Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #31  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
How did you get the 10% off? I just put 10 boxes in my cart, and it came to $79.90? Am I doing something wrong?

Has anyone tried the "Tropical Fruit"?
Use the coupon code SAVEME10 (I think) once you have $99. Click on quantity discounts or volume discounts and it tells you what the coupon code is. Seems to me there was a holiday code where you could save 15% but I deleted the email. I liked the Tropical Fruit - I also liked the Wildberry and Mixed Berry so if you liked those, you'll probably like Tropical Fruit.

Last edited by reuselady; 12-02-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks to everyone who helped me with the questions of DietDirect.com. I will make my order up before Sunday when the special ends. This is great to know. I'm sure the center will not be happy, but if they want to compete, then they need to reduce their HNS's. They also need to do some monthly specials that would help with the cost. Right now I have been doing the 10 for $90 but this sounds so much better. I ordered the catalog and requested email specials. This is so exciting. Does anyone know if the the bottle of Cocoa is the same as MRC'S?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #33  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
I am also interested when these go on sale. I'm trying to do 4-5 Hns a day so any help with bringing the cost down would be great.
Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
do you loose more if you do more than 3 hns a day??? I have been doing 3 a day but wondered if I did another 1 or 2 if it would make a difference.
iluvindiana and LaRee, when I got to 200 they said to only have 4 HNS each day. One at breakfast, lunch, afternoon and then you skip the one with dinner and have it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
As I have just started training for my first half marathon I found this on a website and wanted to share it, it has given me a lot of motivation when I am tired and it is too cold to go out and run!

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian
Great quote! This will be one to remember. I was watching the BL last night and they ran their marathon and there were many times when a couple of them didn't think they could make it but they fought through it and finished. If anyone's interested, the counselor that did all our classes at MRC gave us each a bag of daily affirmations and said you could get more on their website. I'll get that tonight at home and post it tomorrow.

Last edited by TeresaG; 12-02-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #34  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
iluvindiana and LaRee, when I got to 200 they said to only have 4 HNS each day. One at breakfast, lunch, afternoon and then you skip the one with dinner and have it later.

Great quote! This will be one to remember. I was watching the BL last night and they ran their marathon and there were many times when a couple of them didn't think they could make it but they fought through it and finished. If anyone's interested, the counselor that did all our classes at MRC gave us each a bag of daily affirmations and said you could get more on their website. I'll get that tonight at home and post it tomorrow.
I would love the info on the affirmations. I missed that class... thanks!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #35  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
I would love the info on the affirmations. I missed that class... thanks!!!

Here is a link to the affirmations. http://www.something-fishy.org/reach/affirmations.php
Old 12-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
do you loose more if you do more than 3 hns a day??? I have been doing 3 a day but wondered if I did another 1 or 2 if it would make a difference.
I have read on this forum that the more HNS you do the more fat you burn.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #37  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
How did you get the 10% off? I just put 10 boxes in my cart, and it came to $79.90? Am I doing something wrong?

Has anyone tried the "Tropical Fruit"?

I just typed in the promocode saveme10, they have 10%off, 20%off, and 30%off depending on the amount your order comes to...I ordered over 99 then received about $11 off.

I just ordered 2 of the Tropical Fruit, I will let you know what I think once I receive it.

this is pasted from directdiet

Buy More, Save More.

Get "Quantity Discounts" on larger quantities of individual products.
Save up to 20% when you stock up on individual products!
(You can combine different flavors of the same product to get quantity discounts.)

Plus, Volume Discounts for Bigger Orders!

* Order $99 or more and Save 10%!
Use Coupon Code SAVEME10 during checkout.

* Order $399 or more and Save 15%!
Use Coupon Code SAVEME15 during checkout.

* Order $899 and or more and Save 20%!
Use Coupon Code SAVEME20 during checkout.

* Limit 1 coupon code may be used per purchase.

Last edited by GWE140; 12-02-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Default coupon code for dietdirect

I googled and came up with xmas15 for the 15% code. I am going to hold off on this order as I am probably the only person who prefers powders to concentrates--so I haven't tried the code myself.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #39  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

I got into my first arguement with the center today. It was great. I mean....I was so upset! Yeah, that's it. The stupid manager was pushin me to buy buy buy and I told her I can't afford the supps right now and that I bought my HNS's online and she about fell out of her chair with heart failure. She kept makin it out like I didn't have enough time left to lose the remaining weight (23 lbs) And that if I didnt buy theirs the guaruntee was crap and her hands were tied.

I reminded her that I gained 3 free weeks by my loss over Thanksgiving and that I have 12..count them, 12 full more weeks before I'm off program. I've lost 16.5 pounds in 7 weeks. I think I'll be ok. Then I told her that I didn't appreciate her high pressure, condescending, patranizing sales speech and that I didn't join them to be put down and talked to like I'm stupid. I joined for the support and accountability. I told her to mark on my paper that no one is to ask me about buying ANYTHING and that I don't ever want her to be my counslor again.

SO THERE!

*Sigh* I'm glad I got that out. It's a good day.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #40  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

wowwee, go you! i would never have the chutzpah to be that honest with them. impressive!!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

Default Hunger

UGH! I feel like I am starving the last 2 days!!! I have not felt this way at all since starting OP and then this week its like I'm not getting enough to eat. I haven't skipped or forgotten any part of any meal and am drinking 4-5 HNS's a day and 1-2 fiberfill drinks. I'm dying here! What do you do when you hit this point?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh34 View Post
UGH! I feel like I am starving the last 2 days!!! I have not felt this way at all since starting OP and then this week its like I'm not getting enough to eat. I haven't skipped or forgotten any part of any meal and am drinking 4-5 HNS's a day and 1-2 fiberfill drinks. I'm dying here! What do you do when you hit this point?
When do you drink your fibers? When I had this problem I really watched the clock and made sure I ate EVERY 5 hours and had the fibers mixed with a decaf tea (Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Decaf Tea is the best mixed with the fiber) in between all my meals and that seamed to hold me over between meals. Good luck!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #43  

Height: 5'6''

LaRee and Indiana - I was told that the most beneficial part of this plan is the HNSs. I drink 5 a day and will until I get below 200lbs and have to cut back to 4. I need to talk to Hubby about the dietdirect order...thats a great deal.

DZach - WAY TO GO GIRL!!! Show 'em who's the boss!

Leigh - if you ask your center they'll recommend a supplement for that, but you don't really need it I promise. If there is a certain time of day that you're most hungry? For me it's mid-afternoon. Thats the time of day that you should eat a creamy HNS. They make you feel fuller overall because there's more carbs in them. Carbs spike the blood sugar up (it dips when you get hungry) and protein maintains the elevated level enough that you won't get hungry again for a little while. Protein will elevate the blood sugar on it's own too, but not as quickly as the carbs will. Also...have you been drinking enough water? Water is pretty filling too.

I used to know more about that stuff when i was on MRC the first time...before i had a baby and lost my mind
Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

daisy hotrocks and hvnlymzic -

The hunger does hit most often in the afternoon - today it was almost all day - mid morning and afternoon. I usually do a HNS about 2:30 or 3:00 and this week have added a fiberfil mid morning and also right after my afternoon HNS. I have been drinking about 90 oz of water a day. I will try the creamy in the afternoon to be more filling. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZackery View Post
I got into my first arguement with the center today. It was great. I mean....I was so upset! Yeah, that's it. The stupid manager was pushin me to buy buy buy and I told her I can't afford the supps right now and that I bought my HNS's online and she about fell out of her chair with heart failure. She kept makin it out like I didn't have enough time left to lose the remaining weight (23 lbs) And that if I didnt buy theirs the guaruntee was crap and her hands were tied.

I reminded her that I gained 3 free weeks by my loss over Thanksgiving and that I have 12..count them, 12 full more weeks before I'm off program. I've lost 16.5 pounds in 7 weeks. I think I'll be ok. Then I told her that I didn't appreciate her high pressure, condescending, patranizing sales speech and that I didn't join them to be put down and talked to like I'm stupid. I joined for the support and accountability. I told her to mark on my paper that no one is to ask me about buying ANYTHING and that I don't ever want her to be my counslor again.

SO THERE!

*Sigh* I'm glad I got that out. It's a good day.
DZackery,
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I applaud you for being honest with them. I get so irritated with my center sometimes about the same things. One thing they do that irritates me to no end is call constantly to "check up on me." I told them I was going out of town for Thanksgiving and would return the following Saturday to weigh in. I was also very honest with them when they repeatedly asked "What is your plan for Thanksgiving?" I told them my plan was to eat with my family and get back on plan after the holiday. They started calling the day after Thanksgiving saying I needed to come in and weigh and if I had fallen off my diet I could turn to them for support. After they'd left me about 5 different messages over past few days, I emailed them and was very clear that I would be in this Saturday since I had been out of town, as I had stated to 2 different consultants. I only weigh in on Saturdays, BTW. It's the only time I can get weighed in the morning before food, water, etc. Miracle of miracles.........no one called today after I sent my email. Sometimes I feel like I'm being stalked by them. LOL

Last edited by Goose; 12-02-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Closed Thread