I would like to join as well. I'm 26, live in super active Boulder, CO, but am not lean or thin by any means, so I kind of stick out like a sore thumb. I'm single, no kids, no pets, no responsibilities, etc.

You guys seem pretty active and it'd be nice to have a group to check into to keep me motivated.

Kasia
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #120  

Hi, Kasia (Polish?)!

Welcome to your little group. What kind of plan or whatnot are you doing currently? [I'd meant to put "our" not "your", but I think I like the typo!]

A bit about me by way of intro: I'm finishing grad school, don't work, have a husband, no kids or pets, and we're having our wedding ceremony at the end of July, so I've a great big white motivator sitting in my closet urging me to get and stay in gear.

Last edited by Ferumbras; 05-21-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Freudian typo