Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #61  
Addicted to potato salad!

I hate football. Actually, I love football, but today I hate it because my Bills STINK!

BUT, I have this salsa that is so good on Triscuits:

Football Sunday Black Bean Salsa
(although it will work well on Saturdays, too)

3-2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
two slices of sweet onion, chopped into chunks
handfull of cilantro, chopped into bits
juice of one lime
salt/pepper to taste

Okay, chop everything up, toss into a bowl and squeeze the lime juice over top. If you make it in the morning, it tastes a bit better if you let it sit for a little bit, having it ready for afternoon games.

Last edited by techwife; 09-10-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #62  

Good morning! I just got back from taking James to the rapid transit train to the airport. He doesn't know when he will be back....hopefully by the weekend, but then I will be gone this coming weekend, so I may miss him.

I plan to get out to the garagio today. I want to try my hand at a few lamps. I am also going to make some apple bakers, since apple season is just about upon us!

I have not had coffee or breakfast yet, so I need to go rustle up some grub soon, as I am really getting hungry!

TECH: That dip sounds really good! Thanks for posting the recipe! I am going to try it. We ate at a new to us Mexican restaurant Saturday night and they had an unusual salsa that your recipe sounds similar too. It was really good!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #63  

Howdy all; Boy I didn't eat as good as I could have over the week end and also had some wine. I can feel myself getting out of control so have to quickly get back on board.... I can do it, I can do it..... Not much news here. I think I'll get some lettuce seed this week end and plant. Hopefully I'll get some before winter. Think I'll go wash some sheets. Will check back later.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #64  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Yes my people...it was a very good weekend for Football!

Horns34, TCU 13. After a very disappointing 1st half the horns came alive!

Then last night it was Cowboys 45, Giants 35 in a game that was exciting through and through!

Now...hmmmm...dont ask me about my eating please. All I know is today is a good day to start over

Rosemary
Old 09-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #65  

ROSEMARY:
Old 09-10-2007, 04:32 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie. I have been swamped today and I had lots of trouble logging in. Getting the new server messed up all my settings.

Good weekend, busy but good even though we didn't have plans. DD & I shopped yesterday some.

No time for replies, maybe tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #67  

Here ya go, BOB....eight mugs...four orange with footballs, four blue with basketballs. Tell me what you think....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobsmugs.jpg (18.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 09-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #68  

Monet...truly works of art! I love those!!

Well, it's official. I just got insurance for my salon so I can go to Watertown tomorrow, get a DBA and my shop license. I'm naming it Broadway Barber and Salon. I was GONNA name it Mane Street Barber and Salon, but the guy that is making the sign said that most of the North Country Bumkins might take the Mane parts to mean that it's a pet groomer. He's right. But since the main street is actually called Broadway, I'll name it the other. I'm going to get a barber pole for the outside and we have to lay laminate flooring and redirect some plumbing and then do a good paint job, but then I'm in! Except for I have to get some salon furniture...chair, station, shampoo sink, dryer chair, etc. I'm so excited...it needs some elbow grease, but I really like the layout and its just the right size for a one-person salon show. I can hardly wait...and just in time for Christmas and decorating it so. I hope I get to decorate it for Halloween! Then I also get to buy all the colors and perms and rollers and rods and foils and combs and barbicide maybe a new pair of scissors. Aprons and capes and towels and trash bags and a GOOD broom. Etc, etc, etc. Some people might object to it, but I decided to go with a 0% interest credit card. I only need a few thousand and the business loan rate was over 10%! So, if my time is up for the 0% interest and its not paid off yet, I can do a balance transfer to another 0% interest card. But I fully expect to have it paid off pretty quickly. I just can't wait. I'm so excited!!

Say your prayers for me!!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #69  

Congratulations, Techwife!
That is so awesome! I hope it goes better than you expect! I am so excited for you!!!!

Last edited by Ellen; 09-10-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #70  

Yea Techwife I'm so happy for you. I wish you loads of luck.

Monet the mugs are adorable.

Hi Rosemary and Solly.

Ordered new down pillows and a new comforter from Penney's can't wait till they get here. Had a lean cusine for dinner. I was to lazy to cook tonight. Now I'm sorry. I'm hungry again already.

Have a good evening.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #71  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

CONGRATS KRIS!!!!

WILL THERE BE A SPA????

BOB
Old 09-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #72  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OH MONET.....I LOVE THEM!!!!
THE FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL TOUCH ARE GREAT!!!!!
THEY WILL LOVE THEM!!!!!!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 09-10-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Made it to the gym last night for a good 50 minute workout. Skipped this morning's walk since I did lower body last night and I was afraid my legs would be tired. Don't want to burn out quickly here. Down 3 lbs today.

I didn't tell you al lmy new motivation. I got lucky enough to get a free ticket the the Susan Komen Pink Tie Ball. It is a big fund raising for the breast cancer org. It is really nice and I have always wanted to go, but it was so expensive for me and DH plus he would have to rent a tux. I have a friend you works in one of the cancer centers in town and she got 2 free tickets so she and I are going. I really don't think DH wanted to go anyway, plus I am afraid it will be an emotional night and I would be uncomfortable with him there. Plus we did not have the money for a tux. Back to my motivation. I tried on my dress from my DD's wedding 3 years ago, could not get it zipped past my ginormous boobs (as my DD calls them). I was so disappointed. So I know I cannot lose enough in 2 weeks to get into the dress, but it was a wake up call for me. Now I am struggeling trying to find a dress w/o buying one. A freind gave me 2 now I have to find shoes to match.

I should have never let this go this far. I am so mad at myself. So straight and narrow for me.

Monet, the mugs are beautiful.

Bob, some good football coming up.. It's or big game of the year, UK vs U of L. It will be on national tv so turn it on for Kate. I think the cats may have a chance finally to win.

Tech, I am so exicited for you. Fixit up the shop sounds like such fun (and hard work). I know you will be a great success.

Toni, there's not much to those Lean Cuisines, if that is all you eat. Tehy can be ok for lunch, but not dinner.

Got to get busy here. Have a great OP day.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #74  

I am so completely 100% sick to death of my husband's employers. He is at a trade show as we speak with his company and his boss told him that employing him is making the account they have with a local drug store chain too expensive for them to maintain. So....they are firing my husband. Their reasoning behind it is that his boss is hoping the drug store chain will hire Derek, but if his company continues to keep Derek on their payroll, the drug store chain will have no motivation to hire Derek. So, Derek's hoping the drug store hires him...which will give us health insurance at least...but also about a $10,000/yr pay cut. It just never ends. I hope to death that this doesn't mean an end to my salon. I'm more thinking it means I have to really work hard to make it work. We'll see. I just hate his employers. I'm so sick of this. At least I've learned not to panic. Something will work out, I'm sure.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #75  

Hello all. Wow we've been blessed with a wonderful fall day. Its in the 70's and so beautiful out it almost takes your breath away. I should have sat outside today but I didn't. I'm greedy and maybe we'll have another one tomorrow. Eating has been good. I think I'll have chicken and fried cabbage for dinner tonight. Breakfast was good one egg, two slices of bacon, and a piece of toast. I just had a V8 and some nuts.

Solly- Thats so great you lost 3 lbs. Wowie, Zowie......I'm back to weighing on Wed. Thats working better for me. You deserve to get to go to the ball and I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work.....

Tech- Dang I'm so sorry about your husbands job. I'll send up a prayer he gets a job with the drug store. You sure need to get your shop going...

Monet- Where are you?

Bob- Howdy gal. Hows work going?

Well guess I'll get the dog is barking outside and I need to check on him...
Closed Thread