Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I am the ONLY person dressed up at work. Everyone else is so lame...ugh! I'm a cowgirl Just used the same costume I used for the Murder Mystery DH and I went to.

My son is an amateur surgeon...lol. Basically he's dressed up as a doctor...in surgery carb. I told him no blood for school. Tomorrow he is in a haunted house, so he gets to be all bloody for that...boys...sheesh. He loves his costume though. We also carved a giant pumpkin for the jack-o-lantern contest at school...it weighed SO much...I couldn't even carry it the whole way. The school janitor had pity on me and helped me out Thank goodness cause I was about to drop the dang thing.

Been eating OP all week...have been gaining all week too...ugh!! TOM is so lame! Hopefully it'll all be gone by Monday though, fingers crossed. I just need to make sure and get my work outs in and eat OP.

Got a 2nd job yesterday. I'm kind of excited. It's only on Friday nights for a few hours. I'll be a cocktail waitress at our local American Legion Post..he he...serving drinks to the old men...woot woot! We just need extra cash SO bad right now, not even funny. I had a job at an espresso stand for a while, but they shut down. Thank goodness cause I was working there on Saturdays and Sundays...and that totally sucked! NO DAYS OFF!! ick! So, this Friday night gig should be a breeze...as long as I don't drop anyone's drinks.

Happy Halloween ladies!!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

jyoyo that happened to me 2 years ago. I wore a cute halloween shirt, make up and my jeans rolled up and my halloween socks and earrings ...NO one dressed up. My husband's company, who subsequently took office space next door, they dress up every year. But I was the ONLY one on our side! LOL
This year no way!
So I just had fun watching everyone from his side. They were so funny!

Well, last night I was really wanting to not cook which is harder doing Wonderslim when your family wants Rubios. So I had their grilled mahi mahi health mex tacos...YUM and I STILL lost 1.2 lbs yesterday!
The tacos are so yummy and only 170 calories each. And because they are grilled and it's cabbage and salsa on top, it's just like something I would have made here. I think the most fattening thing was the tortillas. It was nice to know that I could have something that was ok eating out. That worried me since I just started my second week.

But so far I have lost 5.5 lbs.
I think once I cut out my 1 pepsi a day, my bread and my tall glass of 2% milk with dinner, the lbs are literally melting off. YAY...for now.I realize I will plateau and have ups and downs...but so far this has been the easiest weight loss ever.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #498  

Hello everyone. Sorry I have not checked in for a few days. I got caught up on a writing project and just did not have enough hours in my day!

I wish I had good news for you guys. But I dont. I am pretty embarrassed by it too. Its my TOM making me even more emotional.

I am a little bummed. I am using NL products along with WS products. Anyway, I am following the WS plan which is about 1200 calories as apposed to the 1080 of NL. I also use My Fitness Pal to track all my food for calories and such. They say I can have 1600. I have been using their program for months.

I have been under 1600 all week except for 1 day. Others were 1000 to 1400.

I usually exercise on the treadmill but had been out for a couple of weeks due to a shoulder injury making it too painful to jog on the treadmill. Really bummed me out because I had just started a couch to 5k program.

So, the WS site, and I thought I saw it in the NL materials as well, and the MF forums, that those not exercising should wait a week. I went ahead and waited that week. Something about letting your body adjust to the changes in diet.

I wonder now if buying the program was even worth it. and if not doing the treadmill did more harm than good. I wonder if I should have went ahead and went on the treadmill.

I did follow the plan yesterday and despite my sinus headache and late start to my day, I am following the WS plan again today. I don't want to give up, not to mention I really like the products. I am just really bummed.

Thats reminds me, I have lots of food reviews to do!!

If I go another week with no loss I think I am going to take my paper WS food diary to my doc and see what he thinks.

Last edited by irishchik; 10-30-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Looks like everyone has taken off today to go trick or treating!
Well, all of the candy is gone at our house, so have just decided to peek in here and see what everyone is up to.
Jyoyo - I loved the costume and pumpkin stories......and to hear that you are staying strong and OP! My BIL sent me the coolest email of pics. from a guy who has carved the greatest pumpkin faces! Also, my niece painted her pregnant (with twins) belly one year just like a big pumpkin! I suppose I could paint my belly to look like a pumpkin too.......now that would be truly SCAREY!
Kristi - am sooooo glad to see how well you are doing and more lbs. lost too! You have been really faithful with keeping with the program and it has been paying off for you too.
GMeg - liked what you had to say about 'Taking your Power Back'!!! It is always our choice isn't it - even though I ceded my power this month to the halloween cookies or tiny pieces of candy beckoning me....
Jen - thanks for the conversation on food addiction and binging. I, too, feel that there is a chemical thing in our bodies that brings this on. Can recall when I began with the WS products and had the gunk cleaned out of my body and stuck with it, I felt much less like binging or caving in to the temptations. I am looking forward to tomorrow.......1st of the month and a Monday! A perfect time for new beginnings.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #500  

Morning all!
Hope everyone had a nice weekend and successfully survived Halloween. As usual we only got a handful of kids. Six this year, which is actually about two more than we usually get.

Friday I still wasn't on plan with all of the office food around...kind of predicted that one! Saturday was feeling pretty "hung over" from the three days of binging. So it was VERY easy to just stay 100% on plan. And I did great last night until about 8 p.m. Then suddenly just wanted to eat, eat, eat! I know what it is at this point: it's all of that crap and sugar in my system. Just like you said, Waterwoman, when you aren't eating the garbage, the binges are MUCH more controllable. There is no doubt about it. From the time I started this plan in October of last year up until about March of 2010 I didn't stray from my plan once, and I didn't have a single binge. It was like the further I got away from the addictive substances and the more cleaned out my body got, the easier it was to simply not have the behavior or triggering event. With a sporadic deviation from the plan came a sporadic binge episode. The more deviations the more binges. There is definitely a correlation here, no doubt about it. So now the challenge is getting back on plan and staying there long enough to clear out my body and begin working toward minimal binge behavior again. Admittedly, it's rough, however, to ignore those extremely strong impulses. And, likewise, there are times when I SO wish I had a normal relationship with food and wasn't a person who reacts this way to certain substances. Unfortunately, I am. So I'm just going to have to keep working toward a solution that works for me. One day at a time, ladies, eh? One day at a time....

Congrats, Esilva1 on your loss this week! Sounds like you rocked it, girl!

Chrystal, why don't you give us a look at your food diary for the week and we'll see if we can figure out what may have caused no loss for the week? I don't think it was the exercise. I'm guessing that it's either hormonal, since you mentioned TOM or it's something you've eaten (either calorie or food-wise). If your diary is completely honest and you've included everything in there, we should be able to isolate the problem. Also, I have to tell you that I cannot lose weight on 1600 calories a day. Those numbers are all based on the "average" person, and experience has proven to me that I'm not "average." In fact, most of us aren't, so there's a good chance that's too many calories for you to lose much on... But, again, share the data and I promise we'll do what we can to help.

Hope everyone's November is off to a great start!

-Jen
Old 11-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #501  

Hey Jen!

I just started WS this morning, nice on the 1st, no less! I have been reading through your old posts and I cannot seem to find where you outlined how to do your 2 week, doctor approved full supplement plan, can you post it again for me? Did you just add 2 Protein meal replacements instead of the lean and green? So far I have only had 1 choco cream pudding and I will make some oatmeal or hot cocoa in a minute because I think by 10 AM, I should have at least 3 mini meals by now? Thank you in advance for your help!!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #502  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteAtty View Post
Hey Jen!

I just started WS this morning, nice on the 1st, no less! I have been reading through your old posts and I cannot seem to find where you outlined how to do your 2 week, doctor approved full supplement plan, can you post it again for me? Did you just add 2 Protein meal replacements instead of the lean and green? So far I have only had 1 choco cream pudding and I will make some oatmeal or hot cocoa in a minute because I think by 10 AM, I should have at least 3 mini meals by now? Thank you in advance for your help!!
Hey there! Congrats on taking the plunge and happy November 1! Here's the outline for the two-week all supplement plan:

Breakfast = WS smoothie or pudding shake AND WS pancakes OR oatmeal OR crispy bar

Lunch = WS entree AND WS protein bar

Snack = WS snack AND WS pudding shake

Dinner = WS entree AND WS pudding shake

Snack = WS dessert

You'll want to make sure you are hitting 1100 to 1200 calories a day. If you're not, add another snack in the form of a pudding shake, or hot chocolate or something comparable. It's rare that you'll end up below that, but it happens once in awhile (based on the options you chose that day, since some entrees like Vegetarian Joe and the Chili have less than 100 calories).

Also, take a multi-vitamin and fiber supplements as needed, and always drink at least 96 oz. of pure water each day.

Also, if at any time the first week you find yourself really hungry (like you're feeling physical symptoms such as light headedness from the hunger) then be sure to eat something! Do not let your body get to this point. Better you eat an extra supplement or two than fall completely off plan.

I think that covers it, but let me know if you have other questions! And good luck!

-Jen
Old 11-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

I am currently doing Medifast but have started ordering some Wonderslim and Bariwise products as they are cheaper! Has anyone here transitioned over from one to the other? The Wonderslim plan as outlined on the dietsdirect website is a bit confusing and I am not sure what to eat if I go on that totally.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #504  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Ladies.....we exceeded our 500 post limit. I've started a new thread for us "Wonderslim #5"...I know, very creative See you there!
Closed Thread