Old 08-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #376  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I had a soda, a small can, yesterday so I'm starting my no soda challege over from day 1.

Aimee ~ I lost the weight I gained from TOM plus 1 more this week. I'm sure you'll hit your mini goal!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hey Shari! How many days did you make it? Congrats on the loss

I am down 1 pound this morning as well! I was worried I wouldn't lose a pound, so I am soooo relieved! just 2 pounds to go to make my mini goal, and I have 3 weeks to do it. Gotta get myself refocused and push thru these 3 weeks, and get to 253! I am feeling excited about this After this I start a new book, 9 weeks again, this time my goal will be 9 pounds, but that'll still take me to 244! It's been almost 3 years since I've been that weight. Anyways, I am just babbling...

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #378  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Aimee ~ I made it six days! Now I'm on day 2 again. WTG on the lb girlie!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #379  

Shari - congrats!! Thats longer than I am going these days! I think even if you resist soda for 6 days a week, thats putting you in a better position than not trying at all! So with that in mind... Congrats on making it to week 2, you should celebrate that!

I had the world's WORST eating day yesterday and today... this ALWAYS seems to happen.. I get close to a goal and then I ... do this. sabotage myself.. I just have a sick feeling in my stomach... sucky. Very sucky. How do I pick myself up and get back on track... I got on the scale this morning, and for some reason the scale was UP 1.3 pounds!! Granted it wasn't my weigh in day, yesterday was.. but still, just seeing the number was up that high... alright... thats my venting!

-Aimee
Old 09-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #380  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Aimee ~ I have that same problem too! I think it's very psychological. You just need to watch yourself toward the end of your goals. Remember, just because you had one 'bad' meal or snack, doesn't mean you have to eat bad for the rest of the day.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #381  

Shari - its amazing how psychological weight loss really is! I wish I could just turn it off! TOM should be starting in the next couple days, so maybe that'll help with the cravings. I want and NEED to reach this goal... I gotta make it happen! I haven't gotten on the scale in a few days, I have been having a paranoia that I've gained like 15 pounds.. which is SO not possible. Anyways, thats what's going on with me... Less thinking, more doing!

-Aimee
Old 09-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #382  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

girls!

Who wants to read a story? Just post it in the MisAdventures of Shari album. I got in three hours of walking yesterday. Actually, it was about 4 hours but 3 of those hours were back to back. It sucks being poor and having no transportation. I was all over freakin San Anto, going to a Target, Walgreens, and Walmart because they all had really good sales on groceries that I also had coupons for. Target was a 30 min bus ride away, Walgreens 15 min. I suppose it won't have been so bad if I had started early in the day like planned. But no, I woke up in horrific pain this morning and stayed in bed till late afternoon. When I could walk, I went to the clubhouse to use the phone. I called in to work then called Susie cause I really miss my dog Pullo (she's keeping him until I get the money up for my pet deposit). She said she would come by after 6 so I rushed out to hop on the bus for Target. I shopped, waited an hour for the bus, and managed to get home a few mins before 6. I waited for 2 hours and she never showed up. With my phone being off, I had no way of calling to see where she was. Since it was Saturday, that meant it was the last day for the sale at walgreens and also my yogurt coupons would expire. So I left the house around 8, while it was still light, and hiked over to the Walmart. I tried calling Susie about six times from there but she never picked up so I left a message and took the bus to the Walgreens. It was a little after 8:30 when I got there, I got my stuff, tried calling Susie again from a payphone, and missed my bus. By this time, it's completely dark and drizzling rain. So I laced up my boots, gathered my bags and umbrella, and started the trek home. I left the Walgreens around 9pm. I got to the Walmart around 11. Since it was already late and I was walking home anyway, I did the rest of my shopping at Wallyworld. I get in line and try to pay for my things and it wouldn't take my card! Seriously?! One of the few times I actually have money on the card and it doesn't go through. So I ended up using the money I had in my pocket and I left around 11:20. My apartments and the Walmart are on this very busy interstate-like road that has no sidewalks. There is the hiking trail that runs behind Walmart into the river bed under the bridge but the part that is on my side of the river is just a bunch of tall grass and woods, ok to hike through when it's broad daylight, no way in **** when it's pitch black. So the only way to get home at night is to walk the road, hugging the guardrails and praying you don't have a run-in with a drunk driver, soon to be roadkill, or some jackoff who thinks it's amusing to ride the guardrails and scare the **** out of whoever has the displeasure of walking that way. I did just that, and I made it. I got past the guardrails and did a Russian march through the tall grass (I wanted any creatures lurking about to know I was coming though) until I made it to the sidestreet leading to my apartments. I stood there, breathed, and thanked the big man that I wasn't hit by a car or bit by a snake, rabid raccoon, and/or possum. I turned my head and was startled to see four deer staring at me! Two adult and two babies. I looked at them, they looked at me. One of the adults took the Bambis and walked off a few feet then stopped and looked at me again while the other adult stood his/her ground and gawked at me. I started to walk away when another deer popped its head out of the grass! We all watched each other for a few minutes then I continued my walk home. I got home a little after midnight. My back and hip hurt and my feet were swollen, I just wanted to crash. But, of course, since I had to use the money in my pocket at Walmart cause it won't take my card, that meant I had no money to put on my laundry card so I had to wash my uniform for work in the tub and hang it out before I was able to get to bed. Nice. Buuuttt, I guess the brightside is I got plenty of exercise, I saved $18.77 with my coupons and the store coupons, and I got my first raincheck thingie from Target (this was also my first time shopping there too). They had 80% lean beef on sale for $1.49/lb but they were all out when I got there. I've never had a raincheck receipt before and it just tickles me.

Whew, that's a novel! Hope you all have great Labor Day!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #383  

Shari - wow! Thats quite the adventure! Hopefully you don't have to do that again! You wish you had a London Drugs in the USA! You can stack coupons, we have some women here who know the system and end up getting things for free!! It's kinda crazy!

-Aimee
Old 09-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #384  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Hey Aimee, I like the new avatar! Where you on a plane?
Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #385  

Shari - thanks! Josh took that picture of me in April on our way to my grandma's for easter. He normally takes bad pictures of me, so I was thrilled to see this one!

How's life without pop? I am still fully addicted But I am still working on things and trying to lose the weight!

-Aimee
Old 09-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #386  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Hi Girls!! Been busy lately. Tend to get onto FB but nothing else it seems.
Hope you are all well!
Hugs!
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #387  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

girls.

I'm feeling kinda down today. They cancelled my unemployment claim. I can appeal it, and I will, I'm just so pissed that I have to go through this again! And yesterday it rained so hard (which was good and much needed) but I ended up basically stranded on the other side of town because I was trying to apply for food stamps and I couldn't find the office! I finally found it after an hour of walking around, getting totally drenched by some jackass who didn't bother to slow down while driving through a lakesized puddle, and they tell me that I can only get the application there, not actually apply! Whatever.

Aimee ~ One of the guys brought me a soda today so I'm starting over. How are you?

Good to see you Wendy!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #388  

Shari - I am doing alright, just got paid and am making approx 300 dollars less than I used to before we moved. It sucks. And it sounds like I'm not the only one.. stupid money! I am still drinking pop, but I am not brave enough to try and quit it right now. I am starting to count calories again today, enough time off, and enough of a gain! I gained 4 pounds! Yikes! Only 8 days until my 9 week goal, I wasted far too much time eating bad.

Anyways, not much going on here, more work stuff... seems to be the theme of my life! I went to visit my grandma on Thursday night, and she'd been sick with a cold... and she gave it to me!!! So the plan for my days offf is to sleeeeeep!

-Aimee
Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #389  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Aimee ~ Stupid, stupid money. And supervisors. I had my first nightmare about my job last night. I have to get out of there.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #390  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Why does it have to be so darn hard to try lose weight? This sucks!! =(
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote