Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #211  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm feeling like today is going to be a challenge. I've had my cereal and a shake and I'm feeling "empty." Lunch is provided for us today (subs) so that adds to the challenge. I guess I'll just try to weather through it.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #212  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hey everyone!

It's been busy around here with lots of tests and assignments, so I'm sorry I've been scarce! Weigh in day is tomorrow, so I'm hoping for good news. Last week's weigh in was only down .6 lbs, which I was happy with considering I was traveling for half of that and didn't bring my food with me, since I was staying with a host student for a med school interview and didn't want to seem strange.

I'm also excited because tomorrow my shipment from Baja Bob's is supposed to come in. I ordered some individual margarita mix packets for times when I'm out with friends and some other things for myself, so that if I want to have a drink, I don't have to go way out of line with the sugar!

I'm still keeping up with reading all of your posts, though, so keep them coming! I enjoy reading even if I don't have time to reply often!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #213  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Janell - did I miss something?? Moving truck?? Did your hubs get the job?? I'm sooo confused

Meg - I hate days like that...meanwhile I'm scarfing down a box of Alphabits cereal, luckily it's just a small box, but I'm a big time stess eater..so here we go!! I think it's getting time for "Aunt Flo", seems I can't get satisfied all of a sudden...hang in there girl..be strong!

COUPON ALERT: I hit Kroger yesterday afternoon - didn't need anything, but had some ECoupons that were expiring - ended up getting a GREAT steal on 3 boxes of Cheerios, 1 bottle of Scope, 1 pkg betty crocker cookie mix and 8 yoplait yogurts...$8.45!! Saved 65%!! YAY ME!!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #214  
Goddess of All

Janell: I wondered that too. Why are you moving??

Lindsey: Glad you could pop in.

Kristi: Here's my CVS deals from yesterday: purchased 2 lipsticks, 2 deo's and 2 shaving creams. Paid $13.15 out of pocket and walked away with $15.80 in Extra Reward bucks. I'm going back today to get a few other things and to spend!!

I ate 3 cookies.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #215  
Calorie Cutting Queen

SAWEET Meg!! Girl you are playing the game the right way!! Isn't it fun! I think of it as a challenge - to see how much I can walk out of the store with and for the LOWEST cost! Our Walmart associates look at you like you're taking money from their pockets if you use coupons and don't even think about admatching - it's a crime in their eyes...so now Kroger gets the bulk of my business!! (plus they double coupons too!!)

Good for you for stopping with 3 cookies - I've been scarfing like a hog all day - got to be Aunt Flo on the horizon cause this ain't like me..not since April anyways...
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #216  
Goddess of All

Kristi: Ready for My CVS run today? I walked out with 1 lipstick and 2 bottles of laundry detergent. I put $2.02 on my credit card (for which I get miles) and got $5 in ECB!!

I have a grocery store run planned (oh, so carefully) for tomorrow at a store that does double coupons.

Good thing I have Friday off because that's what day my HUGE shipment (like 2 month's worth) arrives and it says it will need a signature. That's also when my replacements from what I returned should arrive.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 305/293.2/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody--Tuesday was my weigh-in and I was shocked that "Aunt Flo" came super early this week. No wonder I was so hungry and craving lots of junk! I did some research and this is a side effect of starting low carb eating, but things should become regular in time. Good to know. In any case, I did lose 1.6--and that ROCKS! What I love in particular is that I am not crazy hungry all the time, constantly looking for the next opportunity to stuff the pie-hole. I tried low carbing in the past, and while I liked it, I am not a crazy bit meat eater, so only having to figure out one meal a day is fabulous.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #218  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Sorry, must have forgotten to tell you we are putting our house on the market and moving down the street into a rental. Kel doesnt officially have another job yet, but it will come and everything he has interviewed for has been out of town, so a big move is in the cards. He talked to a recruiter today with more leads, so it is definately going to happen - just don't know when or where yet. The house down the street came open and it was a great opportunity, cheap rent and so close that the move will be fairly easy. We have been moving stuff in over the past week, trying to get all the little stuff moved and then the movers will just have to take the big stuff. We have two dogs and two cats, which doesnt make it easy to show the house, so we are hoping it sells faster empty.

I hear you gals about the stress eating and TOM. That is always a hard time for me as well. I love the mantra about never giving up - I totally agree. As long as we are still in the fight, we will WIN!! Never giving up is the key for sure!!!

Anyone watch the Biggest Loser tonight? I didn't even know it was starting again, they must not have advertised very much. I just caught the last half hour, but it looks to be another great season.

I actually left work early today and have been in bed sick - I think the stress is finally taking its toll. It is nice to be able to come on here and stay connected. Funny how we can all bond over our similarities and find comfort knowing we are all going through the same thing.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #219  

Height: 5'6

WS should be arriving tomorrow! Yay! I'll be restarting officially on Thursday. No more games! I am not waiting until Sunday/Monday to start. I am starting Thursday since I will have it tomorrow and will be able to go grocery shopping to get any extras.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Side Note: I am TERRIFIED to step on the scale. =(
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

I am excited..just found out that my order just cleared customs! But it will not be delivered until Friday, as tomorrow is a holiday here! I am almost on my way to being me!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #221  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Hi yall...UGH...my belly sure is rebelling against me for all the crud I've been scarfing...Today I'm totally on plan - have got to get this feeling behind me and get back to good!! So far I've had 8oz water, 1 shake and my WS cereal..will be eating my bar at lunch and then it's shakes only until dinner tonight!

Meg - your CVS trip is awesome!! We don't have one of those here anymore - but I did go to RiteAid and signed up for their loyalty card thing...haven't been to Walgreens to do that yet. Keep it up and your WS food will be almost FREE by using all your savings for it!

Janell - sounds like yall have a plan and I'm sure it's all going to fall into place like it should! Very smart move on showing an empty house vs one with critters in it...AND by renting you'll be able to pack up and move to where your hubs lands with no major loose ends left behind! Good luck to you girl..if I were close I'd help ya pack!

Luv - CONGRATS on your loss...sorry Flo came early for you; but at least you still show a loss! Hang in there!!

Kelly - YOU GO GIRL!! I'm soooo glad to have you back and because of my being bad lately (and know the repercussions of that), I know that your body will be glad you're back too!

Onmyway - Congrats!! You've only got 2 more days till your stuff is delivered! Enjoy!! Don't be overwhelmed by all the boxes - it's really great once you get everything in it's place all nice and organized!

I've got to get my eyes dialated today - just a regular thing my eye doc does annually...I hate it - it's sooo uncomfortable not to mention my BLUE eyes turn to black eyes!! TOO CREEPY!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #222  
Goddess of All

I've got that "empty" feeling again today. Like I want to hit the vending machine and hit it hard! And I wonder if it's because I've been having some diet soda in the AM when I get to work?!! I've heard that it can cause cravings for sugar even though it doesn't contain sugar!

Anyone else notice that?

So my goal is to keep on track. No left-over cookies here today (I wonder why?!)

I did try the Special K Protein Plus cereal last night. It was OK. I put splenda on it and maybe didn't need to. I'm interested in tasting the Kashi cereal. But I need a COUPON to buy it!!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #223  

Height: 5'6

Got my WS and starting TOMORROW!

Ugh. Just got on the scale. I've ballooned back up to 270...wow I completely undid like all my previous hard work and then some!

Oh well. Time to get serious...again. It has taught me that no matter how hard I work this is never over and I will always have to work hard to lose weight and maintain but it will be worth it.

I'll be back on as much as possible. I really wish I had more time.

Also, yes it is night time here so I know that it is not so much an accurate reading on the weigh in. I did this mostly on purpose due to wanting to see a big first drop because I really could use more motivation. Also, I will be too tired to think in the morning as per normal and I probably would have forgotten. I am going to weigh in again on Sunday morning and keep that as my normal weigh in day as it is the only day off I have so it is easier to make sure I do it in the mornings.

Last edited by MutableParadox; 09-22-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

Kristikins: I can't wait to get to get it and get organized...Hoping to start Monday as my husband finally has a weekend off (3 days in a row) so we will be out and about..mostly at the hospital with a friend who is 41 and has been fighting cancer for 4 years..traveling all over the world for treatments.. now as of Sunday he is now paralyzed totally on the right side. Just got a call from his wife...things are not good...so I am on call to look after their kids and my husband will be at the hospital with her tomorrow when she gets the news from the dr... so please send prayers this way..
Old 09-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #225  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Meg - the Kashi cereal is loaded w/ fiber, but most of what I've tasted of it tastes like hay/grass and dirt...not a fan of it. Now I think they had one blueberry kind that was pretty good - flakes and blueberries...I just checked my coupon binder - I don't have any Kashi coupons - will keep my eyes peeled for ya though!!

Kelly - I totally know what you mean girl...my week hiatus caused a 3.5 pound gain (even with all those bathroom trips), but with being good yesterday I saw 1.5 of that gone this morning!! I too will keep my nose to the grindstone fo sho!! Hoping that you're doing well today - your official day 1!! Good to have you back!

Onmyway - sorry to hear about your friend...cancer is such a horrible disease - my Dads family has all been stricken with some form or another of it - malenoma, pancreatic, bone, brain, lung, colon...it's really scary! Know that I'm keeping your friend in my prayers as well as his wife/kids and you and your hubs too! It's a very trying time for you all! Not sure if you know or not - but your local chapter of American Cancer Society brings a case of ensure drinks monthly to cancer patients. It's worth looking into - if he's not already getting it. I have 2 cases delivered to my office each month - one for my Uncle and the other for a lady I met at a marketing function for work. That stuff is expensive and the free case a month sure can help out! Sometimes they can even swing 2 cases a month if the patient is really in need of it! They also help out with medical bills, gas cost to go to treatments, etc. Hang in there girl..if I can do anything from here, let me know, but my prayers are certain!

As I mentioned above I did GOOD yesterday! I can already feel the difference in my body...it's saying THANK YOU!!! Yall have a good day!
Closed Thread