Old 05-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #1531  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Missy- WOW! Amazing difference, good for you!

HeatherCP- I'm sure with your love and support the new little one will fall into a better routine in no time. How fun.

HeatherPP- I'm so jealous of your sun, lady! Finally the sun is shining today. All of this snow has got me a little depressed.

Aggie- You are such a smarty pants. Good for you on your test.

Lea Ann- Um, yeah, alcohol was one of my big problems this weekend too. Lemon drops (Thanks Rachy, they are really good), amaretto in coffee, and wine. My little sis had a bad case of cork flu yesterday morning, hahaha.

My dad came back from the lake on Saturday evening with a fishing lure stuck in his fingers, holding 2 together. DH had to cut lure off with wire cutters and pull the hooks out of his fingers. I made him a strong drink and got the heck out of there. It was so gross. My little sis does wound care at the hospital, so she took good care of him. Ewwww, and ouch!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #1532  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 236/185/140

Thanks, Rebeca. You look great as well, and you'll be done in no time! Good luck with your fiber therapy. I eat usually 9 prunes a day, which helps, but not everyone likes prunes (I'm weird that way). Blessings to your baby-carrying friend, as well.
missy_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:48 AM   #1533  
PurpleSunshine

Hiya Boo - you're just a travelin girl hunh??

Missy - Huge difference - HUGE !! How much do you have left?? or are you finished? You look wonderful!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:49 AM   #1534  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Repo - what was that lemon drop recipe again??
I forgot to write it down.
I am with you on the ewwww factor when it comes to hooks under the skin

Aggie - WTG brainiac!!! I sure you feel like you lost 10lbs of stress. That is that best feeling when big hurtles are behind you - accomplished successfully!!!

NSV - went on my 4th hike this season (same mountain) yesterday and did it in 61 mins.
Last year I think the fastest I could finish was around 75- 80min.
Amazing how losing the 40lb fanny pack makes a difference.

Sounds like everyone had a good long w/e - happy POP week!

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #1535  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Missy--great before and afters! Is that Kirk Cameron? Blast from the past! You look great!

Rebeca--have a safe trip. Good luck with the fiber--hope it works--I have the same problem--ugh. This eating right is tearing me up! Hope you and DH have a great time on his birthday--LOL.

Katie--cork flu--that's a new one to me--love it! I feel so guilty over the extra weight that today I am scared to eat! Then after the story about your dad I don't think I can!! What a visual--I felt it before I saw it.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #1536  

lisa- You go girl with the wax....DH will be drooling! Can you tell that I am brazilian???? LOL

Missy- I tried the prunes but didnt work at all! So i am going to more strong stuff! Thanks for the blessings...
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #1537  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 236/185/140

It is Kirk Cameron! He's great. Saw him in October, so that was me at my highest weight - 235+. Can't believe I went that far. However, I think I learned a lot about human nature from being heavy. A lot about being judgemental... compassionate... but now I'm through with that.
missy_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:58 AM   #1538  
on LAWL

HeatherPP--YES!! And while I love it, it makes for a crazy day today trying to get everything and everyone ready. DH just thinks packing is a snap because all his clothes are clean and he only has to pack for himself while I (on the other hand) make sure everything is clean, pack for myself and both girls--no I don't trust them yet--they would have 2 bathing suits and nothing else!), pack the ice chest for on the road snacks, make sure the suburban is filled ans washed, and the list seems to go on and on--and he wonders why I sleep the first few hours of every trip. So we leave early tomorrow for AZ, get home next Tues nite then leave again on the 16th for MB for a week--I am really excited for that one--just don't want to come back 20 lbs heavier if one blown weekend is any indication--yikes.

Sznn--WTG on the hike--I never realized how much easier "life" is without draggin' the wagon!!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #1539  
Katie

I bought some mineral make up off of ebay for my 60 lb reward, and can I just say WOW! It is so beautiful on. So shimmery, I feel like a goddess today! I'll see if I can get a new avatar picture up soon. This make up is unreal!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #1540  
PurpleSunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sznn

NSV - went on my 4th hike this season (same mountain) yesterday and did it in 61 mins.
Last year I think the fastest I could finish was around 75- 80min.
Amazing how losing the 40lb fanny pack makes a difference.

Sounds like everyone had a good long w/e - happy POP week!

-S
Congrats girly - that is a wonderful accomplishment!!! I know you felt wonderful afterwards!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:59 AM   #1541  

I just made my fitday public! If any of you would like to check it out and criticize it you are more than welcome!

If you want to tell me what to and what not to eat thats cool too!

Whatever makes me lose weight! (Do i sound desperate?lol)
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #1542  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Default Good Morning, All

I've been reading what everyone else has written, and I am with you guys. Holidays are HARD!!! Especially when you have a MIL who has on her kitchen sland for helping yourself - german chocolate cake, key lime pie, carrot cake, magic cookie bars, peanut butter cookies and chex mix - that's just mid-afternoon snacks - AAAAGGGHHH!!!! I think I'll have to shoot her!! BUT, while I'm a couple of pounds up after 'normal' eating over the weekend, I am working hard to think positively and feel good about resisting that island of temptation. And so do so many of you, who may have not spent the weekend exactly OP but who made better choices, right?? It's a process, I just keep telling myself that. I REALLY want this to be the time that I make this work and change my life - not only for me, but for my husband and son. I always lose about 20-25 lbs. on whatever I'm doing (WW, Atkins, counting calories, etc... ) and then stall. I'm really, worried that will happen this time too.

I am working hard to keep my motivation up as I head into my third week of LAWL. I am going to stick it this week and hopefully be back on track. Gotta say, I'm not enamored of the counselors at my center. I just feel like they want to sell me things, and don't have any good tips for staying OP. Can I request not to meet with certain people?

Thanks for all the tidbits and motivational ideas, ladies. I love coming out here and hearing about all of your successes!!

Skipper
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #1543  
on LAWL

Skipper--welcome to the boards! You will probably get better tips, information, and support here is you are already not wild about your counselors--we are better--IMHO!! Ask away--someone will know. YES--you can request who you want (and don't want) to see--you paid them!! I usually just call on my way and say "hey, I'm on my way is so-n-so available?" Never had a problem.

I know basically all desserts are off limits but MIL (also on plan) made a great pie this weekend--maybe not OP but better than the homeade peach cobbler that was our other option (I felt so bad DH's nanny makes it just for me and I ate 1 spoon!) Anyway--it's the Key Lime Pie in the Kraft magazine so I'm sure you've all seen it. It's just SF jello and SF coolwhip in a reduced fat graham crust. After months of the rare sweet it was divine. I can't wait to try it with the lemon flavor.

Kristi--thanks--I feel better already--maybe by WI next week I will be closer to where I was last week. Until then--ticker denial!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #1544  

klvan and repogirl: right there with ya'll on the mineral make-up I have been using it for a year, everytime i wear liquid so I can finish off what i have I hate it. I love bare minerals, I am a bare minerals addict, we have a store here in san antonio and the eyeshawdos, blushes etc, are beautiful. By the way sometimes QVC has great special on the bare esscentuals mineral make up and it can be cheaper then buying it at the store. They also have things you won't find other places.

I know what ya'll mean about weekends, that is definatly the hardest for me I lose during the week and then gain during the weekend it's a cycle I need to break.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #1545  
Katie

Mary- Taylor Hicks just sang on Regis and Kelly. Wow, wow, wow.