Old 04-27-2016, 02:56 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Thanks for the wishes, gals! I do still really miss my brother. It was a very rare disease that usually happens to women and 3:1 Black to Caucasian - so for him it was 1/1.5 million If we had been maternal twins (in other words, if I was his healthy male twin) we would have been eligible for a Mayo Clinic study and trial. He had dermatomyositis with interstitial lung disease and heart complications. He did live almost twice as long as expected though, 9 yrs after diagnosis instead of 5.

hysteria... My doc & I would like to try to find something to reset my immune system back to normal (or as near it as possible...) using herbs/minerals/vitamins, etc, before we go the actual hormone route. I am looking into Armor too just so I am educated on it all.

Jenny... mom is going downhill fast. The psychiatrist told dad at the appointment last week that he doesn't even need to test her to see the decline. He can tell by her speech patterns and her facial aspect. I can see the difference too, since I worked with populations with acquired brain injuries as a physical therapy assistant.

Sorry gals.... 'dump on friends time'.
Okay, pull up socks and onward....
I get this next 5 days off which will be nice... the weather is warm here and I am into my capris and a T during the day. I picked up the most awesome asparagus today (10 lbs fresh from the local farm just picked) - photo here of Asparagus flash-fried in Roasted Garlic EVOO with Pine Nuts. The night before I made Tilapia a la Veracruzana - DH raved about it and he doesn't like white fish (salmon/trout or nothing, lol).

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 010 (800x450).jpg (27.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 011 (800x450).jpg (26.1 KB, 8 views)
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:14 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Liana - 10lbs of asparagus!! My first thought tho was the asapargus pp - . I love the pic with it in garlic and pine nuts. I saw some in the store this weekend and now I'm kicking myself I didn't get. That is hard your mom is declining so fast. My dad seems to be struggling more as well. It's a crapppy disease.

Enjoy your 5 days off. Your weather sounds great.

Slip - I want to send you flowers to recognize you for doing so well sticking to P1. You are going to get the last few lbs off soon. When do you leave for Italy?

I have been so hungry the past 2 days - ready for my IP snack an hour after lunch. Maybe due to adding gym back or just feeling tired from trip? I had to go for a walk and do a lot of self talk today to stick to plan.

Happy Wednesday
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi gals,

Liana and Jenny, So nice to see you here! I am sorry to hear that both of your parents are declining, this must be so hard and heartbreaking for you.

Jenny, thanks for the flowers thought . I find that I am very good at Phase 1, lol. Now, I need to work on "life" (phase 4). Thankfully, I caught the slide before I had to redo my IP journey. I am back into 8-10 clothing. I feel pretty good. Going to check out what the scale brings this Sun. and decide from there. I leave for Italy on June 23rd. Want to be sure to Phase off and have some maintenance down before I go. So sorry that you are having the hungries! I go through those too. Nice that you were able to avoid giving in and talked yourself into staying strong. This journey is hard at times and other times so easy and routine. I blame hormone fluctuations.

Liana, delicious food! Pine nuts sound delish. I am jealous of the fish, I love it. But I hate the smell of the house after cooking fish.

As for me, the week is moving along pretty quickly. Dinner with friends tonight. Now, I am already in bed at 8:30. Here is hoping for an early night.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:38 AM   #244  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Liana, delicious food! Pine nuts sound delish. I am jealous of the fish, I love it. But I hate the smell of the house after cooking fish.

As for me, the week is moving along pretty quickly. Dinner with friends tonight. Now, I am already in bed at 8:30. Here is hoping for an early night.
Blech... here I am typing at 12:32 AM and with very limited sleep these past few days. I did fall asleep on the couch at 8 pm til 9 pm though. I should have gone to bed then.
The trick with fish is to thaw (if frozen, or soak for a 1/2 hour if fresh) in a bit of milky water. 1 part milk to 4 parts water is more than enough. Just to cover in a dish or plate. Then drain & pat dry on paper towel and cook as normal. NO FISHY TASTE OR SMELL AT ALL! Great trick! Another thing to think of is that the fish wrappings (paper towel, foam tray and plastic wrap etc) must all go outside in the trash immediately, not stay in your kitchen garbage. I have that rule with onion skins too. Ugh I hate the smell of raw onion in the garbage pail!

Ok off to bed now!
Old 04-28-2016, 03:43 AM   #245  

teehee, asparagus pp only takes 15 minutes to make it into your system (I've done the 'scientific studies', lol). I remember in another post last year at this time we were discussing this, lol. Everyone's p smells, but not everyone has the gene to pick up on it. Strange, huh?
Muppets episode 515 Carol Burnett does an asparagus number after the dance marathon,

I think I'd like to go to this, it looks wacky, and I need wacky right now.... It looks somewhat Monty Pythonesque.

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-28-2016 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #246  

Liana, Thanks for the fish tip! Will definitely try it.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:37 PM   #247  

Hi gals- TGIF! Today was a hungry day. Came home, ate dinner at 5:00. Fell asleep at 7:00 woke up at 9:00, was just too tired to stay awake. No plans this weekend-on purpose. Time to recharge.

Am wondering what the scale will bring this week. Hoping for a happy number, we shall see.

Hope you have a great Sat.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #248  

Although WI is tomorrow, I hopped on the scale this a.m.- no change! OMG!! I know I am in ketosis, I have had ketosis mouth all week and I gave in and bought keto strips and they show keytones. I am dealing with the big C, but took something yesterday for it. And it is the week before TOM.

Will have beef tenderloin for dinner tonight, even though I do not want it- because sometimes that helps me when the scale is stuck. I am not giving up, but I am seriously frustrated!

We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. ~Maya Angelou
Keep fighting the good fight and you shall prevail.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #249  

Slip- did the scale move today?

Liana - lol the pic of Carol Burnett. It's true the smell enters system fast. I didn't realize not everyone can pick up the small.

Lost my will power Friday ... My dad got the diagnoses of early onset Alzheimer's and dementia on Thursday. My first thought was what can I eat. I held off for 24hrs and then had a sugar and carb binge. Went to therapy and working hard to get my crap together. My folks would want me to stay on track and be healthy thru all of this.

Have dinner and veggies all planned for tomorrow and ready to start the week feeling successful.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #250  

Hi Jenny, I am so sorry about your Dad's diagnosis. My heart just breaks for all of you. Sending you a hug. Turning to sugar/carbs for one night is understandable, just count it as your splurge day and move on. Feeling guilty about giving in, will just dig a bigger hole. You have enough on your plate (pun intended) right now.

As for weigh in- I lost a 1/2 pound At least I dropped into the 170s. 4.8 left to go. It is TOM and the kankles are here so I am sure a lot is water but it is really frustrating.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #251  

Hugs, Jenny... I certainly know what you are going through.
My thing last night was dark chocolate & mac nut liqueur, bah! Seems like one thing after another these days. Had to go in for an emerg. eye exam on Friday - I am very nearsighted so any hinkiness needs to be looked at quickly as I am a candidate for retinal detatchment. Big grey foggy cloud across one eye's vision turned out to be a very large 'floater' - vitreous detachment, luckily without tearing the retina, but it will take 6-12 months to clear. I am still able to drive, read, etc, but it is very annoying to have that in my vision all the time. Perhaps in a bit my brain will ignore it (so says the optometrist). At least no surgical intervention needed.

Laura, you are doing so well!! I am proud of your hard work! Kankle water will drop soon, lol. We need a laugh.... here it is:

Liana
Old 05-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #252  

Liana, thank you for the laugh and support. I needed it

Truly I only miss 4 things on Phase 1- olives, avocado, crumbled cheese(goat, feta, bleu) and wine. If those were the only things that I added back, maintenance would be a lot easier. Lol!
Old 05-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #253  

Hi ladies,
thanks ladies for the support and love. We've all got crap going on. Laura I'm sure you'll have a wooosh later this week when the water leaves you. You're so close to hitting goal, so proud and I pressed with your commitment.

Liana - love the quote! That sucks about your eye and I can't even I imagine how frustrating. Thankfully no surgery and you can still drive.

It feels like Thursday today, crazy busy week. Boss putting more pressure on us to make sure we are seeing enough clients each day. Which makes sense and we now have a 6 month wait list for therapy but some casea are more complexand feel a lot heavier. I'll have to watch my stress at work because when it gets high I start start eating and I'm not letting this job make me gain weight.

Have a good end to the week
Old 05-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #254  

Hi friends,

No job is worth gaining weight over. It is difficult in an empathetic profession to let the stress go and sometimes- a pint of ice cream seems like it just might improve your outlook, but we all know where that rabbit hole leads to. Self care is important both with work stress and your family situations. How can we focus on doing that without the food?

Jenny, you take care of you! How helpful is therapy when your therapist is stressed and miserable. You can only do your best, which I know that you are.

For me, I am staying home tomorrow. I have had a terrible TOM week, big C and a migraine since Tues. I have pushed myself all week to teach the youth. But I felt so icky today, that I threw in the towel. Work was very supportive, thankfully. Food has been completely on track. I made Janeva's fried apples (chayote) and loved them. Went to my old clinic today to pick up some WF stuff that she uses in recipes, grabbed some crispy rice squares since they are unrestricted.

Hope that all of you are having a positive day.

Last edited by Slipfree; 05-05-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #255  

Hi Girlies!

Down 4 pounds, 1 pound from my goal! Going to do a quick Phase off and then keep my eating very clean except for some wine on the weekend. My family does not want me loaded on our Italy trip, so small wine reintroductions will be part of my plan. While I am at my original goal (not the clinic's final goal)on the ticker, I am much happier with the top part of my body- girls (still have them)and arms (less bat wing skin)Time to get a more balanced diet going, do some walking and some weight training-None of which I have had energy for on this reboot.

While I have found the reboot lesson helpful, I can say this- losing pounds closer to goal sucks and takes forever. It has reinforced that my maintenance needs to be protected, by me. Everyone is going to struggle at some point (even people who are awesome at Phase 1). We are human, and as people that have turned to food for comfort most of our lives- we are going to have to consciously chose differently each and every day.

Hopefully, that 1 pound is gone by official weigh in tomorrow!

Happy Mother's Day to Jenny and Want2b!