Old 11-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

It is so funny how everyone's taste buds are different. Salted caramel is my favorite, followed by PB and then chocolate I actually enjoy both the banana and the strawberry after my workouts. They are refreshing when you are all hot & sweaty.

Did you make the bread with "unflavored" powder? I will be restocking my inventory next weekend and might pick some up. Do you make a 1/2 portion to make up the protein from the eggs? A breakfast sandwich sounds pretty amazing...
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #47  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
It is so funny how everyone's taste buds are different. Salted caramel is my favorite, followed by PB and then chocolate I actually enjoy both the banana and the strawberry after my workouts. They are refreshing when you are all hot & sweaty.

Did you make the bread with "unflavored" powder? I will be restocking my inventory next weekend and might pick some up. Do you make a 1/2 portion to make up the protein from the eggs? A breakfast sandwich sounds pretty amazing...

I did. It is same recipe as cookies but use about 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum also to get a bread texture on the inside. Then bake at 385 for 20 minutes.
I use a whole portion because I have it with 2 eggs.
Plus, I follow macros more than the straight protocol. For example, I know that Ideal Protein minimums are 750 cal, 100g protein, 25g Fat (including from fish oil supplements) and 30g carbs.

So, I loosely follow 3 packets, 8 oz meat, 2 tsp olive oil, 4 c vegetables. Most times, I do 4 c vegetables so I don't waver from that except last 2 days.

So, today I had IP pudding cup for breakfast, IP chicken soup with 2 c cauliflower for lunch, IP BBQ crisp for snack, 2 poached eggs and 1 serving bread made from quest multi-purpose powder and healthsmart hot chocolate with quest chocolate cookie. That comes to 852 c, 123 g p, 23 g fat, 39 g carbs.
All the servings are whole servings as I made a conscious effort this week to increase my cal count by 100-150 cal a day this week after doing 3 weeks minimum in a row including 2 boot camp weeks. Also, this is not a typical day for me as I cut 2 c vegetables and using fat from eggs vs olive oil and I usually have the cookie for breakfast but I didn't have any left as I had to bake today so had the pudding instead. Note that I added back in some IP products as I was getting too much protein with using Quest as my alternative source throughout the day.

Last edited by Ro22; 11-08-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:57 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Linda I agree on the Syntrax. Also the Proti-thin shakes. Neither are as thick as Quest or IP. I'm like you, I like them really thick. Blending the heck out of them with a lot of ice seems to help.

Only thing tho, Syntrax has 0 carb, 0 fat, 0 sugar. So it might stay on my list. ( I wonder if mixing half and half with Quest would work????)

The Proti-thin is higher in carbs, not sure if I'll reorder that. Still have some chocolate and caramel café, and a sample pack, so I'll decide on that later.
Definitely going to keep having the Quest.

jenny - your cake sounds good, I'll have to try it. I'd probably not eat both pieces on the same day, wonder if it would keep well till the next day?
Last night, I used a sample packet of Syntrax Chocolate Truffle (I was planning to make cookies from Janevas cookbook) well, it ended up too runny for cookies, so I lined a small bowl with parchment and made "cake" from it. Not bad- I may have found a use for the packets. I thought I needed to cook it longer, so 13 minutes was too long- dried it out a bit. I made a "frosting" with WF marshmallow (which i think is gross, but need to use it up) and some vanilla extract. It was pretty good all together.
This morning I made a Quest vanilla shake with spinach and some coffee extract. I really really like the quest shakes-they are so thick- (so far the banana is the one I wasn't impressed with) I think tomorrow I will try the sample of Strawberries and Cream.
Happy Monday one and all- have a great day!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #49  

Ro- I follow roughly the same amount of macros as you do. I am usually around 124-130g protein, 30g fat and between 30-35g carb (before fiber) depending on what I eat.

I have been doing 4 packets (I say packets, but really 1 scoop of Quest). 1 for post workout, 1 for breakfast, 1 for snack and 1 for dinner. Then lunch is the regular protein.

I think I am going to get the unflavored and try it for bread type products. In maintenance and beyond, it would be awesome as a PB&J

Destony- I like the strawberry. I think it is refreshing and I also think it would be really good if you whipped it up in a blender with ice- like a strawberry shake. For maintenance, it would probably be even better if you mixed it with almond milk
Old 11-11-2015, 05:43 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Good Morning All- Continuing with my two cents worth on the stuff I ordered from Nashua...Jenny I agree, I liked the Quest Strawberries and cream. I whip all mine in my Ninja with ice and spinach. I don't know if the spinach holds me a little longer or not (probably not) but I do think it helps to thicken things. OMG - the thought of making them with Almond Milk- almost heaven??
Yesterday I used Janevas recipe for Cappacino crisps using my Quest Banana sample. I didn't really think too much of it as a shake. The only modification I made to the recipe was a dash of banana extract. They were more like puffs, great flavor, but a bit rubbery- not sure if I should decrease the cooking time? Any thoughts? If anyone makes things with the Syntrax, I'd love to hear your secrets-I have a few more sample packs to use-don't think a lot of their shakes, not thick enough-HOWEVER, that being said-to digress back to my thought about spinach thickening the shakes-this morning I am having a shake with the Syntrax Peanut Butter Cookie sample. I added a good handful of spinach, a couple of ice cubes and 8 oz of water- not disappointed-it's pretty good, though I think that the Quest Peanut Butter is just a scridge better.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #51  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Jenny - I would recommend looking at Great Low Carb Bread Company for bread for maintenance. If that doesn't appeal to you, then get the quest multi-purpose unless you want bread in P1. If I use it in Maintenace then I'll have to figure out a recipe that will make it a bit more dense - using Bob's Red Mill products with it, for example.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

I have to share my favorite find for the week! If you're into baking your quest powder, you need to add a packet of the oatmeal to it omg! It completely changes the texture from the typical 'puffs' that normally come from baking Quest powder. The Healthsmart oatmeal isn't terrible, but it's just kind of a funny consistency for me on its own so I tried adding it with the protein powder and it is great! Ive seriously been eating one of the little 'bread loafs' from it every day.

I've paired my health smart apples and cinnamon oatmeal with all of the following quest powders: banana cream, vanilla, salted caramel, and peanut butter. They were all VERY good.

-1 scoop/packet Quest protein powder
-1 packet IP/Healthsmart/Proti oatmeal
-1tsp baking powder
-2tsp olive oil
-1 whole egg
-2tbs or so water (or to whichever consistency you prefer)

Bake at 350 for ~10mins for 2 'mini bread loaves' (one larger one doesn't seem to bake in the middle). I initially was doing 1 egg white, then accidentally dropped the yolk in, and of course its much more moist with the yolk!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #53  

Destony- can you post the recipe for cappuccino crisps using Quest banana? I actually really enjoy it as a shake but love experimenting with different options

Ro- I was thinking of trying the Quest multi for P1 to do the eqq sandwich you were talking about. I will have to check out the low carb bread company for maintenance- but I am a ways off from that
Old 11-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #54  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Kalaya, you are officially my new best friend.

I really hate the texture of baked protein powder foods. But I tried your recipe today, and O.M.gosh. It's pretty darn close to real bread! I used maple oatmeal because that's all I had, with vanilla Quest powder. And grapeseed oil instead of olive oil, and 3 T of water instead of your 2. It was enough for 4 muffins in a standard muffin tin. Baked at 350 for about 8 minutes.

After they cooled, I cut two in half and spread on a tiny bit of low-fat mayo/mustard blend, and put some deli turkey in there, and I had lunch to go! (That's one of my big challenges - eating while out and about.) They were legit little turkey sandwiches. I can't even tell you the rapture I felt. The buns were a little sweet, but I think I will try them again using the plain Quest baking powder and maybe plain oatmeal if I can find it.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #55  

HIS - I'm so glad that you find it amazing too! It really is very close to bread. I plan on picking up some of the multi-purpose as well for the same exact reason. I think this will be something of a new habit even into maintenance, maybe with regular oatmeal or flax meal etc. I would not miss bread at all with all of the variations we can do with this!
Old 11-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #56  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Destony- can you post the recipe for cappuccino crisps using Quest banana? I actually really enjoy it as a shake but love experimenting with different options

Ro- I was thinking of trying the Quest multi for P1 to do the eqq sandwich you were talking about. I will have to check out the low carb bread company for maintenance- but I am a ways off from that
Just so you know, I have used both their bread and buns while doing P1 and have had good losses. They have the lab report on their website showing their products do not spike your blood sugar so the net carb count can be trusted.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:56 AM   #57  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I gave my two extra buns to my daughter when she stopped in last night. She ate them right away. Girl loves her some bread. She needed me to do a Nashua order for her (I have the discount), so I ordered some plain oatmeal to make more buns with the Quest baking mix I already have.

Last edited by HereIStand; 11-12-2015 at 09:09 AM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #58  

BAH! The low carb bread has wheat in it. Looks like I will be sticking to the Quest products.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Kalaya Thanks for the bread recipe. I'm definitely going to try it. I don't have any plain oatmeal, but I thought I'd use the maple oatmeal and add cinnamon, to make a cinnamon bread. Might be good toasted, you think?

I had that new ice cream recipe that I came across again yesterday. This time I used Proti-thin strawberry powder and IP vanilla RTD, and added a bit of WF strawberry syrup.
Seriously good.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #60  

Blue - I have been wanting to toast it myself, but I can't get past eating it just fresh out of the oven lol. I'm sure that it would be good! I would also like to try making some french toast with it too. I end up using a little WF pancake syrup with the bread anyway.

I was searching for a lower carb possibility to replace the health smart oatmeal and found this:

http://www.netrition.com/sensato_hig...ot_cereal.html

2g net carbs! It has mostly good reviews, a little pricey though. Once I get some more RTD I definitely would like to try the ice cream recipe!