Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #316  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

YOYO, great job getting right back on plan!! Hope those chin whiskers don't show up though..... Crossing my fingers for the big "8" on the scale tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my day to start yet again. I was able to accomplish a ton of stuff in the new house this weekend, and it feels good. We finally got everything out of the old house - it is such a relief. There is still a lot to do, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Let's all have a great week, and beat the crap out of those scales!!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #317  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Good morning girls! Yep...Monday...it's a new day and a new start for me on WS too!! I'm buckling down and doin it the RIGHT way! No excuses...here we go!!

Red - Welcome to our group! I started off on a doctor version of WS. It was shakes/bars/soups - like medifast too...so I stumbled up on this group when my 12 weeks with doc were coming to an end and I knew that it was TOO expensive to continue. Found Diet Direct and gave it a whirl...still here and ready to order my next shipment! I'm down 44 pounds and have stalled for about a month but it's all my fault - not been writing my food down, exersizing and some days not even getting my water in; there's no way you can stay on track if you don't TRACK!!! So good luck to you - welcome to our family!

Janell - how'd the garage sale go? I totally know what you mean about when your life is in chaos your food choices follow closely behind...since I've not had a boss at my work (for a month now) it's WAY too easy for me to snack ALOT and not on healthy stuff either! But as I mentioned above - today is a new start for me..even told hubs that I am walking at lunch today and this afternoon when I get him from work he is to ask me if I did or not! Hope you got all or at least a bunch of your organizing done!!

Yoyo - I've always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner thing...is it like playing Clue - only in real life??? Do they give you goofy names like Colonol Mustard??? I wouldn't have had any problems passing the blackberry pie...fruit pies ain't my thing - but now you say Pumpkin, pecan or chocolate and I'm in!!

Hubs and I drove to Nashville on Sat. to visit a friend in the hospital. Even though it was SAT it was a fairly peaceful drive over and we were relieved to see that our friend was doing pretty good. He has MD and has gallbladder issues but they can't remove it due to it being embedded in his liver and pancreas - so they had to reroute some of the "duct work". He was sitting up in his wheelchair, but grew tired as we were there. We had lunch at Subway and then headed home so he could rest. Had a gathering at my in-laws Sat night; my b-i-l brought his telescopes and we got to see Saturn...that was pretty cool...could even see a ring around it! NEAT!

Brought my coupons to work with me today...so I guess that's what I'll be doing once I get my real work done!

Yall have a good day! Make good choices - I plan to!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #318  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

New Day, New Way!

Good morning, all. It sounds like we're all fired up to get back on track and do the right thing! I've had my breakfast and I now have my water. I plan to take a walk at lunch too. I'm on a program at work where if I go to the health club 8x/month, I get most of my monthly fee back. Well, I seldom hit that (bad me) but so far this month I have 2x in. I'll walk there today, swipe my card and then walk to CVS for COUPONS! Then after work, I'll do my CVS shopping.

I'm going to be on my own the next 2 weekends. DH is taking SS's hunting (first one than the other). I don't mind him going hunting, but when the cat's away, goddessmeg will play... Or snack too much!!!!

Here's to a super week for ALL!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I can't fricken believe it!! I swear my body is just refusing to go into the 180's!!! For real!! While I had a really good weight loss....lost 1.8 lbs this week. I'm sitting at 190.0!!! ARGH!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry...lol I guess I'll laugh. I feel like those folks on the Biggest Loser, when they have a great weight loss....but it's still not quite good enough, ya know what I mean? lol I guess having half a piece of pie and some wild rice wasn't a good idea. Oh well though...moving on now...just means next week should be interesting. If I stay at 190 or go up, then I really will be pissed! lol

The murder mystery was us being the characters. It was fun...there was four rounds and each round the characters take turns revealing more clues. There were 8 characters total...but 24 of us, so some of the characters were doubled, which is fine it always works out well. During each round the kitchen folks bring out different courses of the meal It was fun getting dressed up and mingling. Another murder mystery I went to years ago, they had actors being the characters and acting some of the stuff out, which was neat too. But I like playing a character myself

Get back on the wagon ladies!!! It's a new week...gotta nip this bad eating in the bud before the holidays get here!!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #320  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Meg you are so funny with your coupon addiction ;D but look at this pot calling the kettle black!! I'm sitting here at my desk with coupons stacked all over it - going thru my binder and putting them in the right categories...My poor hubs asked me last weekend "so when is it that you get to go to the grocery store and just get what we NEED?"....cause even though I'm pretty much spending the same amount each week I'm getting TONS more for my money!! FYI - there is a $1.00 off gain dish liquid coupon in yesterdays paper - most places have that for $1 or less - meaning it's FREE!!!! Ok, so I have 6 bottles of that stuff under my sink right now...but will that stop me from getting it?? NOOOOOO...hello...it's FREE!! And the funny part is that we don't wash dishes very much - hubs does the kitchen clean up since I cook - so EVERYTHING goes into the dishwasher...but just in case - I'm stocked and ready

Yoyo - hang on girl...you'll hit the 180's...just keep on doing your plan!

Just got back from lunch...did my C25K!! Only could get 20 mins in though...I'm WAY outta shape since no exersize for a month! It's about 90 degrees here today too - so am hoping later this week when it's 75 I can make the whole circuit! I'm moving in the right direction today though...3 waters DONE, and eating OP!! YAY ME!!! And I'm writing it all down!!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Just a reminder that, if you need to stock up on Diet Direct/WonderSlim stuff, the DISCOVER coupon expires today. It's $14.92 off $100 minimum. (So, sorta like a 15% off 100).

I used it to stock up on drinks (BariWise fruit ones), try some new bars (Bariwise), get some more hotcakes (WonderSlim), and pudding (WonderSlim).

Happy Columbus Day, ladies!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #322  

Hey Ladies! I am so glad I found this site, I am looking into Wonderslim. I get married December 4 and would like to lose some weight~like all brides I looked into WS a few months ago and it seems the prices have gone up? I thought the 8 week starter kit used to be 350...and now it's 449. I could be completely remembering wrong. I am really thinking I want to purchase the 8 week program, Friday the 15th is 7 weeks until my wedding. Do you guys all do the Lean and Green or can you supplement maybe 2 of the WS products for that? I am lazy about cooking and always seem to ruin fish and chicken. Thanks for any help in advance!! Love, Val
Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #323  

Hey Val...glad you found us too and congrats on the upcoming wedding!! Very exciting! Their prices fluctuate. It is totally possible that the first time you saw the 8-week kit it was on sale. And yes, there is a plan for doing all liquid. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but you end up having 9 shakes....or 8 shakes and a bar...or something along those lines. Someone else in here will know more, but I know a while back someone was doing the all liquid version.

@Kristi and Meg - I have a coupon story....went to Fred Meyer today, they were having a door buster sale. I had a $5 off coupon for apparel, jewelry, etc. Found a pair of shoes for $30, they were 50% off, plus had my coupon...so paid only $10 for a new pair of shoes that are super cute Go me! Also....went back afterwork for grocery shopping. $2.69 cans of soup on sale for $1!! And...hamburger helper stuff on sale for $100. My bill was over $100...then she rang in the coupons and it dropped to right around $70. I had some other stuff too

Last edited by jyoyo78; 10-12-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 236/198/130

Hi
Thank you for the welcome.

Kristikins- I have a hard time with the water too. 44 lbs! What a wonderful job! I hope I am as successful.
Goddessmeg- That's great that you have been on the program for 5 wks! I allowed myself to stray a bit, but I guess I am unable to stray just a "bit". It starts like a bit until I'm on a full on food frenzy! I am trying very hard not to stray. I have learned though some of my triggers like sliced bread, can't have it in my apartment or I just want to make sandwiches all day!

My goal for this week is to get my 8 glasses of water in!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #325  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Morning girls!! Yesterday was GREAT...until late afternoon when I caved on that box of fruit loops that I had here from last week...sooooo I ate them all and now they're gone!! No temptations today!! I also ordered my 12 week kit last night - I'm with Val - the price went up...12 weeks ago I paid $500.8? for the 12 week kit with all the discounts; last night was $58?.00...BUT I did use the Discover coupon code so that saved me $14.92! The guy who took my order was very helpful, but very slow...I had LOTS of changes to make, he did it, but I was on the phone w/ him for 30 mins....Anyway...my order should be here on Thursday! I also noticed that the meal plan has a breakfast and a lunch entree in it...I've only been doing the cereal for breakfast and bar for lunch - don't remember if I decided to change it up or if they did...(maybe that's the price change)...anyway...I'm OP today and plan to walk at lunch again today (if it rains, I'll go to the mall to walk and will leave my purse in the trunk so I'm not tempted to shop!)...

Got to get busy girls...yall have a good day...later!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #326  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Kristi: The meal plan has an entree and a snack bar for lunch.

Coupon story: My SS2 always asks, with a bit of disgust in his voice, why I'm doing coupons. Yesterday, I went to CVS after work, got $56 worth of stuff and paid .94 out of pocket. Yes, you read that right!!! So I lined everything up on the counter and when SS2 got to our house, I asked him to guess what I paid. He couldn't. I told him 94 cents! "each?" he asked. He was AMAZED when I told him I paid less than $1 for EVERYTHING. "That's why I coupon," I told him!

My DH, asked me to go out to the garage with him last night. He was wearing his dress shirt, his boxer-briefs, black socks and his slippers (I told him he's going to get a reputation in the neighborhood!!) In the garage, he found a 10-pound weight and told me to hold it. "That's what you've been carrying around with you," he said. He's so proud of my success!

And, yes, today the scale moved downwards!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #327  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Meg - AWESOME coupon story!! Guess SS2 understands now huh!! You sure showed him! WTG!! My hubs did the weight thing with me too..it really puts it into perspective!! Our old Weight Watcher leader stopped by a meat counter and had them package up 5 pounds of fat. She brought it by and let us see what 5 pounds of fat looked and felt like - I've remembered that all these years! So even though I've been a little down about being stuck at 44 pounds for a month (totally my own fault too), that is a HUGE amount to have lost! Every pound lost is a step in the right direction!

So far so good today! I've had breakfast/lunch and morning snack...and I walked 1 lap (3/4 mile) at lunch!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #328  

Way to go on the walking Kristi!! That is EXACTLY What I need to do today!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #329  

Kristikins- I noticed that too! Over the last few weeks it seems the product has gained some popularity and with it, an increase in prices.

I just wanted to pop in and let you guys know that I ordered the NLS sample pack. It was $20. In it you get:

1 shaker cup
1 $20 coupon for your next order
Personal Weight Loss Coach
1 Handbook
1 Book called Creating Your New LifeStyle (also available on Amazon)
1 Caramel Brownie Nut Bar
1 Peanut Butter Crisp Bar
3 Mocha Cream Pudding/Shake
3 Chocolate Cream Pudding/Shake
2 Strawberry Cream Pudding/Shake
2 Vanilla Cream Pudding/Shake
1 creamy hot chocolate
1 creamy mint hot chocolate

I thought this was a great presentation for the discovery of a new product. They email me coupons all the time, which make them cheaper for me than WS. I like that NLS has a forum for users, an interactive website to record weight and such at and you get a coach. I like these little perks. I also like that when you order, it gives you a menu and you can pick your items yourself unlike DD where you have to call to make changes. I find this bothersome. They have a lot of tools on their website and forums. I also like that they mail you rewards when you lose certain amounts of weight. Nice incentive, reminded me of Weight Watchers. They also offer a 6wk maintenance program when you reach your goal weight.

Just wanted to share this for those lurking who want to try WS since NLS is the same just different label. They use the same manufacturer. Seems like a good price to test out a few products.

Will let you know how the next 2 days go for me!! I am pretty confident I will be ordering the month package before the day is over. I am ready to go for it!! No more being scared.

Last edited by irishchik; 10-12-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #330  

Irishchik, thank you SO much for that rec. NLS starter pack was just ordered by me and it says it should be here in 8 days. May get here sooner! I was just so shocked at the WS price increase, especially since now it seems close to Medifast's prices and that just bothers me. WS always proudly touted itself as being so much cheaper but actually now it seems to be inching closer to Medifast. In this economy and with a HUGE wedding being planned, I need to save money where I can.

I am especially excited about the book I get in the Starter pack. It is normally almost seventeen dollars ITSELF and I read the table of contents and it looks like a great book for any dieter! I like how all the topics look like REAL world applications to dieters...for instance, I am a big social eater..family eating, fiancee is a foodie, holiday eating. I am not a depressed eater, more eat when bored or when totally happy and celebrating!! I would love a book that could tell me how to deal with this better Thank you again!
Closed Thread