Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #181  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, this socks! I'm wearing socks for the first time in months! I'm cold here!

I've fallen a little off the wagon these past few days but am on again. I even passed up the snack sized candy bars that were sitting right in front of me in my STUPID meeting this morning. I've been meeting on this project for 4 YEARS and we're less than 1/2 way done. I've asked to be removed from it but my boss wouldn't let me. I know I could go to her boss and get removed. They both know my frustrations with this thing.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ugh! Socks!! I hear ya Meg! I had to wear socks a couple of times this week...so lame! And KUDOS on the ability to not eat the candy bars...those would be SO tempting to me. I <3 chocolate!

Lindsey, I'm with Kristi - I can only tolerate the chocolate cake with some Cool Whip Free on top. I think it's 20 calories for 2 Tbsp, but totally worth it in my opinion

onmyway....way to go with the exercising!! I REALLY need to get my butt in gear in that department!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #183  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the cool whip suggestion!

I might have to pick some up at the store later, considering tonight is cake night. Next order I'm definitely going to nix that and replace it with some puddings or extra cheesecakes. I think my mom and I are each going to get a two month pack next time so that we can get the super duper 20% off volume discount.

Does anyone know if they get snippy if you try and make too many substitutions? Most of mine would be for variety's sake.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone - has been a pretty busy last couplea days, but have managed to get everything done I have needed to.......am kinda liking walking on the treadmill with my book. It makes the time go faster. Walking at the park is great too, but have not been able to do that. Am on countdown for my little vacation........yippee only two more days. Had better get my laundry done so I have some clean stuff to take along

Janell - know what you mean about the "emotional eating"!! I believe that is one of the biggest hurdles most of us face. I still love what Kristi said about food not being comfort; nor company; nor entertainment. If I can't smoke or drink when I am upset anymore....food was the next step. Will just have to find a healthy replacement. Let me know if you figure out any.....

Kristi - sounds like good news about the boss going bye-bye. Does that mean you can cancel the job hunting? Glad that stress factor is gone from your life anyway!

Lindsey - Diet Direct has always been great to me and from all I hear about on the exchanges and returns! By the way, I have 2 coupon codes for anyone interested: WSFRUIT30 for 30% off WS Fruit drinks (I have only tried the smoothies) and WSCAKE30 for 30% off the cakes - Choc. (ick!) or Cheesecake (yum!). I returned my chocolate cake a long time ago after getting it in the first order.

Onmyway - I would bet that you will lose prior to receiving your order....be sure to measure and take pictures if you can.

GMeg - yep, there really is a nip in the air now.......snow will be flying up your way one of these days soon, huh? We are getting more rain too, a sure sign of the approach of Winter. As long as I can just have some sunshine now and then............

Gotta go get my walk in now - nite nite all
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #185  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Meg, way to go passing up those nasty little bits of chocolate!!

I made tons of changes to my order and Diet Direct was very nice about it, had a great customer service rep!!

Hubby found out that is is a finalist for the job at the lake, they are bringing him and one other person back for another interview - 2 hours worth!! So, keep those fingers crossed. The interview is next Thursday. I HATE the waiting game This is when I have to really test my faith and just let it go and stop stressing and wondering "what if". If it is meant to be......
Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

Well I hope to get back into a routine before my order gets here...so far so good..today walked 15, 890 steps ! Sounds like a lot...but my steps are not that big....LOL

SO this picture I have to take....what has everyone done for theirs?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #187  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

I totally agree - I ordered the 12 week kit and changed everything that wasn't 5 stars - the lady I spoke with was super nice!! I think they know they have good products so they want everyone to be happy with their orders, and the recommending of them for customer service is an added plus!

back in March I put a fun size snickers bar in my desk drawer, to prove that I have the power over it, not vise versa...it's still there!! YAY ME!!

janell - I hear ya on the waiting game...hang in there - I'm sure your hubs is a shoe in!! Best of luck to him!! Would this mean you'll be in for a job change as well or is it close enough that you'll stay where you are??

Yes - My job hunt has ceased!! Talk about a relief! I love the company I work for and the job I do - the pay is GREAT, compared to any other financial institution in my area and the benefits are great too! So I really had to pray long and hard before I made the decision to start the hunt, something had to give...I'm SO glad that it's worked out this way...I feel 10 years younger and 500 pounds lighter!!

It's Friday girls...have a good one!!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

I'm so jealous of the ones getting cool weather! It is stilling getting up to the 90's here in Texas. I told the weather it has until wednesday to get it together! Lol....can't have 90 degree days on the first day of fall!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #189  
Calorie Cutting Queen

No doubt Pradaboy - it's been high 80's up into low 90's here in TN too...we did have a chilly snap a couple weeks ago but it didn't last long...I'm SO ready for fall!! NOT WINTER...fall!! I have family in TX...where are you?? My crew is scattered, Rockwall, Midlothian, Waxahatchi, San Antonio, Houston, Corpus and Loredo!!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
No doubt Pradaboy - it's been high 80's up into low 90's here in TN too...we did have a chilly snap a couple weeks ago but it didn't last long...I'm SO ready for fall!! NOT WINTER...fall!! I have family in TX...where are you?? My crew is scattered, Rockwall, Midlothian, Waxahatchi, San Antonio, Houston, Corpus and Loredo!!
Yes, it was nice a couple of weeks ago when that tropical storm blew through! I'm located in Fort Worth. Also my name is Kenyon....just letting everyone on the board know so you all don't have to keep calling me prada/pradaboy...lol.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #191  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Kristi, thanks for the encouraging words! The current plan is that if Kel gets the job, he will relocate and I will finish out my teaching contract here and then try to find a job in the area for next school year. It is a rather small area so I doubt that it will be easy to find one. This is part of the stress of the situation. Kel and I have been married 23 years and have never been apart, so the thought of us livng a part is really hard on both of us. THe lake is about 2.5 hours away, so it isn't that far and we will be able to see each other every weekend, but things will change drastically.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #192  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

1.9 Pounds Lost This Week!!! Grand total of 7.9 LOST, GONE, BU-BYE!!

I had a meeting this morning, so I had my WS cereal for breakfast and a Zone meal bar for lunch. I think I'll have a couple of shakes this afternoon and then proceed as usual. I ordered some meal replacement bars, so I should get them soon. Having something that I don't have to microwave should be helpful.

All of this job news! I love my job for the benefits and the amount of time I get off (isn't that kind of odd: I love that I can not be there!!). However, I work for the biggest micro-manager in the world! The people she supervise have over 100 years of experience, yet she's always buzzing around. She asks me to do something, I do it (correctly, I might add) but then she wants to edit what I've written or whatever. It totally drives me nuts!! The other day she told the other supervisor who's on the same level as me that he wasn't working hard enough! And lately she's been asking me what I'm working on. What's with that??!! Yes, I do have "free" time with my job, but I'm also a HUGE resource for my staff and others (in other words, I know my sh*t!!) I live for when she's not around! I've thought many a time of going to our director to ask her to chill out! If it wasn't illegal to spike someone's coffee with Valium, I'd soooo be doing that!

Anyway, survived my SS's School Open House last night. Of course PEX (Psycho Ex Wife) was there trying to be Mother of the Year. We did meet up in a couple of class rooms and as we were leaving, she says to the teacher, "Let ME know if there's any problems." Um, it took TWO of you to create that child and my DH is still the Father! I'll be emailing all of his teachers to say that we don't get school information in a timely manner (that's PEX's fault!!) so please keep us in the loop via email. We signed up for conferences without her. We can't stand to be around her because she goes on and on with questions about the homework (SS is old enough to know the instructions!) and about what SHE does to help SS. If people only knew that she is a complete and total FAKE.

OK. I'm done with her!! Anyway, good weekend to all! We're going to a football game tomorrow (riding our bikes to the shuttle bus) and I plan to clean out some closets so I can store the stuff I'm getting from being a Coupon Queen (which we plan to sell on garage sales!)
Old 09-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #193  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Kenyon - nice to officially know your "groovy" real name!! Don't hear that very often, I like it, so hopefully I'll remember it! Will do my best!

Janell - I know it'll be hard on yall to be apart, but it'll be worth it - if it works out...don't worry about it though, cause I've learned worrying does nothing, except make you sick...if it is to be, it will be; and it'll be fine...{hugs} Sounds like yall have a plan in place at least, so if it does work out - then you're ready!

Meg - Good for yall for contacting the teachers on your own! That'll help out TONS - to know what's going on w/out having to go thru PEX! I can totally sympathize with you on the micro-manager!! That's what mine was and why I was looking for work elsewhere...the phone would ring "who is that, what do they want" is what I'd hear...someone would walk in, "who's that...do they have an appointment?"...UGH...give me a break dude - I'm not 7, I can handle things on my own and IF by some GREAT chance someone needs YOU, I'LL LET YOU KNOW!!! Went to the extreme of telling me what to say to people when I called to set appointments...UGH double UGH....but now...BLISS..pure and simple!! I'll be sure to have a nice long talk with the next "boss" I get - I do NOT need to be micro-managed!!! Hang in there girlie...try to ignore as much of her as you can!!!

Where's my Water girl at???? And Harvester??? And Kelly???
Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Uh oh Kenyon...I might have to keep calling you Prada/Pradaboy....we used to have a Kenyon's Ice Cream parlor in my town...SO YUMMY!!! So if I call you that, all I will think about is a double scoop waffle cone!!! lol Kidding!!! I do love your name though

Janell - wow...why do things have to be double edged swords! But, it will be worth it in the end if you're able to live in your dream home, dream location, blah de blah Plus, we'll all come to visit...so double awesome for all of us too!

Meg....Triple AWESOME for you!!! Woot Woot!! Love when the scale cooperates!! Maybe we should put your boss, Kristi's ex-box, your PEX, my PEX (and his other PEX)...all in a room together and they can all just live happily ever after without us

My boss is retiring this year....totally love her and am getting really nervous about who the new boss will be ...ugh!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

Janell..2.5 hours away is not far..you guys will be able to handle it..my husband was always gone...anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 months..we just did it and it was ok...stay positive it will all be worth it.

Kenyon..I too wish it was cooler..it was 34 today here with the humidity 89%...I miss my Canadian fall.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread