Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #16  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

ALRIGHT LITTLE MOTHER....WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF BLAKE?????? WE NEED UPDATES!!!

BOB
Old 09-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #17  

MS SUSAN!!!

BOB
Old 09-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #18  

Oh wow I love your graphics Bob. Just went over to that hungry-girl.com site. I really like reading about the new products etc. over there. I forgot to mention I tried those new steam bags for vegetables last night and of course lazy me loves them. It great to just pop your veggies in with no water or anything and throw in the microwave. My broccoli was done perfect. DH thinks I'm crazy for buying them. LOL
Old 09-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #19  
sef

Hi All,

Lazy weekend, which is good, DS BBQed yesterday and he's making tacos tonight. DIL down with a migraine. I have been editing a genealogy file my niece sent me on husband's side. It is really very interesting. Arthur still acting up so don't do any activity too long.

BOB: Checked with DS, and he told me the names of teams. Never asked before. I'll have to pay more attention so I'll know what you're talking about. Hate to admit it but kids enthusiasm is rubbing off on me for football.! I hate it when your body clock is not on same line as mental clock, It is so hard to sleep in if you're well.

FILLISE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

TONI: We had the same thing in Milford. It is right on the banks of the Delaware and there are a lot of campgrounds. It is good to see people having fun. Unfortunately there were some accidents but few and far between. I was wondering about those cooking bags. Birdseye has veggies in bags that you just put in microwave as is and they work wonderfully well.

Have to move so will check in again.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melanie and I'm a SAHM of 3 boys. I'm very new to Sugar Busters...I have read the book and am a tad overwhelmed.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #21  

3BLESSINGS: Glad to have you join us! Pull up a chair and join right in! Tell us about yourself, how old are your boys? Why are you feeling overwhelmed? If you have questions, or need suggestions, this is the place! We newbies! Sugarbusters is a great plan, and easy to follow, and it works! We can help you! Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone had a good and restful weekend. Ours was busy but fun. Yesterday we bought soem mums and azaeleas to plant. One of the nursery's was having a 50% off sale. The mums were huge and so nice. Now we have to get them in the ground.

Missy, Happy Birthday: Hope you get a minute to relax and enjoy it today.

Susan, Happy Birthday: Hope your day was special too.

Toni, I was wondering about the steam bags. I thought it was silly to buy them too, but hey if they work, why not? I buy the Bird's eye veggies that come in the steam bag and they are good too. Yum, meatloaf sounds good, may have to make one this week.

BOB, sorry about your Vols. I was pulling for them. How has your eating been going?

Monet, Company gone? Hope you found some time to get to the garage.

Thin, happy belated birthday to Rachael. 13 can be a scarry age. Glad you are having so much fun with them.

Sef, what a nice thing for that lady to say to you. I am sure they all appreciate what you do for them. It is so nice of you to take time out of your life to do that. I had Ashley's cell phone at one time and talked to her after Katrina, but that was it.
Wish she would pop in.

We will be without computers Wednesday and Thursday all day. So I won't be back on until Friday (hopefully if all goes well). Thursday I have to bowl in a bowl-a-thon UPS is putting on to raise money for the United way. Hope my back holds out. They are putting on a tailgating party and tickets to the U of L game too. So it should be a fun time.

Have a great day and if I don't get back later today, talk to you on Friday.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Oops! forgot someone.

3blessing this is a great place. Glad you can join us. Ask any questions you may have, someone will have an answer. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #24  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Oh Boy did someone mention College Football!!!???

Well I didn't fair to well on labor day, I was running around all morning and didn't eat anything until 1:30 so by then I was really hungry. Too much BBQ, beans, rice and potato salad. No exercise last night either But today is a new day and there are no serious eating holidays until the "mega-holiday" season gets here.

Rosemary
Hook em Horns! 1982 alumni! I bleed Burnt Orange! Need I say more...lol.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #25  
sef

Hi All!

The pits..........DIL was able to take GD's rental car to work and was going to take mine after lunch. I was headed out to the NH, got in car, turned car.....nothing! Tried again...a little grind and a click, click, click and.......nothing!

Had to call NH and cancel at last minute, then called DIL and told her. GD has to go into city for film work so she will take her Mom into work when she leaves, which will make for a short lunch time. DIL has two hour lunch and is able to come home, office is only 10 min. away.

Hope it is just the battery. Don't need anything big time.

I am going through old pictures and newspapers for my niece for genealogy book she is doing. Not a quick job, really takes time.

3Blessings: WELCOME You will find a lot of support here. Everyone is very nice and usually someone can answer a question. I find it a learning experience as they are so many helpful hints. Tell us a little about yourself.

MISSY: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Hope you have time to enjoy it.

SOLLY: Used to bowl a lot when I was younger. Then a few years ago I tried again, wound up with a sprained thumb and sore back! Hope you do well.

Just taking a break from picture sorting. Some I wonder why we even kept!

May good things happen, Shirley

PS - Scale down another 1#!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #26  

Gained a 1/2 lb. this week. I drank some wine over the week end and think that did it. Hopefully will do better this week. Every thing is my world is going okay. But for some reason I've got a heck of an ear ache.

Welcome 3 blessings. Hope you'll enjoy this way of eating as much as I do. Ask lots of questions. They're a great bunch of gals here. Tell us about you.

Happy Birthday Missy may you have a wonderful day.

Sef-Congrads on losing the a lb. Whoopie.....
Solly I love the bags. Its so easy and no clean up.

Rosemary- You're in the right place for sports here....LOL

Howdy Bob and Monet.....

Have to hurry.. Time to fix DH's lunch.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #27  

MRS MOMMY!!!!

BOB
Old 09-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #28  

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

I'm headed off to bed. I'm torn on my TV for the evening...BIG BROTHER is coming to an end soon and BIGGEST LOSER starts tonight at the same airing time!

I'm watching TASTE OF AMERICA and they are visiting the so called place the banana split was invented...sure looks good, but I just don't like those kinds of things...give me good old fashioned frozen custard any day.

I'm still not feeling well from the virus I had last week. So to answer your question JACKIE...last week, I lost 11lbs but that was mostly fluid and yes, it's back...today I've just not been hungry and the tummy just doesn't seem to want real food. I did eat breakfast, but when lunch came, I almost lost it. Everything feels like a cannon ball hitting bottom. It won't kill me to not eat, that's for sure. I'm drinking my water like a fish...it's the only thing that really tastes good to me.

WELCOME 3 BLESSINGS....we're always glad to have one more...anxious to hear more about you, so sit on down and open on up!

SARA....at least your color is right for me...I enjoy watching TEXAS play ball, but i'm a died in the wool SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE GAL!!! You'll have to keep us updated on who y'all play everyweek...the majority of us pull for teams in the same conference.

SLEEP TIGHT EVERY BUDDY...I'm crawling up in the four poster...TIPPY is already up there and snoring quite loudly. I'll talk to ya'll on the morrow

BOB
Old 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #29  
Bustin' Buddy

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! The day was pretty uneventful - just did mommy duties! Will celebrate this weekend though - my sister is coming to babysit!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #30  

I am sorry I have been MIA today. We had a weird power problem, where we had a tripped breaker that would not turn back on. We tried replacing it, nothing worked. When Tom got home, he tested his theories he formed thinking on the way home. I am married to a genius. He found a short/loose wire and now there is power in the lower level and garage again. The electrician will come next week and figure out how to solve the problems, but it is ok until then. In the meantime, I have electricity in the garagio again. I about went nuts with no power to work with. In addition, our internet would not work because the router is on that breaker.

Today was our 31st wedding anniversary. Where has the time gone?

I will check in tomorrow! I have chores to do, and we just got in from having dinner out. (Italian...cheese ravioli in cream pesto sauce...delicious, but probably not too legal.)

Closed Thread