Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

Fingers crossed you can make it to 10! Sounds a nice round number

Well... I have 15lbs to lose, and my cruise phase should end on March 12th... about 7 and a half weeks away... so that's 2lbs a week to lose... which I hope I can do (sounds reasonable to me).

Do you know anyone who extended their cruise phase to lose a little bit more? I was 130 the summer before last and still thought I could of lost a little more at that time.
As I understand it, your "true weight" is what you are supposed to be realistically able to maintain for your life while not actively dieting based on your past history.
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #152  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I'm on the fence about the True Weight. My number is 181, which seems achievable but high to me. I guess I will have to wait until I get there and see how I feel about it. Sometimes I wonder if they are artificially high in the sense that they aren't just the number that they calculate you can get to and maintain, but that they are purposefully a little high so you have the incentive of beating it? lol!

But for me, a lot depends on the clothing size when I get there. Even more than the scale, I want to get out of plus sized clothing, whatever number that takes.

I guess I've got a long time - 65ish lbs before I need to worry, and right now I need to focus on staying on plan long term enough to get there and have this "problem" to worry about!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #153  
Dukanista

down 5 for the week, 10.8 total for two weeks. The first few days when I started weren't Dukan, but overall, I'm amazed that the loss was this much. I was worried that doing this a second time, I would see diminishing results, but I've actually lost more in the first 2 weeks than I did the first time!

And interestingly, I'm not even being 100% strict. Not huge changes, but I didn't worry about having a bit of extra oat bran, and I didn't worry about having some 1% milk and part skim mozzarella rather than going with fat free dairy. My son drinks the milk too and I didn't want to go lower than 1% for him, esp. when I'm only having a splash here and there in tea or galettes or porridge.

I learned that none of those things was a big deal for me the last time, so I was able to be more relaxed this time. And maybe being relaxed helped too?

I do expect the scale to drift upwards a bit over the next few days, as I'm having my PV days. But then I'll have a few PP days prior to WI next Sunday and I should see if I have a net loss for the week.

Hope everyone else is having a great and on plan weekend!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #154  

Congratulations on hitting 10.8 loss!

It's great your modifications worked too... it means the diet won't be hard to stick to long term for you! You can diet and enjoy eating too
Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

Well done April Snow and PinkWaterfall ... you're both doing brilliantly!!!

I am down 9 lbs in just under 3 weeks, thought it would be more .... saying that I am definitely down inches .... going to the gym this evening for a weigh and measure
Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #156  

9lbs in 3 weeks is still a great number!!
It's good too that you can see the results in inches already!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #157  
Dukanista

Thanks Pink and Allimac.

And personally, I think 9 lbs in 3 weeks is great! Don't forget that I started off much 60 lbs higher, so that is why I see bigger losses at the start. You are only 2 lbs away from what is supposed to be my True Weight! lol! (still reserving jugement on that though!) And that's also great that you are seeing inches. I think that some of my clothing is maybe a teeny bit less snug, but definitely no real visible change yet. I think I will need to get to about 25 lbs (10% loss) before that happens, at least going by last time.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #158  

Went for my weigh and measure girls and I was down 12 lbs!! I was thrilled .... now under 13 stone (well just ...) and looking forward to going into the 170's .... I was down inches as well which is probably more important .... the boobs are coming down at last

Do any of you feel you have more energy on Dukan once you get over the initial flu like symptoms?? I am buzzing, I really am, there's never been so much housework done and that is on top of working full time ...
Old 01-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

So, I didn't lose anything the last 3 days of my attack...
And now I'm supposed to start cruise, today is supposed to be my first P&V day, but everyone says you put weight on once you eat vegetables...
so if I'm not losing weight, and I'm going to put some more back on... I don't know what I'm asking, I'm just worried.

The weight will come off right? If I am 100% on plan, it will come off evenutally, right?
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #160  
Dukanista

Allimac - yay for a great weigh in! 12 lbs is wonderful!!

And yes, I do start to have more energy. For me, I think part of that is that I sleep better. I'm just starting to feel that now, so I'm looking forward to feeling that even more soon.

domesticbliss - I do think it's a little unusual to not lose weight on Attack, but I'm sure your body will catch up. How do you plan to handle PP and PV days? I generally do all my PV days in a row - mostly so that I can cook fresh veggies and eat them while they are still good. But I also like that I have a few PP days in a row before I WI too, I think that pattern tends to highlight the losses. But you'll still lose if you alternate days, I think you just have to be careful to look at week over week rather than changes from day to day.

So the big thing that I've noticed after a long Attack/PP phase was that it makes vegetables taste sooooo good! I have been really enjoying them now that I can have them again - also part of why the 3-4 PV days in a row work for me too. I'm really looking forward to having them by the time my next PV stretch comes.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

AprilSnow- I did lose weight on Attack, I was losing something every day, until the last three days, hope I wasn't confusing.

At first I just wanted to continue the attack and do the 5/5... because I didn't feel deprived with no vegetables, but I ate them tonight and will see how that goes before deciding between 5/5 and 2/2

I totally agree that going PP makes vegetables taste so good, I couldn't understand how people were saying they craved veggies until I bit into my cauliflower and was like, "omg that's what they were talking about!"
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #162  

12 lbs is amazing!! Well done!!

I don't know if I have more "get up and go" energy... but I'm certainly more alert... if I didn't have 2 cups of coffee in the morning, I'd be yawning. But now I don't even drink coffee (turns out I like the taste of brown rice tea better so I've been drinking that instead) and I'm fully alert.

domesticbliss, your body needs the goodness inside the vegetables, so regardless of if you put a little bit of weight back on you are much better off eating them
I didn't gain weight after my first PV day, but I didn't lose either that day, but I did drop a lb after the following PP day.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #163  

Domesticbliss, it could do with the time of the month .... I went up and down for a few days last week and it is only this week that I have normalised again and the weight has dropped off ... your body is probably still in shock and trying hard to hold onto the calories - maybe you're not eating enough? Sometimes eating a bit more can trigger the metabolism.

Stick with it and the weight will come off - I was using a yoghurt which wasn't non fat and I have now changed and seeing the difference.

I am doing alternate pp/pv days, loving my stir fried veg with my pancake and meat for evening meal
Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #164  

Default Newbie to Dukan

Hey all, I'm new, found this forum by doing a search for Dukan. I'm NOT new to low carbing, but haven't really been doing low carb like I know to do for several years - and my body shows it!

Bought the Dukan book and actually found I prefer the rules/rigidity of it to Atkins, which I'd done in the past. I've got quite a bit to lose, but I'm on the morning of Day 3 and lost 4.5 pounds the first 3 days. I'm a huge carnivore, so like some others I've read here this isn't really an adjustment of any kind - I prefer meat.

I'm going to do Attack for the full 10 days before I start 1/1 alternating of proteins with proteins+vegs.

I know there's a TREMENDOUS range in what someone can expect to lose in attack phase, but can any of you who have done the full 10 days chime in on what you lost? Thanks!
Hairballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #165  

Hi April Snow, hope you don't mind me copying your avatar?? I thought being able to change it for each 5 lb loss was a great motivation .....

Welcome Hairballz, being a carnivore should certainly help you on Dukan and congratulations on your loss so far, great

I can't remember how much I lost in attack, I think it was about 7 lbs but I suppose it really depends on what weight you are starting off ...

Best of luck