Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

Today I felt awful!
I don't know if it's my body adjusting to the diet or what, but I didn't expect this on day 4.
Weak/shaky/super tired/nauseous/stomach feels hungry then feels full... ick.
I took a supplement that has electrolytes in them because I was so lightheaded... hopefully tomorrow will be better.
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #137  

question-
I track my food in an online program and noticed my calories have been really low, like I had one day where I broke 1,000 calories.
I know the book says not to count, but wasn't he talking about don't worry if you eat alot...
am I eating too little?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

I think only you can be the judge if you are eating too little... were you hungry?

I haven't counted my calories - and I don't want to know. I've done calorie counting diets and found my progress was really really slow.

I haven't been hungry on this diet at all, and I haven't been eating lots.

I wonder if an alternating number of calories every day also helps keep the body on its toes? (Instead of eating to a set number of calories each day)
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

It's amazing how we are all saying more or less the same thing .... we just haven't been hungry on this diet .... ok, there have been moments, mostly through my own fault when I've gone too long between meals, when I've found it really really difficult to resist having a slice of bread or something fast when I get in from work.

I wouldn't be able to do this diet without the oat bran though ... I soooo look forward to my pancake with my evening meal ..... the days I'm having veggies I cook them up first then add the pancake mix to it so it's like an omlette and it is really delicious ... last night I was on PP so had the pancake, topped it with smoked salmon, added some lime juice, black pepper and some basil and it was like a pizza .... mmmm .... I can taste it now!!

Last edited by Allimac1; 01-18-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #140  

I love those meals where you can still taste them just by thinking about them

I'm not good at cooking at all... but I'm finding I'm getting better as I stay on this diet - just because I want to try a variety of foods and in a variety of way.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #141  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticbliss View Post
Today I felt awful!
I don't know if it's my body adjusting to the diet or what, but I didn't expect this on day 4.
Weak/shaky/super tired/nauseous/stomach feels hungry then feels full... ick.
I took a supplement that has electrolytes in them because I was so lightheaded... hopefully tomorrow will be better.
This is the carb detox. I found that taking a really good multi-vitamin and some extra potassium helps. It shouldn't last too much longer, and I hope you are already feeling better today!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #142  
Dukanista

re: calories.

I actually like to journal my food on Fitday, even when on Dukan. I find it's a good way to make sure I'm sticking to the on plan foods. But out of curiosity, I like to see the calories and carb grams - and I do find that when I go *too* low on carbs, I don't feel great, and seeing the numbers can be a good reminder to have some extra oat bran or yogurt.

And yeah, sometimes the calories are shockingly low. Well below 1000 at times. But I am truly not hungry.

(that's not to say I never get hungry at all any more - I was super hungry last night and cooked myself a big steak and feel way better now! lol!)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #143  
Dukanista

I do ok on the limited food variety - it helps me spend less time thinking about food overall.

I am trying to experiment a little bit though - mostly to try to come up with things that I can prepare ahead and portion out and reheat as needed. I really like the convenience of not having to cook every day. For me personally, that is what helps me stay on track whether it's Dukan or any other plan.

The chicken parm meatballs I posted about were good, and it's great because I now have a bag in the freezer and can take 2-3 out at a time. I'll definitely be making another batch of those.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #144  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allimac1 View Post
It's amazing how we are all saying more or less the same thing .... we just haven't been hungry on this diet .... ok, there have been moments, mostly through my own fault when I've gone too long between meals, when I've found it really really difficult to resist having a slice of bread or something fast when I get in from work.

I wouldn't be able to do this diet without the oat bran though ... I soooo look forward to my pancake with my evening meal ..... the days I'm having veggies I cook them up first then add the pancake mix to it so it's like an omlette and it is really delicious ... last night I was on PP so had the pancake, topped it with smoked salmon, added some lime juice, black pepper and some basil and it was like a pizza .... mmmm .... I can taste it now!!

I really love the oatbran too, esp. galettes. I don't have one every day, because I don't have enough time in the mornings to make them. So they are a weekend treat with a nice big mug of tea, or a special treat at night when I need something extra.

Do you eat any other oatbran during the day? I found that when I was not having some in the mornings, I would feel horrible so I make a little portion of the porridge at work every morning. When I have a galette at night, it's as an extra. But since I am closing in on 10 lbs in less than 2 weeks, I am feeling pretty sure I am not having too much oatbran! lol!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
I really love the oatbran too, esp. galettes. I don't have one every day, because I don't have enough time in the mornings to make them. So they are a weekend treat with a nice big mug of tea, or a special treat at night when I need something extra.

Do you eat any other oatbran during the day? I found that when I was not having some in the mornings, I would feel horrible so I make a little portion of the porridge at work every morning. When I have a galette at night, it's as an extra. But since I am closing in on 10 lbs in less than 2 weeks, I am feeling pretty sure I am not having too much oatbran! lol!
I go over on my oat bran most days ..... Mid-morning I have a yoghurt and I sometimes put about half a spoon of oatbran into that, might do the same mid-afternoon and then make the pancake in the evening ... having the pancake in the evening makes me think that I have had a "real" dinner if you know what I mean and stops me from snacking after.

I just discovered that the yoghurt I thought was 0 fat, wasn't quite 0 fat I have now changed to a different brand.

April snow, you're doing great, you'll be on your 10lb loss badge in no time
Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #146  

re: calories

thanks for all your replies, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Even though my calories are super low, I am NOT hungry, and unlike other foods, I can't force myself to eat protein when I'm full... maybe that's why this plan works.

what is everyone's average weekly loss?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #147  

I am only on Day 13... but I have already lost 9lbs. Which to me is crazy!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #148  

That's great PinkWaterfall, you're pretty close to goal too.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #149  

I see the weight loss levelling off this week though... 6lbs in the first week and now 3lbs this week... and I expect more levelling off next week too since I don't have much to lose. (The Dukan website told me I'd reach my true weight and finish the cruise phase in March)
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #150  
Dukanista

That's exciting PinkWaterfall! I think this is a great plan when you don't have a whole lot to lose, and I know several people who finished up their Cruise phase exactly on schedule.

I've lost 9.2 as of this morning - hoping that I make it to 10 lbs on Sunday, which will be 2 weeks although the first few days were not Dukan. I never count on anything on the scale, of course. I'm really amazed that Dukan is working this well doing it for second time. I looked at my numbers from last time, and I'm actually losing even faster this time, at least for now.