Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #496  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyswan View Post
I started Phase III yesterday. I'm so glad I waited until I had a 4 lb. buffer because I'm up 3 lbs this morning! I just have to trust it's the way it's supposed to be because it's quite unsettling after 3 months of OP. I know I am very carb sensitive, so I might have to limit my carb count for breakfast to under 50 (30 - grains, 20 - fruit.) Or, the answer probably is to settle down, just relax, and trust that this phase going exactly how it's supposed to go. What do you think?
Give it a week and then see. Your body is in the process of readjusting to real food and carbs... I am sensitive to carbs too, so I think I will have to end up limiting things in maintenance. I'm just trusting the program and trying to keep off the scale. If I decide in a few weeks to go back to Phase 1 for a few weeks, I will cross that bridge then.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Give it a week and then see. Your body is in the process of readjusting to real food and carbs... I am sensitive to carbs too, so I think I will have to end up limiting things in maintenance. I'm just trusting the program and trying to keep off the scale. If I decide in a few weeks to go back to Phase 1 for a few weeks, I will cross that bridge then.
Sound advice - thank you. I will settle down, not freak out, and stay off the scale for a few days. Congrats on reaching goal!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #498  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Default Long time no see...

Just a quick post. I haven't been on the forum in months... but I still see some familiar names and faces. I have been doing the low carb thing over the summer but not super strict on fats and calories. Have still managed to lose about 15 pounds which is okay by me! But ready to get back on the bandwagon and hit it hard for the fall. No more of the fatty stuff. Ready to get back to basics. I went shopping last night and was able to only buy stuff from the "regular" ladies department.. all XL and size 18 so I am super motivated! Glad to see everyone's progress and can't wait to rejoin the conversation!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #499  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
Just a quick post. I haven't been on the forum in months... but I still see some familiar names and faces. I have been doing the low carb thing over the summer but not super strict on fats and calories. Have still managed to lose about 15 pounds which is okay by me! But ready to get back on the bandwagon and hit it hard for the fall. No more of the fatty stuff. Ready to get back to basics. I went shopping last night and was able to only buy stuff from the "regular" ladies department.. all XL and size 18 so I am super motivated! Glad to see everyone's progress and can't wait to rejoin the conversation!
Welcome back, I think we all are on this journey together and it doesn't matter how we get there. This has been a wonderful and yet sometimes frustrating journey. Mainly because I don't like the hurry up and weight part of it. Now that I am inching closer and closer it is getting harder and harder. I just know I can do it, it is just when and it is not like I am going anywhere and so it continues. If anyone would have told me this time last year that I would be a size 8, wearing awesome clothes and feeling better, I would have said take a hike. I don't have problems carrying my 50 lb up and down stairs, I guess that is because my body was use to carrying that and more, I just feel better doing it now, and not out of breath. My friend Couts is such an inspiration that so many have followed him, we are all going to get together for a photo with how many pounds we lost this year. Can't wait. Hopefully I can add 101lbs to this goal. This was my year to start over, do things that I haven't done before. Losing weight, getting tattoos, loved loved loved ziplining... first step was scary off of each line but then the ride was worth it. I am going to add more things to my wish list (my sister didn't like that I called it a bucket list so I have changed the name). Take care all and have a great day. It is beautiful fall weather in Edmonton and I just love being out in it, too bad some days work gets in the way of that. Looking forward to my 5:00 walk with my furry girls as they seem to enjoy the weather as much as I do. To all of you who have been my inspiration, Couts, showgirlz, judogirl, coloradogirl, darbs, Mary, pxlkitty, mynewgoal, getting, brummie, brandom, I don't want to leave anyone out but you all know you are great and you inspire people, I know we all don't get thanked enough sometimes but I really appreciate you and this forum. Okay enough have to walk (darn and in the nice weather) to my other office will check in later.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #500  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This is the 500th post. Time to start a new thread as I am closing this one.

By the way, anyone can start a new thread but only the OP (original poster) can close the thread using the "Edit" feature.
Closed Thread