Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #226  

Hey All, crazy busy week at work, welcome to the other newbies here!

Just wanted to post regarding those irritating apparent weight "gains" that happen. I was lamenting one a week or so ago that made me want to just give up, but I didn't, and today the scale did that strange "whoosh" thing where it finally caught up with the weight loss I knew was happening but was being disguised temporarily.

Key word - TEMPORARY. So stay the course fellow Dukaners.

BTW, I belong to another site that has a really great post I refer to from time to time about "Why the Scale can Lie." It's great. I can't post the link yet (not enough posts by me, forum rules?) so just google "Active Low Carber Forum" + "Why the Scale Can Lie". Read the first page of the post - it's a keeper.

Last edited by Hairballz; 02-04-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Hairballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

Thank you, Hairballz!

That was a really interesting read!! I do weigh every day so that article really makes sense.
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #228  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Pink - congrats on your ticker. It shows off that you are halfway to goal, that's great!!!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #229  

Thank you!

Come tomorrow, I'll be half way through the "official" Cruise Phase, too!
I'll over shoot it I think (I can't hit over 2lb loss a week)... but can't complain with this diet at all!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #230  
Dukanista

It's been a quiet week on here - how is everyone doing?

I wobbled a bit midweek, and yes, succumbed to a few Thin Mints. But I stopped and turned it around and back on track now. I'm not sure if it is those or TOM, but the scale isn't my friend at the moment. Hoping to show at least a little bit of a loss for my Sunday WI but I'm not positive that will happen. But I am sure that if I keep going, it will happen, so that's what I"m doing!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #231  

It's going to be a bad week for me too... my weight has been up and down all week... and today I'm meeting an old friend who's in town this weekend I haven't seen for two years... Dukan-unfriendly food and maybe even a glass or two of wine in store...
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #232  
Dukanista

Have fun Pink!!

The last time, I was so worried about staying on plan, it kind of took over my life. It's funny because I didn't even really feel like I was burned out when I stopped, but I must have been, to stop and stay stopped for over a year,

This time, I'm trying find the right balance and while I am still aiming for staying on plan all the time, I'm not freaking out about it in the same way. when I have a reasonable option to stay on plan, I am, but when there are circumstances where it's not reasonable, then I'm going to just go with it. Like tomorrow - we're going out to a place that has a salad bar, so I can have that. But I've decided that even if there isn't something on plan, I'm going to keep living my life.

The whole point of losing this weight is to live a healthier and better life. So I'm not going to let my diet diminish my life while I'm losing.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

so the scale hasn't been kind to me these past couple of weeks, I think I am averaging a 1lb loss a week, which is far below what the Dukan site estimated for me... I'm not sure I'm going to hit my goal in the time frame they specified.
The scale not showing losses is really frustrating because I can see the changes in my body, I have definitely lost inches, quite a few... and if I'm losing inches, why isn't that translating to the scale?

On the bright side, I found a pretty good replacement for a rootbeer float that *hopefully* will calm my raging sweet tooth.
Diet Mug Rootbeer (I tried Barq's and A&W and they don't taste as good)
Sugar Free Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer (it has no sugar and 1g fat, but it's worth it to me)
Pour your rootbeer in a glass with some ice if desired, add a Tbsp of the creamer and revel in delight!

Last edited by domesticbliss; 02-08-2013 at 09:26 PM.
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

I also found an amazing 0 fat ice cream... its made with whey protein, here's the nutritional breakdown
1/2 C = 37 calories, 0g Fat, 6g Carbs, 2g Fiber, 5g Sugar, 3.4g Protein

They have chocolate, vanilla, cookies & cream, coffee, mint chocolate cookie, and strawberry.

I didn't care for the spoonful of chocolate I had, but the coffee is good, the flavor isn't as full as regular ice cream, but if you really need a treat in a pinch, I don't think this would set you back diet wise.
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #235  
Dukanista

No movement on the scale for the week. A little frustrating because aside from that one small midweek blip, I have been on plan. And yesterday, we went out to a pizza restaurant and I had salad!

Hoping that I see a whoosh after my next set of PP days, though.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 192/174/147

Height: 5ft2

Hi everyone,

It's so frustrating not to see movement on the scale but sometimes your body just doesn't want to let go of those pounds!! Hope you seeing losses in the inches department April Snow.

I am only back on track since yesterday - I took an extra week off when I came back from skiing ... and while I did enjoy eating "normally" again I didn't feel great ... very lethargic .... so I now know that carbs and sugars bring me down physically and emotionally.

I am now on Attack phase again and will stay on this until the weekend.

Take care

Allimac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 140/124/120

Height: 5ft 2

Hi everyone, I hope you dont mind me jumping in on here but I was just wondering if there is anyone on here who is on the final phase? I reached my true weight back in October and am now at the stage of just having one protein day a week. Im just so stumped about what's happening... I am literally back to the way I ate before I started the diet, possibly with slightly less carbs, drinking beer, eating pretty much whatever I like, and I literally haven't put on ONE POUND. Absolutely nothing. My weight has literally stuck at 124.6 since November. I know this is what is supposed to happen, but I really can't get my head around it. With past diets, as soon as I go back to "normal" eating, my weight is right back up within a month or so.
Has anyone else reached this phase and found the lack of weight gain difficult to comprehend?!
Cat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #238  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allimac1 View Post
Hi everyone,

It's so frustrating not to see movement on the scale but sometimes your body just doesn't want to let go of those pounds!! Hope you seeing losses in the inches department April Snow.

I am only back on track since yesterday - I took an extra week off when I came back from skiing ... and while I did enjoy eating "normally" again I didn't feel great ... very lethargic .... so I now know that carbs and sugars bring me down physically and emotionally.

I am now on Attack phase again and will stay on this until the weekend.

Take care

Hi Allimac -

I think paying attention to how good I feel on Dukan is as big a part of it as losing the weight. And it's sneaky - I don't think I realized how bad I felt until I restarted and realized how good I felt again. Good luck on your re-Attack!!

And yes, I'm seeing a change in size, even if not on the scale. I haven't measured with a tape measure (too depressing! lol!) but I am seeing a noticeable change in how my clothes fit, and getting back into things that were too small. I'm doing an extra WI on Thursday for a challenge, so hoping to see some movement on the scale by then!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #239  
Dukanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat86 View Post
Hi everyone, I hope you dont mind me jumping in on here but I was just wondering if there is anyone on here who is on the final phase? I reached my true weight back in October and am now at the stage of just having one protein day a week. Im just so stumped about what's happening... I am literally back to the way I ate before I started the diet, possibly with slightly less carbs, drinking beer, eating pretty much whatever I like, and I literally haven't put on ONE POUND. Absolutely nothing. My weight has literally stuck at 124.6 since November. I know this is what is supposed to happen, but I really can't get my head around it. With past diets, as soon as I go back to "normal" eating, my weight is right back up within a month or so.
Has anyone else reached this phase and found the lack of weight gain difficult to comprehend?!

Hi Cat and welcome!!

Unfortunately, I've never made it to Conso, let alone Stabilization! So no personal experience on that. But that's very exciting to hear how well it's working for you!

Are you still having the oat bran every day and doing one PP day per week?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #240  

Now that is wonderful news I loved this diet when I was on it. I could not switch back to all protein days after being on protein and vegetables. But after reading your news I am tempted to go back. Thank You
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote