Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 175/173/140

Height: 5ft2

Smile Another newbie!

Hello all. I have started my first day of attack today!
Done ok I think. Have drunk so much water have been rushing to the loo every 10 mins!
Eaten natural yogurt with oatbran, chicken for a snack and a heap of prawns for lunch. Just about to have chicken thighs for dinner.
Just one question, am finding it all a bit dry...when I was on Atkins I used mayo liberally but obviously can't do that on this! Any suggestions would be really helpful!
Just want to say I have read through all 3 of these threads and u are all so motivating! U made me decide this was the way forward xx
Sxd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #242  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Hi Karen and Sxd1976!!

Quote:
Just one question, am finding it all a bit dry...when I was on Atkins I used mayo liberally but obviously can't do that on this! Any suggestions would be really helpful!
I use Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise, with whatever added seasonings you like.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 220/182/155

Height: 5'6

It's so good to see all these encouraging comments!! A note about "crunchy" foods: I just discovered a way to make basically a cheesy cracker in the microwave. Take a small sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle 1/4 cup fat free shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar) on the parchment. Sprinkle with black pepper and a pinch of salt. You can also garnish with a tiny bit of parm or herbs, garlic etc. if you choose (optional). Microwave on high for one minute and fifteen seconds. It's seriously one of my favorite snacks. It's a nice way to incorporate texture.

I've stalled a bit in weight loss, but I've lost about 20 pounds in 5 weeks on Dukan, so I am happy. The weeks when there is little to no weight loss are the hardest! On the plus side, I find I'm not hungry very much. Dukan hhas definitely been the most do-able diet plan for me yet!

Last edited by pomelo; 02-13-2013 at 02:53 AM.
pomelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #244  

Will try Greek yogurt, that is a brill idea! Thanks very much.

weighed myself this morning and exactly the same as yesterday. Will say though that I think i lost a fair amount of my water weight when i was doing calorie counting.... will not let it discourage me, just had my yogurt and bran, so yummy! bit tired today but that is to be expected with this for the first couple of days.
hope everyone has a good day
Old 02-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #245  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomelo View Post
It's so good to see all these encouraging comments!! A note about "crunchy" foods: I just discovered a way to make basically a cheesy cracker in the microwave. Take a small sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle 1/4 cup fat free shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar) on the parchment. Sprinkle with black pepper and a pinch of salt. You can also garnish with a tiny bit of parm or herbs, garlic etc. if you choose (optional). Microwave on high for one minute and fifteen seconds. It's seriously one of my favorite snacks. It's a nice way to incorporate texture.
This sounds really good! Will have to try when i get to cruise!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #246  

Well day 2 went well. Had yogurt and oatbran for breakfast, chicken thighs for lunch and white Gish for dinner. Just woke up and still not lost anything!! What am I doing wrong? Drinking around 1.5 litres of water, plus tea and coffee. But stumped to be honest. Only thing I can think is I'm having too many sweeteners so I'm going to cut back today. Hopefully that will help!
Hope everyone else is ok xx
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

Yay new peeps!! Welcome!

Newbies, please ignore my rant

My body is crazzzzyyyyy!!! So I broke the diet on Saturday because my friend was in town - had carbs and chocolate - I guess I had around 3000 (max) calories... and I continued to break the diet with chocolate and carbs on Sunday and Monday too (it was a 3-day holiday weekend here in Japan)... but I think Sunday was probably 2000 (max) calories and Monday was worse with about 4000 (max) calories... Tuesday I weighed in with a gain of 6lbs (half of what I've lost)!!! D: I imagine I would of gained a little bit... and especially water weight since I had carbs... but I've done PP for 3 days and still my weight hasn't changed!! (I've worked out every single day, too!)

Stooopid body!!!! I'm going back to the 1-1 PP and PV tomorrow and sticking to it religiously... but it's really annoying to think I caved for 3 days and gained 6lbs back! D: (when mathematically that just isn't supposed to be possible!!)
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #248  

i'm just not hungry at all today, forcing myself to eat some chicken, maybe i'm not eating enough?
Any help appreciated!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #249  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxd1976 View Post
Well day 2 went well. Had yogurt and oatbran for breakfast, chicken thighs for lunch and white Gish for dinner. Just woke up and still not lost anything!! What am I doing wrong? Drinking around 1.5 litres of water, plus tea and coffee. But stumped to be honest. Only thing I can think is I'm having too many sweeteners so I'm going to cut back today. Hopefully that will help!
Hope everyone else is ok xx
It's unusual to not show a loss in Attack but I will say that mine took a few days to start showing up. Sounds like you are doing everything right, so try to hang in there a little while longer and see what happens. Maybe a little but more water - 1.5 liters isn't that much for Dukan, I'd try to aim for 2 liters plus whatever extra from tea, etc. And yes, depending on the sweeteners, that could stall.

Good luck!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #250  
Dukanista

Pink -

It's not really the calories, it's that the off plan foods have let your body re-built up all the water/glycogen stores in your body. It should start to come off, but I have to say that even from my minor little blip last week (just 5 girl scout cookies), it's taken a really long time to start seeing the weight come back off. I thought for sure I'd have a big whoosh but nope, just finally down about 1/2 lb.

So it may just take a while for all the water to work its way back out and for you to start seeing the loss again.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #251  

Wibble... lesson learnt I guess
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #252  
Jenn

S/C/G: 113/85/75

Thanks to Pinkwaterfall and April Snow for your welcome a while back. Still several posts away from putting on the ticker, but the numbers are progressing slowly. A couple of low weeks on the scales, but the clothes shopping indicate that there has been a sudden shrinkage. A pair of new jeans I brought for a weekend away went from being firm to baggy in the two weeks between buying and traveling.

It always seems that way though. Slow scales and size shrinkage seems to be correlated.

So overall, all good!

Is anyone else doing PP/PV blocks rather than alternating days. I am interested to know how people handle the PV block. I seem to gain varying amounts on PV blocks and lose consistent amounts on the PP. So my overall loss is dependent on my PV days. Is this just me or are others experiencing similar and if so how do we handle this? Would love the input.
Electro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #253  
Dukanista

Hi Electro - I do PP/PV blocks. I have the same experience with gaining on PV days and then losing on PP days. But I also just find it a lot easier logistically - I can roast a big batch of veggies all at once and then have them for 3-4 days, rather than trying to cook them from scratch every other day. In warmer weather, I like to make big salads and it's the same idea, I would rather use up everything while it's fresh.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #254  
Dukanista

So I'm actually off plan yesterday and today. This was a deliberate choice on my part. Not so much of a desire to have off plan foods, although I have enjoyed them without going crazy, by any means.

But it was more of the idea of doing a re-set. I can't really explain why I haven't had any loss for 2 weeks. That never, ever happened to me during the 6 months I did Dukan before, and it was frustrating, to the point of feeling like "why bother?" and that isn't something I can risk letting happen.

I had no idea if this will work, but I needed the break mentally and I hope that it really does do a re-set and jump start on the loss. I have gained for now, of course, but I'm not too upset with that, I know I didn't eat 10,000+ extra calories!

I'm hoping this "fake" weight (because I know it's mostly water weight from the carbs) leaves quickly and I will have a net loss a week from now.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #255  

Good luck!
The weight from my off plan weekend a week ago has *finally* started to come off... but I'm still a few pounds over what I was before I did it.

I did 3 days of PP before jumping back in PV-PP.

I started to mixup my workout this weekend in an attempt to shock my body a little bit. I mentioned before about my trampoline every day challenge... now I'm also adding in a new challenge... I've never been able to touch my toes, so I'm going to aim for that now, too! I found a few stretch websites that show you how to improve your flexbility so you can eventually do it... I wonder what my toes feel like!