Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #121  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

HI everyone.

It has been such a long time since I've been here. Things went a little crazy on the family side the past 4 months and I just haven't been finding time to be here.

I was really wanting to come back for the support. I find I am drifting too far away from where I should be with my diet and goals.

I can't believe how many new people are on the boards and how things have changed! I hardly recognize anything. SO, would it be ok if I lurk around and mostly post here til I feel more comfortable?

Thanks,
Carla
Old 08-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Pxlkitty - the village is called Cowichan Bay. It is really beautiful here. We are the only CITTASLOW in north american...life runs at a slow peaceful self sustained pace here...after a lifetime living in urban england, this place seems like heaven on earth! If you plan to come back up this way, let me know!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
HI everyone.

It has been such a long time since I've been here. Things went a little crazy on the family side the past 4 months and I just haven't been finding time to be here.

I was really wanting to come back for the support. I find I am drifting too far away from where I should be with my diet and goals.

I can't believe how many new people are on the boards and how things have changed! I hardly recognize anything. SO, would it be ok if I lurk around and mostly post here til I feel more comfortable?

Thanks,
Carla
Carla! Welcome back! You were really instrumental in my keeping up with this plan in the early days...an information powerhouse! It's great to see you back, I hope you do venture on to the other threads, our newbies would definately benefit from your knowledge and expertise!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #124  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I weighed in at 149.0 this morning! I ate my protein meal for lunch yesterday because I was home with my son and ordered in a salad for lunch (he got a whole grain organic low-fat pizza). Last night I didn't feel like eating. I had an IP bar and a chocolate drink and went to bed. I really needed sleep after the night before. Today I will eat better!
Congratulations on reaching the 140's. I know you have been working hard. I have been following the adventures of your son this week and I'm so glad he is OK. You are amazing to have stayed on plan and actually lose! Way to go!

Quote:
HI everyone.

Thanks,
Carla
Of course! Everyone misses you. You and your great advice and insights are referenced often on all these threads! Welcome back (and don't just lurk).

Lynn
Old 08-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #125  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Carla! Welcome back! You were really instrumental in my keeping up with this plan in the early days...an information powerhouse! It's great to see you back, I hope you do venture on to the other threads, our newbies would definately benefit from your knowledge and expertise!
Thank you! I am glad you have done well with the program. I truly think it works great when followed as designed.

Maybe. We'll see about me venturing out. Today I am just trying to catch up on old threads. There are SO many new people (GOOD THING ) it may take me awhile to get a feel for how to relate to people. (it is so easy to type something that comes across not as intended) It is nice to see all the success everyone is having!! It is just what I need to get the ball rolling again.

On the other hand, I am open for questions if someone wants to ask. I just hate to barge in and say something that might not be needed. Seems like there are many seasons and well qualified people around here.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #126  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
HI everyone.

SO, would it be ok if I lurk around and mostly post here til I feel more comfortable?
Welcome back. Definitely stay on the experienced thread. It's a different kind of support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Pxlkitty - the village is called Cowichan Bay. It is really beautiful here. We are the only CITTASLOW in north american...life runs at a slow peaceful self sustained pace here...after a lifetime living in urban england, this place seems like heaven on earth! If you plan to come back up this way, let me know!!!
I loved Vancouver Island! You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Congratulations on reaching the 140's. I know you have been working hard. I have been following the adventures of your son this week and I'm so glad he is OK. You are amazing to have stayed on plan and actually lose! Way to go!
Thanks... He's MUCH better today. We got the steroid/advil/benadryl doses right. Of course, things are always better when you're not lying down. It's SO hard to watch little people with breathing issues. I'm just lucky that no one has spoken the word "asthma" and that it wasn't a water in the lungs issue after all. I am also very relieved that is seems to be clearing up. It was actually a relief last night to just have two IP products, take a sleeping pill, and go to bed. I didn't even want to eat, but knew that I needed to, and thought two products instead of a protein meal wasn't going to do any harm.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #127  

Quote:
HI everyone.

Thanks,
Carla
I said it on the daily thread and I'll say it again. HOORAY!! welcome back, I've missed you!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Just popping in to catch up! We are going out to dinner with some friends tonight and I am very excited to wear a dress that I haven't been able to wear, like ever. I also bought a pair of Juicy jeans (from a consignment shop) in size 31. I do not know what that translates to in sizes, but they fit me really nice and now I actually have a bottom that fits. Every pair of pants and jeans I have are very loose and saggy- not that I am complaining .

I am feeling so good lately, and I am enjoying it for all it is worth while it is here! I am in a good place, mentally, and am really liking the way my body is transforming. I am (unofficially) at 21# and more and more people are noticing. I have my goal around 130, figuring that I would like to maintain at 135, but in all honesty, if I could lose a few more inches off of my stomach and hips each, I would be done, no matter what the actual number is.

I am between an 8 and 10 now, and am thinking that I would like to fit comfortably into a 6. I have always had trouble with finding pants and jeans that fit me since I have a typical hourglass figure. I always end up with enough space in the back of the waistband to host a party. I think that I will always have this issue, no matter what size I am But I am chomping at the bit to fit comfortably into single digit sizes. It is amazing that in 10 short weeks I have gone from a snug 12 to a lose 10 / tight 8.

Welcome back Carla! Before I started IP I read through all the stickies and your knowledge is incredible!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #129  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats Jenny! Enjoy the success. You earned it!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #130  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks, Jordanna... I have a huge grin on my very tired face this morning... I'm so glad you're back. I remember READING *yes, I read things before asking questions on the daily thread* so many of your posts when I got started on this diet. I attribute a lot of my success on this program to you.

I've had this discussion with my coach on several occasions. When you get close to goal, it's very easy to start letting things slide. You are probably tired of the diet, sick of feeling deprived when you don't feel too heavy anymore, and want to rejoin your social activities that you've been avoiding while you were on the diet.

Here is my advice. Going from 160 to 150 for me (the last 10lbs, I still have 5 to go) are where I have started to see the most results. I look pretty darn good with clothes on (size 8 now), but there are still some wiggly bits here and there and I wouldn't yet buy a bikini. It's the end of the diet where you can really see the most improvement.

I have started toning by doing pilates and swimmng laps. Yes, it makes me hungrier and, yes, I'm adding a packet when I work out. Recently, as a result, I've started to see imrovement in my abs, leg muscles, and my arm flab is starting to disappear. The loose skin really needs all the fat to be gone before it starts to firm up. That, and you HAVE to tone with exercise. Exercise is a vital part of maintenance, so you might as well get it started now. Even if you are only walking, it's better than nothing. Also just try stretching... it's not vigorous exercise, but it does help a lot. I am about to drag about my "fluidity" bar (ballet bar) and do some additional flexibility training.

Here is the hard part. All of these things are coming at a time when people are saying "why are you still on the diet? you look great! why don't you stop now?"... And, the compliments have stopped from people who see me all the time. People who haven't seen me for a while are still shocked. Others are just lecturing me on the fact that they think I "might gain it all back" or "do you think you'll be able to do this forever, it sounds so strict"... I've really stopped talking about the diet, but refocused my energy internally. People have become more critical during the past 10lbs than they ever were before.

Note that I attribute this reaction to the fact that I am smaller than most of the people who are criticizing me now. Everyone's reaction to my weight loss has to do with THEM rather than ME... I've learned so much while on this journey. Most people have their own issues, and it is reflected in the comments that they direct towards me.

Anyway, here is my advice... I'm going to kill these last 5lbs. In all truth, I have 10lbs more of fat to lose but 5lbs of muscle to gain. I know that these pounds will take longer than the rest. It's ok! I never thought I would be in a place where I was trying to lose "only 5 lbs" and I should be very happy about that. Most of the time, I am very happy about that. But sometimes I slip and start to think I haven't yet reached my goal and that makes me a failure. Then I snap to it. I'm a superstar!

AND SO ARE YOU!
Thank you for that... I was just wondering on the daily thread about this exact thing. I am continuing on until I know I am done, and my arms don't have all that loose skin. Glad your son is feeling better.

Quote:
HI everyone.

Thanks,
Carla
things have changed, and some stay the same. I am glad you are back and we always have room for you here.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
HI everyone.

Thanks,
Carla

I just had to say welcome back and thanks! When I first started the program I read and read and read tons of your posts and they were tremendously helpful to me!
I remember reading in one of your posts that you suffered from hypoglycemia, and I had the same problem too. During the first few weeks into the program it continued as usual, but as of about 3 weeks ago I haven't had any episodes . Ok, I'm rambling now, so just welcome back and thanks again!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #132  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
HI everyone.

Thanks,
Carla

I also want to say "thank you" Carla!! When I first came on this website I read and read for DAYS!!! I saw your posts quite frequently, and appreciate all your insight!!!
Welcome back!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #133  

Good morning all! WElcome back CArla, I have enjoyed reading your "old" posts too.

Good discussion on when do we know we are at goal. I lost a hundred pounds on WW almost ten years ago and maintained it for quite some time. Then 3 years ago I started gaining weight, until I was 50 pounds heavier! I am shooting for that same goal, but am wondering if it is something I can maintain since exercise is limited with the osteoarthritis in my knees (I am almost 59) . I really want to be able to grab something in my closet and know that it will fit and not be too tight!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #134  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
I've had this discussion with my coach on several occasions. When you get close to goal, it's very easy to start letting things slide. You are probably tired of the diet, sick of feeling deprived when you don't feel too heavy anymore, and want to rejoin your social activities that you've been avoiding while you were on the diet.

Here is my advice. Going from 160 to 150 for me (the last 10lbs, I still have 5 to go) are where I have started to see the most results. I look pretty darn good with clothes on (size 8 now), but there are still some wiggly bits here and there and I wouldn't yet buy a bikini. It's the end of the diet where you can really see the most improvement.

I have started toning by doing pilates and swimmng laps. Yes, it makes me hungrier and, yes, I'm adding a packet when I work out. Recently, as a result, I've started to see imrovement in my abs, leg muscles, and my arm flab is starting to disappear. The loose skin really needs all the fat to be gone before it starts to firm up. That, and you HAVE to tone with exercise. Exercise is a vital part of maintenance, so you might as well get it started now. Even if you are only walking, it's better than nothing. Also just try stretching... it's not vigorous exercise, but it does help a lot. I am about to drag about my "fluidity" bar (ballet bar) and do some additional flexibility training.

Here is the hard part. All of these things are coming at a time when people are saying "why are you still on the diet? you look great! why don't you stop now?"... And, the compliments have stopped from people who see me all the time. People who haven't seen me for a while are still shocked. Others are just lecturing me on the fact that they think I "might gain it all back" or "do you think you'll be able to do this forever, it sounds so strict"... I've really stopped talking about the diet, but refocused my energy internally. People have become more critical during the past 10lbs than they ever were before.

Note that I attribute this reaction to the fact that I am smaller than most of the people who are criticizing me now. Everyone's reaction to my weight loss has to do with THEM rather than ME... I've learned so much while on this journey. Most people have their own issues, and it is reflected in the comments that they direct towards me.

Anyway, here is my advice... I'm going to kill these last 5lbs. In all truth, I have 10lbs more of fat to lose but 5lbs of muscle to gain. I know that these pounds will take longer than the rest. It's ok! I never thought I would be in a place where I was trying to lose "only 5 lbs" and I should be very happy about that. Most of the time, I am very happy about that. But sometimes I slip and start to think I haven't yet reached my goal and that makes me a failure. Then I snap to it. I'm a superstar!

AND SO ARE YOU!
WOW!!! This is EXACTLY where I am right now!!! Everything you have said is what I'm feeling/experiencing!! I really need to get my head straight. I think I want to get down to the low 160's and then maintain btwn 165-170, but I get pressure from others who are wondering when I'm going to stop losing! I really want to be done, but I really want to be maintaining in the 160's....and REALLY would lOVE to see a size 12 (well, I'm kinda in a 12, but want to be in a COMFORTABLE 12)! LOL!!
I stopped talking about my diet a long time ago... unless someone asks... I don't discuss it (thank goodness for this forum)!
I do go for "leisurely" walks (about an hour) a few days a week. But before IP I was doing hard workouts including weight-lifting 5-6 days a week (it was my poor diet that was killing me). Because my coach advised back in the beginning that I would see smaller numbers if I exercised...I stopped! Now I'm afraid to do any more than my walk for fear it will slow down my weight loss.
I have to say it has been much more difficult staying on track during our beautiful summer weather! I have recently been partaking in cocktails ....and it has slowed down my progress for sure!! I really just need to put my head down, avoid all distractions, and finish this thing!! Hubby is where he wants to be, but will keep doing Phase 1/2 until we can start Phase 3 together! He's such a doll!!
Here's to all of us reaching our lifetime/lifelong goals!! Best wishes!!

Old 08-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #135  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
WOW!!! This is EXACTLY where I am right now!!! Everything you have said is what I'm feeling/experiencing!! I really need to get my head straight.
You have the right attitude. Head down and focus!! And come here for support...
Closed Thread