Old 03-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #241  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello! Just checking in. Already down below 195 as of this morning after two weeks. Have had a couple slips, but mostly staying strict. Was an idiot this morning and left all my food at home, so went to the deli around the corner and got a veggie omelette. Getting a light salad for lunch, and 7-11 sells quest bars. *sigh* Gotta roll with it. Have a good week!
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:12 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Posh!! Missed ya, good to see you again and hear things are headed in the right direction.
Just checkin' in... seeing who all is here and waving atcha!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,

Reboot 2017 starts today. Goal weight here I come! Have 20 lbs. to get there.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #244  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hi All,

Reboot 2017 starts today. Goal weight here I come! Have 20 lbs. to get there.
Hi Catlady! Best of luck - you got this

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hello! Just checking in. Already down below 195 as of this morning after two weeks. Have had a couple slips, but mostly staying strict. Was an idiot this morning and left all my food at home, so went to the deli around the corner and got a veggie omelette. Getting a light salad for lunch, and 7-11 sells quest bars. *sigh* Gotta roll with it. Have a good week!
Great news!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #245  

Hi everyone! How are you doing this week? Nice to see the boards a little busier, but hoping everyone's reboot goes well. I have a small NSV- I took my daughter to dance class where they have a room that is basically just a huge mirror and I was able to notice that I look smaller and my jeans are pretty baggy- that was nice since I usually avoid the mirrors!

Anybody have any new favorite alternative items they like a lot? I need to expand beyond the mocha wafer, tomato soup and quest muffin rut I am in. I did try a new quest flavor in the Cookies and Cream, but I think the fake sugar in it gives me a tummy ache if I eat it too often.

Have a great week everyone!
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:51 PM   #246  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
Hi everyone! How are you doing this week? Nice to see the boards a little busier, but hoping everyone's reboot goes well. I have a small NSV- I took my daughter to dance class where they have a room that is basically just a huge mirror and I was able to notice that I look smaller and my jeans are pretty baggy- that was nice since I usually avoid the mirrors!

Anybody have any new favorite alternative items they like a lot? I need to expand beyond the mocha wafer, tomato soup and quest muffin rut I am in. I did try a new quest flavor in the Cookies and Cream, but I think the fake sugar in it gives me a tummy ache if I eat it too often.

Hi Stormy! Good for you! I love those NSV!!! I have to say my favorite alternative is the Proti-Thin Anytime Drink - Chocolate. They come six to a box and are a bit pricey ($18.95 for 6) BUT they are so delicious! For me I feel they are worth paying for. I freeze them and then take them out to thaw for about an hour and I swear they taste like ice cream. It takes a long time to eat also which helps me because my problem time is at night after my kiddies go to bed .
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #247  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post

I love the Quest Cookies and Cream protein powder. I have it as a shake every night now. I put a good amount of ice cubes with about 8 oz water and a fair amount of salt with a scoop and mix it in my ninja (single serving accessory) blender. It is as close as you will get to an Oreo blizzard doing IP :-)

I am also a big fan of the Healthsmart hot chocolate (aspartame free).

I love to make peanut butter pudding out of the Quest Peanut Butter protein powder. I make it with salt and 2 oz water. I love the flavor but it is not all that filling.

Overall, the Quest protein powders are the best alternative due to taste and versatility.

I should add that I have not replaced any of the IP products this time with alternatives. The items I mentioned I am having a replacements for my 8 oz dinner protein as I just haven't felt like eating meat or eggs.

I have tried a bunch of other alternatives and concluded the IP products are superior tasting and more fulfilling as compared to alternatives, in my opinion. The worst was the Doctors Weight Loss systems - no taste!!!

For me, there is no beating the IP chocolatey caramel mug cake made as cookies for breakfast (just 2 oz water and 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp baking powder and salt). I love the IP chicken soup with 2 cups of riced cauliflower. And, I absolutely crave the IP chocolate drink mix made as a cake with simple 2 oz water and 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp baking powder and salt.
I removed the egg white from my baking as I wanted my full dinner protein and I don't miss it at all.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #248  

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm going to try a few new things this week. Switch it up to keep things interesting.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:44 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi all,
Rebooting today, day 1. Start weight 136.4
Shooting for 16.4 lbs in 12 weeks
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:38 PM   #250  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Hi all,

I broke OUT of the 180s this week and weighed in at 179.6!!!! Down a total of 19.8lbs since 2/20. YAY!!!!

Last edited by staceyjblack; 04-04-2017 at 12:39 PM.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:49 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Congrats on all the NSV's and SV's! Completed my first week of reboot and down 5.4 lbs as of today. Fav alternates:

Healthsmart soups: Cream of Broccoli and Cream of Mushroom. I cook two cups of veg(usually steamed) and pour the soup on top. Add a big salad of freebie lettuces, radish, cucumber, etc. and that is lunch most days.

Healthsmart puddings: I like these because they give the idea of eating dessert. Mix with 4 oz really cold water in shaker bottle and it's pretty tasty. I also use these to make Lisa's zucchini muffins. Works just as good as IP products.

Proti Diet Chili: with 2 cups of sauteed veg or over 2 cups riced cauliflower. Very filling. Just soak the chili for at least 30 minutes or it's crunchy.

Agree with above on Quest powders. These can be used for waffles and pancakes.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Hi all, I'm starting into week 3, hardly losing but losing nonetheless (only 3 lbs). Loving all your recommendations of alternative products. I was so afraid to deviate from the official protocol the first time that I didn't try alternatives but this round, I'd like to be a little kinder to my wallet and it sounds as if plenty of people are very successful on alternatives, so I may start mixing a few into my routine. It looks like a lot of the alt products are used by people in Canada - does anybody have a recommendation for where to buy alternative products for those of us in the US, and which ones seem to be good standbys to start with?
MaPetiteChoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
Hi all, I'm starting into week 3, hardly losing but losing nonetheless (only 3 lbs). Loving all your recommendations of alternative products. I was so afraid to deviate from the official protocol the first time that I didn't try alternatives but this round, I'd like to be a little kinder to my wallet and it sounds as if plenty of people are very successful on alternatives, so I may start mixing a few into my routine. It looks like a lot of the alt products are used by people in Canada - does anybody have a recommendation for where to buy alternative products for those of us in the US, and which ones seem to be good standbys to start with?
Hi!
I love GNC, the Vitamin Shoppe and netrition.com. and nashuanutriton.com. You can pretty much get everything you need there for alternative products.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

I buy them from Nashua, and Quest products are great!

Day 2- 134.5

I did crazy cardio last night. I do a BCAA pre-workout and I eat extra protein too!

Everyone is doing great! Congrats

What's everyone doing for Easter? I was thinking of doing Keto so I don't really get out of ketosis. So basically have some cheese and sausages
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #255  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

howdy rebooters!!

I had my 13th (3 month) weigh in on Monday -- 204.6 lbs -- heading for Onederland and hoping to get there this month....

I was sick with a bad sinus infection and actually lost my appetite - that was a real boon to my losses the past 2 weeks. I do not recommend it, but I will take the losses wherever I can find them!

I have been enjoying pancakes made from Vanilla Drink Mix with an egg white, baking powder, cinnamon, and a cup of cauliflower rice (pre-cooked), and sparkling water (plain) added to bring the consistency to something pancake like.

Seeing that Ro22 is leaving the egg whites out, I may have to try that....

For alternates - I LOVE the Quest Blueberry Muffin protein bar -- so few of the Quest bars are legit alternatives to the IP restricted bars, but I cut the blueberry muffin bar into 8 pieces and put on cookie sheet, back at 350 for 8 minutes and savor my wonderful little cookie like nuggets, one at a time.
Yummmm!!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote