Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

So.............day three on this novi-cleanse, and the big C for three days!!. Bloated, and feel crappy. Tried two novilax last night, nothing, not even a rumble....If by tonight nothing moves, I am off this cleanse thats suppose to remove me off toxins. I would rather have the toxins, and feel good and lose weight and have my plumbing work just fine. I am up five lbs in three days, even thought its water I feel like crapola, literally. I should have known not to fix something that works well....
Old 05-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #62  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
So.............day three on this novi-cleanse, and the big C for three days!!. Bloated, and feel crappy. Tried two novilax last night, nothing, not even a rumble....If by tonight nothing moves, I am off this cleanse thats suppose to remove me off toxins. I would rather have the toxins, and feel good and lose weight and have my plumbing work just fine. I am up five lbs in three days, even thought its water I feel like crapola, literally. I should have known not to fix something that works well....
On Thursday morning I took 3 novilax and on Thursday night I took 2 novilax and Friday morning I took 3 more novilax and spent the rest of Friday going to the bathroom.

I had the big C for 8 days before that.

Believe it or not the scale has not budged and I am 100% (not 99%) on protocol.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #63  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words about the job fair. I think it went really well, and as long as past mistakes don't bite me in the butt, I'm so in at the school I wanted. I went out to sushi last night to celebrate and had them wrap snow crab and cucumber and boiled shrimp in soy paper or seaweed, no rice. I expect the soy sauce may get me today, since I didn't get in the water yesterday (didn't want to be peeing through job fair!), but that will go down by weigh in on Friday. Sipping on my BCPom drink this morning and pretending it has alcohol, lol. May go lay around in the pool. Yeah. Gonna do that .

Locks, just stick with the diet! It works, we know, and yeah, it's so hard.

Darbs, I hope that your daughter learns as much about nutrition as you did. Your comment about planning for maintenance every day hit home. Thanks.

Ash, I hope your toe feels better soon! Good luck getting other things down (and here's me being a hard*ss), and don't let that be an excuse to bar binge. Sorry! Big hug.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #64  

I would go nuts 8 days with the bigC, maybe more oil? I am going to add another teaspoon on my salad today see if it does anything.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #65  

Smile Shrinking Susie

I was expecting to stay the same or have a gain because I only drank half my daily water yesterday! We had a bbq last night and I made myself Rouladin (thinly cut steak with mustard on it and pickles rolled up and tied, tastes like McDonalds hamburger) and everyone was like "That looks good, let me try!" and they all were like "WOW! It DOES taste like McDonalds, but healthy!" So nice to have supportive friends!

That sounds really good. What kind of steak do you get adn what do you tie it with? My husband does all the grilling. We grill a lot and that sounds yummy. TIA
Old 05-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
PLEASE don't feel like you're giving up! Maybe it's just a change in strategy. You may lose a bit in the future from other methods like more intense workouts, or even just changing things.

Either way, you've been extremely successful. Enjoy it to the max!!
Thanks, Blue!

I started phase 3 this morning. It was harder than I expected. I had a mini-panic attack in the fruit aisle yesterday buying blueberries. I've put so much into this diet, and gotten so much back, it's hard to let it go.

I do feel like it's time to do something new though. It's not working anymore, and it's time to mix things up.

After this morning's breakfast I felt great initially, but I'm having some energy issues now. I'm also noticing that I'm in a Mood and I'm angry for no good reason, which I've seen happen before. So I'm taking it easy, and just being really careful about my food today.

Have a good Sunday, ladies. You are all like a lifeline through this process!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #67  

Default Constipation

I was only constipated once when on IP. I consider myself lucky that I've only experienced that once in my life! Any way, if the IP fibre products don't work for you, try pro-biotics ("good" bacteria) or coconut oil (CO is a pre-biotic, feeds the good bacteria). With the coconut oil, start slow, 1/2 tablespoon or less, twice a day.

Apologies in advance for the TMI; I'll try to express this as delicately as possible. I overdid the CO one night, and the next day at work I had to call the facilities department because, ummm, the toilet was clogged.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default workshop tomorrow

I'm heading to Oklahoma City for a workshop/luncheon tomorrow. I have my celery cleaned and my broccoli and asparagus steamed and in evoo and vinegar. No matter what they serve at the luncheon I'll be prepared. I'm taking a RTD for my snack on the way home. I always pack a cooler so I can keep a gallon of water cold. You sure get a lot better at this the longer we're on this diet.
I'm going to hit the pool at 6:00 am before I leave. I AM going to see this through.
Good luck tomorrow everyone.
Mary
Old 05-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default guilt

I know I shouldn't be happy but.......
My husband leaves for the summer and goes north to fish. Well, he's leaving a week fom tomorrow and I don't have to cook for 4 months! He doesn't cook at all, so I've had to cook for both of us, and he still eats all his carbs. I'm thinking everything is going to be so much easier when he's gone. I am going to hit that 50 lb. mark tomorrow. I am I am I am.
This house is going to be cleaned out of all bad food so there will be no temptation.
Mary
Old 05-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #70  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I know I shouldn't be happy but.......
My husband leaves for the summer and goes north to fish. Well, he's leaving a week fom tomorrow and I don't have to cook for 4 months! He doesn't cook at all, so I've had to cook for both of us, and he still eats all his carbs. I'm thinking everything is going to be so much easier when he's gone. I am going to hit that 50 lb. mark tomorrow. I am I am I am.
This house is going to be cleaned out of all bad food so there will be no temptation.
Mary
I am glad I am single and don't have someone depending on me to cook for them. I think this makes it a whole lot easier without having to cook extra stuff. I hope to get to 50lbs this week too, congrats on your weight loss. and have a great 4 months off cooking.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #71  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh so nice to not have to cook the high carb stuff huh. Much easier not to be tempted. I had a friend in town celebrating and it was sooooo hard watching her drink wine. I caved and had some. And then I ate more than I was supposed to. I ate BBQ soy nuts but had three packs of them At least I didnt get into really bad food but still, that sorta sucks. Well, Im viewing it as today is another day!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I was only constipated once when on IP. I consider myself lucky that I've only experienced that once in my life! Any way, if the IP fibre products don't work for you, try pro-biotics ("good" bacteria) or coconut oil (CO is a pre-biotic, feeds the good bacteria). With the coconut oil, start slow, 1/2 tablespoon or less, twice a day.

Apologies in advance for the TMI; I'll try to express this as delicately as possible. I overdid the CO one night, and the next day at work I had to call the facilities department because, ummm, the toilet was clogged.

This is the first time for me having the big C,,,,since I started the cleanse. I am going to the gym this morning so will see my coach and I will tell her I dont want to do it anymore, I feel bla!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #73  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Mary, don't feel guilty! Instead feel proud of yourself for not being upset that he's leaving for four months, and proud of your marriage that you trust him to do so. Imagine what you'll look like when he comes home!

Hi, Svelting!!! And hahahahahahahaha!

Locks, I've heard the same things about the cleanse from more than just you. I'm considering a cleanse, but not that one. Any suggestions, ya'll?

AFM...I need a job!!! I wish the people from job fair would just let me know now. I hate waiting...impatience is not a virtue, I know. I dreamed about teaching last night, and being observed, and everything going wrong. Sigh. Weight-wise, I bought a scale this weekend, and from yesterday morning am down 1.2 pounds. I know how much it fluctuates, but it helps me to see that, since I can't always weigh in at the same time.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #74  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Today marks the beginning of another round. I can do this. Leave for Disney on June 13th so will do my best to be OP until then
Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I know...I started with a size 18 bottom and an XXL or 1X top. I am currently wearing a size 8 bottom and medium tops. So I literally have nothing from before. I have been on plan around 35 weeks so it took me until about 4 weeks ago to actually purge everything. I had all the stuff in bags upstairs, but I just couldn't let it go. Well, it has been gone for a month and it was very enlightening (literally).

So when I put my winter clothes away last weekend....I literally had about 4-5 items hanging in my closet. Hubby took me on a fun little TJ MaXX shopping spree....I purchased a pair of pants, pair of capris, 2 pairs of shorts, 5 skirts, and 15 tops....very fun
Good for you darbs7! It feels good doesn't it? I am now in a size 14 from 18-20! 40 more to go! I am hoping by August I will be at goal!
Closed Thread