Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #91  
focused and aiming

melissa, did you get your nap. i don't know about you, but i rest better if i go to walmart by myself. it's sort of a de-stressor for me. i'm proud of you for being motivated by the movie instead of depressed. you're beautiful already. curtis and i stayed about an hour at the archery shop. they had a pretty good crowd. would you believe i wore my shirttail in? that took courage, believe me.

{{{{{vickie}}}}} i hope you're feeling better. i miss your perky self here.

frouf, what a wonderful nsv for you. i'll bet you were smiling ear to ear. i would have been. wow! sounds like you got some yummy goodies. you're going to enjoy yourself and not feel deprived. that's good. i have to admit i'm liking my hair more now that it's grown for a couple of weeks. i did call and change my next appt from next week to the end of the month. i think i may have found a length that's better for me. i don't feel so "butch" now. have fun tonight.

rita, thanks for clarifying "latish" for me. i was lost. i hope you had a good time even without the little one.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:37 PM   #92  

Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed my sons and daughter. It is a long story with the DIL The meal was wonderful I did have some real butter (mixed with light margarine) with my crab legs. Except for that though everything was core. Tried a new dessert on the spur of the moment. I had made some white chocolate pudding yesterday and had quite a bit of that left. I mixed up the cheese cake pudding pack with the yogurt then layered it with the white chocolate and served it with peaches and strawberries. It was delicious. I feel alot better now that my house is clean

Vickie, I hate that you are sick. I miss you on the board and I know you are looking forward to babysitting tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon.

Sandra, Sounds like you are feeling so much better! I was impressed about tucking the shirt in, that is truly a big step! What is NSV?

Frouf, Congratulations on your skirt That is so motivating isn't it! You sound like you are really prepared for the new week. It's wonderful having a gf doing core with you! I hope yall have a great time!

Melissa, Hope you got some rest today and that you enjoy your church thing tonight. It's funny how a season can motivate you, but I understand what you mean!
Old 08-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #93  

Height: 5'7"

A quick note here: my dad, aunt and uncle are here right now. They're trying to find a place for my other aunt, the addict. I think they've found a place so they're leaving now to pick her up and take her in for an assessment. Good Lord, this is too much drama.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:42 PM   #94  

Melissa, you never know... I've heard of weirder things. You could just be getting sick though. Get that nap in! You'd make one of us do it, and wouldn't think we were lazy, so treat yourself just as nicely. One thing I've learned as a mom is this: you can't take care of everything and everyone else if you don't take care of yourself first. It works in the short run, but eventually, it all falls apart and you're much worse off than if you had taken the time in the first place. Anway, off my soapbox now.

I just got in from a major weeding fest in the garden. My mom, dad, older daughters, and two brothers were all out there, so it went pretty quickly. We also spread mulch on the cleared out space (left over from when we pulled the beans and peas earlier this week) and dad tilled it. We're planting new spinach, radishes, and beans, hoping to get in another crop before it gets too cold. Sandra, I'm trying that tenata recipe you posted. It's in the oven now, and it smells fantastic. I didn't have any green chilis to put on top, so I just drizzled it w/oil and sprinkled salt. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Also, have any of you tried the Dannon Light & Fit yogurt? I know it's not Core, but WOW, it's good. I usually gag down yogurt or avoid it all together, but this I'm savoring.

I've got to do dishes now, so I'd better go. Ta ta!
Angela
Old 08-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #95  

Kathy, Keeping my that your aunt gets into this place.

Angela, yall are tireless in the garden. You should be getting plenty of activity points Not only that, you end up with bunches of core foods!

I am on my third glass of water!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:11 PM   #96  

Rita, that DIL of yours is really ticking me off!

Okay, my dad, aunt and uncle are gone. Judd left a while ago; we aren't speaking today. Shaun (DS) isn't ready for his things to get moved yet and Judd is irritated at his lagging. I say whatever -- if he can find someone to move him in, then great! Meanwhile, let us know when you need some help.

Tonight's dinner will be a good one; meatloaf, green beans, new potatoes and I made a peach cobbler. Yummmmmm!!! My dad will be falling asleep the second he finishes eating, so there's no worry about having to entertain him tonight!!

BBL -- or maybe tomorrow -- to respond. Meanwhile, hang in there, everybody!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #97  
focused and aiming

rita, i may be saying this wrong, but i think nsv means non-scale victory. someone correct me if i'm wrong. sounds like you had a good time today. congratulations on making so many mindful food choices. (i'm wording it that way because of my ww meeting this week. topic: mindful food choices)

kathy, you do have a lot of drama going on now. what's bbl?

angela, i didn't have any chilies when i made it either. it worked all right. when i first saw "weeding fest" i thought you meant wedding fest". could ya'll come over and help with the front rosebed next to the sidewalk?

got to go change today's menu. i made some adjustments. have a good evening, everyone. we'll be watching big bro then the hummers.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #98  

BBL = Be back later.

Well. I'm getting too much grief from Judd over my DS moving in. I'm about to tell him not to make me choose between the two of them. I really don't need any of this, and am about to totally collapse because of it. So sad.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #99  

Kathy, Life is always filled with some kind of drama, huh? I hope things get straightened out, and you get some peace and rest.

The tenata (basically roasted veggies) turned out delicious. I think I would bake them a little less than an hour. The squash and zucchini were a tad bit too squishy. But other than that, yum yum! I ate them with barbecued baby back ribs - quite tasty.

I'm off to bed now. I'm sending good sleep vibes to everyone tonight. May we all wake up tomorrow completely rested and able to take on the new day.

Angela
Old 08-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #100  

Well. Now it turns out that my dad left part of his facemask and hose stuff at home. Two hours away. I was going to get it because he has to have it to sleep with. Instead Judd said he would go. I think he just wants to get out of the house. I expect him back around 2:00 in the morning.

He's pretty ticked at us all -- Kate because her room is a freakin' disaster. Shaun because he can't make up his mind about anything and is a total wreck. And me because he thinks I'm a bad parent. That's probably it in a nutshell. But whatever. Doesn't matter to me.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:02 AM   #101  

Smile Going for a Great Core Sunday!

Good Morning Ladies! It is pouring rain here again. It has rained every day for over a week now. I guess this time of year we have 3 choices, burn up, rain, or hurricane. It's not a hurricane, so I guess I won't complain I am down 2 pounds this morning

Kathy, Bless your heart It is so difficult when you have differences about the younguns. I am in a step situation, 2 of his and one of mine. That is probably one of the few things we ever argued about. Nothing can make you feel more defensive than your younguns. Even now, with all of them kind of grown (they think they are), it can still throw a wrench in the spokes with us every now and then. IMO men tend to be "sh** or get off the pot" kind of people, they don't have empathy for the feeling part of the kids. I know my dh would be extremely agitated if he had planned on moving stuff and the ds wasn't ready and with all the other extra stressors added in he would be really grumpy! I sure hope that today is a better day for yall. Just try to remember what brought yall together to begin with and realize that this is just one small bump in the road on a really long highway! By the way, I am so proud you had such a good supper in the midst of all of your stress

Vickie, sure hope you are feeling better today!

Frouf, I just know you are excited with your wonderful groceries! I can't wait to see your menu today

Melissa, Hope you rested well. I think sometimes it is not really that we are tired from lack of sleep, but busy stressful lives! Be sure you take some time just for you!

Sandra, You sound like a different woman from the one I met when I first came on this board. I love going to the meetings. They really inspire me to do good and it sounds like it is helping you too. I know you will make mindful food choices today

Angela, Hope you enjoy some of the bounty of your harvest today. I wish I would have gotten off my duff and planted my garden this year. Maybe next year!

I am going to plan my menu, I usually am already done with it by now. Makes me nervous waiting til the last minute because that's when I do bad things.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:27 AM   #102  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Girls. Still not feeling great but have babysitting today for the 2 year old and 4 year old Great Nephew and Niece. Must be ready to leave by 11:30 and I have no idea what I'm going to have for lunch. Not a good thing.

Kathy, hang in there. Judd will return to normal. I'm sure it's aggravating to have DS being indecisive when it impacts on him. Rita's right; guys are such bottom line kind of creatures. They solve problems, they don't want to stand around and talk about them! It was nice that he volunteered to go get your Dad's equipment. A 4 hour round trip is no small endeavor and still a generous gesture.

Rita, you sound so excited. I'm VERY happy for you the scale is down. I can barely remember when the scale moved! I'm always more secure when I have a plan too. Guess I better stop feeling sorry for myself and just keep on truckin. I'm drinking 10 8 ounce glasses of water a day and getting my exercise. I used all my points this week so that's not good. I really tracked carefully and I think I might be using more points than I did in the beginning. I'm going to try to cut back really far on the points next week. Too late now for Monday's weigh in. Sorry about your DIL. She doesn't sound like a very nice person.

Angela, I love roasted veggies. I should make them again. Jim doesn't like them so I only made them once. It's a pain to make something for me and something different for him. I have to tell myself that I'm worth it.

Sandra, you go girl, with your cute little self with your shirt tail all tucked in! I cannot remember the last time I tucked!

Frouf, I hope you had a GREAT time with your GF at dinner. What a terrific NSV you had with your skirt. Gotta love this program, don't you?!

Melissa, hope you got a nap and are feeling more rested. Did you enjoy the church program?

Well, I MUST get on the treadmill today because I've decided not to exercise before weigh in on Mondays since my meeting is at 10:30. It's going to be very, very hot here for the next 4 days so I hope to be able to get in the pool. We have a Handyman coming on Tuesday so I won't feel like I can go in the pool until after he leaves at about 4:30. I'm sure it will still be hot enough!

Hope you all have a great Core day. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back here today.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:31 AM   #103  

Vickie, So glad you are feeling a little better! I think it is easy to lose track of our points unless we track them. I am doing that this week & measuring my oil and margarine, which is where I tend to slip my points in. I need to get on the exercise thing too! That could be one reason why you're not seeing a big shift in weight, you're building muscle with all of your exercise & muscle weighs more than fat I am sure you will have a loss soon! Do you drink much liquid before your weigh in? You know 16 oz of water weighs a pound. I don't drink anything but a sip after 1:00 when I have to weigh at 6:00.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #104  
focused and aiming

kathy, i am very sorry for your stress. i know first hand how it's not always easy when your children aren't your husband's, too. i hope everything gets resolved soon. men (sometimes even if they are the biological father) don't always understand us mothers.

angela, i'm glad you liked the tenata. thanks for the tip. i'll cook them a little less next time.

rita, that's fantastic losing those 2 lbs! you're doing so well. thank you for what you said. i do feel like i've been rejuvenated. guess i'm on sort of a second (or 50th?) honeymoon with weight watchers. actually, i joined ww the first time in october (i think the 14th) back in 1968. (probably before some of you were born) i don't think i'll ever give up on losing weight. it's just a long, long journey for me. i did get to goal for the first time in 2000 but wasn't there long. oh, well, life is good.

melissa, how's your day?

linda? lisa? frouf? i hope you're having a great weekend.

vickie, you still sound like you don't feel too well. i hope you mend soon. i'm not exercising (again). my left foot's been hurting since i did my little walk in place in the hot tub. i knew better than to do that barefooted. maybe i'll grow up some day, but i doubt it. i'm sending you for wi tomorrow.

i'm baking the mexican polenta bake now; plus, i have spaghetti cooking. i'm going to be ready for the week. i like to do ahead of time cooking even though i'm retired and don't have a set schedule. i'm still busy. we usually practice till around noon during the week. it's too hot to do much cooking in the afternoon even though we're air conditioned.

guess i'm rambling and should get off here. have a super sunday.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #105  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! Wow...quiet board today!

Rita, I use many of my points with smart balance margarine and I hadn't been measuring. I don't think I was doing badly but I think not tracking was not good. I think I honestly forgot some things I ate. I decided partly not to exercise before weigh in because I was drinking 32 ounces of water plus a couple of cups of coffee and my breakfast before weigh in. Tomorrow I'm just going to have breakfast and my coffee before I go.

Sandra, thanks for the blinks. Boy do I need them! Cooking ahead is a great idea. Hope you got alot done. I'm sorry you hurt your foot. You had good intentions though! I hope you can exercise again soon.

I'm off to an early dinner now so I can come home and go in the pool. I talked Jim into swimming with me after dinner. I did walk on the treadmill and I'll try to get some more exercise in the pool. I'm sick of weigh ins were I don't lose!

I may not be able to come back until morning. Hope you are all doing well.
Closed Thread