Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Sounds like you have a pretty good stock of things to get you through the first while You have sea salt & olive oil right? I had to make sure and get those today too lol.

Sounds good! Glad we both have our heads in the game!

We can do thissssss!
I do! I bought the sea salt at the store and we already have olive oil. We have some apple cider vinegar as well, that way I can have some dressing for my lettuce and veggies. My aunt is driving from TX to visit us towards the end of the week and she's also on this diet . . . we're going to do some shopping together since Friday is payday.

We can do this! I'm excited. I was sad at dinner that I wouldn't be able to eat the same foods my family does, but it's going to be so much better for my health to stick to the diet. x3
Old 01-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #227  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I do! I bought the sea salt at the store and we already have olive oil. We have some apple cider vinegar as well, that way I can have some dressing for my lettuce and veggies. My aunt is driving from TX to visit us towards the end of the week and she's also on this diet . . . we're going to do some shopping together since Friday is payday.

We can do this! I'm excited. I was sad at dinner that I wouldn't be able to eat the same foods my family does, but it's going to be so much better for my health to stick to the diet. x3
Good good I'm going to have to try some other people's recipes that they've "concocted" for a salad dressing, some of them sound pretty delicious Or the WF ones

Well at least your Aunt can give you more of an idea on what to expect & what not

Awww I know, but it will be SO worth it!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki4me View Post
Can someone tell me what the usual calories/protein grams/carbo ration is for Ideal Protein?

Also, I accidentally ate a restricted packet (soy choc. balls) and already had oatmeal today as well. The deed was already done once I realized it... Will this throw me out of ketosis?
I did that one day in about week 2 I had chili and a bar in one day without even thinking. I still had a good loss for the week and it didn't throw me out. You wouldn't want to do it everyday but I think you are fine. you can't change it so just know tomorrow is a new day and you are doing fine.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #229  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Garlic?
Does it count towards your "2 cup" serving?
Also, does it matter if it's "fresh" or minced in a jar because I got minced in a jar lol.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Who likes the EAS carb control protein bars? I got 2 different flavors today but haven't tried them yet :P
let me know how they are! I drink the shakes and they are actually really good!... walmart didn't have any of the carb control bars so i have to try somewhere else to get them. I got pure protein instead, which aren't really that good, but they'll do.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #231  

NavyMommy, I am making that recipe tonight for your cucumber salad Thanks! I think thats just what I needed to spice up those 2cups of vegetables for the week. I am making a bulk bowl of this salad for the week. I have to or else I would never get it ready each morning! Thanks again!

BTW i'm sure everyone is wondering (hahaha) being as though I mentioned it 432908439 times in the last two days, the BABY SHOWER WENT WELL. lol I was freaking out about nothing. There wasn't any fresh veggies or a salad. I ate a green bean and realized there might have been some butter on it. So, I didn't eat anything after that, I had about 10 glasses of water and my shake
Old 01-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

A question about using alternative supplements: I've bought a bunch of different stuff to try and match what IP wants us to have, however I got into an argument with my mom because she thinks I shouldn't try to match what IP wants me to have and thinks I should follow the instructions on the bottles I bought. If I followed the instructions on the bottle, I wouldn't be getting the number of mg IP's vitamins are giving. For instance, to match IP's mg of potassium, I'd have to take 8 of the pills I have.

So do I follow the instructions of what I got, or just match the mg to what IP is wanting me to have? D:
Old 01-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Girls night out went great. I actually wasn't starving so I just ordered my sashimi and waited to get veggies when I got home (the last salad I got there was subpar). It's amazing how much fun I can have and still stick OP, just reinforces in my mind that it really is all about the people, not the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I remembered I had some money on a gift card and just got back from Walmart. I only have food enough for 5 days, but since I already had some of the vitamins I needed I only spent 41 dollars!

Tomorrow morning I'll weigh in for my official starting weight, take measurements, then begin this diet. Thanks to everyone that has provided tips for cheap meals and for being supportive.
That's awesome!! GL on your first day, and how cool your aunt is coming to see you, hopefully she'll be some great support since I know you said your parents aren't supportive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamoose View Post
I have another question: I love sauerkraut but in reading the labels they all seem to have 1 carb for only 2 TBLS, is there a brand that has better numbers?
Read the ingredients, they'll have some carbs because of the cabbage, but as long as there isn't any added sugar, HFCS, or anything else that's not allowed it should be alright.

Quote:
Can someone tell me what the usual calories/protein grams/carbo ration is for Ideal Protein?

Also, I accidentally ate a restricted packet (soy choc. balls) and already had oatmeal today as well. The deed was already done once I realized it... Will this throw me out of ketosis?
I'm not sure that we know exactly what the daily ratio is for IP, that's the beauty of the plan. You just eat what's on the sheet and you're good. I've never worried about it more than that.

Quote:
Garlic?
Does it count towards your "2 cup" serving?
Also, does it matter if it's "fresh" or minced in a jar because I got minced in a jar lol.
I think garlic is more of a 'seasoning' so I wouldn't count it. I can't imagine using enough it would really make a difference one way or another. I use the preminced garlic from the jar but like everything else check and make sure there aren't any added ingredients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
NavyMommy, I am making that recipe tonight for your cucumber salad Thanks! I think thats just what I needed to spice up those 2cups of vegetables for the week. I am making a bulk bowl of this salad for the week. I have to or else I would never get it ready each morning! Thanks again!

BTW i'm sure everyone is wondering (hahaha) being as though I mentioned it 432908439 times in the last two days, the BABY SHOWER WENT WELL. lol I was freaking out about nothing. There wasn't any fresh veggies or a salad. I ate a green bean and realized there might have been some butter on it. So, I didn't eat anything after that, I had about 10 glasses of water and my shake
I hope you like it I made a big batch this week and love not having to do anything but measure out 2 cups when lunch comes around. I will measure my ingredients next time so I can give you a better idea of what I use. And WTG on the baby shower! I was actually thinking about you when I was at the sushi place and remembering how much I freaked out the first time I had to go to a public outing for a meal. Glad it went well!!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 152.6/152.6/135

Height: 5'3"

I love the IP diet! Its the only diet that has worked for me! I weigh in tomorrow! It will be my 4th week! Hoping to lose a couple more lbs!!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #235  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

It won't kick you out of ketosis. It just means that you had perhaps too many carbs for the day which might slow down your weight loss for today. Bottom line is you're fine.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I hope you like it I made a big batch this week and love not having to do anything but measure out 2 cups when lunch comes around. I will measure my ingredients next time so I can give you a better idea of what I use. And WTG on the baby shower! I was actually thinking about you when I was at the sushi place and remembering how much I freaked out the first time I had to go to a public outing for a meal. Glad it went well!!
Yes let me know what the measurements are when you do it again. I made it for tomorrow. I tasted it... I LOVE it! I added pickles. I think i'm going to add pieces of fresh broccoli and cauliflower next time! But, the seasonings are great together. I was having such a hard time choking down cooked vegetables. I can only handle them maybe twice a week. But, I definitely love this salad. Thanks again!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #237  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Tonight I crumbled up some of the Southwest Cheese Curls onto a salad just for some crunchiness. It was like having some croutons on it. Yum!
Closed Thread