Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I dunno if I count as an old timer anymore but I have put about 8 months into IP between before my pregnancy and now

I enjoy this thread because it's not the same questions over and over again because no one takes a moment to read the sticky's before asking their questions

Anyway I hope you all don't mind if I crash this thread from now on...even though I've only been kicking aroun for a couple months!
Of course you can post here, Jordanna!.. you have gobs of experience & tons of wisdom to share... truly, this thread isn't so much about time on IP as it is about sharing the experience in a non-newbie way... glad you're coming along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Can you give me some more info on the diet she put you on? I'm starting to worry about a minor upward trend on my scale... I could use some advice before I jump back on the big train.

Thanks for any input you have.

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Auntie - thank you for starting the new thread.

I would be interested in knowing the diet too... but I have a few more months on phase 1, each week I am getting closer I am inching to my 90% and am trying to get as ready as I can for phase 2 and 3 and 4...

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I finally got most of my lawn done... battery kept dying on my mower... lawn I swear was just about 2 feet tall, from all the rain... and today rain and clouds all day... oh well suppose to be nice during the week while I am in the air conditioned office where I have to wear a sweater...
It's essentially Phase 2, but with some low-sugar fruits added at breakfast & lunch... her list of low sugar fruits -- apples, berries (all types), grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, plums, prickly pear cactus, prunes... I've been doing mostly berries... kinda scared to venture out after going without fruit for so long... one thing I forgot to mention above was the addition of probiotics, either through a supplement or food (yogurt, kefir, low-fat acidophilus milk, tempeh)... so far, I've mostly relied on probiotic supplements, but I did have a Greek yogurt a couple of days ago that was mighty good... still, I'm trying to remember everything I've learned during my IP adventure, not going overboard on any carbs, even low sugar ones...

hugs
Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i've been fluctuating between 145 and 147 ever since i started phase 2. it's getting annoying. my coach was out on thursday, so i met with the doctor and he said that i need t stay on phase 2 until i get to 140 so that when i go to phase 3 i'll have room to get back up to 145. the problem is that phase 2 isn't making me lose any weight. i'm going to see how it goes for the next couple of days and if i still don't lose anything i'll start doing phase 1 every other day, otherwise i'll just be stuck on phase 2 forever. i just want to be done so that i can start my exercise classes and get rid of this floppy belly, arm and thigh skin!
Oh boy do I ever hear this one! We have the same goal weight and I've had the same experience with phase 2- stalled right out in my first week of it and tomorrow is WI for the second week of phase 2. I can practically taste greek yogurt with raspberries and granola in my mouth right now! I tried having only white fish or 2 eggs (with the exception of this evening when I had chicken) for my protein for the week in hopes that this would promote a bigger drop. My coach said last week that if I stalled again or didn't have a good loss this week I would be looking at maintaining at the 150 mark vs. the 145. Not. What. I. Wanted. But I can completely identify with wanting to get back to the gym and having the carbs for my body to utilize for a higher intensity work out. Veeerrrryyyy undecided as to how to proceed... but... I think tomorrow will be the beginning of Phase 3... I hope...I get scared even writing that... I'll just have to see what tomorrow's numbers look like and decide at that point I guess...
Old 08-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #18  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Oh boy do I ever hear this one! We have the same goal weight and I've had the same experience with phase 2- stalled right out in my first week of it and tomorrow is WI for the second week of phase 2. I can practically taste greek yogurt with raspberries and granola in my mouth right now! I tried having only white fish or 2 eggs (with the exception of this evening when I had chicken) for my protein for the week in hopes that this would promote a bigger drop. My coach said last week that if I stalled again or didn't have a good loss this week I would be looking at maintaining at the 150 mark vs. the 145. Not. What. I. Wanted. But I can completely identify with wanting to get back to the gym and having the carbs for my body to utilize for a higher intensity work out. Veeerrrryyyy undecided as to how to proceed... but... I think tomorrow will be the beginning of Phase 3... I hope...I get scared even writing that... I'll just have to see what tomorrow's numbers look like and decide at that point I guess...
i hate to say this, but i'm glad you're right there with me! my WI for week 2 is on thursday. if i haven't lost at least one pound by then, i am putting myself back on (at least half of the week) phase one until i can get down to 143 or less. at this rate, i'll never get to 140 on phase 2. my coach did say that i would lose less than most on phase 2 since i am a vegetarian and my proteins have some carbs in them and meat doesn't. but ugh, i do not want to be on phase 2 for 5+ weeks. the Dr. said the whole point of phase 2 is to increase calories so that phase 3 isn't a huge shock. my only problem with that is that i don't get the increased calories since my vegetarian proteins only have 70-140 calories per serving, as opposed to 200-400 calories in meat. truth be told, i get less carbs than phase one as well, so maybe that is why i'm stalling so much? who knows...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you for starting this thread again...it feels like 'home' with all the familiar names here and the experience, and knowledge you all have is amazing and so very helpful. WELL.... I have been stuck in the mid 60's for about 6+ mths now... ONLY due to me relaxing on the plan... and i have successfully maintained, and been wearing FIRST TIME since a teenager 2 piece bathing suits this summer !!! and size 12s, so am down from a tight 18. I AM happy about all of this... but have now noticed the #'s are creeping up again... this will be a life long battle for me forever! Aug 4th was ONE year for me .... even tho I have not followed strictly OP.... So today, Aug 7th, is ROUND TWO... I am 7lbs up from my lowest of 163, there I said it... I am NOT happy about it... but its up to me now to finish this... I have no excuse. So these next 3 days will be a b***h LOL....I am so thankful for this forum...its been such a source of great ideas and support. Have a great OP day everyone...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #20  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

It's Monday with a vengence! Just thought I'd share.
I ran away for the weekend...from pretty much everything. So now I have to face the consequences and man up for the week!

I have a face to face interview for a job that I phone interviewed for a week and a half ago. It's on Wednesday..and I'm super excited! And nervous. I really need it, but will try not to appear too desperate at the interview .

Down a little at this weeks WI, but I assume that I will not stay down.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I ran away for the weekend...from pretty much everything. So now I have to face the consequences and man up for the week!

I have a face to face interview for a job that I phone interviewed for a week and a half ago. It's on Wednesday..and I'm super excited! And nervous. I really need it, but will try not to appear too desperate at the interview .

Good luck on the interview! you will do GREAT!.....
Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #22  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:

Good luck you are going to do great in the interview and going to get the job... have a great week.

I keep trying to escape as well but work seems to find me... Wi # 24 & 25 today... I know I am at 75 lbs lost but I am hoping it will say at least 78 lost... would be nice but ate lot of red meat this weekend so who knows.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good luck you are going to do great in the interview and going to get the job... have a great week.

I keep trying to escape as well but work seems to find me... Wi # 24 & 25 today... I know I am at 75 lbs lost but I am hoping it will say at least 78 lost... would be nice but ate lot of red meat this weekend so who knows.
Oh my word! Your pics are amazing! 75 pounds lost is awesome! You go girl! I like the pics of you wearing the same dress, it's practically falling off of you in the after picture/!!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 232.9/187/165

Height: 5'8"

I have lost 50 lbs on IP, it's a great plan! I am about 22 lbs from my goal. I leave tomorrow for a business trip and know that I will not be able to stay 100% OP. I talked to my coach about my trip and he advise was just not to go overboard but to enjoy myself. All of the meals are company supplied buffet style-so I will not be able to have my food cooked IP friendly. I need suggestions on what to eat.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #25  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I was down less than one pound this week. GRRR... TOM for me. I really want to see somthing that starts with "14"... I'm struggling mentally with the program now. I still feel like I want to lose 5-10 more lbs, but part of me thinks I will always think that now and that I will never be happy. There is one little part of tummy flab that has to go, and then everything else I think I can live with. I've been hungrier this past week, now that I'm more active. I've allowed myself an extra packet on the days I work out. I hope that's it's also partly because I'm building muscle that I didn't lose very much. Have a good week everyone.

Welcome to those who are jumping over here. It isn't about time on the program, rather comfort with the program and needing help with being bored/tired of it rather than asking the same newbie questions over and over and over. As long as you understand the one-pager for Phase 1 and really "get the whole thing", I say come on over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i've been fluctuating between 145 and 147 ever since i started phase 2. it's getting annoying. my coach was out on thursday, so i met with the doctor and he said that i need t stay on phase 2 until i get to 140 so that when i go to phase 3 i'll have room to get back up to 145. the problem is that phase 2 isn't making me lose any weight. i'm going to see how it goes for the next couple of days and if i still don't lose anything i'll start doing phase 1 every other day, otherwise i'll just be stuck on phase 2 forever. i just want to be done so that i can start my exercise classes and get rid of this floppy belly, arm and thigh skin!
I have a fear of Phase 2... I hope to be there soon (plan to swap over at 150). I just can't wait to be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
It's essentially Phase 2, but with some low-sugar fruits added at breakfast & lunch... her list of low sugar fruits -- apples, berries (all types), grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, plums, prickly pear cactus, prunes... I've been doing mostly berries... kinda scared to venture out after going without fruit for so long... one thing I forgot to mention above was the addition of probiotics, either through a supplement or food (yogurt, kefir, low-fat acidophilus milk, tempeh)... so far, I've mostly relied on probiotic supplements, but I did have a Greek yogurt a couple of days ago that was mighty good... still, I'm trying to remember everything I've learned during my IP adventure, not going overboard on any carbs, even low sugar ones...

hugs
Check out "Fat Flush"... that includes low carb fruits as well. This sounds similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Let me know what you decide. I can almost taste greek yoghurt too. The mental struggle of this diet is getting very old. I just want my dairy and fruit back!

Quote:

Thinking of you and the interview this Wednesday. Knock 'em dead!

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-08-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #26  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I was down less than one pound this week. GRRR... TOM for me. I really want to see somthing that starts with "14"... I'm struggling mentally with the program now. I still feel like I want to lose 5-10 more lbs, but part of me thinks I will always think that now and that I will never be happy. There is one little part of tummy flab that has to go, and then everything else I think I can live with. I've been hungrier this past week, now that I'm more active. I've allowed myself an extra packet on the days I work out. I hope that's it's also partly because I'm building muscle that I didn't lose very much. Have a good week everyone.

Welcome to those who are jumping over here. It isn't about time on the program, rather comfort with the program and needing help with being bored/tired of it rather than asking the same newbie questions over and over and over. As long as you understand the one-pager for Phase 1 and really "get the whole thing", I say come on over...

I have a fear of Phase 2... I hope to be there soon (plan to swap over at 150). I just can't wait to be done!

Check out "Fat Flush"... that includes low carb fruits as well. This sounds similar.

Let me know what you decide. I can almost taste greek yoghurt too. The mental struggle of this diet is getting very old. I just want my dairy and fruit back!

Thinking of you and the interview this Wednesday. Knock 'em dead!
and Longdiv and Cap --

I hear the last 10 lbs are the hardest ever and you have to buckle down really hard on them... that just scares me... also phase 2 scares me... I know it can be done successfully but it is the unknown that is scary... I think you 3 are going to do great. You are all so skinny now... I just can't wait... have a great day.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I'm glad you said this, i hit 140 on friday (even tho at the clinic, my WI was 141). I have a lot of loose skin, but feel like I may never be happy with my body until i start working out. I also think that I will always want to lose 5 pounds more. So, when I got home after visiting the clinic, i decided to start phase 2.
This is probably really vain, but even though i am enjoying looking in the mirror at my body, my face looks really gaunt, almost like I am sick
...the only person who gets what I mean is my mom! (I'm pretty sure it's a mental thing, I've spent my entire life looking at my chubby faced reflection in the mirror...and there is no doubt that this change came quicker then my brain expected!)
So, I'm offically on Phase 2 and to make myself feel better about it, I changed my goal from 130 to 135!
Have a great week everyone!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #28  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Brummie I know what you mean about the loose skin and gaunt look - although I am by no means gaunt yet. I'm 60 and have been way overweight for a long time so I'm pretty worried about the loose skin.

Yesterday I went across the street to have coffee with a neighbour. She's only 3 years older than me - now she does smoke, barely moves and drinks like a fish, but still - she was wearing a baggy tank top with no bra but the worst part were her arms. They were grossly baggy loose skin with no fill or fat in them at all and very crepey. It made me almost want to stay fat.

then when I was watching tv I saw a commercial for lifestyle lift and I called. They are all in the US but I'm getting a brochure anyway. I'm thinking that if I lost all my 70 or 80 pounds I might have one of those lifestyle lifts to pick up my baggy jowls and neck and whatever else has sunken as I lose weight. It costs about $5000 US but that's cheaper and easier than a facelift. And it's done under local anesthetic.

As for the baggy arms, I will start working out when I get a big lower and try to minimize it but other than that - I don't know what can be done - I guess that's what clothes are for.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #29  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
I'm glad you said this, i hit 140 on friday (even tho at the clinic, my WI was 141). I have a lot of loose skin, but feel like I may never be happy with my body until i start working out. I also think that I will always want to lose 5 pounds more. So, when I got home after visiting the clinic, i decided to start phase 2.
This is probably really vain, but even though i am enjoying looking in the mirror at my body, my face looks really gaunt, almost like I am sick
...the only person who gets what I mean is my mom! (I'm pretty sure it's a mental thing, I've spent my entire life looking at my chubby faced reflection in the mirror...and there is no doubt that this change came quicker then my brain expected!)
So, I'm offically on Phase 2 and to make myself feel better about it, I changed my goal from 130 to 135!
Have a great week everyone!
So congrats on the 50lbs lost that is huge the face in the mirror, oh how I agree with you there, I still don't recognize me, I see my sister (which is kind of scary) I didn't think we looked that much like each other... but then I have always had such a round face. Now my face shape is more like hers, I know it is me but where did I get those bags under my eyes and how can I get rid of them. I too have loose skin, my arms just look yucky, but I brave the world and still wear tank tops and shorts. My biggest sag is in my stomach, I noticed that my poor belly button is so sunk in it is scary. But I love that my size 10 pants are getting loose too and will have to go goodwilling again for shirts as some of them are too big now. My T-shirts look like I am wearing 10x too big... (I love my t-shirts) and I just haven't found replacements for them. I looked at myself yesterday just before walking the dogs my t-shirt is just about mid thigh and my shorts are so big my legs look like little sticks coming out of them... so will have to start shopping again. (I don't really like shopping) I put it off as much as I can.

Brummie you hare doing great you just keep up what you are doing and it only matters as to when YOU feel you are ready to go to the next phase. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #30  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Brummie I know what you mean about the loose skin and gaunt look - although I am by no means gaunt yet. I'm 60 and have been way overweight for a long time so I'm pretty worried about the loose skin.

Yesterday I went across the street to have coffee with a neighbour. She's only 3 years older than me - now she does smoke, barely moves and drinks like a fish, but still - she was wearing a baggy tank top with no bra but the worst part were her arms. They were grossly baggy loose skin with no fill or fat in them at all and very crepey. It made me almost want to stay fat.

then when I was watching tv I saw a commercial for lifestyle lift and I called. They are all in the US but I'm getting a brochure anyway. I'm thinking that if I lost all my 70 or 80 pounds I might have one of those lifestyle lifts to pick up my baggy jowls and neck and whatever else has sunken as I lose weight. It costs about $5000 US but that's cheaper and easier than a facelift. And it's done under local anesthetic.

As for the baggy arms, I will start working out when I get a big lower and try to minimize it but other than that - I don't know what can be done - I guess that's what clothes are for.
I recommend doing some additional reading about loose skin. I read somewhere that loose skin is normally that way because there is some fat trapped underneath after losing a lot of weight. The skin is very good at stretching and then shrinking. I read somewhere that if you lose another 5lbs, then the skin starts to tighten and the flabbiness goes away... I certainly hope this is the case, as my arm flab is starting to get to me... and I don't want plastic surgery.
Closed Thread